The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Algeroth
    51 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I have Veers 5* (slow farming, 21/85) and Snow 6* (nearly 7*, 79/100), both G8. My question is, which one could be gearing priority for fifth spot in team Thrawn (l), Shore, DT, Storm, DN? Is Veers viable even at 5*?
  • Mekic
    8 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone else run zzThrawn and finding that when playing against zDN he ends up cleansing on his first move vs. fracturing?? This **** me off... lol
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Mekic wrote: »
    Anyone else run zzThrawn and finding that when playing against zDN he ends up cleansing on his first move vs. fracturing?? This **** me off... lol

He will use 'Grand Admiral's Command' first and this skill is arguably the best opener in the game. It's the preceding use of 'maneuver' by all Empire units that should **** you off.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Algeroth wrote: »
    I have Veers 5* (slow farming, 21/85) and Snow 6* (nearly 7*, 79/100), both G8. My question is, which one could be gearing priority for fifth spot in team Thrawn (l), Shore, DT, Storm, DN? Is Veers viable even at 5*?

He is a lot easier to gear than snowtrooper
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    This is another comp that's working for me. Was doing reasonable with Veers and Krennic at g10, so decided to push both for g11.

The idea is after DT grenade, Krennic inflict stagger, then Veers with his aeo will make enemy loose 100% TM ( if stagger) and can ability block, thinking of a decent rng.

But the part i love most is after u defeat someone, Veers give offensive up to DT (plus krennic immeasurable power unique), he became a beast and hit very hard. Against a full rebel squad like a Wedge lead, it's a party!!

arena1.jpg
  • Drago
    22 posts Member
    Options
    Sup empire fan guys. I'm looking for an exotic cool-to-play team including Saxon. I was thinking of an zzThranw Saxon Chaze SunFac team. Give me some ideas and returns about this team.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    This is another comp that's working for me. Was doing reasonable with Veers and Krennic at g10, so decided to push both for g11.

The idea is after DT grenade, Krennic inflict stagger, then Veers with his aeo will make enemy loose 100% TM ( if stagger) and can ability block, thinking of a decent rng.

But the part i love most is after u defeat someone, Veers give offensive up to DT (plus krennic immeasurable power unique), he became a beast and hit very hard. Against a full rebel squad like a Wedge lead, it's a party!!

arena1.jpg

When was this picture taken? Veers is gr 8 and when I check your profile, he's gr 11.
    Drago wrote: »
    Sup empire fan guys. I'm looking for an exotic cool-to-play team including Saxon. I was thinking of an zzThranw Saxon Chaze SunFac team. Give me some ideas and returns about this team.

Go full Empire or if you have GK, throw in him with DT instead of Chaze. Replace SF by ISC. Check @Oblivion_1 youtube channel, he's making good videos with Saxon/ISC.
  • Options
    @BulYwif yes u are right, i had Veers ay G8 when put him at arena just to see how it goes. And i got impressed how well his kit fitted my arena squad strategy with Krennic. I guess that took the picture yesterday, around 5pm wich is my payout.

I had the gears so decided to push him for g10, did another round of tests with krennic, then upgraded both to g11. So far doing well.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    @BulYwif yes u are right, i had Veers ay G8 when put him at arena just to see how it goes. And i got impressed how well his kit fitted my arena squad strategy with Krennic. I guess that took the picture yesterday, around 5pm wich is my payout.

I had the gears so decided to push him for g10, did another round of tests with krennic, then upgraded both to g11. So far doing well.

OK. Krennic has a good kit. He's only gr 8 and 4* for me but I have the raid gears to go to gr 10. I have to try him in GW in that combo or maybe with zVeers as lead.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Nobody running RG or Stormtrooper under takin or thrawn lead?

I'm running Stormtrooper under zTarkin.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Options
    @BulYwif if possible continue to farm to push them to 5*, makes a considerable diference from 4*.

But keep in mind that this squad is far from OP! Got to be strategic and have some good rng to work out. I'm trying diferent comps just for fun.
  • DropItLikeItHoth
    140 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    So recently dusted off TFP and inserted into a Thrawn led Empire team. The results have been surprisingly good. Thrawn lead, Krennic, zDT, Shore and TFP. Krennic and Shore are 6* and everyone is G11. TFP goes a ton! Between the TM boosts from Thrawn and Shore and his base speed plus his Unique adding TM he goes back to back most times. Plus with all the Debuffs he hits like a truck. He can usually use maneuver and gain an immediate turn after the cleanse, plus it lowers the cooldown on his AOE. He gains up to 50% TM if everyone on opposing team has a debuff. Gains 15% from Thrawn and 15% from shore when using a special. Not to mention his base speed is one of the highest in the game. You can get him moving faster than R2 in most cases. Holding up on D pretty well and on Offense it's a blast.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Options
    So recently dusted off TFP and inserted into a Thrawn led Empire team. The results have been surprisingly good. Thrawn lead, Krennic, zDT, Shore and TFP. Krennic and Shore are 6* and everyone is G11. TFP goes a ton! Between the TM boosts from Thrawn and Shore and his base speed plus his Unique adding TM he goes back to back most times. Plus with all the Debuffs he hits like a truck. He can usually use maneuver and gain an immediate turn after the cleanse, plus it lowers the cooldown on his AOE. He gains up to 50% TM if everyone on opposing team has a debuff. Gains 15% from Thrawn and 15% from shore when using a special. Not to mention his base speed is one of the highest in the game. You can get him moving faster than R2 in most cases. Holding up on D pretty well and on Offense it's a blast.

Very interesting. Thanks for the info!
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    I played with him too with similar results........ against non Rex lead. In my experience he feeds the enemy team almost as much tm as he himself gains. He's good and the extra tenacity down is great. But his aoe is a downright hazard to your own team vs triple cleanse or even just Rex
  • Options
    Most teams running Rex at the top of my shard are running Rex lead, GK, DN, R2 and Thrawn. No opening taunt means you have ability block target selection. I drop mine on REX and prohibit him from super charging everyone to start match. The buff immunity usually sticks which means Kenobi isn't taunting. Then you pick who to Fracture. The opening salvo can get a little chaotic but once the battle settles in you can really control the pace. I usually have all five toons still standing even with DN on other side.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

I took zTarkin out of my squad and put TFP in his place and tried that exact squad out.

TFP 266 speed.

Fought a typical triple cleanse Chaze team.

Played it on auto. TFP used maneuver first which is kind of lame. He then used his AOE which immediately got cleansed.

The teams volleyed back and forth for a few seconds and then Chirrut one shot TFP.

I still won the battle but TFP didn't do a whole heck of a lot, lol.

EDIT: I tried again against a DN lead team with a killer SA. I expected TFP to get one shot again but it didn't happen.

TFP had foresight up pretty much the whole time and wrecked the other squad. He dodged 3 Electrocutes because of Foresight.

A human player wouldn't have been dumb enough to do that but still, it was fun.
  • mediocreJoe
    110 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I've been running empire for quite sometime and I just can't stop with this team, zzThrawn, zDT,zDK, Shore, Storm. Replacing Storm with zVeers is better on offence but worse on defence. I've thrown the kitchen sink at this with all possible options (just missing ISC at 7*) and by far this is the best empire team for me. I defeat these rebel scum constantly and take first or second daily. #EmpireDidNothingWrong
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @BulYwif if possible continue to farm to push them to 5*, makes a considerable diference from 4*.

But keep in mind that this squad is far from OP! Got to be strategic and have some good rng to work out. I'm trying diferent comps just for fun.

He should be my next farm. For now, on the hard node, I'm on ShT and I finish Ewok Scout just in case. After I switch to Krennic.
    I've been running empire for quite sometime and I just can't stop with this team, zzThrawn, zDT,zDK, Shore, Storm. Replacing Storm with zVeers is better on offence but worse on defence. I've thrown the kitchen sink at this with all possible options (just missing ISC at 7*) and by far this is the best empire team for me. I defeat these rebel scum constantly and take first or second daily. #EmpireDidNothingWrong

I'm also running Stormtrooper but under zTarkin (zeta on the lead). At the beginning, it was to help ShT and his gr 9 (now gr 10) but I let him in my team because he's really a bonus in an Empire team. He's incredibly strong at the start of the battle with the +230% defense at the start of the battle (and his defense up also). His expose is great and with zTarkin, you can have 2 exposes at the same time on a target.
    I'll maybe switch the protection arrow to a speed arrow to make him a mix of defenser and attacker once ShT is gr 11. He's for now modded with CC/CD and protection and it works fine like that.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    I don't remember who ran this team, but I've got a question about P2 AAT with troopers. For now, I can do 1.6M using zVeers, SnowT, StormT, DT and Tarkin.
    I would like to know if replacing Tarkin by Magma would be more efficient for P2 HAAT. My Magma is 7* gr 7 and he needs a lot of Holo projo, Stun Cuffs and Carbantis so I don't want to invest for nothing.
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    I don't remember who ran this team, but I've got a question about P2 AAT with troopers. For now, I can do 1.6M using zVeers, SnowT, StormT, DT and Tarkin.
    I would like to know if replacing Tarkin by Magma would be more efficient for P2 HAAT. My Magma is 7* gr 7 and he needs a lot of Holo projo, Stun Cuffs and Carbantis so I don't want to invest for nothing.

Dunno about P2 but one of my guildmates can do over 3.5 million in P4 with Troopers including Magma.

I can do 2.5 plus with my Troopers but I have Shore in place of Magma.

Our mods are pretty comparable so I would say Magma definitely adds to the damage potential.

He's his second hardest hitter next to Snowtrooper.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

Dunno about P2 but one of my guildmates can do over 3.5 million in P4 with Troopers including Magma.

Our mods are pretty comparable so I would say Magma definitely adds to the damage potential.

OK. I'm running Clones in P4, but I could play them in P2 since I also want to test the troopers in P4. During the topple, I imagine you keep the defense up of StormT or in your case the crit immunity to avoid the massive damage from the air strike?
  • Options

OK. I'm running Clones in P4, but I could play them in P2 since I also want to test the troopers in P4. During the topple, I imagine you keep the defense up of StormT or in your case the crit immunity to avoid the massive damage from the air strike?

You got it. I normally do both as that's an extra 15% TM to help Snow, DT, and Veers to get another turn in during topple.

Also, if i manage to Daze one of the B2's I can also kill one of them right before the topple is finished which gives offense up and TM coming out of topple.

Gotta be careful though, with speed up and all the TM gains can cause DT to move too many times and lose all his buffs before topple finishes.
  • Options
    It's possible to get 5M in ph4 with troopers. One of my guildmates got there. Best I can do is 4.4M. Magma does the 2nd most damage behind snow. I would upload pics, but I'm not sure how. You want crit damage triangles and offense crosses on all 5 if you can.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    @Gaidal_Cain @Mega_Man Thansk for thé info. I think I will give it a go for Magma.
  • Options
    Mega_Man wrote: »
    It's possible to get 5M in ph4 with troopers. One of my guildmates got there. Best I can do is 4.4M. Magma does the 2nd most damage behind snow. I would upload pics, but I'm not sure how. You want crit damage triangles and offense crosses on all 5 if you can.

That may get me to build Magma - I use Troopers in P2 and hit 2 million, but use Thrawn as a lead - my 4th trooper now is Storm, but he's not that great with damage. Having a 3rd strong hitting trooper would help here.

One tip on using Deathtrooper - make him fast and DM the tank after topple - if you hit it with 2 deathmarks it actually stacks, so any subsequent attacks will do 3 damages: 1 for the attack and 2 for each deathmark that is on the tank. Ideally I set it up so Veers calls an assist after the 2nd DM has been applied.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Options
    So I'm sure this question has already been asked I couldn't find it in this thread might have missed it but here goes so got thrawn finally arena viable who are you guys running him with? I put a zeta on his unique did I make a mistake? Also don't have the troopers but I do have dt 5* g10 what's my best line up zader, ep g11 RG dt krennic, tfp g10 currently running rex(l) DN thrawn shore and ep any suggestions
  • Options
    Sith1 wrote: »
    So I'm sure this question has already been asked I couldn't find it in this thread might have missed it but here goes so got thrawn finally arena viable who are you guys running him with? I put a zeta on his unique did I make a mistake? Also don't have the troopers but I do have dt 5* g10 what's my best line up zader, ep g11 RG dt krennic, tfp g10 currently running rex(l) DN thrawn shore and ep any suggestions

Definitely did not make a mistake putting a zeta on Thrawns unique. RG is probably only a decent option if you have a zeta on Thrawns lead. That way his buffs add protection. Even then there are better options as a second tank, GK if you have him.

Thrawn (L), Shore, DT, DN are all given. Last one could be any of the toons you mentioned.
    Zader (L), Thrawn, Shore, DT, DN is a good squad, though I prefer Thrawn lead.
    Rex (L), Thrawn, DN + Chaze or GK or R2 is an excellent squad as well.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Sith1 wrote: »

Keep ShT, he's the best Empire tank. I run zTarkin(L), Storm, Thrawn, ShT, DT. Sometimes swtich EP for Storm.
    I fought a hard team in GW last day, Thrawn(L), GK, DN, DT, ShT all maxed. After several tries, the best team I could put and who beat it was also a Thrawn lead with ShT, RG, DT, DN.
    Thrawn lead with RG and ShT is strong with the protection bonus. RG's passive taunt ensures that the other toons are protected when ShT does not taunt (and he stuns).