Recent change to Galactic War - open conversation

Replies

• Options
    Hi all!
    I know that GW has made us pulled out our hair, but recently since the last update, I've been able to end everyday the GW. As all of you, I've been so **** off for the high levels and gears of the AI. I can end the 12 nodes by an hour with my main team (of course, sacrificing my other 30 characters...) But I have to say that facing the second node with all level 66 and geared at level 7 with more than 6* each is unbelievable!

I can win just because my main team have 27k of power. But is insane, facing almost every node with teams with that level.

I hope this remain... Or EA can make it a little easier (stopping throwing randomly and very difficult teams), I'm pleased at least, before the last update I couldn't beat more than once a complete GW haha...
  • LukeSkywalker420
    460 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I dont think Galactic War should be easy, but I dont think it should be impossible. I dont think anyone should have to face teams that are more than 5 levels higher unless their gear or star levels are low. But as far as being level 70 and getting someone level 67 and being wiped out (as someone mentioned) that is fair game. Retreat, try different teAm arrangements, etc.
  • Options
    I can't retreat for some reason , not sure how that helps anyway
  • Options
    I feel like what is being g said here is that if the game decides to give you crap luck (enemies resisting debuffs, dodging a kill shot, etc) that you're not meant to find a way around that situation and your just suppose to take it on the chin that you got screwed.

If this is the case, which is what is clearly being said by "random seed" process and CG wishing to change any way you can possibly find your way around a team that is not running on a percentage chance but rather a programmed route because as they said no matter what you do, if you do the same actions you will receive the same results. Meaning: even if it is strategically more sound to take out a Sidious; if you are being screwed by a 100% dodge every time you attempt a certain move with a certain character that you MUST target someone else bc our hit will NEVER hit.

This is a huge flaw in my opinion.

If a game has percentages on skills then the entire game should be based around those percentages. If I were to have a dooku stun resisted by a jedi I in all logic should be able to retreat and try that exact same move and acquire the stun because of the 90% success rate.

No one would actually be retreating for one stun and if they did (because of percentages) it should also make his game not gobthe exact same route as before. Meaning that when retreating you could then possibly help yourself or put yourself in even further of a hole.

This, I feel, would interpret more of a Risk and Reward feel to the retreat feature instead of it constantly supposing to be a helpful tool even though you guys are steadily trying to take away any sort of help it would offer by having a "fixed" series of events that you couldn't possibly change unless you used the team and strategy YOU (CG) are personally pushing for.

Quit putting your guidelines on how to play the game and take off the bumper rails already. Let players head in whichever direction THEY choose.

This^^^

It seems like every match is predetermined. If you bring the same squad in and try to do the same thing...then the damage is exactly the same, the resists are exactly the same the dodges are exactly the same.

So on top of figuring out the right set of chars to bring in to every battle you have to also have to perform everything in the right order.

Everything can be going great, then you get dodged or resisted because you made the wrong move. Basically GW is turning into a memory game. Remember every move you made until things went south, retreat, do the exact same thing over again until you get to the same point in the battle. Try something different, if it don't work, retreat.... Repeat.

I have even noticed that the AI will attack the same space on the board if you switch your alignment around. In other words... If your healer is getting pounded in a certain position... Switch them with a higher hit point character. In many cases they will not target that healer in a different position.

GW has taken the randomness and percentages out of the game. Sure its strategic but it's also very tedious and really doesn't balance with the rest of the game. I always got the idea that GW was supposed to be a challenging fun set of nodes that allowed players to learn how to group their squads and get better at the game. GW is nothing like the other aspects of the game and it doesn't help you get better.

Having to do what a predetermined set of events dictates is ridiculous. I might as well save some time and money and go put together a jigsaw puzzle.
  • Options
    STOP STOP STOP!!!

As the devs said, "not supposed to finish everyday."

Please correct your words!!! GW supposed never finish(Completed) everyday!!!!
    5 days loose at node 9 / 10 or 11!!

Devs? please write something for explain your point of vue...
    Ok you have big UPDATE to prepare.
    Ok you want GW more Harder
    Ok for all.

But, All Lvl Player (50, 60, and also 70) can't finish your new GW!!!
    It's is only Lotery.

Please Capped the Matchmaking (i 'am sure it's not big time to implement).
    We loose many Green diamant! we loose many character scale, we loose time and FUN.

My nightmare Today was:
    Team with 5 lvl70 all was with 7 star, and max gear!!
    I said, ok dev want we try many combo. so i try One special Combo.
    And just the time to retreat (ouf...was a crazy battle, my heart hit speed)
    I said, Ok, another COMBO can be tested! I change COMBO, with my Best BOSS (7 stars Big Gear, 3 health...)
    I start the battle, Lvl70 Poe start, after I can't remember, to many hit on my player, and finish....
    No survival ??? can't retreat, can't test.

THANKS TO ALL DEVs TEAM, for this UNFUNY NIGHTMARE EXPERIENCE!!!! AND NO ANSWER FOR HELP US!!! NO SOLUTION!!!

French Mode (because I am CRAZY):
    J'en ai marre de votre Galaxy War de ****, et de votre non écoute!
    Si vous ne vous bougez pas rapidement! je me casse!!!
    Il y en a marre!!!
    On avait trouvé un super jeu, et vous etes entrain de le détruire!

Bye
  • Options
    If you have a player who is at max level, I think the GW should be as hard as it currently is, but for those of us still leveling, it's something that will push new players away. I started this game a little later than most and I was quite enjoying it. But since the change to make GW harder, my leveling has slowed down considerably. I am constantly fighting teams that average 4-5 levels higher than me with 6 or 7 stars/max skills across the board. IF I make it through, I have to sacrifice key members of my team. Then the next fight I don't have a chance since I only have 5 or 6 characters at my max level.

If I got to the last 3 battles every day, I would have less of an issue, but I am getting blocked in the middle or near the beginning some days, and that just adds a level of unneeded frustration.

As a leveling player, I cannot afford to level all the toons I have unlocked. I have to try to keep a core of 5 or 6 at a minimum for GW, 10 if I want to go through the LS and DS quests. I am looking forward to hitting max level so I can finally level all these other toons I have. And sadly this is slowing down my progress to that point.

It was too easy before...but it is too hard now. The answer is in the middle. Thanks for your consideration on this
  • Options
    I have no more fun completing GW. I'm pretty close to quitting because boredom + frustration = unhappy me.

Even if I complete it, there's no feeling of "satisfaction" of "having conquered something so hard omg". I don't use my brains for a strategy, it's a rinse and repeat and recombine team until the RNG plays in your favour.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    Or give me a sim card for GW. I beat it many times. I've earned this achievement.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    I dunno i havent used retreat function in a week since i started using Lumi as leader.
  • Options
    One random time, I got to battle 8 and I faced team with one, just one!, level 45 character. 5 on 1 lol. The one and only time that happened.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    One random time, I got to battle 8 and I faced team with one, just one!, level 45 character. 5 on 1 lol. The one and only time that happened.

I can beat that, once on node 10(think I was lvl 58) there stood a single FOTP lvl1, 1* gray.
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    I actually like the new GW better than the older version. It's both more fair and more challenging. Thinking the strategy in terms of my entire toon collection gives variety to the game. It means I'm not focusing exclusively on a five toon team, so it takes longer to max it out, while at the same time the rewards help me advance in other areas of the game. I think I'd get bored if I didn't have to continuously add toons to my collection and strategize on who to upgrade when and how. Keep up the good work! :)
  • Options
    I don't mind the retreat changes but the last two GWs I did I've gotten whale teams on the fourth and fifth battles and I'm done. One or two levels higher than me with all six and seven star guys. My B teams can't touch them and my A team might have a single survivor or two.
    I just don't understand how it's gone from being competitive to finish a GW to can't make it past battle six. Is this just bad random luck of the draw? Feel bad I didn't do the 7* Sidious like every single other team in GW.
  • Options
    Finished 10 battles today (I know I will get killed by this OP squad in the 11th) and it didn't drop 1 purple ability mat. Not one!! Spent hours of spare time trying different combos to tear and scrape my way through and I don't even end up with enough mats to upgrade one chars abilities?????

Sorry Devs but this is getting disgusting! The rewards don't even come close to the task. It's like a brain surgeon making minimum wage. Believe me when I tell you that YOU WILL start losing players and money if you don't change something fast. Do you guys seriously not see how out of balance this is?? You need no less than 15 maxed out chars with gear and ability upgrades to fight your way through the labyrinth that is GW (atleast the GW that I'm experiencing) and when it's all said and done we get scraps for rewards. Especially considering what some of us are running into every day!

Exactly how are we supposed to keep up with the game when the drop rate for ability mats is abysmal???? I could fight 10 battles in cantina squad and maybe have it drop one or two. GW is giving out less too. It's a joke!

• Options
    I couldn't agree with you more , we need access to MORE ABILITY MATS!
  • Options
    Ok this is getting beyond lame. Have an alt acct and it just got to lvl 47 and looks like this:

[img][/img]Screenshot_2016-02-09-19-06-44_zpsuw2goxcd.png

on the 10th node I am facing this:

Screenshot_2016-02-09-18-52-34_zpszicxdea7.png

IMHO GW has gotten infinitely more difficult, and smack dab in the middle of ridiculous over the last few days....But John said they were looking into it. Hopefully this gets rectified in the short term.... GW is losing all interest for me.

• Options
    Now it is node 5 and the level 70's are out on the main acct. THIS IS BEYOND STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Node 5 Obliterated my entire bench and squad. I am done...this SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks for ruining the best part of what was once a cool game.....
  • DARTH_TED
    205 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have to agree with several previous posts. It took me a month to beat GW the first time. Another week to beat it the second time but I then rattled off 13 in a row. And then last week changed where I just can't win. I am level 69 and have 2 7*characters. And I am going up against 5 7* level 70 characters by the fourth battle every time now. It's just no fun. I'm OK with challenging and I was completely fine with the rewards for beating it but now I don't even have a chance. If this is intended fantastic just let us know so I can quit. I have not spent thousands but I'm by no means a free to play Player. But this does definitely have the effect of me not spending anymore money because I can't win anything anyway so why bother.
  • Options
    10-4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i hate GW now it sux!
  • Options
    First time I ever did GW, I got through it, it was a bit tough, but I got through it. Now, if I'm lucky I get maybe 2/3 through it, and thats only because there's 1-2 fights that I just throw EVERY character at. I won't mind as long as all GW chests have random stuff, and not just the best stuff at the end, if the chests are randomized, I can live with that.
  • Options
    I thought it was me to , reading posts and different strategies and trying everything , and what's worse is reading how people are completeing all the time since there beginning, are you %>#{} kidding me ! And ya I'm fricken whining , tough )$(;());))()!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I have been able to get through GW every day since the update, thank the maker. The first couple days after the update were a little challenging. After that, I did come across some good teams for a few days that were several levels higher than me and it took me a loooong time to get through the whole thing. Hours! Like someone else said: retreat, rinse, repeat (or something like that). Then it's been smooth sailing since then. I'm level 69 and the last two nodes today and yesterday were teams in the high 50's, maybe low 60's. And I'm not a whale by any stretch. Purchased the heroine bundle for $50 when I first started and another $5 for that crystal package offered back in December. Haven't spent a dime since. It's just so weird how people are coming across some crazy powerful teams and so early too. For me personally, node 10 is usually the most difficult team I come across. I hope this gets fixed soon. It stinks that so many people are getting frustrated, bored, or both.

And in regard to the previous comments about the Level III purple ability mats, I agree that there should be more opportunities to acquire those. Now that many of us are getting up there in the levels, it oftentimes takes 9 Level III mats to upgrade an ability. If you're lucky, it's a day when the ability mat challenge is offered and you can get them and upgrade one ability for one toon. If you're super lucky, you'll get enough from other sources (cantina, GW, etc.) to maybe upgrade one more ability. I have oodles and oodles of Level I and II mats. I understand that we all should have more Level I mats than Level II mats and more Level II mats than Level III mats. The ratios are very skewed, though. Off the top of my head, I may have 2-3 times more Level I mats than Level II mats. BUT, I have at least 50 times more Level II mats than Level III mats. Maybe more. I don't have my tablet right in front of me. Not trying to complain, just an observati
  • Options
    GW is better after the new update!! Thanks EA
  • Options
    HeHateMe wrote: »
    I am rank 5-10 in arena and I can't make it through GW vs lvl 62's. I am 70 with 2600 power. When I go into GW I pray for lvl 70. Anything below a squad of lvl 70 owns me. It's hilarious. Lvl 62 Sid ae my squad for 5k ! With no poogle. Ea wins all ! That's why I will never pay for this game. But will have fun when I quit.

2600 power or 22,000? Doesn't add up. If the enemy is lower level and tou can't pass seek help in the general threads! Your team and enemy team.
    Well my last matchup today was Level 58 and I am level 64. I hope they fix the matchmaking because right now there is zero challenge for me.

It sucks more when you have a wall and can't pass it for days. Sigh. I wish the devs could put those that request it into impossibly hard fight 12 times in a row until they beg publicly and ssk for forgiveness...
    Fantazy wrote: »
    I have no more fun completing GW. I'm pretty close to quitting because boredom + frustration = unhappy me.

Even if I complete it, there's no feeling of "satisfaction" of "having conquered something so hard omg". I don't use my brains for a strategy, it's a rinse and repeat and recombine team until the RNG plays in your favour.

Fantazy, I translate this as it becoming hard and tedious to complete, maybe more than one hour trying variants A, B, ...Z? Or is it too easy?

I think most complaints are about matchmaking. I still have no clue how it works. I was hoovering top 5 for a while, having very hard matches (2 hours)? The slid to 50 and it eazed a bit. Then became more agressive in Arena..got a bit tougher. But lately, it's all Kylo, Sid and other slow chars. I yet to face a Leia, Ben or even full droids as of late. Wishing it stays loke this so I can get to bed earlier. But wondering why for some it's a nightmare.
  • Options
    Well my last matchup today was Level 58 and I am level 64. I hope they fix the matchmaking because right now there is zero challenge for me.

I'm having fish for lunch today. Yesterday, it was tortellini. I mean, while we're posting meaningless white noise that has nothing to do with the thread....

I thought the thread was about galactic war my bad.

You've posted over and over again about how it's not hard for you. You've got a low power team and a lackluster Arena rank, and so you're getting soft balls. Get to 70, star up your top 5, and get into the top 50 on your Arena shard. Not only will you have to beat teams that are as powerful as any on your shard, but you'll have the lovely benefit of facing teams from p2p players on older shards, with 7* Old Ben's and Rey's.

The reason this thread was created was to open a dialog with those of us that are not having it as easy as you apparently are. For example, facing multiple Poe + DPS meat grinder teams that can only be beaten if you've got enough trash to throw at them, and even then, it can still be a crap shoot until you save scum enough to get a set of numbers that doesn't wreck your team. 70 or not, face 3 (or more) of those teams, and you're not going to be able to get any farther.
  • Options
    I hate this update today because the matchmaking has became horrible and awful. I was lvl 62 fighting against a lot of teams >65/66. Pfff.... Where's the balancing????????????? And the fairplay???

GW has been changed to make it impossible?

Please undo this mistake...
  • Options
    Aside from the usual "GW matchmaking is dumb"... why i'm getting shard rewards from the 9th node? Got 1 DV shard, in 10th node 1 JK shard and the usual 1 shard from last node (fives). Never got that, was this a shadow update? Hey, i'm not complaining!
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Today I had the easiest run in like forever, the hardest opponent where two lvl below mine, and the two last nodes where 10&8 lvl below
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Just to say my piece. Its impossible to complete GW for a late gamer like me, facing whales midway through. Having to reset and wait for midnight to reset again.

Forget strategy when opponent's team simply zap my entire team in 4 turns. Not even going into my back benchers. Looks like i'd never get to unlock the achievement for 10 completion. Ju
This discussion has been closed.