Can we get a different tie breaker than player ID for raid?

Replies

• Options
    Just had a Rancor raid and got ********* out of rewards again! Thanks EA/CG!
  • Options
    The only good thing about soloing and finishing rank 1 is the guild store credits.

Rank 1 are seemingly barred from getting full drops of anything decent. I think the best thing i have gotten lately is 12 stun cuff pieces
  • Options
    any solution should be good, different from actual implementation. Please fix it soon. always same people gets good reward
  • Options
    Come on, give us a fix already.
  • Options
    can anyone tell me that numbers are considered before or after letters? So ID starting with '4' is higher than 'A' or not? Thank you!
  • Options
    I am pretty sure it is already set to who ever is done first. If your guild ever did a 0 damage rule I saw with our guild that many players who just did the 0 damage it was all based on who participated and wrapped up their attack first in relation to where they would place.
  • Options
    exec79 wrote: »
    can anyone tell me that numbers are considered before or after letters? So ID starting with '4' is higher than 'A' or not? Thank you!

It uses ASCII codes. http://www.asciitable.com/
  • Options
    Javik wrote: »
    I am pretty sure it is already set to who ever is done first. If your guild ever did a 0 damage rule I saw with our guild that many players who just did the 0 damage it was all based on who participated and wrapped up their attack first in relation to where they would place.

This is definitely not true, and can be easily verified in game.
  • Options
    Can we get something done abour ramcor rewards? Again i dont need more than 1000 furnace salavage i would rather 2 stun cuff salvage than 40 blimmin salvage EVERY single rancor raid
  • Options
    9 almost 10 pages now and still no developer comment/acknowledgement?

What's the deal? This is clearly an issue with so many views and comments.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Dath_Raki
    46 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Solo'd raid and got 4th today out of 4 soloers...awesome...Please fix ASAP as this will happen every raid since it's based on player ID.

2u6fl8k.jpg
  • Options
    We have toyed with having people who plan to attempt the solo go into p1 with 1 toon prior to the FFA. This does a bit of damage and reduces the possible scores of some, but at least it mixes it up for the 10.3M damage club.
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Our sub guild has 6 players that can solo. My player ID starts with 2 so I will finish #1 among the soloists.

Found myself starting in P2 to give the next guy a go at #1.

Oddly enough, the Rancor actually hit me a couple of times starting in P2 whereas if starting fresh from the beginning, the Rancor never gets close. I can't solo it either because the dumb AI uses specials at inopportune times.

Come on guys, fix this thing. Surely it isn't hard to randomise a place among equal scorers.
  • Options
    Hmm..
    I have a job... a real life job. So, I shouldn't be able to get top tier because jacob livesinhismomsbasement scored first?
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hmm..
    I have a job... a real life job. So, I shouldn't be able to get top tier because jacob livesinhismomsbasement scored first?

Pfft! I'm a well-paid professional with two kids and several recreational pursuits who happens to come first in this raid solely because of my ID number.

So what's your point?

Unlike tournaments, an abundance of time has absolutely nothing at all to do with this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Hmm..

Pfft! I'm a well-paid professional with two kids and several recreational pursuits who happens to come first in this raid solely because of my ID number.

So what's your point?

Unlike tournaments, an abundance of time has absolutely nothing at all to do with this.

He is referring to the proposed solution of who finishes first should get #1.
  • Options
    Randomizing rewards and time stamping are both bad plans. Too many things could go wrong, and it's way to complicated. Making it so that any player who achieves the max score get's Tier 1 rewards is an easy and simple fix. And since you can that, you could also just make it so that any player who logs a 0 get's Tier 50 rewards. Fill out the rest, and you're done.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • AndyCola
    20 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    about 2 weeks and nothing done. about 6 rancor raid outside of top5-10 with bad reward...

the sort is don in the following way: 0..9, A..Z, a..z
  • Options
    Don't let this get buried. Please fix this devs!
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    i'm the "lucky one" in my guild to have the "better" ID

so I keep getting the cursed rank 1 rewards.

But if I don't solo, I'll be way down the list.

This is so annoying. I want rank 2-3 rewards lol.
  • Options

I don't think you will receive significant sympathy for your rank 1 rewards :)
  • Options
    I had the lowest player id but didnt finish first (3rd)
    - someone hit the captain during 0 dmg period but we all had the same damage
    - i finished raid about 10 minutes after everyone else

Not sure if changes were made or the above factors influenced the result

• Options
    DarthScott wrote: »

I don't think you will receive significant sympathy for your rank 1 rewards :)

roflmao I know. It's better then being way down. Just saying, rank 1 rewards, as we all know, are cursed.
    Some would love to get 1st once and a while too.

In any case, I hope they read this and find a solution that's adequate for both players and themselves

• Options
    It does not sort by player ID or name
  • Options
    I'll check today but they wouldn't have changed it without an update
  • Options
    The lack of response to this completely reasonable thread is frustrating.

In EA quest to make sure that raid rewards are frustrating and making guild members compete against each other, they made a system where there could never be a tie. Their tie breaker is a player ID, which essentially is a completely arbitrary but consistent. Which means that regardless of your contribution to the raid, you will receive rewards based on your player ID (eventually).

Would someone please just recognize this was not as intended and say "we are working on it"?
  • Options
    ^
  • DarthScott
    292 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    No changes were made to ordering. Just did it again and the same people were in the exact same ordering.
  • Options
    I would really like to hear a comment from one of the dev since it appears to be a valid topic. More and more players will basically score even results and so things will become worse if nothing happens. Please give us some reaction. Thanks
  • Options
    I Solo'd Rancor Raid - Got 11th - Fix this Now!

To solo the Heroic Rancor raid is no big deal and has been possible for a looooong time. My guild just finished a Heroic Rancor Raid, I solo'd the raid quickly. I finished 11th because my Player ID starts with a z.

Yes, there's another thread on this topic but I couldn't locate it quickly. With the dozens and dozens of posts in it and the duration of time that thread was on the first page, it is an outrage that the powers that be never acknowledged it. Why are we getting ripped off?

As far as the quality of life fixes, maybe this should move up the priority list?! Or are we going to have to wade through terrible excuses and wait for a year+ just like Teebo?

If people have a score greater than zero, the rewards should be the exact same.