• First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    [quote="Vinny_Vader_Vedi;c-1250167"

I was reported for such a comment.
    Pls dont do this.
  • Options
    Down vote = was a suit decision (corporate)
    Up vote = was a dev decision

I was reported for such a comment.
    Pls dont do this.

Ahh. Ok thanks for the heads up. Didn't was braking TOS.

• Options
    I'm farming Lobot for the next hero's journey event. I think he's the only original trilogy character I don't have at 7* (besides the new ones obviously).

Yall laugh now but just wait, Lobot is gonna be that one random character from left field!

I am as well, brocephus. Always have a hard node only hero on the farm.
  • Options
    So much negativity over a game, a free one nonetheless.
    Go enjoy the release guys! It's Friday!
    It will take longer to get ROLO, but she will be ours!

Some of us actually used to pay money to support this game. After purchasing things (Barris, mods, CHS packs, HRSoldier packs), CG/EA continually changes the effectiveness of those purchases - but only after they have our money.

This is not negativity over a game (and definitely not a "free" one) - this being disturbed by the continual and repeated process of being taken advantage of and deceived after spending money in good faith and support. Not only that, but the requests for a reasonable solution fall on deaf ears and any negativity is disregarded and left to drift off into pseudo-nonexistence with promises to "do better in the future."...again.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Some of us actually used to pay money to support this game. After purchasing things (Barris, mods, CHS packs, HRSoldier packs), CG/EA continually changes the effectiveness of those purchases - but only after they have our money.

This is not negativity over a game (and definitely not a "free" one) - this being disturbed by the continual and repeated process of being taken advantage of and deceived after spending money in good faith and support. Not only that, but the requests for a reasonable solution fall on deaf ears and any negativity is disregarded and left to drift off into pseudo-nonexistence with promises to "do better in the future."...again.

And yet, this is the best business model one could come up.

Anyway, if any of the devs post 'We apologize' all of their sins are forgiven.

THAT would be the real indicator of their improvement.
  • Options

Silly me - I always thought it was happy customers and eager players that filled the coffers. :D

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options

Silly me - I always thought it was happy customers and eager players that filled the coffers. :D

coffers... You mean trucks?
  • Options
    EA makes a good use of our money for sure.
    Financing the rebellition and staff...

1v4fbu.jpg
  • Options
    CuKxMgl.gif?s=sms
  • Options
    So firstly the posative, the bundles apart from han shard 5-330, thatas always is a gamble.
    The hoth brothers pack was good value just for the equipment, but was more likly brought though the shards and as many have pointed or stated these would probally have been purchased regardless, which is a testamont to the quailty of the packs.

I like the new game mode and it has a lot of potential, i am disspointed thatthe tag was all your roster is usefull and yet dark side is just a stat dump really.

The negative, so i have made sure to read all the coments and re-watch the videos made by the streamers, which i think has been pretty disgraceful to throw them under the bus as has been done.

I paid close attention for the devolpment build tag, this letter was so small about 20% the size of the smallest other writing on the screen and was so small it even fit underneath the blu border of the game, i wear glasses and it felt like it was on par for the final line of an opticans chart.

If this is going to be a dallback please make it clearer it could cover over the chat, the top middle section, nethier would obscure anything imoportant even if the font was made same size as the buttons font, i hope this information helps us to help you in how thjngs could be easily missed.

In mobile gamers video that has been mentioned the devolper (cited as being a game balance devolper), he was asked about hot rebel solider being made easier to farm as he is a diffcult to farm toon, he advised he was not aware of a pack but could pass the information to the product managment team, to look into options.
    There were no promises or commitment ourside of thier role but this meant the product management team should have been aware of this concern (and more frankly if they could not have firgured this out themselves then i would be worried about how they are reaseach the information in game)

At the end of the video the dev was asked if there was anything he could tell everyone, we new the mode was coming soon, we did not know 1 week away, so being on balance team he shoild have been aware how out of date the screens videos were or it was rushed out when it was not ready and not fully though balance testing...he did notmention anything about this.

Both of these show to myself as others have pointed out the fault did not come from the youtube streamers, but was a problem with commincation between departments interally and thus to the what was passed to the people in the comminty.

And to pour salt into the wound, we had a response about the timeframes almost imediatly as soon as it was raised, this was a thjng that had no parctical money gain, but was done as a gesture that the info could be overwhelming and effect some internationally based guilds.

But where was this proactive concern with what was a signifacnt impact to mission requirements and had people spending money based on the percivied information.

This is why it has recivied such a negative reaction.

Now in terms of long term viabilty and surviabilty of the challange in the mode 7 stars is not unreasonable, but it was the lack of proactive warning for such an important aspect that had effected peoples farming habits and purchases for a whole week, that has riled everyone.

So far the coments we have had in response have not even been good responses to the points made, but very genric statements that i could copy and paste into simular fourm posts in other games and adside from the posters name being different most of the comments would fit right in there, this is why there has been a lot of questioning the validaity of the comments.

I would like to take this moment to thank you for the comments and the gift in lieu of the issues, but they do not ofset the dracture in trust.

And also the message along with the gift was implying for the technical issues, it says nothing about the misinformation.

I really do hope this was all just a geniue commincation issue, that has only seemed this bad because of a simple error, rather than a bait and switch which is from the outside what it seems like.

I am not saying any more rewards should be forth coming, throwing compensation does nothing to repair the trust rhat has been fractured.

What would i like to see to help repair the trust.

1) an apolagie that is more directed to the spefic issues and not genric enough to be copied and pasted to any forum an apolgiy is required

2) an apolagie for the attempt to throw all the blame on the clarity of the game changers video, they were flown in and all the info they were given was controled and vetted, if requirments were not set in stone 1 week before launch, they should have been notified so they could make the retractions statement.
    It was clear from the time of each phase issue being addressed so clearly people where mointoring the forums and information who if notifed coild have picked up on this.

3) this is more a would be nice than something i woild say would be needed to repair the trust, but given hoth rebel scout has 2 hard nodes and 1 store, prior to the new store, hoth rebel solider has 1 hard node and has long not been farmed as he is a long grind for nothing that impressive.
    I would have liked to have seen some ackwoledgement of this by ethier giving him an extea hard node or adding into another avaiable store.
    My ideal soultion woild have been to add into the catina store (or replace hoth rebel scout with solider in the store), your farming for the 2 charthers captain han solo and hoth rebel solider would be a combined grind and not 2 seperate long grinds that may cut into your other devolpment of charthers, but just one extra hard node, plenty of charthers rhat have 2-3 nodes on hard that are not really darmed i am sure, that he could have easily replaced

It is my hope that this post will help spot the errors in commincation that could have been avoided and the sugesstions included will help not just future probelms like this from occuring, but also help repair some of the damage that has been done to the trust.
  • Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    We're truly sorry to have missed your expectation. We did work to distribute HRS shards as a recognition that some players did not see the Development Build or understand subject to change.

No, you're not sorry. If you were, you would simply revert back to the build you promoted in the media section of these forums - you know, the one that had CG_Dan narrating. The one promulgated and promoted by CG_Kozi and other CG personnel on these forums. C'mon man - we're not ****. The CG Developer in the video was asked about the requirements...repeatedly. This has nothing to do with "understanding" - it is simple deception. Period. Calling it anything else is simply a further attempt at deception.

And 30 shards is an insult - compared to the 185 which is the difference between 5* and 7*. You basically just said "Sorry, we changed the requirement...come back in two months."

Not only that, but you changed the requirements AFTER selling packs. I have been around since launch - through Barris-gate, through mod-gate, through pre-craft-gate - but this is an incredibly new low. You and everyone else at CG KNEW that the player base presumed the 5* requirements - it's been all over these forums, on guides and websites for at least a week.

This is, by far, the most underhanded, deceitful marketing ploy I've seen in this game. Several months ago, I was contacted and asked to a moderator on these forums - and I turned it down. Today's decision by you and others makes me glad I did. Because I couldn't stand the thought of being associated with a company that treats their paying customers this way.

EA received an award - back to back years if memory serves. It seems as though many of you learned well from your predecessors.

Logged in after, what is it, almost 6 months now? Just to re-post @Nikoms565 from earlier....

I like my guildies and the game is fine. Clearly enough to keep me staying up to date. TB has been pretty cool so far. But, you know, we really do communicate among us in the guild, and try and be ready for the game, spending a little $ isn't a big deal.

But CG, you gotta stop screwing around. It's like, despite my best efforts to remain engaged with this game, you guys find new ways to make me hate you. And see, it's the inconsistency that gets you, that will remind players EVERY TIME they see it.

"Hey, uh, @CG_Kozispoon, what's up with the 7* requirement among all the phase three 4* requirements? Doesn't really make sense?" "Oh, well, you know, those youtubers!!!!"

giphy.gif

IF it's a 7* requirement, move it to phase 6.... where the 7* requirements are. The glaring inconsistency in phase 3 is what makes you look really, really, freaking bad. It makes no sense on top of how that part of the event has been advertised.

Don't apologize. Dont' pay us off with bribes. Fix it by making it consistent to the phase it's in or, at the very least, by making the Hoth Soldier shards easier to obtain.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    As a resident Dolphin, I'm actually happy about this bait-and-switch. You just saved me a lot of money as my spending days are over. 30 HRS shards are a joke.
  • Options
    We're truly sorry to have missed your expectation. We did work to distribute HRS shards as a recognition that some players did not see the Development Build or understand subject to change.

No, you're not sorry. If you were, you would simply revert back to the build you promoted in the media section of these forums - you know, the one that had CG_Dan narrating. The one promulgated and promoted by CG_Kozi and other CG personnel on these forums. C'mon man - we're not ****. The CG Developer in the video was asked about the requirements...repeatedly. This has nothing to do with "understanding" - it is simple deception. Period. Calling it anything else is simply a further attempt at deception.

And 30 shards is an insult - compared to the 185 which is the difference between 5* and 7*. You basically just said "Sorry, we changed the requirement...come back in two months."

Not only that, but you changed the requirements AFTER selling packs. I have been around since launch - through Barris-gate, through mod-gate, through pre-craft-gate - but this is an incredibly new low. You and everyone else at CG KNEW that the player base presumed the 5* requirements - it's been all over these forums, on guides and websites for at least a week.

This is, by far, the most underhanded, deceitful marketing ploy I've seen in this game. Several months ago, I was contacted and asked to a moderator on these forums - and I turned it down. Today's decision by you and others makes me glad I did. Because I couldn't stand the thought of being associated with a company that treats their paying customers this way.

EA received an award - back to back years if memory serves. It seems as though many of you learned well from your predecessors.

Logged back in after 6 months because I felt this needed a repost from @Nikoms565

Been working with my guild becuase they're good peoples, and the game has it's problems, but in general, all these mobile games have their flaws, so it goes. We do plan ahead and talk and don't mind dropping $$$ for new stuff.

But this is lame. It shows bad faith on the part of CG. It really does. Not the Mods on here, or the CG peoples who have to be customer facing. No, someone decided to pump us.

And do you know how you can really tell. You have Phases 1-6 and each phases star requirements is X+1. So Phase 3 requires 4 star toons.This is clearly set, well thought out, progression so the weakest guilds can do some of this and only the most powerful can actually complete the whole thing. Fine.

So, why is there a 7* requirement in phase 3? Really, it was those terrible youtubers that did! *shakes hand*

No, sorry, this is clear cut management decision. Developers and programmers wouldn't have done something so stupid.

Fix it. Don't apologize, don't bribe us. Fix your latest greatest content by either 1) moving it to phase 6 where it belongs or, at least, making it easier to get some of the shards needed to play the new content.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options

Anyway, if any of the devs post 'We apologize' all of their sins are forgiven.

THAT would be the real indicator of their improvement.

Lol. So anybody making money is deploying "best possible business model". I mean... they have the IP of Star wars. It's almost hard NOT to make money. It is foolish to think running the game according to a freeium model and running it well such as Clash of Clans does would not net EA more money.

• Options
    Craxane wrote: »
    Their responses are the worst part of this. You could at least act like you care. You don't even have to mean it just act like it

Heya Craxane,

I'm sorry our responses aren't meeting your expectations, and if I could make the tone even more understanding I would. There is a symbiotic relationship between Community and Game and we do our best to support both. Again, I want you to know you're heard and we are committed to improving.

I truly wish the text could express the sincerity, but I'll have to hope you can understand our intent and tone.

RT

Well there's an easy answer to that. Get the coders in there and bump it back to the 5 stars that were YOUR message from the start. Simple. You screw up, you own up AND fix it. It's not rocket science.
  • Options
    And the continued silence from the dev team is deafening. Their responses so far have been sad excuses for a response that really only say "We know we can do better now that the community has pointed out where we went wrong." Seriously?

And you can bet if this were my business and I had a forest fire of discontent being spewed at me that all of my people would be at work bright and early and would be addressing the concerns. But they seem content to try to let this one blow over. They tried that with mods and those that were here for that know how that worked for the devs.

Still waiting to see an actual response to the issue from a dev that isn't reading from some script of lines that may work on a ten year old but that any grown adult can recognize as utter garbage.
  • Options
    @PremierVenoth - a repost? Did you mean a respite? And why? ;)

• Options

We can definitely find that dialog with the community. Consternation is not a benefit to the Community or the Game. This has been made very clear, and I appreciate the constructive criticism.

We hear you loud and clear.

Ryan

Then stop placating us after your company's blatant lies and bloody fix it. Rolling back to 5star is the only acceptable solution.
  • Options
    14 pages and All's well
  • Options
    14 pages and All's well

Of course all is well.

685750.gif

CG said so and promised to do better....again.

• Options

We can definitely find that dialog with the community. Consternation is not a benefit to the Community or the Game. This has been made very clear, and I appreciate the constructive criticism.

Ryan

Then stop placating us after your company's blatant lies and bloody fix it. Rolling back to 5star is the only acceptable solution.

This is absolutely the only acceptable solution. I can believe that this wasn't intentional. But now they now, and regardless of intent they fed us misleading information, took in a lot of money from people who we're misled, and now their customers feel defrauded. The ONLY way to fix that is to restore the requirements to what they advertised. None of us will every forget this breach of trust if it isn't handled exactly this way, and no other.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Ryan

This is absolutely the only acceptable solution. I can believe that this wasn't intentional. But now they now, and regardless of intent they fed us misleading information, took in a lot of money from people who we're misled, and now their customers feel defrauded. The ONLY way to fix that is to restore the requirements to what they advertised. None of us will every forget this breach of trust if it isn't handled exactly this way, and no other.

...And yet they act like it wasnt obvious enough...
  • Darth_Neal
    22 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Terrible thing to do to your customers, EA/CG.

If you're not willing to go back to 5* requirements then, as others have suggested, give everyone 100% character shard and gear drop rates for a period of time to help make up for this debacle.
  • Options
    Darth_Neal wrote: »
    Terrible thing to do to your customers, EA/CG.

If you're not willing to go back to 5* requirements then, as others have suggested, give everyone 100% character shard and gear drop rates for a period of time to help make up for this debacle.

Agreed. Or provide the difference from 5 to 7 star. This was an absolute bait and switch on the customer base. If we were told prior to packs being released, would've been a different story. Their response is disgusting.
  • Options

Ryan

I agree but there should be more steps going forward that are forum related. There have been certain issues for awhile and with every promise of things will be better we somehow find ourselves here. Earning trust will take a lot more than just doing what they said what they were going to do. And begs the grand question- are you really sorry or sorry that we raged about it?
  • Options

Ryan

I agree but there should be more steps going forward that are forum related. There have been certain issues for awhile and with every promise of things will be better we somehow find ourselves here. Earning trust will take a lot more than just doing what they said what they were going to do. And begs the grand question- are you really sorry or sorry that we raged about it?

Agreed. Doing what they should have done to begin with doesn't make it all better. You don't get points for doing the right thing after the fact. But that is the only step that will stop the anger, and stop the bleeding. Rebuilding the trust that they just torched will take time.
  • Options

Ryan

Agree. But changing back the requirements would be enough for now.
    (alt. double drops or other real compensation)
  • Options
    More like CG saying

fg8lqn5.jpg

So, they give us 30 free Soldier shards, then realized they cut off an income stream and fewer people will buy their over-priced $60 TB bundle. Can't have that, so raise the Soldier requirement...

SMH

Our reward was really a loss of 155 shards. Yipeeee!
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1707 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    14 pages and All's well

Of course all is well.

685750.gif

CG said so and promised to do better....again.

@Nikoms565 sarcasm....14 pages of "all is well" lol

• Options
    Well if they're going to revert it has to be done today.

There is still time CG to do the right thing. The suits, (the executive producers), involved in making these last minute "business decisions" are eroding our trust in the direction of this game. Many have lost that trust a long time ago, hard to blame them.

Take some responsibility here. It's your game.
This discussion has been closed.