Can we get a different tie breaker than player ID for raid?

Replies

• DarthScott
    292 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    Bomroll wrote: »
    Honestly is not changing p4 so he is immune to TM effects a decent and (hopefully} easy solution?
    Amish_Ace wrote: »
    Honestly is not changing p4 so he is immune to TM effects a decent and (hopefully} easy solution?

That or make P4 like Phase 1 of the AAT, after so many hits he gains 100% TM. Anyone can copy and paste some code...even CG.

I would hate this. No one wants the rancor to be harder (unless they add another tier), and most just want to get it over with so they can play the lotto with rewards. Making it harder to solo is a horrible idea, especially since it's catered towards lvl 80 accounts anyways, which would make it darn near impossible for them to complete.

Just change the reward structure so that a tie for 1st, and 1st alone, grants everyone in that tie the same 1st place prize box. It's simple programming.

100% Agree. I love some of the complex solutions that would improve loot distribution overall, but this is the simple, easy solution that solves the problem.
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »

That or make P4 like Phase 1 of the AAT, after so many hits he gains 100% TM. Anyone can copy and paste some code...even CG.

I would hate this. No one wants the rancor to be harder (unless they add another tier), and most just want to get it over with so they can play the lotto with rewards. Making it harder to solo is a horrible idea, especially since it's catered towards lvl 80 accounts anyways, which would make it darn near impossible for them to complete.

Just change the reward structure so that a tie for 1st, and 1st alone, grants everyone in that tie the same 1st place prize box. It's simple programming.

can we all get a rank 2 reward instead?
    to avoid the rank 1 curse lol
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the reason they will never give everyone who solos the raid rank 1 rewards is because of the potential for the other 49 to get rank 2 rewards just by posting a zero score.

Because of this, we will never see shared number 1 rewards. Better start hoping other methods are implemented...many are cited already.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    danrussoa wrote: »
    DarthScott wrote: »
    [quote="danrussoa;848892
    Darthbinks wrote: »
    This affects less than 1% of the player base... Highly doubt it's on the devs priority list.

If this 1% are the top spending players, it should be in their priority list

That is wrong. There are F2P Players and Light Spenders in my guild who can solo it. So, it screws them, who would benefit more than the 1%. All the toons that are used to solo the Pit raid are farmable. I always love how it always comes back to spenders. Maybe you didn't farm the right toons or haven't played long enough.

Also, it is about compeition in this game still. A little trash talk among guild mates on who finished first. If you have played since launch, the game gets very stale.

• Options
    TesVevec wrote: »
    +1 this request.
    I think everyone above x amount of damage should get the same reward box regardless of ranking, so members of a guild wont need to compete with each other for better prizes! But still everyone would benefit if they contribute more

For example
    <100k dmg - blue box
    100k-500k dmg - moderate chance purple box
    500k-1.5M dmg - good chance purple box
    1.5M+ dmg - great chance box, 2-4 different amounts of credits with every ~300k more dmg
    3M+ dmg - best chance (red + golden box) 2-4 different amounts of credits with every ~500k more dmg
    6M+ dmg - 2x best chance with different amounts of credits or + golden boxes with every ~1M more dmg
    +1

This is a super simple system to implement, it pushes guild members to improve their teams (fun for us, money for EA), it scales transparently with the power of the guild, and it is guild-friendly. There would still be competition between guilds but less so within guilds and there would be more of an incentive for guild members to help each other improve so guilds would improve faster. It also fits in with the design of many parts of the game - improve your team, move onto the next rewards tier.

I would love tiered rewards like this, but I doubt it happens. It is significantly more work than having a line of code that says if (damageOutput = damageOutputOfPersonInFirstPlace) then give 1st place rewards. :)

Because coding a case statement is hard?
  • Options
    So everyone already saw at least one post about it. Just wanted to give a doable solution for devs and in my opinion it's the most fair solution.

So let's say there's a tie for the 1st and 2nd places. Both players should get 1st place rewards, 3rd place should still get 3rd place rewards. It something like this:

1.player x
    1.player y
    3.player z
    And so on and so on..

Other methods like whoever post first will cause a lot of problems, because most guilds have a turn-in time and as of right now, whoever clears a phase/solo the entire thing give the others some extra time to use all or most of their 7* characters. If it will be whoever post first people won't be so nice anymore..

So yes, ea/cg you'll have to give us better rewards.. but honestly, I think we deserve it. My guild just had 6 way tie for the first place. Why would someone who cleared the whole thing should get 6th place rewards? He got the best results possible..

If anyone has a better solution I would love to hear!
    May the force be with you ;)
  • Options
    This needs to get changed soon!
    More and more guilds are being affected by this.
    Not cool to get 8th place while doing something many guilds can't even do with ALL THEIR PLAYERS!!
  • Options
    Use timestamps instead of player id. Two people solo H Rancor - first one to finish gets first. Easy.

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • Options
    RebelBass wrote: »
    Use timestamps instead of player id. Two people solo H Rancor - first one to finish gets first. Easy.

If that was the situation then people would just start earlier (if the established time is 1 pm people would start beforehand) and end when they feel they have given people a decent enough time to start.
    This is the inherent problem with CG releasing a bunch of money toons specifically for the purpose of destroying the raid.
  • Platzman
    284 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yes, this would only result in dmg posting competition - who posts first but not before allowed posting time (most guilds have 0 dmg period).

Simplest option is - true RNG between same scores (=full clear buys you lottery ticket). At least you will get a chance ...

Best for players would be giving 1st rewards for every full clear, but I would not expect this...
  • Options
    The same works with guild challenges.. we got like 4 right now with 36 gw wins and the 5th guy has 34.

So it's 4x Rank 1 and the next hast rank 5.

I'd really like it to be that way in raids, too. Just for the sake of it, if an entire guild can each solo the rancor, then just give them all the best reward for the effort. Why not, would at least motivate to farm those toons even more
  • Options
    I don't know about that, they probably don't want someone to solo the raid and then give everyone else second place
  • Options
    Or maybe we could just give everyone with the same score the same rewards since the gear crunch is massive and the prize boxes are all rng anyway?
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    I don't know about that, they probably don't want someone to solo the raid and then give everyone else second place

Well for the sake of it, assume you have 10 Members. 9 can solo it, last one just does some dmg.

So you'd get 9x Rank 1 with ~10M damage and 1x Rank 10 with whatever

So everyone doing the max score shares the first place and the next guys just get whatever rank they had in order, just like they do it with guild challenges
  • Options
    No, they should definitely not all share first place. A true RNG is probably the best way to handle this
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Options

Temoni_1 wrote: »
    So everyone already saw at least one post about it. Just wanted to give a doable solution for devs and in my opinion it's the most fair solution.

So let's say there's a tie for the 1st and 2nd places. Both players should get 1st place rewards, 3rd place should still get 3rd place rewards. It something like this:

1.player x
    1.player y
    3.player z
    And so on and so on..

Other methods like whoever post first will cause a lot of problems, because most guilds have a turn-in time and as of right now, whoever clears a phase/solo the entire thing give the others some extra time to use all or most of their 7* characters. If it will be whoever post first people won't be so nice anymore..

So yes, ea/cg you'll have to give us better rewards.. but honestly, I think we deserve it. My guild just had 6 way tie for the first place. Why would someone who cleared the whole thing should get 6th place rewards? He got the best results possible..

If anyone has a better solution I would love to hear!
    May the force be with you ;)

Only thing that needs to be added is 0s automatically get 50. Otherwise everyone logs 0, 1 person solos, whole guild gets 2nd place.

Also need to implement this only for 1st place. Otherwise,one person "solo" trying to leave as little heath left as possible, then everyone logs in after they are done and would be a massive tie for 2nd (of they can all clear remaining damage)
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    TesVevec wrote: »
    +1 this request.
    I think everyone above x amount of damage should get the same reward box regardless of ranking, so members of a guild wont need to compete with each other for better prizes! But still everyone would benefit if they contribute more

For example
    <100k dmg - blue box
    100k-500k dmg - moderate chance purple box
    500k-1.5M dmg - good chance purple box
    1.5M+ dmg - great chance box, 2-4 different amounts of credits with every ~300k more dmg
    3M+ dmg - best chance (red + golden box) 2-4 different amounts of credits with every ~500k more dmg
    6M+ dmg - 2x best chance with different amounts of credits or + golden boxes with every ~1M more dmg
    +1

This is a super simple system to implement, it pushes guild members to improve their teams (fun for us, money for EA), it scales transparently with the power of the guild, and it is guild-friendly. There would still be competition between guilds but less so within guilds and there would be more of an incentive for guild members to help each other improve so guilds would improve faster. It also fits in with the design of many parts of the game - improve your team, move onto the next rewards tier.

I would love tiered rewards like this, but I doubt it happens. It is significantly more work than having a line of code that says if (damageOutput = damageOutputOfPersonInFirstPlace) then give 1st place rewards. :)

Because coding a case statement is hard?

No because they would have to update the page that lists out the rewards and give more explanation on what is needed, figure out the damage thresholds etc etc. It involves UI design, data analysis etc etc, and then some simple code changes. Just giving out rank 1 rewards to everyone that solo's is significantly less work overall for the organization as a whole, not just a single software engineer. Plus, they have shown no desire to have tiered rewards anywhere in the game.

• Options
    Please don't let this thread get buried again. For most established guilds this is becoming a real issue.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    Sorry I don't agree. The whole reward system needs and overall imo not just this tie situation. It promotes discord within a guild and in fighting (not the same as in competition). Someone her suggested a tiered structure based on total damage dealt. Wouldn't that be a better solution?
  • Options
    I would think it would be easy enough to code giving first place rewards to all those that can solo-- at least as a bandaid until a better structured system can be worked out.

The main think I would like is some communication from the devs or anyone at EA, to let the community know whether this issue is even being looked at or recognized.

Maybe an acknowledgment in the next quality of life updates post perhaps?
  • Options
    I would think it would be easy enough to code giving first place rewards to all those that can solo-- at least as a bandaid until a better structured system can be worked out.

The main think I would like is some communication from the devs or anyone at EA, to let the community know whether this issue is even being looked at or recognized.

Maybe an acknowledgment in the next quality of life updates post perhaps?

Lack of communication on this almost definitely means we should not expect a fix soon.
  • Options
    This is a REAL ISSUE and something must be done.

In the limit just random the ranking position of the guys with the same score in the end of the reward process but solve this QUICK.

Its totaly unfair to have a "standart" and "fixed" variable to decide the draws because this means always the same result.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the reason they will never give everyone who solos the raid rank 1 rewards is because of the potential for the other 49 to get rank 2 rewards just by posting a zero score.

Because of this, we will never see shared number 1 rewards. Better start hoping other methods are implemented...many are cited already.
    As others have posted, If score does not equal zero then they should get the same rewards. The rule could even be applied just for solos.

Why can't EA/CG actually give us some feedback on this? Replying elsewhere about future characters but can't address problems that are in the game currently?

• AnonymousMeh
    357 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It seems likely that they wouldn't want everyone who ties for first to get the same rewards because it would dramatically increase the rate in which a larger portion of the player base acquires raid gear. I'm not against giving all players who solo first place rewards, I just don't think it will happen.

I think the solution @AceCV suggested would be best (to randomize placement in the event of a tie). RNG can be a pain but at least that way the same person wouldn't always get the same rewards. This seems like a reasonable & hopefully easy fix. Anyone agree (or disagree)?

Edit: realized that this idea was mentioned previously & updated accordingly.
    Post edited by AnonymousMeh on
  • Options
    It seems likely that they wouldn't want everyone who ties for first to get the same rewards because it would dramatically increase the rate in which a larger portion of the player base acquires raid gear. I'm not against giving all players who solo first place rewards, I just don't think it will happen.

I think another solution could be to randomize placement in the event of a tie. RNG can be a pain but at least that way the same person wouldn't always get the same rewards. This seems like a reasonable & hopefully easy fix. Anyone agree (or disagree)?

I didn't completely think that through. But to expand on my idea, they could assign a hidden number between 1 & 100,000 after you finish your first battle each raid. When people start getting the same score, that hidden number would be used to determine rewards.
  • Agi
    65 posts Member
    Options
    I think they should simply give same reward to same score. Period! anything else is not fair.
  • Options
    Imagine solo'ing raid and getting reward 50.

Fun!

Let's go devs fix this.

Then again... we still can't use daily ticket counters.... as that is still bugged :/

Not very hopeful to say the least
  • Options
    Agi wrote: »
    I think they should simply give same reward to same score. Period! anything else is not fair.

Yes, getting more raid gear would be nice. I just think it would lessen the need to spend crystals on raid gear, which would likely result in a drop in revenue. It is ultimately their decision & implementing your suggestion takes nothing away from me. I'm just trying to be realistic with my expectations.

I can see the argument that you put in equal effort or damage & agree to a point. The "fair" solution may not be in the best interests for everyone involved though & sometimes you just have to find some middle ground.

It seems likely they would need to reduce the amount of gear rewarded and/or the chance for fully crafted pieces to account for more players getting top tier rewards if they did give the same reward for the same score. I have no idea what the drop rates/quantities are or how they would need to be adjusted to mitigate the raid gear output, but would that be preferable to the randomization solution? Or are you not willing to budge on your stance of everyone receiving full rewards?
  • Options

Yes, getting more raid gear would be nice. I just think it would lessen the need to spend crystals on raid gear, which would likely result in a drop in revenue. It is ultimately their decision & implementing your suggestion takes nothing away from me. I'm just trying to be realistic with my expectations.

I can see the argument that you put in equal effort or damage & agree to a point. The "fair" solution may not be in the best interests for everyone involved though & sometimes you just have to find some middle ground.

It seems likely they would need to reduce the amount of gear rewarded and/or the chance for fully crafted pieces to account for more players getting top tier rewards if they did give the same reward for the same score. I have no idea what the drop rates/quantities are or how they would need to be adjusted to mitigate the raid gear output, but would that be preferable to the randomization solution? Or are you not willing to budge on your stance of everyone receiving full rewards?

They shouldn't be penalizing players for making progress though. That's a terrible policy. EA released expensive toons (like Jyn), knowing full well it would make the Rancor easy to solo.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

They shouldn't be penalizing players for making progress though. That's a terrible policy. EA released expensive toons (like Jyn), knowing full well it would make the Rancor easy to solo.

I don't think of it as penalizing the player (although it does in a sense). There is a set number of players able to receive rewards at each prize tier. When there is a tie, a tiebreaker comes into play. Not everyone can be #1 :p

I hope I'm not pushing too hard on my stance. I'm just wanting to be reasonable with my expectations here. They did just increase the amount of gear in challenges though, so the "same score, same reward" change is possible too. Anyways, I hope this turns out in a way that everyone can be happy with.