Replies

• MesterenR
    10 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Raw wrote: »
    My last posting is gone...
    Okay again:
    Your arena team is far too low in level (62-68, while you are 71), that should never happen.
    Also buy your Wedge shards in fleet store and make sure you always save some tokens (1600 at least until noon next day) for the case that Slave+Scimitar+Darth Vader+Wedge come up in the shipments.
    Well, I got them up in levels. But I think my shard is just too hard. I have just died 5 times in a row trying to improve my spot as number 19, and that is the bes spot I have made since I got my team improved.
    So if I can make it in to top 20 in the future I'll settle for that, and I won't be using crystals in arena.
    Perhaps in the future when something has changed I can try again.
    Post edited by MesterenR on
  • Options
    Tired this guide on a new account. I've been top 50 and broken top 20 twice. But nothing else is possible. Several whales on this shard are already 10 levels ahead and loads of Sith teams with Kylo and Vader completely eat this team for breakfast. Might need to adjust the guidance to make it competitive with the new meta I think.
  • Deingesicht
    82 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Mans_Yolo wrote: »
    Tired this guide on a new account. I've been top 50 and broken top 20 twice. But nothing else is possible. Several whales on this shard are already 10 levels ahead and loads of Sith teams with Kylo and Vader completely eat this team for breakfast. Might need to adjust the guidance to make it competitive with the new meta I think.

New meta? I don't think will change the early game strategy. You still need rebels to get palp. Rebels are the best in the early game and provide a pathway for many other options after.

What level are you on currently?
  • Options

New meta? I don't think will change the early game strategy. You still need rebels to get palp. Rebels are the best in the early game and provide a pathway for many other options after.

What level are you on currently?

• Options
    They might have followed this guide: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86076/the-perfect-guide-for-the-perfect-start#latest

Did you do the same (this perfect start guide was created after I started)? In any event, there is a limit to how fast they can promote vader and siddious doesn't have much health so he can be easily killed. If you had AA, you could dispell all those negative effects from Vaders crusher and siddious' AoE move.

I could probably help you if you posted a link to your profile
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Yes plz create an swgoh.gg account.
    Do you have mods?
    Have you been able to buy 200 cantina and normal energy each day?
    Real ,whales' there are not so common, but if they really pay for 10 levels, well that's part of the game that these guys get an advantage over the ftp people.
    @Deingesicht
    Vader actually has a rather high health pool, at least if I look at this lvl81, 7* with 23k health unmodded in my arena...
  • Options
    I think he meant only Sid with low health. Vader is tanky, mine is 29k health plus 39k protection.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Ah okay, my bad.
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    1. There is no guide that will help you beat whales.
    2. If opponents outlevel, outgear and outspeed you then you won't get good results, I think that's clear as sun.
    3. There is nothing new in meta. It's still the same as it was yesterday. Just because you can't beat smth doesn't mean it's a new meta.
    As Deingesicht wrote - rebels are obigatory, because of their early game strength and palp requirements. You also get great pilots out of them, so there is no alternative way to start off atm. If anything minor tweaks can be adjusted.
    At your level it's impossible for them to have an upgraded and geared up vader (fleet shop exclusive). I assume they have Kylo, Vader and Sid (you wrote smth like that), probably Boba to that. With a team of Lando (L), Boba, STH, Ackbar, (Biggs/JC/GS) it should be an easy fight. You can switch Ackbar as lead if you're not fast enough with Lando. Anyway - I can't see you loosing this fight. Only reason you do is that they outgear, outlevel and outmod you. If so, there is no fix for that.
    We are still under a speed meta, so Rebels will be viable for a long time, especially in early/mid game. Game is shifting towards TM manipulation meta with so many pre/auto taunters around, but you need better supporting cast than are available early on.
    Post edited by wawrzon on
  • Options
    I am right now collecting energy for the "perfect start" strategy with Lando as my first chromium draw. But I was wondering about the arena/fleet shards; is everyone who is in an arena shard the same people who will be in the fleet shard?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Hike wrote: »
    I am right now collecting energy for the "perfect start" strategy with Lando as my first chromium draw. But I was wondering about the arena/fleet shards; is everyone who is in an arena shard the same people who will be in the fleet shard?
    No, you get those who are 60 the moment you are.
  • Options

Ok, is there any merit in trying to "scout" with another account, or will it just take way to long to level an account to 60?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Ok, is there any merit in trying to "scout" with another account, or will it just take way to long to level an account to 60?

That would be insane in my eyes... But I must say if you consequently spend all GW tokens only to ship plans, you should have good chances to be #1 or #2 at payout. My fleet power is now 120k and I can win against ~140k teams with a little luck. You also cannot know if the other players invest money in ship plan datapacks so scouting makes no real sense.

Also with lvl60, you should easily have some 150 crystals to spare for a refresh. That should bring you high enough.
    Post edited by Raw on
  • HankdaSilva
    2 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    If there's transition to empire/sith teams later on, is there any point to farm JKA anymore since he's gonna get ditched anyway, and farm TFP or mods instead?

Edit: Oh never mind, JKA wasn't there anymore for cantina anyway, was thinking of older version.
  • Options
    Whales usually buy what is on offer at the moment. Right now Sith are on offer so expect to see lots of sith on new shards, just like you'd see rogue one rebels before. Thing is, how are they going to get palpatine in 15 days from now?

There is a whale on my shard that is more than 10 levels ahead of everyone, he uses a sith group. I still beat him with my rebels no problem.

Speed is the key. For new shards, if your boba is faster, you win.
  • Options
    On my account when I reached level 60 I was placed really low the fleet arena, it was sort of frustrating since I basically only had enough to save for wedge shards or for rare ship shards. I took one or 2 refreshes on the first couple of days and have been able to keep #1 since. Biggs was 7* and I just bought ship plans on GW (for ships which I had the toons) at first.
  • Mans_Yolo
    171 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Koresh wrote: »
    Whales usually buy what is on offer at the moment. Right now Sith are on offer so expect to see lots of sith on new shards, just like you'd see rogue one rebels before. Thing is, how are they going to get palpatine in 15 days from now?

There is a whale on my shard that is more than 10 levels ahead of everyone, he uses a sith group. I still beat him with my rebels no problem.

Speed is the key. For new shards, if your boba is faster, you win.
    They might have followed this guide: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86076/the-perfect-guide-for-the-perfect-start#latest

Did you do the same (this perfect start guide was created after I started)? In any event, there is a limit to how fast they can promote vader and siddious doesn't have much health so he can be easily killed. If you had AA, you could dispell all those negative effects from Vaders crusher and siddious' AoE move.

I could probably help you if you posted a link to your profile
    Yes plz create an swgoh.gg account.
    Do you have mods?
    Have you been able to buy 200 cantina and normal energy each day?
    Real ,whales' there are not so common, but if they really pay for 10 levels, well that's part of the game that these guys get an advantage over the ftp people.
    @Deingesicht
    Vader actually has a rather high health pool, at least if I look at this lvl81, 7* with 23k health unmodded in my arena...

Here's my profile. I've been doing 200-300 crystals worth of refreshes per day since the account was created depending on arena rank. I don't have ackbar geared yet as I spent my energy to this point on other characters until recently. Might work on him next.

https://swgoh.gg/u/mansyolob2/collection/
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I finnaly finished 3* tier 3 health mod with team lev60 Lando(L), Boba, St Han, Biggs,JC (power 22.406), my St Han seems unluck or weak so that he often die first in this battle before even without taunting :-(.
    At lev60, i join the fleet arena with a litle bit high rank (#7), i don't know the way swgoh arrange to have first rank at lev 60 the first tine in fleet arena.
    Anyway, from now there are one more war to fight. :-).
    Post edited by pnhuy on
  • Options
    I looked at your mods on the characters. Try and get 5 stars asap. A couple of things to note:
    - your STN has a higher potency mod on it that boba. Boba needs the highest perfectage.
    - Boba has the protection mod and STN has a health one, change it around
    - The crit damage mod on Biggs should go to Lando

I only had a quick look but I noticed that the level of the characters was only slightly lower than current max level - max sure they are the highest.

Also stop gearing up Vader - you won't need him in arena for a while on focus on your current toons ex JC
  • Options
    What are you using for arena? If JC, he should be gear 8 by this time (he is really easy to gear). I am not sure Vader has synergy with this team at all.

Ackbar at gear 6 should help with sith teams a lot - you'll need to gear him for fleet arena anyways.

3staring the health challenge involves using protection so that STHan does not die on the first wave (since they'll shoot first always), at lower gear levels, sometimes straight +protection numbers are better than percentages.

• Mans_Yolo
    171 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Fixed some mods based on suggestions. Geared up JC a little bit. We'll see how it goes.
    Post edited by Mans_Yolo on
  • Roukino
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm following this guide and am currently lvl45.
    Here is my collection : https://swgoh.gg/u/roukino/collection/
    In a team like Lando/st Han/Biggs/ackbar or boba, for the healer should i focus on JC or Lumi ?

Any advices about my collection is appreciated !!
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    JC, he will be your pilot later.
    Lumi would be just useless.

I didn't need a healer in Arena, but I had Wedge.

Did you pull that HK47 from chromium?
  • Roukino
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Ok i go for JC then.

Bought droid pack, that's why i have HK47.

Just got Boba.
    What should be my arena team at the moment :
    Lando/Biggs/St Han/Boba/JC
    or
    Lando/Biggs/St Han/Boba/ackbar
    or
    LAndo/biggs/St Han/Boba/GS ?
    Post edited by Roukino on
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Try out what works best. No gear would be wasted there. Our current #1 uses wedge (l), Biggs, Lando, STH, Ackbar and seems to manage lvl85 teams with his lvl80 team.

Must say he has a 15 speed secondary cross mod with protection primary on his Biggs. Without it, he wouldn't.
  • Options
    What about Dark Side Missions? It will be hard to get the DS-only-Gear if you only have Boba. Maybe get Phasma and Daka to 4*, so you have Phasma(L), Boba, Daka, GS and RG? It would also really help in GW.
  • Options
    I have been playing Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes and I'd like you to play as well! If you install the game and add me as an Ally, we can lend each other characters, like Clone Wars Chewbacca!

Here is my Ally Code: 818-396-555

Install the game here: http://smarturl.it/SWIEM and play to level 18 to add me as an Ally.

Sent from my iPhone
  • Options
    Pls report Vinamra.
    Under no circumstance should you click his link.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    JaminSpace wrote: »
    What about Dark Side Missions? It will be hard to get the DS-only-Gear if you only have Boba. Maybe get Phasma and Daka to 4*, so you have Phasma(L), Boba, Daka, GS and RG? It would also really help in GW.

Get in a guild with high lvl people, invite them for ally and use their lvl85 gear 11 EP.
    With only Boba really leveled and geared it was totally enough.
    And in the later game you have Boba, Maul, Vader, Sun Fac, GS/TFP and IG88 if you followed this guide. I 3* all hard nodes on lvl 8 dark side on auto play as soon as available.

Post edited by Raw on
  • Options
    Most gear can be farmed on light side as well, and if you got nihilus now you can just do everything with nihilus and vader anyways. I got dooku from my dark side starter pack (only purchase).

On the new "sith meta" a whale on my shard already has a 6 star nihilus along with a full sith team. He doesn't have EP, so basically my rebels kill them all without them having a turn since dooku keeps feeding turn meter to everyone through STHan. They are quite tanky now (specially vader and dooku with all the self healing under a nihilus lead).

Pretty soon it is Dooku against full team. He is really annoying with all the self healing on every attack, but if GS or Biggs assist each otehr, he is gone.