The Galactic Sith Players Discussion

Replies

• Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Options
    2epk17l.jpg

Finally took the leap and Zeta'd Maul. Trooper is pretty much guarenteed to taunt as Palp goes first with his special. Seems like a lot of fun just now.

I've also a Gear X Savage Opress that can be thrown into the squad.
  • Options
    Ok got Zaul up and running having a lot of fun with it. I splurged and got SA to 6 star only Gear 9 as of
    Now. What do I want to do is the question. @Durrun how's your SA long in your squad right now.

This is what I have to work with
    Zaul G11
    EmpG11
    VaderG10
    ZidiousG10
    6* SA G9
    DookuG9
    SavageG9

Been playing around with a few different combos and it seems like on my shard I need a Taunt or A Dispell or both but my Baze is only 5*. all sith teams seems get crushed once I start fighting teams in the top 15. Thinking I best bet would be Zaul SA Zid Emp and no idea who my 5th should be. Also struggling on how
    To set speed and turn order up to make the mod of SA's dark shroud.

Who else is running SA sucessufuly In a sith team? And how do you have it set up?
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    @TrevorTheWookie hey bud, I agree with your assessment that you need taunt and dispel, I'm personally using a 4* gear 9 Baze and holding 3-7 overnight. I run Zaul Emp SA and Savage

The turn order at the start really is going to come down to RNG. Since all your sith will be at 100% after SA goes. I'm running SA as fast as I can make her with savage as my second fastest. Reason being I want him going faster to cleanse my sith faster... Baze dosent need to do much. If he dispels once he's done his job lol.

SA is a key price of sith and IMO the 3rd best sith
    Emp
    Maul
    SA

She's survivable and surprisingly damaging, I run one crit dmg triangle and she often hits 12-15k specials
    Sid is a really good character with a strong opening but I find him infinitely better on a Zader team as opposed to maul leader. I just personally think there's better options myself but to each their own
  • Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    @TrevorTheWookie hey bud, I agree with your assessment that you need taunt and dispel, I'm personally using a 4* gear 9 Baze and holding 3-7 overnight. I run Zaul Emp SA and Savage

The turn order at the start really is going to come down to RNG. Since all your sith will be at 100% after SA goes. I'm running SA as fast as I can make her with savage as my second fastest. Reason being I want him going faster to cleanse my sith faster... Baze dosent need to do much. If he dispels once he's done his job lol.

SA is a key price of sith and IMO the 3rd best sith
    Emp
    Maul
    SA

She's survivable and surprisingly damaging, I run one crit dmg triangle and she often hits 12-15k specials
    Sid is a really good character with a strong opening but I find him infinitely better on a Zader team as opposed to maul leader. I just personally think there's better options myself but to each their own

Talk to me about Savage and what he brings to the team for you. Been wanting to use him forever. Is he viable before Zeta? Might have to stick with Palp for a little longer before I have Savage Zetaed also how's
    Is Savage modded Health Speed? Another question have you played around with Dooku In That team at all?
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    I've not personally played with dooku but I've heard he's better if you're using nihilus to add extra control factor. Before zeta savage is for cleansing allied stuns etc and finishing off toons.
    He also has a killer one two punch combo for SA after she specials he can often kill through full protection. He is exceptionally weak to enemy boba fett though especially at zeta... that said I've won a full arena battle with him as the ONLY character I put in my squad.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    He's got 10k crits and goes very frequently cause if he diodges he gets 20% tm and if he dosent get gets 30%.. huge crits and hard to kill without zeta even.. with he's weak to boba and wiggs but not much else.
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Options
    I decided to go zader instead of zaul,is palp necessary for a zader team?
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    Options
    I've not personally played with dooku but I've heard he's better if you're using nihilus to add extra control factor. Before zeta savage is for cleansing allied stuns etc and finishing off toons.
    He also has a killer one two punch combo for SA after she specials he can often kill through full protection. He is exceptionally weak to enemy boba fett though especially at zeta... that said I've won a full arena battle with him as the ONLY character I put in my squad.

Is SO weak VS. Boba because he cleanses Ability block and can't use Overpower for a turn or two, or is there something else I'm missing?

• Reptile
    114 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sorry if this has been discussed but there are a lot of pages to read through. What would I want to use as a healer for a mostly sith team? Right now I am using DN as leader which offers really nice healing, especially for the trooper and dooku who get so many counter attacks and heal up. But, I feel like there are probably better leaders. Problem is, how do I heal if I use a different leader?
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    What level are you @Reptile?
    In the higher level arenas healers start to become less neccesary. Also who are you currently using on your squad?

Possible options I'd suggest if you have them are
    Chirrut
    Barris
    Or if you're level 65 or so old daka is still relevant.
  • Reptile
    114 posts Member
    Options
    I am level 55, using DN as leader, Dooku, Vader, Trooper, and Maul. Works good for my level, but I am starting to plan long term. I do have the Assassin, but not sure if she should be in the team or not. Maul, still does well against Jedi and Dooku just does a ton of work with constant attacks, I can't see getting rid of him.
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    Options
    Does anybody have a geared/useful Asajj? If so, has anybody tried her on their Sith squad? I'm thinking she might be a good sleeper-pick for a Zaul team.

I finally got my Zaul yesterday and have been playing around with my fifth. I'm running Zaul, EP, Vader, 3* g8 SA, plus SF/B2/TFP so far. Also tried ShT and RG, but not impressed by them. My Boba and Kylo are only G9, otherwise I'd play around with them too.

The opening barrage is quite nice, but I'm having trouble with some autotaunters and looking for advice. I think AV might be a decent, overlooked fifth toon. While it's true she'll never be fast enough to dispel before all my Sith take their turns, having an aoe dispel could be great, and her ability to stun fits well with the team. She has enough health + protection to soak up some damage as well. I'm mainly concerned that the job I want her to fill is done better by b2, so I wanted to see if anybody has tried her or not.

Also, I realize it might be best to just go ahead and level/gear Nihilus for he dispel on his basic and going full Sith, but I feel like that's a long grind since I'm focusing on SA first.
  • Options
    I am so glad we have a thread for this, I am running a G10 Palp, G9 Vader, G10 Maul, G10 Boba, and a G9 3* Sith Trooper. So far I love it, I put all of my speed on Boba so he could ability block first. The long term goal is to zeta maul but I am still a ways from that. Currently working on DS ships.
  • Options
    @Dwinkelm I probably have one of the most tricked out ventress in the whole community, Gl 11 and zeta unique. She is better than b2 in every way imo. But if you hoping to use her vs any team that has more than 1 insta taunt you will find that she will be to slow at the start. I was using her until a few maul, zqgj, and even fo test started popping up and her usefulness dropped quickly.
  • RyanRen
    994 posts Member
    Options
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    @Dwinkelm I probably have one of the most tricked out ventress in the whole community, Gl 11 and zeta unique. She is better than b2 in every way imo. But if you hoping to use her vs any team that has more than 1 insta taunt you will find that she will be to slow at the start. I was using her until a few maul, zqgj, and even fo test started popping up and her usefulness dropped quickly.

You would have to make her the leader to make her fast enough to go first, and this kills most of the Sith synergy.
  • Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Does anybody have a geared/useful Asajj? If so, has anybody tried her on their Sith squad? I'm thinking she might be a good sleeper-pick for a Zaul team.

I finally got my Zaul yesterday and have been playing around with my fifth. I'm running Zaul, EP, Vader, 3* g8 SA, plus SF/B2/TFP so far. Also tried ShT and RG, but not impressed by them. My Boba and Kylo are only G9, otherwise I'd play around with them too.

The opening barrage is quite nice, but I'm having trouble with some autotaunters and looking for advice. I think AV might be a decent, overlooked fifth toon. While it's true she'll never be fast enough to dispel before all my Sith take their turns, having an aoe dispel could be great, and her ability to stun fits well with the team. She has enough health + protection to soak up some damage as well. I'm mainly concerned that the job I want her to fill is done better by b2, so I wanted to see if anybody has tried her or not.

Also, I realize it might be best to just go ahead and level/gear Nihilus for he dispel on his basic and going full Sith, but I feel like that's a long grind since I'm focusing on SA first.

You'll have to let us know. Hon
    RyanRen wrote: »
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »

You would have to make her the leader to make her fast enough to go first, and this kills most of the Sith synergy.

That and if your server has a lot of Maul squads you'll have 3 to 4 opposing characters with the stealth buff in-addition to any tanks like Shore or Baze, so she'll be very slow at the start in those situations.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Hey gents, put a zeta on my nihilis unique today, pretty fun so far
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    Hey gents, put a zeta on my nihilis unique today, pretty fun so far

That will be my next zeta
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    It's nice for sa cause she nukes hp more through prot. Took gk to under savage smash range with it
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know wether to Zeta Sid or Savage next since I've done Maul or just horde the Zeta and see what else pops up in the next few weeks. I'm 7/20 right now.
  • Options
    Hey guys. So, I'm in the Sith wagon! Running Maul (zeta), Palpatine, Nihilus, B2 and Kenobi. Kenobi and B2 are G10 as of now, planning to upgrade Kenobi go G11.

I'm wondering how to avoid/reduce the RNG factor when facing other Maul-lead teams. Anyone experimented with, or used any Accuracy mods with success? I mean, they are supposed to balance the dodge stuff when facing dodge teams.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    I'm trying to run a zMaul led team, g11 maul, Vader, dooku, g10 palp and changing my last spot to find something that works. GK and Kylo are a little
    Ways off. Would yoda work well g11? Any advice would help, thanks.

Got a g9 Sid close to 10
    G11 boba
    G11 Anakin

Oh, I'm a couple weeks away from 2nd zeta also.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Hey gents welcome to the party :)
    @Ronaldo I think the speed loss is too great a loss to replace with accuracy personally. You might want to swap in B2 if it's becoming a big issue. The evasion down and buff immune ruins a bunch of sith squads.

@Reddstorm I'd reccomend Baze if you can get him or boba with massive speed is decent

For all of you gentlemen I can't reccomend highly enough that sith assassin is a powerhouse and a core sith. Viable at 4* and high gear she just brings so much to any sith squad.
  • Options
    So if you can pick just one to gear out of ST, SA, and Nihilus, you'd suggest SA?

I don't have baze or shoretrooper yet :(
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Easily SA is the best of the new sith

Imo the best sith for a maul squad are
    Maul
    SA
    Emp
    Savage
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    I want to switch to a sith team but my shard is full of wiggs teams, is it possible without a zmaul? Here's what I've got to work with...

https://swgoh.gg/u/drax77/collection/
  • Options
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    I want to switch to a sith team but my shard is full of wiggs teams, is it possible without a zmaul? Here's what I've got to work with...

Your shoretrooper could stand more gear, but I think you are ready. Have you put a zeta on anyone yet? You could run Zaul, Vader, Palp, Savage, and Shoretrooper. Zeta Savage would be good too.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    RyanRen wrote: »
    Drax_77 wrote: »

Your shoretrooper could stand more gear, but I think you are ready. Have you put a zeta on anyone yet? You could run Zaul, Vader, Palp, Savage, and Shoretrooper. Zeta Savage would be good too.

Nope no zeta yet, I'm probably about 2 weeks out on it. Actually tried DN, EP, DV, Maul and Savage today against a rebel squad and it was ugly to say the least. Not to mention I don't have good mods yet so I think until I zeta maul it feels like a lost cause. Thanks for the input!
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    I actually think Sith trooper is so under rated.

SA is beast but I run zaul with trooper over assasin as I already have a pretty fast team that will go first and lock the team one whole turn anyways at the least.

Once trooper is up and constantly putting taunt up and soaking damage with 87k health good luck trying to take him down
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Hey guys, so finally gave in and geared up sith trooper. He's soooo tanky, the defense increase has him taking a fraction of the damage other tanks do