Adaptive F2P Guide

Replies

• Options
    Raw wrote: »
    MaTucci wrote: »
    I'll 7* EP today (so hyped about it lol), and was wondering what Raw's and Doitsuyama's (because he's ahead of us) opinions would be on going for the Rex (L) route, instead of Zaul (god, I love Maul).
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/96124/best-rex-arena-team/p1
    Saw this thread and started to think about it (and with the new Phoenix toon, Siths will have a hard time against them (the thing is that they won't be f2p)).

And btw, just got my 2nd MKV Droid Caller from Rancor yesterday. Wedge needs one for G10, SF to G9 and Palp to G9 (and G10, already have the gear). Who should I give it to ? As much as I want to give it to EP, I think Wedge and SF might be a better option, right? (But god, SF is hard to get to G9).

(As gear upgrade goes, I'll going for STH G10, Wedge or Boba G10, then Biggs)

Grats for the super good mods!
    SF g9 is super helpful, as mentioned it gave me 17k protection with mods (however I use a tenacity cross now that costs me 5k protection but a stunned/shocked/frozen SF is not very helpful)...

Have 1400 crystals ready for the MK5 droid caller, it's a good price for it. Actually I have the same thing here, upgraded EP but this MK5 droid caller stopped me. But anyways I don't want to use EP before zMaul is ready.

Thanks!

Just need some cuffs to get him to G9. And yes, I'm using a Tenacity Cross too, he already has a huge HP+Protection, I think the tenacity boost is worth it

And MK5 Droid Callers are sold in shipments? Good to know, never saw one before, I thought they were raid only (and Guild/Ship shipments)
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    I'll 7* EP today (so hyped about it lol), and was wondering what Raw's and Doitsuyama's (because he's ahead of us) opinions would be on going for the Rex (L) route, instead of Zaul (god, I love Maul).
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/96124/best-rex-arena-team/p1
    Saw this thread and started to think about it (and with the new Phoenix toon, Siths will have a hard time against them (the thing is that they won't be f2p)).

And btw, just got my 2nd MKV Droid Caller from Rancor yesterday. Wedge needs one for G10, SF to G9 and Palp to G9 (and G10, already have the gear). Who should I give it to ? As much as I want to give it to EP, I think Wedge and SF might be a better option, right? (But god, SF is hard to get to G9).

(As gear upgrade goes, I'll going for STH G10, Wedge or Boba G10, then Biggs)

Grats for the super good mods!
    SF g9 is super helpful, as mentioned it gave me 17k protection with mods (however I use a tenacity cross now that costs me 5k protection but a stunned/shocked/frozen SF is not very helpful)...

Have 1400 crystals ready for the MK5 droid caller, it's a good price for it. Actually I have the same thing here, upgraded EP but this MK5 droid caller stopped me. But anyways I don't want to use EP before zMaul is ready.

Thanks!

Just need some cuffs to get him to G9. And yes, I'm using a Tenacity Cross too, he already has a huge HP+Protection, I think the tenacity boost is worth it

And MK5 Droid Callers are sold in shipments? Good to know, never saw one before, I thought they were raid only (and Guild/Ship shipments)

I've bought another today for my EP so, yes. But the Shipments changes with lvl80 (also golden salvages available), so maybe it is only introduced with 80.
  • omniside
    7 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    It was there all the time as the rest of raid loot - 1400 crystals each. CEC Furnace Mk5 is the best buy though, as it requires Mk 6 Chiewab Hypo Syringe and Mk 3 Sienar Holo Projector to craft.
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi all,
    Idk about the time fleet arena allows a fleet can attack after being attacked by another. Because i faced a situation like this: i waited at about 1m30 (before ending fleet arena to get prize) and finished the battle to prevent my enemy to attack, however, my enemy still can re-attack me and win to re-get the rank on time. So my question is: can my enemy use auto and win at a fleet battle with the short time like this( with the power compare to each other not too high,my power 75k, him 72k)??? Or the fleet arena alowed to attack early before i waited and finished the battle???
    Thanks a lot!!!
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    pnhuy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Idk about the time fleet arena allows a fleet can attack after being attacked by another. Because i faced a situation like this: i waited at about 1m30 (before ending fleet arena to get prize) and finished the battle to prevent my enemy to attack, however, my enemy still can re-attack me and win to re-get the rank on time. So my question is: can my enemy use auto and win at a fleet battle with the short time like this( with the power compare to each other not too high,my power 75k, him 72k)??? Or the fleet arena alowed to attack early before i waited and finished the battle???
    Thanks a lot!!!

No, you can't attack someone who is in a fight. Wait until 50 seconds before payout next time. 1:30 is really short but possible as you have experienced...
  • Options
    So what seems to be the consensus to farm after Lando reaches 5*? Farm GS until activation, or just focus on TFP? Thanks, great guide as always!
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    If you haven't got enough units, GW could be hard. I had GS and loved that he would call an assist. You need both units anyways. I would get GS.
  • Options
    So what seems to be the consensus to farm after Lando reaches 5*? Farm GS until activation, or just focus on TFP? Thanks, great guide as always!

Lando until he is 7*
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    Options
    pnhuy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Thanks a lot!!!

No, you can't attack someone who is in a fight. Wait until 50 seconds before pay out next time. 1:30 is really short but possible as you have experienced...

Thank you Raw, I will wait a little bit before entering the battle.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options

Lando until he is 7*

Oups, didn't read that '5*'. Yes first Lando 7*
  • Options

Lando until he is 7*

Oups, didn't read that '5*'. Yes first Lando 7*

Ah ok, thanks for the clear up. On the original post, points #8 and #9 may need to be updated to reflect this change. My understanding is farm Lando to 7* first. If I can do the 5-dot Health Mod challenge, farm that. If I cannot, farm GS until I do the 5-dot health mod challenge.

Regarding the cantina store, on point #14, it says to farm QGJ after getting Ahsoka. I'm assuming this is after farming ahsoka to 7*?

As a suggestion, the guide may be a bit easier to follow for a new player if it was a priority basis such as the following (may contain some mistakes, feel free to correct me):
    Pre-Level 60
    • Hard mode nodes: JC/Boba/Biggs/Ahsoka/Chewie 5*/Dooku/JKA
    • Cantina nodes: Lando 7*, 5-dot Health Mod and/or GS
    • Cantina store: Boba 7*
    • Arena store: STH 7*
    • GW store: Biggs 7* (save the rest)
    • Guild store: IGD

Post-Level 60
    • Hard mode nodes: JC/Boba/Biggs/Ahsoka/Chewie 5*/Dooku/JKA
    • Cantina nodes: Wedge 7*, TFP 7*
    • Cantina store: Ahsoka 7*, QGJ 7*
    • Arena store: Ackbar 5*, IG-88 5*
    • GW store: Biggs/Ahsoka/ Sun Fac/JC/ TFP/GS ships
    • Guild store: Sun Fac/Darth Maul
    • Fleet store: Wedge/Darth Maul/Slave 1/Other ship plans/Vader
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I would also buy CS ship plans in GW. And don't spent all 1200 before 6pm store refresh, in case the rare ones (TFP/CS) appears.

Scimitar and maybe SF in Fleetstore. Same here, always have 800 fleet tokens as a reserve.
  • Koresh
    19 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I stopped farming Ahsoka from hard nodes - she is quite easy to star with cantina shipments by themselves, instead I went farming for FOTP since that is a hard-mode only farm AND both nodes drop salvages that are always required. Same for Biggs, you'll have him at 7* by level 60 most probably and so you could probably replace this farm for a IGD at light side 7-C (drops syringes). Can't wait to finish chewie at 5*s though and have some more flexibility on hard node faring.

I didn't go for GS but went for TFP between lando 7* and 5* mods, it was a nice decision since he fits both my fleet arena (who needs target locks for biggs tanking) and my GW team better. I use a GW team with darth nihilus lead, dooku, maul or vader (depending on the nodes), emperor palpatine and TFP, between all the debuffs TFP gets so many more turns and he hits pretty hard, also is very survivable because of foresight - many times between all the stuns the enemy team never attacks at all. I use my rebels on the first node to get their turn meter going, then use this team on all other nodes. If I have a real hard node 12 this team can usually kill the main threat and my rebels will clean up. However eventually I will need to farm GS some more for the tarkin challenge. But one can get geonosian soldier shards at fleet arena, TFP is an exclusive cantina farm.

Also an update on the Darth Nihilus issue for mid-january shards - Palpatine negates very well, shock means that dooku doesn't heal himself, and doesn't get bonus turn meter from countering.

Also, one can get wedge's ship at GW too, and sun fac can be farmed at fleet store as well. For Sun Fac I believe staring him up makes much more of a difference for his ship than for the toon since he is a tank and protection scales only with gear and not with star level. For the toon gear > stars.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you for the input. So I also think one can take Biggs/Boba/Ahsoka out of hard nodes and concentrate on gear farming.
  • Options
    Koresh wrote: »
    I stopped farming Ahsoka from hard nodes - she is quite easy to star with cantina shipments by themselves, instead I went farming for FOTP since that is a hard-mode only farm AND both nodes drop salvages that are always required. Same for Biggs, you'll have him at 7* by level 60 most probably and so you could probably replace this farm for a IGD at light side 7-C (drops syringes). Can't wait to finish chewie at 5*s though and have some more flexibility on hard node faring.

Is there a good way to decide between hard nodes vs gear farm? The energy spent on hard mode nodes adds up, day to day, and the resulting tradeoff is a lot less total gear farmed if you, say, prioritize hard nodes and only spend whatever's left over on gear.

• Options
    Should I replace my 4 star jyn erso for 5 star GS?
  • Hike
    11 posts Member
    Options
    Koresh wrote: »

Is there a good way to decide between hard nodes vs gear farm? The energy spent on hard mode nodes adds up, day to day, and the resulting tradeoff is a lot less total gear farmed if you, say, prioritize hard nodes and only spend whatever's left over on gear.

It is my understanding that you should focus on gearing your arena team at the very least, and hard nodes comes second (apart from doing the daily atleast).

That's how I do it currently, but I'm only lvl 46 atm, and I could be wrong.
  • Options
    Raw, can you post a picture of your top shard teams?
    I want to know what you are facing, my shard is from late december and already has some zeta mauls.

Thanks
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Tyvokka wrote: »
    Should I replace my 4 star jyn erso for 5 star GS?
    Why don't you just try it out? I currently experiment with EP instead of other team members. Always good if you have a choice, also depends on the opponent.
    jppdb wrote: »
    Raw, can you post a picture of your top shard teams?
    I want to know what you are facing, my shard is from late december and already has some zeta mauls.

In the fist 6 places there is a Wedge lead (one is me^^), then 7+8 a Lando L, 9 EP L, 10-12 Lando L, 13 Boba L, and so on. Lando, Wedge, Boba leads rule the board. A lvl84 7* Nihilus lead made it to #16 yesterday but is #19 atm. Looks like he has no chance against even a lvl80 Wedge lead (+Chaze), who is current #1.
    41eadd357a5740c081cfa1f756649dd2.png

We have no Zaul yet.
  • IceMerlin
    37 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hey Raw,

Thank you so much for the detailed guide. I must say it has helped me a lot when I just started out. I'm currently level 61, and I have had 3 occasions where I couldn't finish my GW. Just wondering, have you ever had trouble finishing GW? If you're able to complete all of your GW, may I know how did you do it? This is my current roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/icemerlin/collection/

Side note: I'm working towards unlocking 5* EP hence I got Luke to 5* (yeah I know he's bad but he was my fastest option), and I'm working on Ackbar now (just 15 more shards) before the event ends (calculated to be left with 6 hours at the point when I get AA to 5*).
  • Options
    IceMerlin wrote: »
    Hey Raw,

Thank you so much for the detailed guide. I must say it has helped me a lot when I just started out. I'm currently level 61, and I have had 3 occasions where I couldn't finish my GW. Just wondering, have you ever had trouble finishing GW? If you're able to complete all of your GW, may I know how did you do it? This is my current roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/icemerlin/collection/

Side note: I'm working towards unlocking 5* EP hence I got Luke to 5* (yeah I know he's bad but he was my fastest option), and I'm working on Ackbar now (just 15 more shards) before the event ends (calculated to be left with 6 hours at the point when I get AA to 5*).

Once you unlock Wedge, GW gets a lot easier. His leader ability (it heals on crit damage) makes your team keep full health at almost all the time. I'm beating GW daily since I unlocked Wedge with only one team (only rotating the 5th toon, saving STH for the last 2 nodes)

@Raw With that team you have (mine is almost the same, just need more speed for STH), how far do you fall back overnight? I'm getting top 10-5 daily, but I'm falling to almost rank 20 overnight. Just wondering if that's a normal fall or if my shard is a hard one lol
  • Options

Once you unlock Wedge, GW gets a lot easier. His leader ability (it heals on crit damage) makes your team keep full health at almost all the time. I'm beating GW daily since I unlocked Wedge with only one team (only rotating the 5th toon, saving STH for the last 2 nodes)

@Raw With that team you have (mine is almost the same, just need more speed for STH), how far do you fall back overnight? I'm getting top 10-5 daily, but I'm falling to almost rank 20 overnight. Just wondering if that's a normal fall or if my shard is a hard one lol

Yeah, I know unlocking Wedge would help. But what about before unlocking him? Is it possible to have 100% completion of GW before Wedge? That's what I'm asking.
  • Options
    IceMerlin wrote: »

Yeah, I know unlocking Wedge would help. But what about before unlocking him? Is it possible to have 100% completion of GW before Wedge? That's what I'm asking.

With that roster, you will need some good RNG and some luck to not get paired up with great teams.
    The usual tips for GW:
    Retreat as much as you want. The battles will go exaclty the same way if you keep doing the same thing, that means: Retreat and keep trying to find more efficient ways to beat the battle. If you find a team that's really hard to beat, send a suicide team (with low level toons), to make them waste their special moves, or send a B-team to kill their leader or their most powerful toon.
  • Koresh
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Before Wedge I'd use a B team with bobba, lando, Royal guard and Jedi consular, and a fifth according to the team (bobba and lando were on both teams). I had one or two ocasions when I was unable to finish, and some extremely frustrating fights (like when I was level 60 and had a level 85 empire team on node 12 that took multiple attempts. Sometimes I would throw a B team with the specific purpose of killing a threat or a leader. If you have another tank such as RG it will usually work, and you'd probably want to level and gear him anyways for dark side missions. Saving StHan for the hardest nodes is the best strategy, specially before he gets protection (gear 7) since he is quite squishy for a tank.

Since we all got Darth Nihilus I haven't had any trouble finishing GW since his leader ability is so overpowered with the other siths for gw. I ran DN lead, maul, vader, dooku and TFP. Replaced vader with EP now. This team can probably make to node 12 on auto. Then rebels will clean up on node 12.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    I had multiple times that I was not able to finish GW. That was about the time when I was ~lvl76 and the enemies were lvl85. When they also have Wiggs but G10/11 lvl85, you might not really have a chance. When they appeared at node 11 it used up all my tanks and for node 12 I was too weak. Now I use Lando lead with Wiggs and SF, just until SF has full turnmeter. Then I turn Maul for his position so he also gets full turnmeter. Then I switch in Ackbar and stay with him. Once the protection is gone, I change to Wedge lead. Only when the enemy has Wiggs too, I need to use a tank, otherwise it's easy going. I also have some other chars like EP, QGJ and GS that I could use, but don't need.

One hint here, in the GW the enemy always attacks a certain position first, so if that happens to be a squishy char of yours, you can just change the positions in the team.

Usually #16 or so, worse was #23, best was #9.
  • Options
    Tried my best but wasn't able to find: why should one farm Dooku? Is he needed end-game for DS? To say the truth I didn't read most of the thread, lazy I am) What is the DS squad should look like after 49lvl when you start 5-A? First 4 stages can be done with Talia and RS + Palpatine/Sid/Vader/Phasma etc. 85lvl from allies though it's not always easy to do 3* win. But what about the 5th stage?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Tried my best but wasn't able to find: why should one farm Dooku? Is he needed end-game for DS? To say the truth I didn't read most of the thread, lazy I am) What is the DS squad should look like after 49lvl when you start 5-A? First 4 stages can be done with Talia and RS + Palpatine/Sid/Vader/Phasma etc. 85lvl from allies though it's not always easy to do 3* win. But what about the 5th stage?

You get Vader and EP for free, also in the last event Nihilus, Sith Assa and Sith Trooper. This guide also leads to Maul. There are several viable scenarios/teams with that. One is zeta Maul (also called Zaul) lead, EP, Nihilus, Sith Trooper, Sith Assassine. Dooku is another option, and until you get EP and Maul you can fill him in a ds team, together with Boba. Other later options are EP lead, or zeta Vader (Zader) lead, where you profit from Dooku.

Your DS team should then include Boba, GS and/or TFP, and maybe other DS chars you have from events (Nihilus?). How many Vader shards do you have? Around lvl 65 you will also have IG-88, Sun Fac, Maul.

• Options

You get Vader and EP for free, also in the last event Nihilus, Sith Assa and Sith Trooper. This guide also leads to Maul. There are several viable scenarios/teams with that. One is zeta Maul (also called Zaul) lead, EP, Nihilus, Sith Trooper, Sith Assassine. Dooku is another option, and until you get EP and Maul you can fill him in a ds team, together with Boba. Other later options are EP lead, or zeta Vader (Zader) lead, where you profit from Dooku.

Your DS team should then include Boba, GS and/or TFP, and maybe other DS chars you have from events (Nihilus?). How many Vader shards do you have? Around lvl 65 you will also have IG-88, Sun Fac, Maul.

I just started, 22lvl, but played long time ago (in a galaxy...). 5th stage of DS opens at 49lvl. Will I have to go there right then for gear? With what team? I remember good old days when we farmed Sid and other DS chars, don't quite remember, farmed Talia shards and all that stuff. Palpatine event in short time only and not scheduled, Nihilus event - didn't hear about it, need to lurk. Vader shards, I don't even know when there gonna be 80 of them... The question: with whom I will play DS battles stucked in my head)

Btw another question: if I got Lando on chromium should I take a break after he is 5* to farm GS to somethere 4-5* to make him some threat at arena?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options

I just started, 22lvl, but played long time ago (in a galaxy...). 5th stage of DS opens at 49lvl. Will I have to go there right then for gear? With what team? I remember good old days when we farmed Sid and other DS chars, don't quite remember, farmed Talia shards and all that stuff. Palpatine event in short time only and not scheduled, Nihilus event - didn't hear about it, need to lurk. Vader shards, I don't even know when there gonna be 80 of them... The question: with whom I will play DS battles stucked in my head)

Btw another question: if I got Lando on chromium should I take a break after he is 5* to farm GS to somethere 4-5* to make him some threat at arena?

Ah okay you are not even there. I would not worry too much about it. With Boba and a lvl85 EP it's no problem. The rest you can fill what you have. When you have used up all your ally's EPs, you need to wait some hours until they will be available again. So get some high lvl friends for this. I remember I finished it with 3 stars most of the time because EP cleans it faster than the enemy even has a turn.

GS, if you feel you need another attacker in your arena team, maybe. Otherwise no, continue with Lando.
    One guy has skipped GS totally and just went on for TFP. However you will need GS later as a pilot.

• Options

Ah okay you are not even there. I would not worry too much about it. With Boba and a lvl85 EP it's no problem. The rest you can fill what you have. When you have used up all your ally's EPs, you need to wait some hours until they will be available again. So get some high lvl friends for this. I remember I finished it with 3 stars most of the time because EP cleans it faster than the enemy even has a turn.

GS, if you feel you need another attacker in your arena team, maybe. Otherwise no, continue with Lando.
    One guy has skipped GS totally and just went on for TFP. However you will need GS later as a pilot.

Wait, what is a final arena squad once more? Lando, Wiggs, Biggs, STH and ...? QGJ? Not GS?