Leader Speed Buff is Broken, Seed Bonus is Being Added Twice

Replies

• Options
    Um, wasn't Qui gons leadership already like that before update? Dont forget all the gear/level/star factors. Also depends on poes levels and gear.

Not at all. Qui-Gon's leader ability wasn't working in Arena before the update.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    This is being looked at now, I'll get back to everyone once I know more.

Thank you. Hopefully it's fixed soon.
  • Options
    Is this ONLY the speed leadership buff being applied twice or are all leadership buffs being applied twice?
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    We had someone test it 10 times in a row poe was beat every time. We also saw kit and aayla beating poe which also shouldnt be possible.The only person who should be going first every time is a maxed leia with a maxed ackbar leader. She is the only one currently who should be able to reach turn 6, not QGJ.

That's assuming Team Instinct theory about speed is correct. A Dev said in Reddit that it wasn't. I know it matched reality, but maybe it was coincidental, and something was broken in the game and they fixed it, so it now works as intended.

If a turn 7 Old Ben is working as intended then this changes the entire meta completely.
  • Options
    And as game-breaking as this may be, it's still less game-breaking than Poe.
  • Options
    Nahow wrote: »

No, it's not.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    I really want to know what the speed calculation is, if ours is incorrect.

Look at how many Characters end at 142, or right at 143. Or, are at 120/121 who could get speed leader bonus.

Or look at how many are at 112, instead of 111. I mean, it's apparent from how many of these values are so close to our "turn" guide, that I have a hard time believing we are wrong (let alone the fact that in actuality it seems to play our perfectly).

So, even if we are "wrong", I bet it is semantics. I bet we are close enough that you can trust the data, we just might get to it in a slightly different way.
  • Options
    I have posted about this few weeks ago in GW and while farming maths and no one listened to me. My Lumi went before Leia, Sid etc which wasn't possible unless its more speed than it actually is. Not sure if its double but def more than it is now. In meantime I did upgrade his skill so I need more testing.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/8717/quigon-leader-skilled-is-bugged
  • Options
    Nahow wrote: »

This makes Old Ben a paid exclusive god-like. Seems worse from where I am standing.
  • Ivan_Drago
    639 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

If a turn 7 Old Ben is working as intended then this changes the entire meta completely.

If 1+2>4, then it changes the basics of mathematics completely, not just the meta. That's a bigger problem
  • Options
    We had someone test it 10 times in a row poe was beat every time. We also saw kit and aayla beating poe which also shouldnt be possible.The only person who should be going first every time is a maxed leia with a maxed ackbar leader. She is the only one currently who should be able to reach turn 6, not QGJ.

That's assuming Team Instinct theory about speed is correct. A Dev said in Reddit that it wasn't. I know it matched reality, but maybe it was coincidental, and something was broken in the game and they fixed it, so it now works as intended.

Yea we are sort of in the dark still on speed. However, even if is not 2x speed buff, we think there is some issue there that is causing speed teams to go extremely fast compared to already fast people they should be slower than.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

It depends, if it is a speed overhaul, then "turn 7" might no longer exist. We need to chill and discover what happens, and why, before looking at how it affects the meta.

BTW, it would help A LOT if CG could trust the players and release how the mechanics of the game works. Theey could have 5 million free debuggers and playtesters if they chosed to do so. But as they preffert to remain reclusive and keep secrets about how the game works, we don't know what else is broken.

I mean, Team Instinct seem to have found a bug a few hours after release. Maybe Potency or Tenacity or Armor penetration is being applied twice too... but we can't check, because we don't know how they are supposed to work. Food for thought @EA_Jesse
  • Options
    @CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse please check!!
  • Options
    moongod wrote: »
    If this is true. Please don't fix this. This is awesome. B)

Don't fix a broken aspect? What a **** statement.

Well Poe isn't getting fixed sooooooo
  • Options

Great work on the tests and the analysis! Thanks again!
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    @CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse please check!!

Jesse is already looking into this.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

What do you mean fixed? As of right now, Poe is just another tool in someone's arsenal. A jedi team can be as fast or faster, same with a rebel team. (possibly even an empire team).

While to some degree it is still rock paper scissors, at least it changes up the team makeups.

I think seeing a Han go before everyone is going to scare a lot of people. Not sure I want to devote the resources to get a Rebel team going, but it will be a scary thing if Han goes first and gives your team all that turn meter.
  • Options
    masterring wrote: »
    I have posted about this few weeks ago in GW and while farming maths and no one listened to me. My Lumi went before Leia, Sid etc which wasn't possible unless its more speed than it actually is. Not sure if its double but def more than it is now. In meantime I did upgrade his skill so I need more testing.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/8717/quigon-leader-skilled-is-bugged

GW is different in the fact that each mach is considering a continuation of the the previous fight. So the "who goes first situation" gets thrown out the door in gw.
  • Options

It depends, if it is a speed overhaul, then "turn 7" might no longer exist. We need to chill and discover what happens, and why, before looking at how it affects the meta.

BTW, it would help A LOT if CG could trust the players and release how the mechanics of the game works. Theey could have 5 million free debuggers and playtesters if they chosed to do so. But as they preffert to remain reclusive and keep secrets about how the game works, we don't know what else is broken.

I mean, Team Instinct seem to have found a bug a few hours after release. Maybe Potency or Tenacity or Armor penetration is being applied twice too... but we can't check, because we don't know how they are supposed to work. Food for thought @EA_Jesse

I would really like to know how some of the in-game stats are translated into percentages/actual numbers, however the devs continue to keep this information "hush hush". For what reason, I know not.
  • Options

GW is different in the fact that each mach is considering a continuation of the the previous fight. So the "who goes first situation" gets thrown out the door in gw.

And I'm talking about first fight. Where there is no continuation. First fight, my Lumi went before my Leia. Which should not be possible.
  • Options
    So after they fix this, you can all go back to crying about poe. SMH
    https://youtube.com/user/MurdaDeadpool/videos Subscribe and follow me here teaminstinct.net/ Home to Team Instinct
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »

What do you mean fixed? As of right now, Poe is just another tool in someone's arsenal. A jedi team can be as fast or faster, same with a rebel team. (possibly even an empire team).

While to some degree it is still rock paper scissors, at least it changes up the team makeups.

I think seeing a Han go before everyone is going to scare a lot of people. Not sure I want to devote the resources to get a Rebel team going, but it will be a scary thing if Han goes first and gives your team all that turn meter.
    Stormotrooper now can taunt at tick 7, just like Han (if leaded by Tarkin and Ackbar). Both can affect turn meter when being shot.

• Options

And I'm talking about first fight. Where there is no continuation. First fight, my Lumi went before my Leia. Which should not be possible.

Hmm that is a good point maybe by changing the speed they moved that bug into squad arena. I haven't tested gw nearly as much as squad arena so I really don't know. Something for the devs to look into I guess.

• Options
    Barrok wrote: »

I've been saying it for a while now. Once the speed leadership abilities are fixed, ST Han + Ackbar (L) is going to be a deadly combination.
  • Options
    So after they fix this, you can all go back to crying about poe. SMH
    Nah the speed meta will likely stay. Hell if Yoda is fast enough he'll be able to reduce Poe's turn meter.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Ackbar, Leia, Han, Luke and Hoth Rebel Scout might be a thing. I mean... they could, if QGJ, Ben, Yoda and friends wouldn't strangle the meta with a chokehold :)
  • Options
    I did a couple tests and the first 3 Old Ben went before Poe BUT last 2 Poe got off his taunt before Ben. I would test more if it didn't cost so much to refresh lol
  • Options
    I did a couple tests and the first 3 Old Ben went before Poe BUT last 2 Poe got off his taunt before Ben. I would test more if it didn't cost so much to refresh lol

Did QGJ go before Poe all the time? If so, this is consistent with Team Instinct theory, both the 143+ bracket and speed being added twice.
  • Options

Did QGJ go before Poe all the time? If so, this is consistent with Team Instinct theory, both the 143+ bracket and speed being added twice.

Yes every time
  • D_Millennial
    847 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Yes every time

That's mean's the current speed theory hold ups. Ewokrampage is most likely correct in saying the leader abilities are doubled.