Am I a bad guild leader?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    As guild leader, you have the right to choose which direction to take the guild in and to enforce that direction in any way you like. Common courtesy would be to notify your members before changing in directions or the punishment for not following that direction so as long as you did that, you're not a ****.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Srsly u guys spend way too much time on his game with chat apps and notifications etc.

Swgoh is best when played for 30 mins tops while sitting on John.
    1) it's a freggin mobile game, not some high end content MMORPG like WoW

LFR/normal, and if we're being serious, heroic aren't real raids either.

• Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    Srsly u guys spend way too much time on his game with chat apps and notifications etc.

You can keep telling yourself that lol.
    At least WoW is a P2p. Pay you monthly sub and anyone with skill can progress effectively.
    No developer store to buy buckets of gold and gear.

• Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Maegor wrote: »

You can keep telling yourself that lol.

What that LFR isn't a real raid, but just a loot pinata? I'm serious. Normal too. Heroic is slightly harder, but if you aren't doing Mythic, and I mean progressing, not buying runs, then you aren't raiding either.

Which btw, with the sub token in WoW, you can effectively purchase the most difficult content.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    And to anyone comparing Line vs Discord, I would highly recommend moving to Discord. A much better experience, and this is from somebody that has used both. Discord is the Ferrari and Line is the Kia.
  • Options
    If it's true that underage players can't see chat then you cut a bunch of young people without them having any idea why they might be cut, that there was a merge, or even that there was a third party chat being utilized. I don't know if that makes you a ****, but I'd feel bad too.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Options
    If you don't run a well organized guild. Your top guild mates will move on. Which means you'll only have the ones that don't follow directions and do there own thing. You did what you had to.
  • Options
    Loyalty is a 2 way street really, if you have 25 people spending their game farming AAT toons, gear and mod sets then you have 25 that can't really be bothered, it's hardly your fault for sticking with the guys who are sacrificing their time for the team.
  • Shax
    77 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, no, maybe.
    That's what you get for asking the internet.
  • Options
    Coolmcdrew wrote: »
    I am the leader of a guild that was doing well. Heroic rancor no problem. Then the tank raid showed up and we got hammered took over a month to beat normal. Balancing came and we were doing the normal in 2-3 refreshes. We created a line chat. Only 23 people out of 50 joined we kept working but this week I came across someone on the forums here that needed to merge. I cut people who weren't in the chat or who hadn't followed directions. We merged and I'm fairly certain we will now be able to complete heroic aat. Am I a **** or is this what this game has become?

If they wanted to raid, no, you're not. I face a lot of similar issues, the worst being people I cut due to RRERREEEAAAALLLYYY dumb things they do or because they have caused so many complaints with performance. You did the hard thing, it's not ( heck it's RARELY ) the nice thing.. There's a reason why most leaders never want the job back.
  • Options

Poor John.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    Coolmcdrew wrote: »
    I am the leader of a guild that was doing well. Heroic rancor no problem. Then the tank raid showed up and we got hammered took over a month to beat normal. Balancing came and we were doing the normal in 2-3 refreshes. We created a line chat. Only 23 people out of 50 joined we kept working but this week I came across someone on the forums here that needed to merge?

Yes, you're a cruel leader for forcing them to use that horrid app called Line. :D

But seriously, good job on growing your guild.

And, yes, consider Discord. There's many in my guild that would quit the guild if we required Line; yes, they hate it that bad, including myself.

@JJBagger @ThePhantomPennis @GuyfromSyracuse @Waterdog01

I agree and believe they are evolving as a top tier guild. There are many who can be 30 minute players and some who it takes hours. It's called a hobby for some or competitive competition for others. I choose competition and support those in my guild. Being a leader you are forced with tough decisions because some have thousands tied up in the game.
    To @Coolmcdrew your making good decisions minus using Line instead of Discord. Lol