Mod pack improvements missed the mark

Prev1345678
Mylion
62 posts Member
I appreciate you split the packs into their type, but increasing the price and lowering the quality is really sad. 400$ worth of mods not one worth using. And then i had to spend 30 minutes deleting all of them one by one because the interface sucks. Let us delete mods before we accept them. Get rid of 3 dot mods all together and increase the quality of the mods. I really cant believe the "cash grab" mentality is so strong with you guys. Its embarassing when at the end of the day there is nothing to this game. Lastly. All mods should drop with a speed secondary no matter what. All other mods are useless. <end rant>. Guys im really starting to get irritated and you need to provide value for the money we invest. I am really at my limit here

Replies

• Mylion
    62 posts Member
    Options
    I appreciate you split the packs into their type, but increasing the price and lowering the quality is really sad. 400$ worth of mods not one worth using. And then i had to spend 30 minutes deleting all of them one by one because the interface sucks. Let us delete mods before we accept them. Get rid of 3 dot mods all together and increase the quality of the mods. I really cant believe the "cash grab" mentality is so strong with you guys. Its embarassing when at the end of the day there is nothing to this game. Lastly. All mods should drop with a speed secondary no matter what. All other mods are useless. <end rant>. Guys im really starting to get irritated and you need to provide value for the money we invest. I am really at my limit here
  • Options
    Yup i usually understand devs need to make money but this is a new low and unfortunately they can get away with it. Sad really.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    I still miss the days before mods existed.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Mylion wrote: »
    And then i had to spend 30 minutes deleting all of them one by one because the interface sucks. Let us delete mods before we accept them.

I don't understand this... You know you can select a bunch of mods and sell them all at once, right?
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    400$ worth of mods

For your sake I hope these are Hong Kong Dollars or something.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I really cant believe the "cash grab" mentality is so strong with you guys. Its embarassing when at the end of the day there is nothing to this game.

giphy.gif

• Options
    I didn't buy any mod packs when they were around in the past. After seeing all the posts about how great they were, I was eagerly awaiting the day they came back so I could get some. After reading the multiple threads about reduced quality I've decided to save my cash though. I am really disappointed. \sigh
  • Options
    I bought a mod pack each tournament and got some great mods.

Looking at these I won't be buying any and that was before I looked on the forums and reddit to see lots of people saying not to buy them, which I can't remember seeing about the old packs which were really good value.

Why do they keep doing things like this?

If they had just released the old packs I would have bought one and as I'm low on credits most likely some credits so I could level them up.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Old packs would create an enormous gap between people spending vs not spending. Old mod packs would guarantee OP toons with insane speed. Non spenders would not have a chance. Now everybody gets equal i.e no-one really gains and the balance remains.

I think the advantage and point of whaling and krakening has been lost. Nowadays people spending are just dumb because they really gain only little value where as in the past they got OP stuff for money.
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Options
    Whales/krakens need to have advantage...
  • Options

I agree, I'm not a big spender but I should get an advantage over those who don't spend and at the same time be at a disadvantage against those who spend more than me.

They don't release cosmetic things to buy to change how things look so anything bought should help get you ahead of those who spend less.

The current releases are hurting the light spenders. Whales keep on whaling and f2p are happy because they know they are not losing out by not buying anything.
  • Options
    I didn't buy any mod packs when they were around in the past. After seeing all the posts about how great they were, I was eagerly awaiting the day they came back so I could get some. After reading the multiple threads about reduced quality I've decided to save my cash though. I am really disappointed. \sigh

Me too. I was waiting the time i could get a mod pack since i never bought one in the past but i was dissapointed after seeing these messages.
  • Mylion
    62 posts Member
    Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    And then i had to spend 30 minutes deleting all of them one by one because the interface sucks. Let us delete mods before we accept them.

I don't understand this... You know you can select a bunch of mods and sell them all at once, right?

Its because the mods are intermingled with all my good mods. So i have to look at each one and check to see if a keeper. None were. There is no good way to filter by date or age or anything else relevant.
  • Options
    They shifted their business model, they are trying to squeeze as much as possible from the whales+ Who don't care about cost which puts the casual spenders more with the F2P crowd.
  • Mylion
    62 posts Member
    Options
    Im done with the gambling side of this game. Like the pheonix characters 5-30 shards. Well i have them all 7* and how many times did 30 drop...once. Gambling is fine with allypoints and thing you earn it is not ok with money. EA/CG its time to stop
  • Options
    That sucks. What would have been the threshold on the return to consider it value on an investment of $400?
  • Options
    EA needs a (better) liason between the player base and dev team and money team. There is such a visible air of lack of care. These mod packs are a joke what a waste. Bring back the old packs just limit the amount of buys or make it a scaling cost.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    Improvements=less bang for the buck. With the old packs you could've spent 100 and got some great mods, now you spend 400 and get nothing. Cg profits in the end because of you idi0ts.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    one-quarter-portion.gif

One! Quarter portion mods!

Thank you EA, can I have a'notha?
  • Riktoven
    144 posts Member
    Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    one-quarter-portion.gif

One! Quarter portion mods!

Thank you EA, can I have a'notha?

Roflmao
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options

Its because the mods are intermingled with all my good mods. So i have to look at each one and check to see if a keeper. None were. There is no good way to filter by date or age or anything else relevant.

Wow that is impressively lazy. Just click through, highlight as you go, and sell in bulk. Easy.
  • Options
    I maxed out the buys on the speed mods and don't regret it. ...And I'm not a whale or even a consistent spender.

I think people's expectations were out of grasp with reality.
  • Mylion
    62 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Asic wrote: »

Wow that is impressively lazy. Just click through, highlight as you go, and sell in bulk. Easy.

What lazy about it? I have 480 mods not on characters. Add 10 to that then go find them. You have to search or remember 10 out of 490. Come on!
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options

I agree, I'm not a big spender but I should get an advantage over those who don't spend and at the same time be at a disadvantage against those who spend more than me.

They don't release cosmetic things to buy to change how things look so anything bought should help get you ahead of those who spend less.

The current releases are hurting the light spenders. Whales keep on whaling and f2p are happy because they know they are not losing out by not buying anything.

Those who spend should have an advantage over those who don't, but the only advantage they should have should be one that equates to time. Spending money should save you time, but not get you things that other people can't get.

That's the only way to maintain the chance to compete for f2p players in a freemium game. If what is available for money isn't set in some sort of ratio of time to acquire vs money spent, then the game always ends up dying. I know, I've been playing freemium games for over 20 years.

And I am a whale/kraken in this game.

• Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    Im done with the gambling side of this game. Like the pheonix characters 5-30 shards. Well i have them all 7* and how many times did 30 drop...once. Gambling is fine with allypoints and thing you earn it is not ok with money. EA/CG its time to stop

While I don't want to be critical of how anyone spends thier money you do realize that you're the reason they haven't stopped right? Why would they make it cheaper when you're buying everything anyway? If you want them to stop you have to speak with your wallet not the forums.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

And rightfully so on a P2W system.

Post edited by SnakesOnAPlane on
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options

They already do and all the whales in my guild stood away form these packs seeing how much a ripoff they were. One guy spent $250 and got 0 speed secondaries and one five dot mod.

Spending money on refreshes would be a better choice by far.
  • Options
    Tatebomb wrote: »

While I don't want to be critical of how anyone spends thier money you do realize that you're the reason they haven't stopped right? Why would they make it cheaper when you're buying everything anyway? If you want them to stop you have to speak with your wallet not the forums.

I for one don't want them to stop. They lower the prices the more people buy and thus forces people to buy to be competitive. This would kill off strictly FTP players as too many people would have an advantage over them. Thankfully EA/CG grasps this.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    Tatebomb wrote: »

I for one don't want them to stop. They lower the prices the more people buy and thus forces people to buy to be competitive. This would kill off strictly FTP players as too many people would have an advantage over them. Thankfully EA/CG grasps this.

And then what happens when eventually the whales get priced out? F2P is nice and all but they don't bring revenue. More people buying equals more revenue.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options

They already do and all the whales in my guild stood away form these packs seeing how much a ripoff they were. One guy spent $250 and got 0 speed secondaries and one five dot mod.

Spending money on refreshes would be a better choice by far.

How is that possible when they give you a 5 dot every pack?