The Galactic Sith Players Discussion

Replies

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Trooper I think is tankier than kenobi, kenobi has more utility and team cleanse... it Depends on what you need
  • Options
    Looking at the team I put up yesterday what about this for an arena team?

Zader (lead but only 6 star)
    Palp (Gear XI)
    Sid (Gear XI)
    TFP (Gear XI)
    Trooper (ST Han, he's Gear XI right now, until trooper is geared and modded)
  • Options
    Eventually i will be running:
    Zaul
    Sith Trooper
    EP
    Darth Nihilus
    (up for grabs, - between Darth Vader, Sith Assassin, JKA, Boba Fett, RG someone i have already max geared or close to max gear)
  • Options
    My question is about Darth Nihilus, is it pointless to use 'Drain Force' first?
    My reasoning is because can cooldowns go past their actual cooldown?

For example, Team would be:

Zaul
    EP
    Sith Trooper
    Nihilus
    ShoreTrooper

If EP goes first and stuns everyone, no opponent would have used their abilities which means the cooldowns are already at 0. Would 'Drain Force' make them go to 1 (to make them only use basic attack) or would it not do anything because the abilities would not have been used yet?
  • Options
    Tommyyyyxo wrote: »
    I was thinking of using dooku but realised his opening attack will be wasted on baze/shoretrooper most of the time which will really decrease his usefulness, whereas sid can open with his aoe for which autotaunts don't matter. I've got a dilemma whether to use dooku or sid but I'm swaying more towards sid now

But Dooku has a chance of stunning another character as well
  • Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »

Zaul
    EP
    Sith Trooper
    Nihilus
    ShoreTrooper

If EP goes first and stuns everyone, no opponent would have used their abilities which means the cooldowns are already at 0. Would 'Drain Force' make them go to 1 (to make them only use basic attack) or would it not do anything because the abilities would not have been used yet?

Force drain makes abilitys that currently can be used become 1 on cool down.

So now it wouldn't be a waste
  • Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »

Zaul
    EP
    Sith Trooper
    Nihilus
    ShoreTrooper

Wouldn't that be OP though?

For example if i faced this team. There are so many abilities that Darth Nihilus's Annihilate would be able to go on the next turn?

Yoda (3 abilities other than basic)
    GK (3 abilities other than basic)
    Chirrut (2 abilities other than basic
    Baze (2 abilities other than basic)
    JKA (1 ability other than basic)

The total is 11 abilities so Darth Nihilus's would be able to use annihilate on his next turn.
  • Options

Zaul
    EP
    Sith Trooper
    Nihilus
    ShoreTrooper

For example if i faced this team. There are so many abilities that Darth Nihilus's Annihilate would be able to go on the next turn?

The total is 11 abilities so Darth Nihilus's would be able to use annihilate on his next turn.

No double skills don't count at the maximum he can only reduce cool down of annihilate by 1 per toon.

But it will increase ability cooldowns to 1 so they can't use skills
  • Options

Zaul
    EP
    Sith Trooper
    Nihilus
    ShoreTrooper

No double skills don't count at the maximum he can only reduce cool down of annihilate by 1 per toon.

But the description says, "For each cooldown increased, reduce the cooldown of Annihilate by 1." I don't see anything saying for 1 ability per toon or anything?

• Options

Zaul
    EP
    Sith Trooper
    Nihilus
    ShoreTrooper

But the description says, "For each cooldown increased, reduce the cooldown of Annihilate by 1." I don't see anything saying for 1 ability per toon or anything?

Devs already confirmed what @xReDeMpx said
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Options
    Bt_7274 wrote: »

Zaul
    EP
    Sith Trooper
    Nihilus
    ShoreTrooper

Oh ok thank you for clarifying!
  • Options

Zaul
    EP
    Sith Trooper
    Nihilus
    ShoreTrooper

Np.

Nihilus is going to be a good toon for tanking out tanks like kenobi and left over toons as the battle progresses.

His force drain is handy enough to increase all cooldowns not including his others perks.

I plan on giving sith trooper all offense and protection mods because with nihilus lead he will have over 70% offense that goes through protection and counters.
  • Options

Zaul
    EP
    Sith Trooper
    Nihilus
    ShoreTrooper

Np.

Nihilus is going to be a good toon for tanking out tanks like kenobi and left over toons as the battle progresses.

His force drain is handy enough to increase all cooldowns not including his others perks.

I plan on giving sith trooper all offense and protection mods because with nihilus lead he will have over 70% offense that goes through protection and counters.

That sounds awesome! i was gonna go for Defense but now i may go for Crit damage then becaue i don't have offense mods. But i plan on working up Sith Trooper but only after Darth Nihilus! Gotta use my resources wisely.
  • Options

Zaul
    EP
    Sith Trooper
    Nihilus
    ShoreTrooper

Np.

That sounds awesome! i was gonna go for Defense but now i may go for Crit damage then becaue i don't have offense mods. But i plan on working up Sith Trooper but only after Darth Nihilus! Gotta use my resources wisely.

If you run nihilus as lead crit damage or crit chance will not matter. Sith toons can't crit under nihilus lead. Which is why I'm going full offense especially with 100% health steal.

Think about it.

If your sith trooper after 70% offense hits 7k per hit he will heal for 7k each counter and not many toons at all will come close to hitting that on sith trooper because of defense up and his own kit. If you focus him all offense with protection he will most likely heal faster than what toons can get rid of your tank
  • Options

Zaul
    EP
    Sith Trooper
    Nihilus
    ShoreTrooper

Np.

If you run nihilus as lead crit damage or crit chance will not matter. Sith toons can't crit under nihilus lead. Which is why I'm going full offense especially with 100% health steal.

Think about it.

If your sith trooper after 70% offense hits 7k per hit he will heal for 7k each counter and not many toons at all will come close to hitting that on sith trooper because of defense up and his own kit. If you focus him all offense with protection he will most likely heal faster than what toons can get rid of your tank

Oh that makes sense. I was planning on Mauls leader ability. I don't have good enough mods especially not offense mods. But that will be my goal.
  • Options
    chezhead wrote: »
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    MackemSLAM wrote: »
    Interested to hear thoughts on who would be a better choice as tank for a Zaul team: Sith Trooper or General Kenobi?

I'm no expert, but as someone else pointed out, under Zaul a taunting tank may be less desirable. You want your Sith to be targeted because you want them to evade and generate crazy TM.

Or maybe I've misunderstood this :)

i dont buy this for a second. the point of sith teams is that they are faster than the other team. as soon as they go they are out of stealth and are targetable. that means guys like palp can get oneshot by wiggs if you dont have a taunting tank. 1 crit and 2 non crits will still crush palp/maul toons.

ea created an entire character to deal with sith not having a taunting tank. Im still going to use baze but you need a bulletsponge to take the damage.

After the first hit from Biggs a high chance it will crit, palp will gain stealth and under maul lead sith cannot be critically hit when stealthed, the following 2 attacks will be greatly reduced damage, palp will likely survive
  • Options
    Zanhaep wrote: »
    I'm going to run a zMaul (L), Assassin, Palp, Nihilus and zBarriss comp.

Speed mod Assassin, she goes first and uses Dark Shroud, giving the 4 Sith 48% TM. Maul and Palp AoE, allowing Nihilus to cooldown his Annihilate quickly. Barriss is there for heals and cleanses, and could probably be switched out for someone else

I Like Barris as 5th under Maul lead as well just makes it so that a bunch of awesome stuff is happening when your team gets crit
    What are your guys' thoughts on Zaul, SAss, Zavage, GK and Zarriss? Sith move first, debuffs don't stick, SAss/Savage can kill you without touching your protection, crits heal you give you crit immunity and activate a taunt.

I only have Maul geared but this is a squad I wish I could try.
  • Options

Speed mod Assassin, she goes first and uses Dark Shroud, giving the 4 Sith 48% TM. Maul and Palp AoE, allowing Nihilus to cooldown his Annihilate quickly. Barriss is there for heals and cleanses, and could probably be switched out for someone else

I Like Barris as 5th under Maul lead as well just makes it so that a bunch of awesome stuff is happening when your team gets crit
    What are your guys' thoughts on Zaul, SAss, Zavage, GK and Zarriss? Sith move first, debuffs don't stick, SAss/Savage can kill you without touching your protection, crits heal you give you crit immunity and activate a taunt.

I think part of it depends on how far you plan on promoting SA. With that squad you have an incredible lack of damage after the first turn. Figure, Maul is very slow unless you have +100 to +130 speed on him. SA looks like she hits hard if she's maxed out but at 3-stars she's not hitting hard at all. Savage is not spectacular, GK has one attack every 4 turns that is meaningful and Bariss is still a joke offensively. It might be a good overnight squad but I think you'll time out a lot of battles, especially facing other Maul squads when a certain percentage of the attacks are also dodged.

At this point we haven't even seen Nihilus yet, so that will be a game changer in itself. But my gut tells me the squad is going to be Maul lead, SA, Nihilus, ST, and then depending on your SA and what kind of damage output Nihilus has, either Savage or Palp. Just make sure SA goes first if you don't run Palp and 2nd if you do run Palp.
  • Options
    Leaning towards Zaul (L), Sith Trooper, Palpatine, Kenobi
  • chezhead
    221 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

i was thinking of kenobi as well but after playing a shoretrooper/zaul team in my shard its a no go.

sith cant go into stealth due to crit immunity and just get pummeled.
  • Options

It will be interesting to see how Nihilus lead affects the meta. If it becomes a strong part of the meta,then Kenobi is not useful at all aside from the Cleanse, but then Chirrut or Rex are probably better in that regard.
  • Options

i was thinking of kenobi as well but after playing a shoretrooper/zaul team in my shard its a no go.

sith cant go into stealth due to crit immunity and just get pummeled.

That's a good point, hadn't thought of that. Though there are plenty of Zaul teams with GK in the top 10 on my server.
  • chezhead
    221 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

That's a good point, hadn't thought of that. Though there are plenty of Zaul teams with GK in the top 10 on my server.

i just looked at the way ST applies CI compared to GK. ST does it for two turns which is what kills a zaul team. GK applies it for one turn which probably ends up being redundant and doesnt hurt them.

what got me excited about GK is giving maul retribution. wondering what happens on a killing blow via retribution. should give him 100% TM.

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Guys kozispoon took the time to reply to my bug report about assassin stealth and let us know a fix should be coming with the quality of life update very soon
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    Interested to hear thoughts on who would be a better choice as tank for a Zaul team: Sith Trooper or General Kenobi?

I'm no expert, but as someone else pointed out, under Zaul a taunting tank may be less desirable. You want your Sith to be targeted because you want them to evade and generate crazy TM.

Or maybe I've misunderstood this :)

i dont buy this for a second. the point of sith teams is that they are faster than the other team. as soon as they go they are out of stealth and are targetable. that means guys like palp can get oneshot by wiggs if you dont have a taunting tank. 1 crit and 2 non crits will still crush palp/maul toons.

ea created an entire character to deal with sith not having a taunting tank. Im still going to use baze but you need a bulletsponge to take the damage.

You clearly don't run a current meta Zaul team.

Dec shard I sit at the top with Zaul, Vader, EP, Kylo and B2. I go down to rank 3 or 5 over night. Spend a fight or two and take back 1 on payout. This against Rex/CHaze/Kenobi/Wiggs w/e teams.

It's cool to tell other future Zaulers they need a tank... makes it easier for me when I face them.
    Taunt in Zaul team is a wasted slot. By all means dive forward tho. You will want to replace Sith Tank with Assassin or another synergied attacker.

EP goes first. Stuns half or more of the team. Odds are Wiggs is out of operation. Zaul goes second, AOE daze. Vader goes next, speed down all the stinky rebels. B2 removes taunts/buffs.

Shoot, EP even survives Kenobi triple attack. He goes into stealth on the first crit and the rest don't crit. The dood survives. Not to mention he just heals all the way back up. I do it constantly.

Kylo is there to take the hits when everyone else pops in/out of stealth (and to do this, you need to get hit!). Avoiding getting hit defeats the entire synergy with Zaul. It's there to frustrate your opponent and make weak un-synced attacks and spread damage. If you want +20% TM and multiple turns, you need to take the hits. Maybe your mods are not up to speed to take one volley, idk.

Adding a useless taunter to the team = shocked, dazed, blocked, dot'd and when it's their turn to come up they do squat. Zaul is all offense, all the time. Zaul team has the tools to ensure taunters are liabilities. As long as you yourself do not gimp yourself by a wasted slot.
  • Options
    @Noktarn ok EA/CG built a sith taunter for no reason got it.

good to know you do well with high end mods . take a look at this top end guild and let me know what you notice out of all of the teams running zaul

https://swgoh.gg/g/1705/shatterpolnt/

they all run either baze, GK or both.

• Options
    There's like 4 Zaul's top 10 where I am at. The one who runs Kenobi and another tank I can basically auto. I know what I'm talking about.

They all have high end mods, that's besides the point. IDK why I'm even challenging your suggestions. You will see players trying with tanks and no tanks.. and from experience, the tank-less Zauls will come out on top.

If you can't get your sith to go first, then I guess you are ganna' need a tank.
  • Options
    Noktarn wrote: »
    There's like 4 Zaul's top 10 where I am at. The one who runs Kenobi and another tank I can basically auto. I know what I'm talking about.

They all have high end mods, that's besides the point. IDK why I'm even challenging your suggestions. You will see players trying with tanks and no tanks.. and from experience, the tank-less Zauls will come out on top.

If you can't get your sith to go first, then I guess you are ganna' need a tank.

I definitely see your point and playing on a December server our top-10 has some deep rosters and solid mods and have seen a few variants to Maul squads. I don't doubt your success with the 5 DPS as it's obviously very aggressive, but it's not full-proof at all. It's probably the most mod dependent configuration possible for a Maul squad. You definitely need Palp going first and getting 3 to 5 stuns, 1 to 2 really won't by you enough unless you snag somebody important like their Palp, Vader (lead), TFP, etc. Problem is a Vader lead can counter pretty easily, especially if dodge RNG isn't working for you. Maul vs. Maul is incredibly RNG dependent, very volatile RNG because of the dodge, and a tank could end-up saving you. At this point my server is already 6 of 10 Maul and I see a mix of everything (5 dps, 1 tank + Savage, 1 tank and B2, etc). We really need to see Nihilus and what he brings to the table behind a Maul lead, along with how viable is it to promote SA to 7-star, how does Sith Trooper work with the group, if at all, etc. After this week we'll have seen Nihilus and have a good feel for how he interacts with the squad, but I think it's premature to say a Sith squad with one tank doesn't work. I've seen plenty of Maul with both and have beaten both. Don't forget, the meta on all servers is a little different too.
  • Options

I think part of it depends on how far you plan on promoting SA. With that squad you have an incredible lack of damage after the first turn. Figure, Maul is very slow unless you have +100 to +130 speed on him. SA looks like she hits hard if she's maxed out but at 3-stars she's not hitting hard at all. Savage is not spectacular, GK has one attack every 4 turns that is meaningful and Bariss is still a joke offensively. It might be a good overnight squad but I think you'll time out a lot of battles, especially facing other Maul squads when a certain percentage of the attacks are also dodged.

At this point we haven't even seen Nihilus yet, so that will be a game changer in itself. But my gut tells me the squad is going to be Maul lead, SA, Nihilus, ST, and then depending on your SA and what kind of damage output Nihilus has, either Savage or Palp. Just make sure SA goes first if you don't run Palp and 2nd if you do run Palp.

I guess it would depend on how much damage Sass will do, but will Savage not be a reliable damage dealer? He will steal DoTs and gains offense up and 30% TM when ever he is damaged.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

I guess it would depend on how much damage Sass will do, but will Savage not be a reliable damage dealer? He will steal DoTs and gains offense up and 30% TM when ever he is damaged.

Yeah, from what I saw in the event a max SA can hit pretty hard. A friend of mine has Savage zeta'd and its not overly impressive, at least not behind a Maul lead. Nihilus could change things with his offense bonus I guess, we'll have to wait and see. Unfortunately it's a hefty investment (zeta) to test and see if something is worthwhile or not.