Can we get a different tie breaker than player ID for raid?

Replies

• Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    I Solo'd Rancor Raid - Got 11th - Fix this Now!

I solo'd the raid quickly. I finished 11th because my Player ID starts with a z.

My id starts with _. Sucks to be me?
  • Options
    Naw wrote: »
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    I Solo'd Rancor Raid - Got 11th - Fix this Now!

I solo'd the raid quickly. I finished 11th because my Player ID starts with a z.

My id starts with _. Sucks to be me?

Me too.

The ASCII code places is after lowercases but before uppercase. About 2/3 through.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Any comments from devs? It's already a huge problem.
  • Options
    10 Pages of Comments and nothing from Developers. :/
  • Options
    Having just reached this milestone myself and watched my ranking fall from 3rd to 5th as more guildmates posted their complete scores, I'll happily add my voice to the chorus asking for this improvement. Even a pure RNG ranking would be better, and possibly even the most fair option. We know how much you guys love your RNG!
  • Options
    Having just reached this milestone myself and watched my ranking fall from 3rd to 5th as more guildmates posted their complete scores, I'll happily add my voice to the chorus asking for this improvement. Even a pure RNG ranking would be better, and possibly even the most fair option. We know how much you guys love your RNG!

Anything would be better than what it is now. More and more guilds are beginning to have this problem. Hoepfully with this post getting moved to Feedback they are aware of it and doing something about it.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    ya, this is a huge issue for those with bad player IDs
  • Options
    kinda sad we have not heard one peep

not even a "hey, we acknowledge the complaint"
  • Options
    I'm litteraly dying to see a dev's response to this matter.... my guild is growing a BIG number of soloists, and this player ID system is causing a lot of fights among us...this really can't keep going, i can't even imagine how being in a guild with 20 or more soloists must be like...
  • Options
    We have more than 10 player who finish ranchor raid with Zader team! I was always the last of them! My player id is starts in "y". I think is very UNFAIR. This is not depends on the rng, just the player id!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yep, big thread about this already.

Have to work it out in guild until they fix it.
  • Options
    A. This has been brought up a million times.
    B. Life's not fair, homie!
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    I too like a side of ranchor with my pizza
  • Options
    My player ID starts with z so I am even worse off.
    I solo'd Rancor 2 days ago and finished 11th!
    Total Rip Off!
    A thread with over 10 pages of posts and not a single response from DEVs.
    All this talk about Quality of Life and we continue to get ripped off.
  • Options
    It doesnt appear to be playerid based anymore. Finished 3rd in 2 out of the past 3 raids despite having the best player id
  • Options
    It doesnt appear to be playerid based anymore. Finished 3rd in 2 out of the past 3 raids despite having the best player id

It definitely has not changed as of yesterday. It is still player id based. Note that ally code and player id are two different things. I am guessing you are looking at ally code.
  • Bomroll
    399 posts Member
    Options
    Any fix coming?
  • Options
    do it
  • Options
    This needs to be sorted.
  • Options
    just let us do overkill on the boss and this will at least change the rankings
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Ironic, because this would have been a perfect QOL update.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    This has been flagged for review, but whether its an actual bug or not has become a topic of debate. Nevertheless, seeing as this is a trending issue, we'll definitely be investigating this further. Thanks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    This has been flagged for review, but whether its an actual bug or not has become a topic of debate. Nevertheless, seeing as this is a trending issue, we'll definitely be investigating this further. Thanks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah when someone can solo the entire raid, place 11th, get entirely useless rewards and far less salvage than the person who got 1st, you know there has to be a problem.

This is speaking from experience when I got my first ever solo last week...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Hiya!

Not a bug, but a flawed system that needs to be relooked at. Guessing when it was first done it was assumed everyone would attack and everyone would have different scores. Now we have multiple people that get zeros and multiple that solo.
  • DocsBoy
    120 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hiya!

You can't be serious that screwing people who have a high player ID is wai.. how can there even be debate over wether it is a bug. I can't imagine someone would put in the requirements : if players tie, payout rewards based on player ID so some players in a guild are always disadvantaged over other players...

Thank you for not just writing it off as WAI. Will wait for a smart decision on this.
  • Options
    Tie breaker should be based on gear donations
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks, seeing over 10 people solo a raid with the same 3 people always getting first is very frustrating......

Than again so is scoring 4-5 million in rancor and not getting top ten.....
  • Options
    +1