The Galactic Sith Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    My team will be Zaul (L), EP, Nihilus w/ zeta unique, Baze, GK.

I already have the mats/gear for Nihilus so that won't be a problem.
    I'd like to try Nihilus as lead, but unfortunately I'm too invested in critical damage mods. All of my high speed secondary mods stem from that category.

Or I might run Zyn (L), Chaze, GK, and Nihilus. I don't know yet. I'll have to play around with it at first.
  • Options

I'd like to try Nihilus as lead, but unfortunately I'm too invested in critical damage mods. All of my high speed secondary mods stem from that category.

Or I might run Zyn (L), Chaze, GK, and Nihilus. I don't know yet. I'll have to play around with it at first.

Why would you play Nihilus with Jyn?
  • Options

On paper, Nihilus looks to be the best support character in the game. Nihilus doesn't require a Sith team. Not one of his abilities relies on Sith faction toons. Except for his leader ability, but that becomes obsolete because he won't be the leader. Jyn w/ zeta will be lead.

Why pair him with Zyn? Chaze is very difficult to defeat with the leadership bonus. Also GK is in the lineup. In other words, Nihilus won't be touched. On top of that Nihilus will have close to 80k hp+protection. I'm sure he'll be able to land a couple annihilates before I win the match. His basic dispel is just a nice bonus...

But again, this is my second team I will try. I'm really excited about Zaul, Baze, GK, EP, and Nihilus.
  • Options
    thinking that sidius under zaul will be bad option against a rex team or at least on defense...
    starting with his demoralizing blow he will crit x 5... giving free 75% tm to clone enemies and 37.5% tm to non-clones.
    with that, rex's teams will go before any (i guess) zaul team :open_mouth:
    rex will dispel those sweet 3xDoTs + Expose, plus whatever the other members can do :neutral:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Options
    I am currently running EP, Vader, SO, Dooku, and Lando in arena. It does pretty good. My other sith is Sid. I found that I lost too much overnight with all Sith. Lando brings the extra punch. I don't have the other Sith (Nihilus, Trooper, Assasin) up high enough at this time, and I don't have Maul unlocked. But I love running this squad.

I do run the full Sith squad in GW and can almost do the whole thing with just this squad. Looking forward to the next Emporer event next month so I can get EP to 7*. Should have enough Zeta by next week to have to make a choice where to put it.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick!" Theodore Roosevelt. "You know that's right!" Rey
  • Options

On paper, Nihilus looks to be the best support character in the game. Nihilus doesn't require a Sith team. Not one of his abilities relies on Sith faction toons. Except for his leader ability, but that becomes obsolete because he won't be the leader. Jyn w/ zeta will be lead.

Why pair him with Zyn? Chaze is very difficult to defeat with the leadership bonus. Also GK is in the lineup. In other words, Nihilus won't be touched. On top of that Nihilus will have close to 80k hp+protection. I'm sure he'll be able to land a couple annihilates before I win the match. His basic dispel is just a nice bonus...

But again, this is my second team I will try. I'm really excited about Zaul, Baze, GK, EP, and Nihilus.

Good point. But, you don't need to defeat Chaze to get to Nihilus you just need taunt removal. B2 will wreck that pretty bad and we don't know Nihilus's damage output yet, if it's bad that combo will especially not work because you still have to be able to kill somebody.
  • Options

Good point. But, you don't need to defeat Chaze to get to Nihilus you just need taunt removal. B2 will wreck that pretty bad and we don't know Nihilus's damage output yet, if it's bad that combo will especially not work because you still have to be able to kill somebody.

You underestimate the amount of support that Zyn, Chaze, and GK provide. B2 will not be the answer to this combo. You won't kill an 80k hp+protection Nihilus without killing GK or Baze. Also if you do manage to kill Baze, Jyn will revive him the next turn. As far damage output. Chirrut hits 28k with his special. Jyn's special takes turn meter and hits around 12k. Nihilus will be taking a toon every 4 turns, regardless of what his basic hits.
  • Options
    What do you guys think about:

Zaul (L), Vader, Ep, Dooku and Boba/Kylob?

I am at lvl 74 now so will take a while but i want to know if what i am working towards is viable.

My thought process here is you have the 4 siths with each of their respective qualities, in addition kylo or boba to soak up damage and with there own tricks as well. Ibalso see a lot of arguments about the tank issue, in which case i would choose sun fac instead of kylo/boba.

Please give me your thoughts :)
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

You underestimate the amount of support that Zyn, Chaze, and GK provide. B2 will not be the answer to this combo. You won't kill an 80k hp+protection Nihilus without killing GK or Baze. Also if you do manage to kill Baze, Jyn will revive him the next turn. As far damage output. Chirrut hits 28k with his special. Jyn's special takes turn meter and hits around 12k. Nihilus will be taking a toon every 4 turns, regardless of what his basic hits.

Zyn only supports Rebels. If DN has buff immunity inflicted on him he's not getting hots. Chirrut can only cleanse once every 4 turns, with how many turns B2 gets from his unique Chirrut cant keep up with that. Not saying its a cake walk but Ive shut down Zyn and Chaze no problem with Vader lead and Maul lead, its really not hard. The Rogue1 Rebels work better as a full unit composed if Jyn, Chaze, K2, and Cassian. A buddy ran them for a while and tried subbing out K2 for Kenobi and not running Cassian and the squad ****. Its much better with all 5 than how you have it proposed. Now maybe a Rex lead with Chaze, GK, and DN could be interesting. Could stall long enough and get enough TM from Rex to get off an early special.
  • Options

Zyn only supports Rebels. If DN has buff immunity inflicted on him he's not getting hots. Chirrut can only cleanse once every 4 turns, with how many turns B2 gets from his unique Chirrut cant keep up with that. Not saying its a cake walk but Ive shut down Zyn and Chaze no problem with Vader lead and Maul lead, its really not hard. The Rogue1 Rebels work better as a full unit composed if Jyn, Chaze, K2, and Cassian. A buddy ran them for a while and tried subbing out K2 for Kenobi and not running Cassian and the squad ****. Its much better with all 5 than how you have it proposed. Now maybe a Rex lead with Chaze, GK, and DN could be interesting. Could stall long enough and get enough TM from Rex to get off an early special.

I know Zyn leader only supports rebels. Baze is the only one that needs the 5% protection for each added buff he gets. Baze stacks buffs on him like crazy.
    Yes, Chirrut can only cleanse every 4 turns. You're forgetting about GK ability to cleanse. So.. I can cleanse every 2 turns. I think that'll be enough to keep up with B2.
    I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but Jyn has an ability that can revive Rebel toons and grant any ally 100% tm.

Your team sounds good, but relying solely on B2 to prevent the madness that DH will cause is comical. An 80k hp+protection DH hiding behind a Zyn+Chaze+GK combo will be difficult to kill.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Are we ready gentlemen? Nihilus incoming in 11 hours
  • Options

I know Zyn leader only supports rebels. Baze is the only one that needs the 5% protection for each added buff he gets. Baze stacks buffs on him like crazy.
    Yes, Chirrut can only cleanse every 4 turns. You're forgetting about GK ability to cleanse. So.. I can cleanse every 2 turns. I think that'll be enough to keep up with B2.
    I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but Jyn has an ability that can revive Rebel toons and grant any ally 100% tm.

Your team sounds good, but relying solely on B2 to prevent the madness that DH will cause is comical. An 80k hp+protection DH hiding behind a Zyn+Chaze+GK combo will be difficult to kill.

You have far too much faith in Baze and Chirrut's ability to protect DN for long. Like I said, Chirrut can only cleanse and equalize once every 4 turns and if DN has buff immunity or shock on him he's not getting any hots. Not to mention if you're facing a Darth Maul lead squad you'll play hell to kill anybody before Baze is debuffed and DN is focused down. If you're facing a Darth Vader lead squad you'll play hell to get a turn unless your Chirrut is faster than their TFP. Honestly, you don't even need B2 to deal with Chaze, they're good but not that amazing.

To make a DN lead good you really need Sith Assassin and make him as fast as possible so his TM ability gets used so DN can go as soon as possible and use his special to attack the opposing CD's. If you want to run DN lead, you have to include at least SA in the squad as well. After that maybe Chaze is a good add, maybe Savage, who knows. Some testing will be needed still but I really don't see how the 3 Rebels help the cause here.
  • Options
    Sith assassin fix is confirmed for QOL update, she will stay stealthed under maul now
  • Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    Sith assassin fix is confirmed for QOL update, she will stay stealthed under maul now

That's enough for me to prepare my wallet for pain....

• Options
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    Durrun wrote: »

That's enough for me to prepare my wallet for pain....

Haha, nice one. She's basically a requirement to run Nihilus, although at 7-star she seems like she's pretty good on her own apart from DN.
  • Options
    I got my nihilus g9 and max omega in about 15 mins,if anyone wants to ally up and is not sure if they want gear him or no send me a pm,
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Options
    U4bK6Is.jpg

4u07A6k.jpg

cBIu8YY.jpg

I said I would play around with him and max him which I did.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    How many packs for that lol... I bought 150$ and sith assassin is only at 5*... in like 10 packs I only got 5s and 2 omegas
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    U4bK6Is.jpg

4u07A6k.jpg

cBIu8YY.jpg

Wow,im only spending to get him and sass to 4* ,thats it

discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Options
    Bt_7274 wrote: »
    U4bK6Is.jpg

4u07A6k.jpg

cBIu8YY.jpg

Wow,im only spending to get him and sass to 4* ,thats it

Nihilus has been treating me pretty good. Tried him both lead and under zader
  • Options
    U4bK6Is.jpg

4u07A6k.jpg

cBIu8YY.jpg

Cool, how much did he cost you if you don't mind the question?
  • Options
    U4bK6Is.jpg

4u07A6k.jpg

cBIu8YY.jpg

Cool, how much did he cost you if you don't mind the question?

Spent right around 300$

Don't think I'll do it again as nihilus is just one of my fav toons.

Also ended up with about 20 omegas and about 8-10m ish credits I believe
  • Options
    Wow that's bull... I spent 150$ and got assassin to 5*!
  • Options
    Has anyone here tried Zihilus? Care to give some feedback?
    At the moment i'm at 18 Zeta so i'm thinking to give the zeta to Nihilus.
  • Options
    My budget can only realistically stretch to going all-in on one of these toons...currently running Zaul/Zid/Vader/Palp/Shore. Clearly Shore will be replaced but I'm wondering whether to go SAss or Nihilus...anyone got any thoughts on this?
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    My budget can only realistically stretch to going all-in on one of these toons...currently running Zaul/Zid/Vader/Palp/Shore. Clearly Shore will be replaced but I'm wondering whether to go SAss or Nihilus...anyone got any thoughts on this?

I would also take out vader and shore,then play both sass and nihilus,but i would take a shot at both and not go all in for one
  • Options
    Thanks for the good advice - to be honest that's not a bad idea and at the back of my mind, I knew I wanted to get Nihilus in the squad somehow! Fingers crossed for some decent RNG eh ;-)
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Looking for a bit of advice. My current Sith are Maul (G9 5 star) Palp (G11) Sid and savage (g10) Vader (G9 6star) just needing that dam droid caller for 10 and Nihilus (g8)

My droids can currently keep me top 40 to 75 so the question is is it worthwhile sticking a Zeta on Maul or Vader and changing my Arena team? I'm buying shards to level up Vader and Maul for the heroic tank but not sure if I should change my Arena team?

I've also got ST Han at Gear XI to stand in til I get Sith Trooper up the gear levels.
    Post edited by Keldo on
  • Options
    I'm thinking of running
    Palp, zidious, sith trooper zooku Vader
    Or
    Zaul, zidious, nililus, palp zooku
  • Options
    Does anyone know the formula(s) needed to calculate turn order with sith assassin under zaul lead? I am trying to figure out what mods I need to use to ensure a specific open sequence.