GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Options
    I went against my first Lv 60 epic gear team today.I'm Lv 50. I wrecked em. No one died and I ended the match fully healed. I feel like when you fully understand your priority targets and when to retreat, it gets pretty easy.

I do agree it needs a change. We shouldn't need to retreat multiple times, in almost every match to ensure victory.

I'm not sure what the change should be but there needs to be something.
  • Options
    Hey, I've been playing Galactic wars right up until the last level but never playing the last. I like the steady income of rewards given. Can anyone tell me if you can continue playing them each day after completing?
  • Options
    400 gems, 10 crystals, some exp droid, some ability materials, and a random shard
  • Boro_Smooth1
    79 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    And if U finish it 50 times, than Vader shards, 200 crystals and some other stuff from achievements. Those 200 crystals made my day yesterday ;-)
  • Options
    If you finish it 100 times, Princess Leia will be proud of you.
  • Options
    Feel sorry for you guys who can't finish gw.......build up your healers, keep your toons alive ...
  • Options
    Fighton wrote: »
    Feel sorry for you guys who can't finish gw.......build up your healers, keep your toons alive ...

From what I gather, many who can't are simply running into teams midway that are much higher level and more powerful than them. Nothing can really be done there short of having a big selection of solid characters and building them all up to be close in power.

Others I am sure just focus on their arena team of 5 characters which is of course the wrong way to go for gw.

I've completed it every day since the update although today seemed like that streak was coming to an end since I had a ridiculous opponent on battle ten. I got lucky.
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Below is an example, bud. That was today's bounty. It shows 200 tokens but that's just a display bug, you get 400 tokens if you complete the final battle. All I'll say is don't give up, today I had to re-try round 9 a grand total of 14 times before I got a satisfactory result. More than a few expletives left my mouth during those attempts but it's worth it when you open up that last rewards chest.

Rk5aNnO.jpg
  • Options
    shimmy wrote: »
    Fighton wrote: »

From what I gather, many who can't are simply running into teams midway that are much higher level and more powerful than them. Nothing can really be done there short of having a big selection of solid characters and building them all up to be close in power.

Others I am sure just focus on their arena team of 5 characters which is of course the wrong way to go for gw.

I've completed it every day since the update although today seemed like that streak was coming to an end since I had a ridiculous opponent on battle ten. I got lucky.

I couldn't agree less...

RNG is always king of the day. I've experienced both sides of the coin & have come to the conclusion that it's just down to "luck".

As for having a 5 toon roster as both GW & arena teams being a bad idea... That's a matter of opinion. I use chewie, Sid, *lumi, talia & GS in both & apart from using suicide squads in GW on occasion I can pretty much complete GW & still stay within the top 30 of Arena. It's all how you chose to play &/or if you've read helpful guides.

* = leader

Regards
  • Options
    You have to know when to Retreat and when to lead with a suicide squad to burn cooldowns. Good luck on your quest!
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Options
    Did they change something today or did i just have bad luck?

Half way through i already got opponents which were 5 levels higher and gear 7-8 than my a-team. Impossible to beat GW today. My first time that i didnt beat it.

After 3-4 such teams i had no chars anymore. Still 4 matches to go.

How is that fair that you get such hard enemies so early? Is there no kind of matchmaking? I ve got one A-team which is lv 59 and gear 7 (half of 7), rest of my chars are 30-52.

Bad luck today or global change to difficulty?
  • Options
    Your opponents are random, some days you will have it easy while other days it will be much tougher. I went 2 days where it was a real change and have since gone 3 days that have been a breeze.
  • Options
    It is one thing to lose or be beat by similar leveled toons. I can accept that defeat. But the few times I was unable to defeat GW was when the characters were far higher level than mine. Losing that way just feels unfair. I hope that this matchmaking is something the devs are considering. If I lose because I faced a well synergized team that was my level, fine. But to lose to toons that are just far higher levelled than mine is not a good way to end on the app.
  • Options
    @HansOlo

There's no change in Galactic War difficulty at all.
    Some days we get tougher battles and other days easier battles, try *Searching* the forums, there's several methods to butter down your Galactic War experience. Good luck next time.

Regeneration
  • Options
    Today after update I am also stuck in node 8th. I never had a problem till node 10/11 before.
  • Options
    My GW started out super fun today! Lvl 60 pg right out of the gate- no biggie, next 5 the same. Then come the monsters battle 6 all 7 star pg lvl 65, with a few sacrifices I made it. Then the next one- all maxed out lvl 68 beasts!
    Gs , dooku, ig 88,ig 86 ,poggle

These guys are as of yet unstoppable

31 tries and only 3 times I could have passed it but chose to retry for better health on next level.

I hit a brick wall like this everyday and eventually get past.

• Options
    Lately it seems the most difficult matches are near the middle, I had one today I had to restart quite a few times. I try to save my Arena team for the final match. After finally pushing my way through, my final team was blue gear level 60? Random indeed... (I'm level 66 with max gear)
  • Options
    I noticed the same thing once I hit level 60. I just posted a similar post.
  • Options
    But facing gear 8 lv 64 team with already AI advantage in the middle of the GW is just WAY too difficult for me. Such games early on decimates my roster and i cant go on much longer.

I mean, there is already AI advantage (count dooku lv 65, gear 8, yeah.... Always stunning and attacking thousand times). What should be random is the team composition, but the power level shouldnt be so much higher. Probably the last 2 fights, but in the middle?!?!

I got really demotivated due to this today. challenge ... Yes, but impossible challenge ... No
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Below is an example, bud. That was today's bounty. It shows 200 tokens but that's just a display bug, you get 400 tokens if you complete the final battle. All I'll say is don't give up, today I had to re-try round 9 a grand total of 14 times before I got a satisfactory result. More than a few expletives left my mouth during those attempts but it's worth it when you open up that last rewards chest.

Rk5aNnO.jpg

Hey, wait, why do you get Old Ben while I get this:

YApe3bv.jpg

That's unfair! Pls nerf ThalosKirano, he's so OP ;)
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Retreat ,
    you need 3 healer lumi, jc and daka.
    You need some tank Cheww, Poe ( good to sacrifice Poe him to save some of your heroes then use a backup healer to heal)
    suicide squad
    squad B team

Most ppl can't finish GW because they didn't use any strategy and they blamed on RNG. Seriously even you face all 7stars and bad synergies squad you can use suicide squads, squad b to burn and then finish off with your main roster.
  • Options
    2nw3g2v.jpg

And such teams were already in the middle
  • HansOlo
    51 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    And here a part of my troops

ne9sib.jpg

Most dead or heavy injured, other ones all essential skills on CD (like Poes taunt)

Repeat: my first GW i didnt beat and i play since end of december
  • Options
    Yeah I have experienced this as well. It helps to have a deep roster of D-teams. I use d teams to exhaust skills of tough opponents, like Poe taunt or poggle buff. Once d team dies, clean up with A team. Vader is a good D team candidate, I have had some luck with culling blade unexpectedly killing a tough opponent. His viability on a-team is null. I use daka as a backup healer/resurrection toon. For last couple nodes sometimes for fun I throw trash groups and get surprising results.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    You don't need three healers, can be done with two also. But it's really just a luck thing. Yesterday I had a team 4 lvls above myself at fight 5, today I had a team 5 lvs below me in the last fight
  • Options
    Yup.. It starts to get better at 64-65, at least it did for me. I don't know if this will still be the case though, with the level 70 increase. :/
  • Options
    Natok205 wrote: »
    Yeah I have experienced this as well. It helps to have a deep roster of D-teams. I use d teams to exhaust skills of tough opponents, like Poe taunt or poggle buff. Once d team dies, clean up with A team. Vader is a good D team candidate, I have had some luck with culling blade unexpectedly killing a tough opponent. His viability on a-team is null. I use daka as a backup healer/resurrection toon. For last couple nodes sometimes for fun I throw trash groups and get surprising results.

I currently have a flex spot in my A team that Vader can fill. I was able to gear7 him really easily too.

Currently my A team is the following:

Phasma 5* 59 leader
    Lumi 6* 60
    Kylo 6* 59
    Sid 5* 59
    JC 4*59/5s4*59/Vader4*
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Yup.. It starts to get better at 64-65, at least it did for me. I don't know if this will still be the case though, with the level 70 increase. :/

Yes then it crushes you again at 66-67 :)

All will be back to normal at 70. This should be an expected thing with each cap raise so plan ahead!
  • Options
    I see we do GW differently, I typically don't go attack heavy until the final match. I prepare for the long term sprint, so I have Barriss and Lum alternating heals while stalling near the end of each battle to get the cool down as much as possible. My goal is start the next battle with full health with cool downs on heals as minimal as possible. Teams you posted are all I deal with in the 65~70 bracket. I haven't lost a GW since it was introduced to me at my level.
  • Options
    I found it much more difficult at levels 55-60. Much easier after that.