GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Options
    Myzyri wrote: »
    Even at level 70 it doesn't matter. Unless you've spent thousands you're not going to have enough troops to fight through ten plus level 70 fights. GW is broken until they fix it.

Only if you have reached 70 focusing only on your arena squad. I'm 70 and it's been a whole lot easier since I crossed 60. It was quite difficult in the 50s and I compensated for the difficulty by working on extra toons specifically for GW. Maybe that's why it's become easier.
  • Options
    It will eventually become easier once you build your collection more powerfull.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Options
    Hell, happened to me after my 1st GW, about 4-6 nodes in, it gets insane instantly.
  • Options
    The thread title should be edited to my toon collection is broken.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Options
    @Nonemo
    No need to be insulting. I think OP's main point here is the sudden jump in difficulty, not the difficulty itself. The GW matchmaking is kinda wonky indeed, which is why CG will be tweaking it in a future patch.
  • Options
    Daka, sid, Kylo, luminara, phasma. Between sid, Kylo and luminara giving heal immunities and Daka always reviving and phasmas fusillade slowing down my team allowing for multiple attacks before i get one attack. I cringe when I see that team and for some reason I see it a lot in gw.
    I'd sooner want to go against a leia, fotp, poogle, poe, and qui-gon, which I go through them often too. I can atleat send in a suicide team to dispelled all their specials before going in with my secondary squad killing one or two then cleaning up easily with my primary. With the others even if you use a suicide squad they still have their abilities to debuff and revive.
  • Options
    Since most of my team is Jedi, the Dooku and Sid combo is always killer. Especially when they have Daka or a glass cannon into the mix. My toons always get stunned, and to make it worse, Sid dodges extremely often, so I can't even heal my toons. :(
  • ctn13
    53 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Poe. Teams that don't have him I can usually work out a way to win without taking too much damage or I can send in a B team to rest and protect my A team. If I see Poe then I know I've got to send in a suicide team. 2 gw's ago I faced 5 Poe teams. Not fun. Pretty much any other toon you can try and tweak to get rng to work for you. I find the top poe teams always kill someone before I can do anything. Always!
  • Options
    Ha. Stop complaining just because it's hard. It goes both ways. I'm lvl 70 and my first opponent was lvl 50 today... It just happens sometimes. Believe it or not, no one is out to get you!
  • Options
    Worst to see (ive seen it a few times)
    -sid lead
    -dooku
    -lumi
    -daka
    -kylo

All 7* (except dooku), all gear 8 and all level (high). I Just dont bother fighting. Kinda upsetting that its that way.
    Btw when i call that a p2w i know people say they are all f2p toons, but dooku, daka, and kylo are all kinda p2w if theyre at high star because people who pay for crystals can buy energy like theres no tomorrow and just collect those shards all day
  • Options
    Yes not bad at all. I in the early/mid GW last night faced 3 strait Poe, QGJ DPS 7* Purples and faced that the whole streatch. Welcome to the new GW. A true war of attrition.

Feed that team some fodder to draw out the AOE's and Victory March if lucky, then go in with your A team and take the now less hard hitting team out.

GW is not broken. It is meant to be a Royal PITA

All these people suggesting the "fodder" teams to draw out specials, and the fact that you can (and I usually have to) retreat 20+ times until RNG is on my side. Do these things not tell us how broken this mode is??
  • Options
    I hate kylo (6 or 7* only) and sid obviously cause of his heal block and annoying aoe every match. Dont enjoy seeing lumi either or dooku. I dont like seeing all 6 or 7* teams when mine has half health and abilities on cooldown.... So dumb
  • Options
    Since I don't havwas Barriss Kylo and Sid are always a pain but Daka for her stuns and Dooku for his speed/counter also aren't fun.
  • Options
    So my best squad is lvl 50 4* gear 5/6 kinda squad. Today's GW. My 6th fight is:

All lvl 62 all purple gears
    6* Sid and Lumi
    5* Phasma
    4* chewie and gs

I can't get jiggy with that.
  • Options
    Phasma lead teams. Usually with Sid, Dooku and Kylo.

Heal block + uncertain amounts of incoming damage and you get lots of rage retreats.
  • Options
    Whatever...when you hit a GW with 7-8 out of the 12 teams are all level 70 then get back to me. It's ridiculous.
  • Options
    Awesome 7th node today!!! Daka Lumi JC GC Wookie..lvl 68 all 7*
    I'm 58!!!! Great job EA.
    I really wish I would not have waited to get on the the OLD DAKA UNTil it was too late.
    Waiting is horrible for OLD DAKA UNTil now is bad.
  • Options
    GW is unbelievable today. Starting from battle #8, all teams are level 70 7* chars. Isn't it a little bit over the top in terms of difficulty?
  • Options
    I did not face one opponent of equal level. I think the highest level I saw was 51...I was 56.
  • Options
    I'm curious what changed in last two-three days. I'm level 66 and have ten toons all level 61 gear 7 and stars from 6-4 now I halted leveling my A team to level up more toons for GW and started doing great but two or three days ago it got insanely hard. Before I was only seeing teams up to level 63-65 now it 65-69 and early to, did a silent update happen?
  • Options
    It is currently based on your top arena rank ever achieved which I believe is more unfair than basing it current rank. I suppose ill also wait for the Gw update first though.
  • Options
    I could use a few days of these. I've had pretty hard ones lately but it's actually not been horrible. If I didn't have the bench I have it would be impossible but not too bad.

Now when the gods strike me with 4+ nodes of the crazy Rey/FOTP/leia/etc nodes I'll cry a little.
  • Options
    Awesome 7th node today!!! Daka Lumi JC GC Wookie..lvl 68 all 7*
    I'm 58!!!! Great job EA.
    I really wish I would not have waited to get on the the OLD DAKA UNTil it was too late.
    Waiting is horrible for OLD DAKA UNTil now is bad.

Face it. You followed some untested advice to get 7* Sidious and Luminara instead of spreading your resources across multiple characters. This is the reason for your current downfall.
  • IgorDUDE
    49 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hey

I am lvl 45, this is my 5gw, i failed 1 so far, this could be 2nd
    so before last match highest team was 52-54 and i thought that would be highest cuz usually for last i didnt got harder team. But this time i got 15lvl difference team seen here>>

final_bst_Snapshot_47221.jpg

so first i send my low team to make them use some abilitys

final_bst_Snapshot_50221.jpg

now i am trying to to defeat this team but i failed 3 times so far so i came to forum to ask
    which heroes to attack first

this is my team, to bad i lost poe

final_bst_Snapshot_750691.jpg
    screenshot software

I did it after about 15 retreats

Post edited by IgorDUDE on
  • Options
    Today wasn't too bad till I hit a full droid team with poggle mostly 7* and full gear. Got through that but then hit a full jedi team 7* with Ima gun? (can't remember his name but counter leader one)

That was a tough battle and took a lot of retreats to find the best way though.

Finished GW but had lost most my characters by the end where normally I have my A team left
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Why does everybody keep reporting their GW day in the forums? "Mine was easy", "mine was super hard", "I got defeated by an Ewok team". I really don't see the point.
  • Options
    tryed 10+ tries so far just not possible, doku is easiest to take out first
    but then they just slaughter me with 3k crits, best i did i killed 3
  • Options
    Finish sid and lumi first. Dooku doesnt do that much damage and you'll weaken yourself because he counters. Try to swap lumi and sid for lead, maybe you can dodge some attacks with lumi lead.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Why does everybody keep reporting their GW day in the forums? "Mine was easy", "mine was super hard", "I got defeated by an Ewok team". I really don't see the point.
    + 1
    I bet some of them got bored of the same AI and those darn AI never give them the attention they deserve.

• Options
    seems nothing is impossible

heroes12.jpg
    free image uploading

i did it in 15th try, first i killed count doku cuz he was only one i could kill before lumi heal
    then i killed lumi after that JC and Aayla and last sidious.

I did it cuz of rng after i killed lumi and dooku i dodged and resisted about 50% attacks
    at the end i had 2 heroes left.