Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• Options
    This wins for the most ridiculous/selfish thread possibly ever...
  • THill80
    95 posts Member
    Options
    Yes many now!
  • BSwoody87
    149 posts Member
    Options
    aclbosox wrote: »
    BSwoody87 wrote: »
    Spardog713 wrote: »
    Thanks guys for getting on this right away. You are protecting those of us whom have spent thousands on building specific HAAT teams to earn top tier rewards. Thanks for doing the right thing this time!

Thousands? Dude, get a life. That's really sad....

Look at you being judgmental on how people spend their money.

Well yeah? You're paying for pixels

If you get enjoyment from it then that's all that matters. This is merely a digital form of a hobby, like stamp collecting, comic books, crochet, etc. What hobbies do you have that I can criticize you for?

No there really is no justification for it. Sorry but there isn't.
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    Options
    admiralack wrote: »
    Firstly I think it's important to keep in mind what the stated challenge of the raid is:
    To work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable foes.

Our guild just finished HAAT for the first time this week (without Nutini) and the experience was definitely that we had to work together. I spent a few hours reviewing mods for all our clone teams and making suggestions because I knew it wasn't something I could do alone, so I think that the feeling has been captured.

So why not nerf zKylo too? I have a few hypotheses:
    • Kylo needs his zeta, so it's more of an investment than three gear 8 characters.
    • One person running Kylo still takes a few hours, without auto, to complete the phase. Which is fine if you're doing it once, but you really need a team.
    • (Most Likely) zKylo works in part because the escape is treated as ability, which has its cooldown reset due to his unique. Interestingly, escape is also reset on Lando when he scores two or more crits on his special; fixing this would require rewriting (probably) every event ability. The effort it would require to fix that would be enormous. Fixing Nutini is as simple as changing Nute's leader ability from 50% TM to 45% TM.

But that's just a list of excuses isn't it. It may require a rewrite for this situation but changing it for this would be easy? and also does investing in a single toon over a certain level or certain gear trigger a 'we'll leave that one alone' thing that I'm not aware of? Why make any toons usable at any level beyond max then, because they're obviously only worth anything 7* g11 with a zeta right?

Also, I think the solo aspect of this has been overrated. Many of us smaller guilds that are fighting our way through hAAT aren't also sitting around trying to solo anything. We were already working on the idea that a bunch of us could do this along with our Zader teams and droids, etc - this becomes a new weapon in the arsenal, even with Zylo we have 5 or ) of us do that because it saves time and nobody is a glory hunter.

This gets nerfed, fine. Another tool in the box will appear. Let's see if that gets broken too
  • Options
    tmntguy86 wrote: »
    Hmmmmm.... I think I just had a comment deleted from here. Didn't think I had violated anything. I was trying to edit the wording and now it's gone

I didn't delete anything so it might be in your drafts then or it may not have saved. Happened to me earlier today.
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin1125 wrote: »
    Thats the rumor going around.

So not really then.
  • Options
    HAAT isn't fun anymore, too many teams that do big chunks of damage so just become a race.
  • Spardog713
    215 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thanks guys for getting on this right away. You are protecting those of us whom have spent thousands on building specific HAAT teams to earn top tier rewards. Thanks for doing the right thing this time!

If you get enjoyment from it then that's all that matters. This is merely a digital form of a hobby, like stamp collecting, comic books, crochet, etc. What hobbies do you have that I can criticize you for?

So you should stop playing. Because this game wouldnt exist if it wasn't for the "people who don't have a life" spending on it. So Bye Bye...
  • Options
    Just as the title suggests, this is aimed at the developers and this thread will most likely get taken down but it still needs to be said. Why is this Nute Jawa squad getting "fixed" this quickly when all of those abilities have been in the game for months. We all know it's a nerf at this point and there is absolutely no reason to nerf them. The mechanic isn't breaking anything, it's WAI based on what the description says it will do, and you are being petty because somebody yesterday figured out a way to use the mechanics you made for this game to play the game. Somebody figured out that Nute can make Jawas deal a lot of damage to only half of the Tank Raid, and they are already being nerfed because you failed to stress test every character in this game in every part of this game. This is unwarranted and unprecedented. There is no reason to do so and we all know it. If you are nerfing Nute and the Jawas then you better nerf Teebo in the Rancor Raid. You better nerf Zylo in the tank raid and you better start nerfing these squads the can solo entire phases of both raids because it is unfair to nerf one and none of the others. This "unintended behavior" is also applicable to so many other squads so you've got a lot of nerve to pull this so fast. At least you didn't wait until people farmed them up to nerf them, so thank you for that at least. Get to nerfing guys.

You can put the games key game mode on auto and solo it, of course they were not going to let that fly.

For 2 out of 4 of the raid phases and even then you have to rely on RNG to get results. Plus to top it all off, nothing about what they could do was broken or mislabeled like Zarris and Zader, it was WAI but the devs didn't like how well it was working so they decided to nerf the already terrible toon back into the graveyard.

You could Solo a whole phase of the games key mode with the game on auto. We all know that's not WAI.

So Teebo isn't WAI then? That's been around for about a year now right. He's able to solo **** near the entire raid, and now that Jyn is available, the Rancor Raid is 100% able to be fully autoed. This latest "fix" stopped people from being able to do only 2 of the 4 phases of the raid, and not even the hardest phases of the raid either.

You couldn't put Teebo on auto.

What are you going to do if this stays as is? You'll put it on auto and go back to having nothing to play but a few arena battles and Galactic war. Look at the big picture. If you want the game to still exist they have to have is actively playing it.

I still have to worry about the hardest half the raid you ****. How is that so lost with you. This was an option to beat the two easiest phases of the raid. You still have to worry about GG in phase 1, and the army of Droids in phase 3. They changed it for absolutely no reason. And yes Teebo can still auto the Rancor raid, and with Bistan and Jyn the Rancor will never have a turn with Teebo

Name calling? Classy.

We all know this isn't WAI.

Who is "we" here? Nearly 80% of the playerbase voted and said that they didn't need a nerf. You are in the minority here by a lot. It was working as intended because they were the ones that changed the ability in the first place to give 50% TM. They knew that it would do that when they released R2 but they didn't do a thing about it until Fugo discovered it and went public with the info.

Just because you want it doesn't mean it's WAI. We all knew as soon as the video came out that this wasn't going to last.

If you care about having new content in this game 6 months from now this has to be fixed.

As an aside, I didn't realize you speak for 80% of the player base.

• Options
    People keep mentioning about how this is an attack on creativity and clever game play. I don't want to sound mean, but also keep in mind the clever creative guy that found this doesn't need the damage to finish haat raids. The only ones who truly benefit from this discovery are those that haven't spent the time or money on this game yet and they weren't the ones with the creative genius to figure it out.
  • Tenebris_Fidem
    123 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Lol if you spent thousands on this game and still can't get top rewards even with this strategy available there is something really wrong with the way you play and spent that money. It's one phase so it dies nothing to let ftp take top rewards over guys who have huge rosters.

lol!!! that's exactly what i've been saying!!!

yup, so sad... honestly, i wouldn't want to cross paths w/ this player. you know those people in the movies who would burn their own grandmothers, if not their own mothers, to get whatever they want? i think i just saw where they got the concept...
  • sL_Spinoza
    404 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    nite0wl29 wrote: »
    Oh please...sure money can buy the best teams but obviously money doesn't buy brains. It took a very clever and creative gamer to come up with this "trash squad". If you have that much money to throw away, how exactly does this effect YOUR gaming experience? You're still probably getting the best rewards, right? You must be ranking top 5 in arena, right? But this ruffles your feathers because someone got creative and didn't spend a ton of cash on this squad? What exactly does this hurt: your ego?

How would you use your brain with this team? I ask because if you push the auto button you need much of your brain I'll be worried about you.

I'm 100% F2P, applaud, and applaud those who created the team, was brilliant, he have perceived it.

It is exactly for use the brain that I asked to correct this problem, ok the one who found out the team used the brain and then any noob who does not know how to deal with resource management could solo a whole level of HAAT. Any one without the need to invest in gear, zeta, mods and strategy could make 9m.

If you think that I don't use the brain to look at the my topics, you will see that I have already created a team that many people use today.
  • Options
    yeah just rumors could happen or could not.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon , Just read your post about unintended behavior. The words that caught my attention are "work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable odds". If that is the intended behavior, then it is pretty clear that Nute, a zeta'd Cody and zKylo and the new 'expose' are among toons / actions that are not behaving as you have intended in the raid. These can do large amounts of damage in phases.. above normal limits and circumvent the 'work together as a guild' statement.

I truly hope that your concern is over the function of the raid, not the fact that another team, that is easy to farm for a F2P player, is highly viable for the HAAT raid. And if your concern is over function and intended behavior, then I hope you look at all teams that can do damage large amounts of damage and prevent the entire guild from working together.

If you do the math behind the process, it is still highly RNG dependent (depending on base assumptions of damage, the chance that you solo a raid is 0.15%) because Datcha will come out of stealth at some point (there is about a 2.6% chance of that, which over the number of attacks you need to do, provides the near certainty stealth will break several times). It takes a lot of work to set up the team right in HAAT. It's certainly harder than using zKylo to solo P1.

All I am saying is that if this is considered an issue then other teams and methods that produce 'significant damage' should be treated the same.

First of all false dichotomy.

Second, if you care about them being able to build us new content, this has to be fixed.
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Nickielll wrote: »
    Whazn wrote: »
    Ok guys, after reading nutes description i dont think this team is working as intended, it says the ally will gain 50% tm when stealthed and crit the first time, so the assist shouldnt give tm.

It says each turn, so the assists count. Datcha gets a turn they get 50% each. Scavenger gets a turn, 50% each.

Well I dont believe assist is a turn, for me a turn is when the turn meter of a toon reaches 100% then you will have another turn

I don't believe that's right. Isn't it the same way for toons like Dooku, Sax, 5s etc when they have their counters? I always thought of this as them taking a turn outside of their normal turn
  • Options
    Just as the title suggests, this is aimed at the developers and this thread will most likely get taken down but it still needs to be said. Why is this Nute Jawa squad getting "fixed" this quickly when all of those abilities have been in the game for months. We all know it's a nerf at this point and there is absolutely no reason to nerf them. The mechanic isn't breaking anything, it's WAI based on what the description says it will do, and you are being petty because somebody yesterday figured out a way to use the mechanics you made for this game to play the game. Somebody figured out that Nute can make Jawas deal a lot of damage to only half of the Tank Raid, and they are already being nerfed because you failed to stress test every character in this game in every part of this game. This is unwarranted and unprecedented. There is no reason to do so and we all know it. If you are nerfing Nute and the Jawas then you better nerf Teebo in the Rancor Raid. You better nerf Zylo in the tank raid and you better start nerfing these squads the can solo entire phases of both raids because it is unfair to nerf one and none of the others. This "unintended behavior" is also applicable to so many other squads so you've got a lot of nerve to pull this so fast. At least you didn't wait until people farmed them up to nerf them, so thank you for that at least. Get to nerfing guys.

You can put the games key game mode on auto and solo it, of course they were not going to let that fly.

For 2 out of 4 of the raid phases and even then you have to rely on RNG to get results. Plus to top it all off, nothing about what they could do was broken or mislabeled like Zarris and Zader, it was WAI but the devs didn't like how well it was working so they decided to nerf the already terrible toon back into the graveyard.

You could Solo a whole phase of the games key mode with the game on auto. We all know that's not WAI.

So Teebo isn't WAI then? That's been around for about a year now right. He's able to solo **** near the entire raid, and now that Jyn is available, the Rancor Raid is 100% able to be fully autoed. This latest "fix" stopped people from being able to do only 2 of the 4 phases of the raid, and not even the hardest phases of the raid either.

What are you going to do if this stays as is? You'll put it on auto and go back to having nothing to play but a few arena battles and Galactic war. Look at the big picture. If you want the game to still exist they have to have is actively playing it.

I still have to worry about the hardest half the raid you ****. How is that so lost with you. This was an option to beat the two easiest phases of the raid. You still have to worry about GG in phase 1, and the army of Droids in phase 3. They changed it for absolutely no reason. And yes Teebo can still auto the Rancor raid, and with Bistan and Jyn the Rancor will never have a turn with Teebo

Name calling? Classy.

Who is "we" here? Nearly 80% of the playerbase voted and said that they didn't need a nerf. You are in the minority here by a lot. It was working as intended because they were the ones that changed the ability in the first place to give 50% TM. They knew that it would do that when they released R2 but they didn't do a thing about it until Fugo discovered it and went public with the info.

Just because you want it doesn't mean it's WAI. We all knew as soon as the video came out that this wasn't going to last.

If you care about having new content in this game 6 months from now this has to be fixed.

Who do you think you are? If you can speak for all of "we" I can certainly speak for the 80% of the playerbase that share my view. You're starting to go off on a tangent here with the 6 months garbage, so let's try and stick to the topic, ok buddy. I didn't want Nute because he wasn't up long enough for me to be able to want him. From the videos I watched it was 100% WAI and the devs were the ones who changed his leader ability in the first place so of course it was WAI, they made it that way.
  • Options
    Anakin1125 wrote: »
    yeah just rumors could happen or could not.

Probably not lol maybe another rebels event. ?
  • Options
    Lol if you spent thousands on this game and still can't get top rewards even with this strategy available there is something really wrong with the way you play and spent that money. It's one phase so it dies nothing to let ftp take top rewards over guys who have huge rosters.

yup, so sad... honestly, i wouldn't want to cross paths w/ this player. you know those people in the movies who would burn their own grandmothers, if not their own mothers, to get whatever they want? i think i just saw where they got the concept...

Maybe thousands are no big deal to that dude. Spenders large and small keep the servers up and the devs building new content. They are the reason we have a game to play.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    ABNRAS wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    How is 1 player using 1 character to clear a phase of the Raid meeting the intent of "work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable foes."
    Yet this team that can only solo (haven't seen proof that it can solo p2) the final phase, which you have to work together to get there, doesn't meet the intent?

Yeah I don't like the phrasing for the nerf at all. I'm sure most of the forum expected the devs to respond with a nerf or some alteration to prevent the jawa loop. Clones and Zylo aside, Wonder if Resistance is going to get a nerf too since they can dish out huge damage in P2 and P4 since the recent change.

It's simple - can you put the game's key feature on auto and Solo it?

If yes it will be nerfed (Nutinni, Broken Zader)

If no, it won't be a priority (Teebo, Clones, Resistance)

Oh, is that the litmus test?

It's a mobile game they have to have 2 things - some portion of people spending money and the users engaged while in app to keep the game up and running.

Why are you defending this like your life depends on it?

Ok bro, we get it. You agree with the devs.
  • mazingo
    22 posts Member
    Options
    If in the words of the devs we changed nutini by chaze and raid by arena we would see it also logical?

The two are errors, the difference is that one persists
  • BSwoody87
    149 posts Member
    Options

So you should stop playing. Because this game wouldnt exist if it wasn't for the "people who don't have a life" spending on it. So Bye Bye...

Whatever let's you sleep at night buddy. I blame people like you for all this pay to play stuff and DLC. You're destroying gaming.
  • Options

My Grandmothers are both dead already bud..and clearly you cannot read. Nobody said anything about not getting top rewards. My guild clears HAAT in 25 minutes. We dont need this to help us. It's just about doing the right thing. Clearly EA missed this.
  • Options

Name calling? Classy.

Who do you think you are? If you can speak for all of "we" I can certainly speak for the 80% of the playerbase that share my view. You're starting to go off on a tangent here with the 6 months garbage, so let's try and stick to the topic, ok buddy. I didn't want Nute because he wasn't up long enough for me to be able to want him. From the videos I watched it was 100% WAI and the devs were the ones who changed his leader ability in the first place so of course it was WAI, they made it that way.

You watched that video and thought "wow that's cool, the devs definitely aren't going to nerf this"?
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm.... I think I just had a comment deleted from here. Didn't think I had violated anything. I was trying to edit the wording and now it's gone

I didn't delete anything so it might be in your drafts then or it may not have saved. Happened to me earlier today.

Maybe. Idk how to get to drafts though
  • Options
    I'm just really upset about this nerfing. The Lugo strategy needed lots of hard work in crafting it (Kuddos to Lugo) and RNG if I saw it correctly. It was a refreshing new combination that made it fun to try in HAAT. I honestly don't care about new characters, and I'm beyond enraged about the new Rebel Ahsoka. But that, I've kept quiet about cause I really won't bother unlocking her. But what really really is pulling my hair is the fact that on a SUNDAY developers cared to answer and promised a nerf in the most cocky way possible about something that is NOT BROKEN. Geez... go and fix the stuff that is broken, not a synergy strategy.
  • Options

Who ever claimed to stop getting top rewards? I didn't. I can go mindless Nute team myself and still stay right with everyone else. It's the principle

You said it in the first post.

If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Options

Maybe thousands are no big deal to that dude. Spenders large and small keep the servers up and the devs building new content. They are the reason we have a game to play.

Be Careful here with these comments... Logic is not welcome here
  • Nickielll
    195 posts Member
    Options
    Whazn wrote: »
    Ok guys, after reading nutes description i dont think this team is working as intended, it says the ally will gain 50% tm when stealthed and crit the first time, so the assist shouldnt give tm.

It says each turn, so the assists count. Datcha gets a turn they get 50% each. Scavenger gets a turn, 50% each.

Well I dont believe assist is a turn, for me a turn is when the turn meter of a toon reaches 100% then you will have another turn

I don't believe that's right. Isn't it the same way for toons like Dooku, Sax, 5s etc when they have their counters? I always thought of this as them taking a turn outside of their normal turn

Not for me, turn is one thing and attack is another, like leia can attack 3 times in the same turn, or phasma leader ability that gives an other attack from another toon in the same turn
  • Options
    DeeRod12 wrote: »
    If zylo gets a Nerf I'll want my zetas back :p

If they nerf Zylo, there is no point in me playing this game anymore. I have too much time and money in First Order to see them become even more obsolete.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    ABNRAS wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    How is 1 player using 1 character to clear a phase of the Raid meeting the intent of "work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable foes."
    Yet this team that can only solo (haven't seen proof that it can solo p2) the final phase, which you have to work together to get there, doesn't meet the intent?

Yeah I don't like the phrasing for the nerf at all. I'm sure most of the forum expected the devs to respond with a nerf or some alteration to prevent the jawa loop. Clones and Zylo aside, Wonder if Resistance is going to get a nerf too since they can dish out huge damage in P2 and P4 since the recent change.

It's simple - can you put the game's key feature on auto and Solo it?

If yes it will be nerfed (Nutinni, Broken Zader)

If no, it won't be a priority (Teebo, Clones, Resistance)

Oh, is that the litmus test?

It's a mobile game they have to have 2 things - some portion of people spending money and the users engaged while in app to keep the game up and running.

Why are you defending this like your life depends on it?

Ok bro, we get it. You agree with the devs.

Because they can't have us putting the main game mode on auto. They made the right decision.