Since Rey likely isn't a Jedi...

Replies

• Options
    The0n3 wrote: »
    It would make no sense if she's the daughter of Luke or Obi Wan... As Jedi, i don't think they've ever been with a woman...

Hmmmm, Luke AND Obi Wan's daughter. Turns out that never being with a woman was due to another reason...
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Darthpippa wrote: »
    obi wan has been in love before... it is unclear weather they became intimate !

It is clear. Obi Wan stuck to his beliefs in the Jedi Order. Thats why that arc was so important. It shows how above anakin Obi Wan was and how devout he was.
  • Quadratus_Taeren
    34 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Does no one realize that the trailer didn't specifically state that the Jedi were going to end. Luke said things. Everyone says things. Some things are taken back.

Also, I don't think Rey could be another Solo because of the fact that they didn't talk about her that way in TFA. If she was, maybe she was either Leia's or Han's child by another person, and one decided they didn't want to tell the other. Who knows, though. Let's just wait for the movie.
    -- Qui-Lun Taeren --
    Jedi Speed is a Thing!
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    CleverWes wrote: »
    It would make no sense if she's the daughter of Luke or Obi Wan... As Jedi, i don't think they've ever been with a woman...

Hmmmm, Luke AND Obi Wan's daughter. Turns out that never being with a woman was due to another reason...

True... Luke got pregnant before the exile... It makes sense!

EDIT: The ghost of Obi-Wan is the father.
  • Options
    CleverWes wrote: »

True... Luke got pregnant before the exile... It makes sense!

EDIT: The ghost of Obi-Wan is the father.

Better call Maury.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    judging by that thick neck i think Rey has man parts.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

They could say Rey is somewhat "Anakin part 2", made out of midi-chlorians... That's at least acceptable..
    Woodroward wrote: »
    They'd have no reason to do that. Why would they spoil the reveal? Leia may suspect or sense, but she wouldn't say anything. Just like when Luke told her she was his sister, she said she already knew that. But she didn't say it ahead of time.

If it turns out that she's their daughter that will be the lamest reveal in the history of cinema. Leia would've had tons of reasons to tell her. "You know that old guy who just died? He was your father." "Those parents you were waiting for? Oops. Our bad." "Tell your Uncle Luke hi for me." lol I think her lineage will be much more complicated that Leia biting her tongue.

She's Jimmy Smitts's daughter.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    Just tag her overrated.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Mullato wrote: »
    Apparently, Kylo Ren has a "Placeholder" tag (I fuzzily remember seeing it) according to his page on swgoh.gg.
    I'm pretty sure Kylo used to have a Sith tag before all the recent reworks, so it's not so much that he has a placeholder tag, as he was coded with spots for one more tag than he actually has, so it's empty.

Kylo never had the sith tag.
    Funny how I remember seeing it on him then, isn't it?

It is...especially since it's never been the case.
    Says you. I saw it on him. Maybe it was added, and then removed. But he had it.

He was added to the game 12/17/2015
    Here is the link to the character strategy for kylo posted the same day

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1843/character-strategies-captain-phasma-kylo-ren-and-first-order-officer

Here is the image from that link.
    k1zdxyf7eyi0.png

And another user submitted image from 01/28/16
    http://imgur.com/DUKKOX9
    DUKKOX9.png

• Options
    ...and instead will be a "balanced" Force user (per Luke in the EP8 teaser trailer), how will she be labeled when EA/CG finally brings her Force version to the game as a playable toon? Maybe it's time to add a "Force User" tag to this game.

Or maybe that's not Luke's voice because it sure sounded like Benicio Del Toro to me. Just because they matched the sound with the clip doesn't mean that's where it will end up in the movie.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    ...and instead will be a "balanced" Force user (per Luke in the EP8 teaser trailer), how will she be labeled when EA/CG finally brings her Force version to the game as a playable toon? Maybe it's time to add a "Force User" tag to this game.

Or maybe that's not Luke's voice because it sure sounded like Benicio Del Toro to me. Just because they matched the sound with the clip doesn't mean that's where it will end up in the movie.

Exactly!! I myself think that was Kylo's voice.
  • Options
    Nerf... Jedi Rey before she's out because those crybabies who run Chewie CUP mob enforcer magmatrooper and IG100 can't win vs Rey.
  • Options
    It's scary. Rey was most powerful toon in the game back then, and she only had a stick. Can't imagine her with a light saber or a mastery of the force........
  • Options
    Apparently, Kylo Ren has a "Placeholder" tag (I fuzzily remember seeing it) according to his page on swgoh.gg.
    I'm pretty sure Kylo used to have a Sith tag before all the recent reworks, so it's not so much that he has a placeholder tag, as he was coded with spots for one more tag than he actually has, so it's empty.

Someone has been effected by the Mandela effect.
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member
    Options
    There really wasnt much in this trailer to even say how the movie is going to go. I also dont think that luke is training Rey in that one shot it looks like she is just waving around the lightsaber and he is just looking at her from a good bit of distance away. He will probly end up training her but not at that shot. I am also thinking that Luke talking about the Jedi ending is cause of his failure to train a new group of jedi and so he is sulking and talking about it and Rey will have to give him hope and a reason to Find and train new jedi order. Also i think Rey is palpatines Daughter Cause with BF2 coming out and the main story being about a Imperial special forces group i bet they find Rey as a child and deliver her to Jakku at some point in the main story for the game. To tie together the movies books and games.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options

They could say Rey is somewhat "Anakin part 2", made out of midi-chlorians... That's at least acceptable..
    They'd have no reason to do that. Why would they spoil the reveal? Leia may suspect or sense, but she wouldn't say anything. Just like when Luke told her she was his sister, she said she already knew that. But she didn't say it ahead of time.

If it turns out that she's their daughter that will be the lamest reveal in the history of cinema. Leia would've had tons of reasons to tell her. "You know that old guy who just died? He was your father." "Those parents you were waiting for? Oops. Our bad." "Tell your Uncle Luke hi for me." lol I think her lineage will be much more complicated that Leia biting her tongue.

She's Jimmy Smitts's daughter.

i lol'd
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    danrussoa wrote: »
    It's scary. Rey was most powerful toon in the game back then, and she only had a stick. Can't imagine her with a light saber or a mastery of the force........

no she wasn't, she only was for people like you who followed the "the answer is always Rey" crowd.
  • Johntra_Volta
    47 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    You are overthinking it ;)
    It's not like Luke will start to teach her in the 'dark arts' Most likely he will tell her that's ok the to love and be loved. To have a husband, kids etc. To be a good and kind person. Uncle Ben said once 'with great power comes great responsibility' ;) If ppl believe that Rey will suddenly start to use Force lightning or simmiler then well have fun to ve dissapointed
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1843/character-strategies-captain-phasma-kylo-ren-and-first-order-officer

k1zdxyf7eyi0.png

DUKKOX9.png

I don't have images, but I do have a good memory. I saw it on him sometime between December and February.

There's no point discussing this. I remember it.

Does he have it now? No
    Did he have it when added? No, your pictures prove that.

It doesn't prove that he NEVER had it. I saw him with it. They added it, and then removed it. That's why he has a blank tag. It's not in preparation for something else. It was just poor removal.

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

That would be foolish. Good thing no one is suggesting that. Long lost means that NO ONE knows she is their daughter. Not Leia, not Han. The idea is that they've been separated so long that NO ONE knows she is their daughter... Not that they're hiding it.

That would be a dumb reveal, but it's your own idea, not the one being discussed.

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

k1zdxyf7eyi0.png

DUKKOX9.png

I don't have images, but I do have a good memory. I saw it on him sometime between December and February.

Does he have it now? No

It doesn't prove that he NEVER had it. I saw him with it. They added it, and then removed it. That's why he has a blank tag. It's not in preparation for something else. It was just poor removal.

Ah yes, who needs photographic evidence when you have memory of something from over a year ago. If you believe something to be true, it must be right? Physical proof and facts shy in the face of subjective beliefs.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

k1zdxyf7eyi0.png

DUKKOX9.png

Does he have it now? No

Ah yes, who needs photographic evidence when you have memory of something from over a year ago. If you believe something to be true, it must be right? Physical proof and facts shy in the face of subjective beliefs.

Over a year ago? Did you even read the post you are responding to?

I said he had it between 2-4 months ago...
    Over a year ago is FAR outside the time frame I am talking about. What good is photographic evidence of something outside of the realm of discussion?

None, that's what's good.

And AGAIN, I remember what I remember. Once in a great while I misremember, but it's rare enough that I will take it over inapplicable information every time.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

k1zdxyf7eyi0.png

DUKKOX9.png

Does he have it now? No

Over a year ago is FAR outside the time frame I am talking about. What good is photographic evidence of something outside of the realm of discussion?

And AGAIN, I remember what I remember. Once in a great while I misremember, but it's rare enough that I will take it over inapplicable information every time.

I read december through february and naturally assumed you meant 2015-16 because kylo obviously never had the sith tag this year. People would either be in an uproar about him not getting the bonuses from sith leader abilities like zaul and palpatine, or getting the bonuses then having them removed.
  • Options

k1zdxyf7eyi0.png

DUKKOX9.png

Does he have it now? No

I read december through february and naturally assumed you meant 2015-16 because kylo obviously never had the sith tag this year. People would either be in an uproar about him not getting the bonuses from sith leader abilities like zaul and palpatine, or getting the bonuses then having them removed.
    As far as I can tell they removed it from him either right when all the other Sith got reworked, or when they reworked him.

Not sure which, but I'm certain it is one or the other.

So not only do I remember it, it makes much more sense than EA/CG writing in a placeholder tag for him. They've never done that before, why would they for him? When have they ever planned a rework in the original scripting before? That makes no sense. No, it's because they removed a tag from him (the Sith tag).

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    The placeholder tag has been there since before 2017. I think you dreamt it.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

k1zdxyf7eyi0.png

DUKKOX9.png

Does he have it now? No

As far as I can tell they removed it from him either right when all the other Sith got reworked, or when they reworked him.

So not only do I remember it, it makes much more sense than EA/CG writing in a placeholder tag for him. They've never done that before, why would they for him? When have they ever planned a rework in the original scripting before? That makes no sense. No, it's because they removed a tag from him (the Sith tag).

None of that explains the lack of any threads complaining about a Kylo nerf. If CG removed any tag from any current toon, there would be chaos in the forums.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Exactly!! I myself think that was Kylo's voice.

@TheShadow1983 @The0n3 watch the trailer again. Luke utters those words and you can clearly see his lips matching "to end" at 1:40 in. Further:

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/15/15303952/star-wars-last-jedi-luke-end-of-jedi
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options

k1zdxyf7eyi0.png

DUKKOX9.png

Does he have it now? No

None of that explains the lack of any threads complaining about a Kylo nerf. If CG removed any tag from any current toon, there would be chaos in the forums.
    Unless no one ever noticed it getting added, which is entirely plausible considering that everyone says he never had it to begin with. The very first thing I noticed when they reworked the Sith was that Kylo Ren no longer had the Sith tag.

Saying that it didn't happen because there was no public outcry is the very definition of a stretch.

• Options

k1zdxyf7eyi0.png

DUKKOX9.png

Does he have it now? No

Let's put this to a rest (hopefully): @CG_Kozispoon, did Kylo ever have the Sith tag listed with his character in this game, even by mistake or accident? A war is a brewin', and somebody needs to be right. :D

SnakesOnAPlane
  • danrussoa
    964 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    dough wrote: »
    danrussoa wrote: »

no she wasn't, she only was for people like you who followed the "the answer is always Rey" crowd.

I had Rey at level one up until about two months ago. Also, she was the hardest hitter in the game for a good while. Before Mods, before protection, etc. Your entire statement was inaccurate.