Why do we hate Rebels so much(TV show)

Replies

• SpiritZarathos
    55 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    Characters are terribly cliche, light saber design, the rework or a lot of canon (something I'm bitter about with Star Wars as a whole, not necessarily rebels).

The first couple seasons were horribly kid friendly as opposed to clone wars which could also appeal to adults (im 27). But I'll admit I've seen a few newer episodes and I can at least watch without getting bored.

I think the idea of inquisitors is just **** and they are bath vey forgettable and I never felt like they had the gravitas of a true sith or enemy figure.

Maul- he should be dead. Let it go! Also a Star Wars as a whole problem, not rebels exactly

It's bad.

Other points:
    1. Why does Sabine, an unaccomplished, fail "mandolorian" get the DarkSaber (which maul had)?
    2. Why do they always win?
    3. Why are the empire dumb?
    4. Why does Ahsoka fight for the rebels even though she said she has no side??????????????
    5. Why did they canonize clone mindchips?
    6. Why was trash in rogue one?
    7. When will Disney get an original idea?
    8. When will Sith Lord Jar Jar actually be used (much better than what they currently do)
    9. A lightSABER cannot fire BLASTER bolts.
    10. KANAN isn't a JEDI, he is a PADAWAN.

You haven't watched the show at all have you. Sabine gets the Darksaber on Dohamir, when Kanan, Ezra and Sabine fight Maul. They dont always win. Empire is dumb is a cliche. And their not all dumb. Ahsoka fights for the Rebels because she's always been a good person. She left the Jedi order because they were corrupt. But she's always fought for good and the right. Canonize clone mind chips because it makes sense rather than coming up with something else that would trigger every clone to attack their allies at the same time. Who/what is trash? Rogue One had several easter eggs from Rebels, tho. Chopper droid. The Ghost. General Sindulla....Define original idea. When it comes to cinema everything is similar to something else, nowadays. Darth Jar Jar is just stupid. The lightsaber didnt fire blaster bolts. the handle did. Its like those swords from ancient times. That had one or two shots stored in the handle/hilts. It comes from a real idea. Kanan is a Jedi. He was promoted to Jedi Knight by the Lothal Temple Guards in Season 2 of Rebels.
  • Options
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    I enjoy it for what it is; pretty child-friendly (it's my 7 year old son's favourite non-Lego Star Wars) and easy watching. He didn't engage as much with The Clone Wars, and I'm happy to sit and watch this with him. Season 1 was a bit naff; it warmed up in S2 and I'm quite enjoying S3 (Thrawn!!). It's a fun take-it-or-leave-it kind of show, I think.

Stop with this grown up attitude and make definivitive statements despite barely having given the show a go!
  • Options
    I enjoy the show. Its fun. And the characters are interesting.

Since they brought Thrawn in. I wish they bring Starkiller in. I liked him.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    1. I dont like ezra and kanan
    2. Maul should be dead
    3. Lightsaber helicoptershqdefault.jpg
  • Options
    It's looking as if Rebels will give us Obi-Wan vs Maul the thing everyone wants to see after he was bought back in The Clone Wars. That's not something that can be used against Rebels, it's a character that needs to have an end.
  • Options
    1. I dont like ezra and kanan
    2. Maul should be dead
    3. Lightsaber helicoptershqdefault.jpg

But you like to spend time on finding a picture of it

And maul alive is TCWs idea
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    I personally enjoy Rebels and am glad to see Chop added. Hoping Thrawn isn't far away now.
  • Options
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    According to this poll(small sample size) 28% of people never want rebels and 12% don't care about them.

28% is pretty bad for hater margin.

I encourage you to vote and prove me wrong.

I would be interested in the % who voted just for thrawn, Ahsoka, or maul.
    (Because then they are voting for old chars they like)

So, your side lost the popular vote and you're trying to claim numbers don't matter? 2:1 against you. Flail harder, it's funny.

I was just pointing out that 28% hate is a lot higher than normal.
    72% is even a lot more higher than normal.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    OH SNAP! Chopper has been added to the game. "Rebels" character incoming!
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    For all you Rebels haters out there who claim to love the OT and even CW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr7ufR7utEo

BTW.... the makers of Clone Wars are the same people doing Rebels, so it makes sense that CW characters would continue on in Rebels.... While there have been a few stinker episodes (i.e. "flying whales" ... ****?) Rebels has been fantastic. My wife hates Clone Wars but loves Rebels. CW had some great story arcs, but there were also alot of lame ones. In any case, it's Star Wars... so better than 90% of the crap I watched growing up.
  • Options
    Rebels is less about politics as well. One thing about the prequels and Clone Wars I never really enjoyed and neither did my father, was all the politics.
  • Options
    packman767 wrote: »

BTW.... the makers of Clone Wars are the same people doing Rebels, so it makes sense that CW characters would continue on in Rebels.... While there have been a few stinker episodes (i.e. "flying whales" ... ****?) Rebels has been fantastic. My wife hates Clone Wars but loves Rebels. CW had some great story arcs, but there were also alot of lame ones. In any case, it's Star Wars... so better than 90% of the **** I watched growing up.

Yeah, Season 2 finale was EPIC. To me that was the payoff for watching all of Clone Wars AND Rebels. Came together fantastically.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options

Other points:
    1. Why does Sabine, an unaccomplished, fail "mandolorian" get the DarkSaber (which maul had)?
    4. Why does Ahsoka fight for the rebels even though she said she has no side??????????????
    8. When will Sith Lord Jar Jar actually be used (much better than what they currently do)

You obviously don't watch/don't WANT to like it.

1. Sabine got it/trained with it to try to unite her family again/get them away from the Empire
    2. Because they are the heroes. They're supposed to.
    3. Because they are the villains. They're supposed to be.
    4. She has no side of the force, she still understands that the Empire is evil.
    5. Those were canonized a long time ago in CW.
    6. I can't answer this because I don't understand because I haven't seen RO
    7. It's not just Disney who isn't creative, it's anyone/everyone.
    8. Aftermath already answered Jar Jar's fate.
    9. Ezra used spare blaster parts and integrated them into his saber hilt. You complain about Disney not being creative, yet **** about anything new? Not sure what you want here...
    10. He was knighted in the same season 1 episode where Ezra was given his Kyber Crystal.
    Brush Leonidas
    947-363-784
    Allied Outcasts
  • Options
    The idea for Ezra's lightsaber/blaster is probably the same idea of Pistol Sword used through out history. If you don't know what a pistol sword. Look it up. They been around for a long time. Same idea. except it took a sci-fi turn.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It is cartoon with a plot, characters and graphics designed for a 6-7 year old kids. It is dull, boring, it's good character always win against their s tupid enemies.
    Why should I like it? I`m much older.

Why I hate it? Bacause that is what Star Wars became. Silly cartoon for kidds. What a pitty... :-(
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

This was cool and after seeing this I realized what a slow and poor fighter voder is. I mean Snips beat him and in the few previous episodes Snips had a hard time beating anyone.

Here canon states that vodar... simply sucks.

• Options

BTW.... the makers of Clone Wars are the same people doing Rebels, so it makes sense that CW characters would continue on in Rebels.... While there have been a few stinker episodes (i.e. "flying whales" ... ****?) Rebels has been fantastic. My wife hates Clone Wars but loves Rebels. CW had some great story arcs, but there were also alot of lame ones. In any case, it's Star Wars... so better than 90% of the **** I watched growing up.

I disagree with the episode you called a stinker. The prequel showed us that Qui-Gon has the right idea about how the Jedi should be and he said to Obi-Wan in episode one that he should "Be mindful of he living force" when Obi-Wan said Yoda said he should be mindful of the future and this shows Ezra being mindful of the living force and look how they end up helping them achieve what they set out to do. I thought it was quite a good episode.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    jjkriv wrote: »
    Wait til the new movie and we find out Ezra is a knight of Ren(Benicia Del Toro) and is Reys father and Sabine is her mother,who in turn has Kenobi lineage in her genes from her mom being the daughter of Kenobi and Satine..this would make all your Star Wars Rebel dreams come true.
    Obi wan was never "with" satine. They had feelings for each other but never acted on them. Thats part of what made him such a great jedi.

Naw dude. Kenobi got it at least once.
  • Options
    ArtooSW wrote: »
    I enjoy it for what it is; pretty child-friendly (it's my 7 year old son's favourite non-Lego Star Wars) and easy watching. He didn't engage as much with The Clone Wars, and I'm happy to sit and watch this with him. Season 1 was a bit naff; it warmed up in S2 and I'm quite enjoying S3 (Thrawn!!). It's a fun take-it-or-leave-it kind of show, I think.

Stop with this grown up attitude and make definivitive statements despite barely having given the show a go!

Are you high or just 10 years old? What you wrote made no sense at all. I've seen all 3 seasons, and I stand by my personal opinion. If you don't like what I have to say, then do one.
  • Options
    Ratinira wrote: »
    It is cartoon with a plot, characters and graphics designed for a 6-7 year old kids. It is dull, boring, it's good character always win against their s tupid enemies.
    Why should I like it? I`m much older.

Why I hate it? Bacause that is what Star Wars became. Silly cartoon for kidds. What a pitty... :-(

Exactly this!
  • Options
    I like it okay. Not as good as TCW was, but not terrible. Certainly no worse than the prequels. Now, THERE was some garbage for you.

There are parts I can do without, though, for sure.
  • Options

Other points:

You obviously don't watch/don't WANT to like it.

1. Sabine got it/trained with it to try to unite her family again/get them away from the Empire
    2. Because they are the heroes. They're supposed to.
    3. Because they are the villains. They're supposed to be.
    4. She has no side of the force, she still understands that the Empire is evil.
    5. Those were canonized a long time ago in CW.
    6. I can't answer this because I don't understand because I haven't seen RO
    7. It's not just Disney who isn't creative, it's anyone/everyone.
    8. Aftermath already answered Jar Jar's fate.
    9. Ezra used spare blaster parts and integrated them into his saber hilt. You complain about Disney not being creative, yet **** about anything new? Not sure what you want here...
    10. He was knighted in the same season 1 episode where Ezra was given his Kyber Crystal.

10. I saw that episode and he wasnt.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • ArtooSW
    181 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Are you high or just 10 years old? What you wrote made no sense at all. I've seen all 3 seasons, and I stand by my personal opinion. If you don't like what I have to say, then do one.

lol calm down and take a deep breathe.
    I'm 27 not 10 (Your comment there was that of a child though. No need for an insult) and I was being sarcastic. It was actually praise of your post while criticising those who criticise the show without giving it a chance.
  • Options
    I like rebels way better than clone wars. Rebels feels like star wars firefly. Clone wars was dark with only a few good characters and lots of garbage ones. My only objection to rebels is ezra. I love Hera and what they did with her as a pilot is great.
  • Options

I'm 27 not 10 (Your comment there was that of a child though. No need for an insult) and I was being sarcastic. It was actually praise of your post while criticising those who criticise the show without giving it a chance.

Fair play mate, I apologise for being a little salty (bad day!).

On topic, I have found S3 to be the best so far, it has matured as it's gone on. I think personally I still prefer Clone Wars, but Rebels has "grown up" a lot I think.

Well worth a watch.
  • Options

On topic, I have found S3 to be the best so far, it has matured as it's gone on. I think personally I still prefer Clone Wars, but Rebels has "grown up" a lot I think.

Well worth a watch.

Don't sweat it. Sarcasm doesn't always come across in text form.

I have a few episodes to watch but so far I'd agree with that. The Bendu has played a big part in that.
  • Options

Well worth a watch.

I have a few episodes to watch but so far I'd agree with that. The Bendu has played a big part in that.

Bendu annoys me. He's supposed to be neither good, nor bad, but all he is so far is a big, friendly, beast.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    He has facilitated a lot of the learning/growing Kanan has done and Kanan's growth is one of the best parts of this season for me.
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

Well worth a watch.

Bendu annoys me. He's supposed to be neither good, nor bad, but all he is so far is a big, friendly, beast.

And very, very much Tom Baker, if you didn't recognise his voice immediately.
    "If you recognise this thumbnail, then you have great taste, and you're really getting old"
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

Well worth a watch.

Bendu is like the Father from Clone Wars.