Game Crash / Freeze Issues (New Patch 7/3 Related Only) [Mega] -- DEV RESPONSE

Replies

• Options
    iPad mini g1. App is now crashing after finishing 2 galactic war nodes. I haven't been able to finish a ship battle since the update and have fallen from 170 to 383 now. I'm surprised that it didn't die during my rancor attack. I like all the others are frustrated from these problems. Get a fix soon. Because right now, people are looking to quit playing.
  • Options
    Fumanchu wrote: »
    Anyone with this issue may as well just uninstall unless you can live with it never being fixed. If they had any idea of the problem or any intention of fixing it they wouldn't have gone this long with no replies. My guess is they are staying quiet in the hopes of stringing as many people along as long as they can to milk some more money before people give up and leave.

Exactly. The reason nothing is being said or fixed is because it isn't affecting the majority of the player base. It's only affecting maybe 30 or 40 people with IOS. If it was affecting the majority it would have been fixed already. And they ain't saying nothing because they know the new update requires higher spec devices and to say we need a new device when we've used older devices all this time would be bad for business. I'm thinking they just ain't saying nothing and waiting patiently for all the complaints about crashing to just go away and move on. Luckily I have access to a newer iPhone so I can still play everyday, I just can't play on my iPad 2 anymore. Sucks for them cause I'm not buying anything anymore I'm becoming strictly free to play.

For the record it is affecting far more than 30 - 40 people! More like 500 to 1000 people!
    I know of at least 35 in my area! 95 percent of all players don't even bother posting or reading this forum!
    Hopefully they will fix these issues soon!
  • Derkus
    38 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    & again, lost a free win in arena due to lag ... :( I'm hoping too
    iPhone 4 / iOS 9.3.5
  • Options
    iPad 2 ios9.3.5, with wifi connection and uninstall a milion times and the game keeps crashing. i cant play AAT raid, i cant play ship battles, even galactic war crashes after 2 nodes. Im a player since nov 2015 so you can imagine my frustration, please fix it.
  • Options
    I'm just happy to see that the devs know and are doing something about it. I can deal with falling back a little bit as long as I know a fix is coming. It helps that I can manage to get one character into our HAAT raids so I keep getting GK shards...
  • Options
    Two more crashes again in arena and in ships today. I dont even care anymore. I'm numb to it and getting used to falling in arena do to not being able to advance. Thanks for nothing. Awesome game.
  • RogiWan
    97 posts Member
    Options
    Not crashing yet, but very laggy and stuttering, in ships area almost unplayable.
    IOS
  • Options
    For me it got worse.
    I cannot play anything without instant crash.
    Events, Arena, Cantina, Ships, Daily Challenge, Hard nodes, Normal nodes, even GW.
    It always chrashes and I cannot complete any battle.
    Android
    326-221-673
  • Options
    Maybe when they fix this we can all form a guild called "Crash of the Titans"

God know we'll have a lot in common by then.
  • Options
    This is costing me lots of ship battles. Please fix. Playing on IOS 10.3.3 over wifi. Player ID 534-797-237. It would be nice if we could rejoin the battle after we log back in.
  • Gawejn
    1113 posts Member
    Options
    Cant play ships, constant crash. LS9B hard often crush. Bronzium crash. Inventory of toons one crash - this never happened before. Challanges started to crush. Waiting for crush during simming. iOS, iPhone 4 , playing about 6 months, no expieriences of so many crushes before. Was in 100 of ships arena, now around 400 - no possibility to play any fight in ships, no challanges no arena. Frustration. Dont care about ships at all anymore. Probably i will stop to play this game. I dont want to spend my time playing crush game mode. And to add more after crush, i tap iPhone to see if there are some app working and i can see a swgoh operating and what is on the screen? It could be anything what i was doing 10 minutes before. I touch app and it is login again. It seems like there is some service working in game during playing which makes crush.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    I almost feel lucky, because as i lose only 1 or 2 battle per day to game freeze (stuck on encounter-change-screen) ...

Guess, i need to build a squad with 2 gals, a snowman, a guy and a reindeer ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_NotReallyAJedi @EA_MindTricks

Not sure if you guys started to slowly fix things, but when something goes good, I have to share.

Yesterday was the first time in almost two weeks that I was able to battle 10 times in arena without crashing, and battle to my fullest. I was elated. It was like the first time I ever finished first ever.

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic but I just wanted you to know: no crashes yesterday. In either arena.
  • Derkus
    38 posts Member
    Options
    A draw on an easy team ... Really disappointing ... It take 30 sec for 1move
    iPhone 4 / iOS 9.3.5
  • Chun
    52 posts Member
    Options
    iOS iPhone 6, on wifi

Just found this thread, I crash on average twice a day with ship battles. Haven't had a crash in arena, it's just laggy. But ship battles is almost unplayable, when it doesn't crash I get large freezes and constant lag.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder, how long it takes to fix it ... the id!odic app just froze again ... its really annoying!!
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    @Achilles I didn't know you're having problems too, brother.
  • Options
    Moto G (1st Gen) XT1040
    Android 5.1
    Always using WiFi
    I uninstalled and then reinstalled but it just got worst from that point, since the beggining the game crashed after a few hours of battles but now I pray so it doesn't crash in mods management, raids, ships when I just opened the game
  • Options
    Also having lag and crash issues in Ship Arena. Other areas are lag but no crashing...yet
  • Options
    I've got mine crashed yesterday preventing me to get my Zeta challenge complete and now when I've played arena it crashed as well Please Devs fix this app crash mess .
  • Options
    Literally haven't been able to complete any ship events even 1 time since they pushed this patch out.
  • Options
    IPad 2
    IOS 9.3.5
    Wifi
    Have uninstalled - completely re-installed (No fix)

Ship battles have been non-existent since last major update. Before that they would freeze up 70% of the time, but were really lagging. (Really stinks because I have had the ships and crew for the past month to finish the zeta challenge but have not been able to)
    Rancor is slow, HAAT is still functioning, but lags continually throughout the battles
    Have to restart (or it restarts on me) about every 3-4 battle no matter what arena I am in.

I have been reading this thread for a while and I agree with most here. If you are not going to fix, or it is too hard to fix (time-money issue) just let us know so that we know what we are dealing with. It does scare me with the new territory battles coming out that on IOS we may all be left out on the "Dark Side of Hoth"

Communication would be helpful. (More than one post every 2-3 weeks) To let us know if it really is something you are working on.

Thanks for your time and enjoy the game.
  • Options
    Hey all,

We are aware of the crashes and we are working on fixes. Please be patient.

giphy.gif

Not trying to be rude here but us remaining patient on something that has been broken for 3 weeks now as of today is hard to do when this game requires people to log in multiple times everyday to collect energy, get Galatic war rewards, get the highest crystal rewards possible from arena, raids, zeta materials and complete every event that comes around so we can progress our rosters is hindered by the constant crashing that wasn't even an issue until you guys released a update that started all this mess. Our peers, friends, ally's and enemies are progressing more than us at the moment cause they can play without problems while we just sit and wait..hoping for a fix to come along any day..and thinki to ourselves..is this the day the crashing will be fixed? Is this the day the developers will fix what was broken on 6/30? And so far everyday we are dissappointed day after day.

I understand you guys are all busy and all of us that have had to deal with these crashing problems are now ready to enjoy the game like we were before (all this crashing stuff started). Not sure how much more patience us players can have now at this point and if the crashing problems continue any longer I'm also not sure how many of us will actually stay and wait for this fix to come.

Like I said "I'm not trying to be rude" so please don't take it like that..I just love playing this game still after a year and a half and I don't mind spending money and supporting this game and all the developers and I would really like to continue playing and spending money on this game...but this crashing issue needs to be resolved more sooner now than later before the players here patience runs out and people decide to just move on and take their time and money elsewhere. There's a million other games for us to choose from, yet this is the one we all choose. That should mean something to the developers.

I'm speaking for everyone here dealing with the crashing constantly everyday since 6/30.....please fix this soon guys. Please!!!! Also thanks for acknowledging you guys are aware of this and working on a fix.
  • Options
    Yes. Thanks for letting us know
  • Derkus
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Any news ?

- Still can't compete correctly in arena, some of my move take 30 sec
    - Ship battle (Fleet challenge included) --> force restart at the very beginning
    - GW ---> need to restart the game after 4 battle or the game will do it for me
    - Raid still work correctly except a little lag (doesn't matter here, it's annoying in PvP)
    - I tried 9B Light Side Hard and it stopped everytime at 2/3 (Didn't try others)

All starts with the power update, idk what was inside but my poor iPhone 4 don't like it. After that, sometimes it overheats.

I'm a bit worried about new game mode, does it come with more lag or maybe just won't load like my pb with ships.

All I do in this game now is simming :( That's not really the way we can enjoy the game, I think.

iPhone 4 / iOS 9.3.5
  • Jbars
    3 posts Member
    Options
    Can't even sim anymore. Just crashes during the second or third turn. Jeez even typing this takes forever!
  • Derkus
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Jbars wrote: »
    Can't even sim anymore. Just crashes during the second or third turn. Jeez even typing this takes forever!

You mean play on auto ? Because when you Sim, you don't do the fight manually.
    iPhone 4 / iOS 9.3.5
  • Options
    this is the worst example of communication I have ever experienced with a software company.
    Three weeks since ea decided to take a look and still nothing

The July 3 graphic " fix" and the additional backgrounds are clearly the source of the bug.

Your software is no longer working and regardless of your policies there are consumer laws that protect us player/purchasers from a business who isn't maintaining their end of a monetary transaction.

Communication and software fixes are long overdue

• BigSillyPanda
    41 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    They've been "aware of the crashes" and "working on fixes" (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1181925/#Comment_1181925) for months now (just have some patience, search for "ship crashes" in the bugs section, and you'll see that this has been here since ships were [badly] introduced).

They know very well that this is because the game is loading too many complex resources at once, and that it doesn't release many of those resources. And they don't care. The "show pilot's face on the corner" thing was just a big f-u to those of us who don't change tablets every 6 months to keep up with the latest and greatest in tech specs.
    The most recent generalised wave of crashes is just because they increased the game's resource usage even more (or did you think that the more detailed characters and ships appearing at the same time as the crashes was just a coincidence?).

What I don't understand is this:
    - Why not make ships into its own game? In mobile games (and environments), smaller and simpler is often better...
    - Why not reduce the complexity of the models currently in the game? It's not like we're going to notice much of a difference in a 10" screen (or smaller, if you're on a phone)

I fear for the future, and for what new bugs and crashes Territory Battles will bring... :-\

P.S.: When I say months, I'm not exaggerating. This kind of crashes has been here since ships. But, at the time, it only afflicted a "small" percentage of the player base (myself included). The only difference now is that the models used are even more detailed, and a greater percentage of the player base complaining.
  • Options
    They've been "aware of the crashes" and "working on fixes" (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1181925/#Comment_1181925) for months now (just have some patience, search for "ship crashes" in the bugs section, and you'll see that this has been here since ships were [badly] introduced).

They know very well that this is because the game is loading too many complex resources at once, and that it doesn't release many of those resources. And they don't care. The "show pilot's face on the corner" thing was just a big f-u to those of us who don't change tablets every 6 months to keep up with the latest and greatest in tech specs.
    The most recent generalised wave of crashes is just because they increased the game's resource usage even more (or did you think that the more detailed characters and ships appearing at the same time as the crashes was just a coincidence?).

What I don't understand is this:
    - Why not make ships into its own game? In mobile games (and environments), smaller and simpler is often better...
    - Why not reduce the complexity of the models currently in the game? It's not like we're going to notice much of a difference in a 10" screen (or smaller, if you're on a phone)

I fear for the future, and for what new bugs and crashes Territory Battles will bring... :-\

P.S.: When I say months, I'm not exaggerating. This kind of crashes has been here since ships. But, at the time, it only afflicted a "small" percentage of the player base (myself included). The only difference now is that the models used are even more detailed, and a greater percentage of the player base complaining.

I can confirm everythig mentioned above.