Fleet Store 2.0 is a terrible dissapointment

Replies

• Options
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    skywhopper wrote: »
    I can't believe anyone ever bought gear from Fleet shop or that anyone has "all the zetas I need". We must be playing different games.

Zetas do no good on G8 characters. Fleet was a good, reliable way to gear someone fast. It was an opportunity cost, sure, but it was a valid choice.

What I don't get is the people arguing with the request to restore the option we previously had. Do you just hate your fellow players THAT much? It costs you nothing to support the request.

It's not about hating our fellow players. It's about the fact that these changes go hand-in-hand. If CG chooses to change the fleet shop back to it's previous state, then they will almost certainly change the shard shop back as well.

They make money from people purchasing crystals in order to purchase gear more quickly. If gear was offered in both fleet shipments and the new shard shop, people would have less incentive to buy gear with crystals.

What CG did caters to older players. People who have every character and ship bought from GW, Fleet and Arena. They are allowing players with excess shards and various forms of currency to purchase gear from one shop. I will not support going back to purchasing gear from fleet at the expense of losing the new shard shop. You can't have your cake and eat it too. CG is giving us one or the other most likely, and I'm sticking by the shard shop.

That being said, a few more slots for gear would be nice. They did increase the refresh rate and lower the refresh cost though. That is a battle for another day.
  • Options
    Ehh... I get it. But it also just makes sense that fleet shipments should be for ships and pilots.

It's a little weird that non-pilots are in there, though.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

What I don't get is the people arguing with the request to restore the option we previously had. Do you just hate your fellow players THAT much? It costs you nothing to support the request.

That assumes that having the gear in both places is an option the devs are even willing to consider. I'd be more willing to bet it isn't, and that if all the people complaining successfully get them to change the fleet store back, it will also result in them changing the shard store back.

This. If the option is between the two old stores and the two new ones (and it likely is - it's about overall game economy), the new stores are my preference - by a significant margin.

Gear is cheaper and just as quick.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

That assumes that having the gear in both places is an option the devs are even willing to consider. I'd be more willing to bet it isn't, and that if all the people complaining successfully get them to change the fleet store back, it will also result in them changing the shard store back.

But if that's the option, either the old version of shops, or the new version of shops, in order to maintain economy, then I want the new shops. It's better for me and my position in game.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    So its weird because you quoted half of my post. See in bold. I said in 3 lines the same thing you said in a paragraph. 600 fleet currency for 5 mk10 hololenses is a better deal than 250 shard currency. Now, shard shop is better because it takes currency from everywhere (as previously stated in bold). So I can compare it really.

Yeah, I read what you wrote and quoted the part that didn't work because that's the only part I had issue with. I don't know why this is so hard to understand.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This. If the option is between the two old stores and the two new ones (and it likely is - it's about overall game economy), the new stores are my preference - by a significant margin.

Completely false. With the info I have so far cuffs from the Shard Store can fall in one possible slot. It shares that spot with several other gear pieces. So math says you won't get more than one opportunity to buys 6 cuffs every day and a half. RNG being what it is some may get it more often, while others will go a week without seeing them once. If anyone has screen shots of cuffs dropping in multiple slots then show me. Otherwise feeling that this helps the gear crunch is irrelevant. It's a math problem, and math doesn't care what people feel. You won't average more than 4 cuff pieces a day out of the Shard Store without spending crystals to refresh as it is.

And again, that is not to disparage that change. I love that they added gear there. It's basically free for long time players. But the devs didn't say that was a replacement for the gear in the Fleet Store. And if it is... WHY? Nobody has give me an answer as to why that isn't totally baseless. As I pointed out above, gear from the new shop is a trickle, and nobody has given any evidence to the contrary. I totally agree that there is other good stuff in the Fleet Store, so it wasn't an unlimited free cuff factory. It was a tough decision that needed to be weighed by each individual. So the idea that having both will "flood the gear market" is silly. It's complete baseless nonsense.

So again I come back to why can't we have both? Having both isn't going to drop 20-30 full cuffs in my lap instantly. If we have both we can both benefit from the trickle of free gear from the new Shard Store. And we can both decide for ourselves how to use our Fleet Currency. You can chose to stick to Zetas if that's best for your situation. I can chose to buy gear if I don't have enough geared up characters to put Zetas on.

Still nobody has given a good reason for why the Fleet store needed to be gutted. All I'm getting is "I like this other store better" which is your preference, and doesn't mean it needs to be inflicted on me. Or they "feel" that the system as a whole is better. Well nobody has proven to me with anything factual that cuffs/guns can pop up in more than one shared slot in Shard Store. And even if it does the benefits differ from person to person. It's not objectively better in any way that anyone has given me evidence of.

I'm not trying to get anything taken from you if you like the new store. I love the new store. I would actually like to see it expand. Add a few more gear slots for cuffs, guns, and holos. But when I want to discuss how something that was hugely beneficial to me was taken you, and quite a few others want make sure it stays gone by saying your subjective preference is all that should be allowed. I'm glad you have a great new feature you enjoy. I'm sorry you don't think that I should be allowed to keep a feature I've benefited from for 9 months.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I'm sorry you don't think that I should be allowed to keep a feature I've benefited from for 9 months.

Sorry, I have to laugh at this. You want gear so you can use your zetas. Well you had your multiple gear stores. and guess what you did? You just hoarded zetas.

You think the change is "totally baseless". I think you're mad because you screwed up.

• Options
    Asic wrote: »
    You lost me at "my favorite game mode TB". This rant makes no logical sense.

I'm sorry I lost you there. I do love the new game mode, and the devs added tons of great changes to it with this update that show that they listen to us, and are trying to make the game better. I just hate this one change to the Fleet Store.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you don't think that I should be allowed to keep a feature I've benefited from for 9 months.

Sorry, I have to laugh at this. You want gear so you can use your zetas. Well you had your multiple gear stores. and guess what you did? You just hoarded zetas.

You think the change is "totally baseless". I think you're mad because you screwed up.

I don't have any Zetas I want to spend on currently. Why does that make you laugh? I am trying to gear up all of Phoenix for TB which requires 0 Zetas. Then I want to gear up R1 for TB which can actually do just fine without any, but I plan on putting the Zeta on Jyn's lead. The other Zetas are very unimpressive. So that's 10 characters I want to gear up for TB, that only need 1 zeta ability.

Also I fail to see how I screwed up by not plopping bad Zetas on bad toons indiscriminately, and wasting them. I have more Zetas than I need. How is that a screw up? And you still haven't given a reason why taking away my choice for how to spend Fleet currency is beneficial.
  • Options

Completely false. With the info I have so far cuffs from the Shard Store can fall in one possible slot. It shares that spot with several other gear pieces. So math says you won't get more than one opportunity to buys 6 cuffs every day and a half. RNG being what it is some may get it more often, while others will go a week without seeing them once. If anyone has screen shots of cuffs dropping in multiple slots then show me. Otherwise feeling that this helps the gear crunch is irrelevant. It's a math problem, and math doesn't care what people feel. You won't average more than 4 cuff pieces a day out of the Shard Store without spending crystals to refresh as it is.

And again, that is not to disparage that change. I love that they added gear there. It's basically free for long time players. But the devs didn't say that was a replacement for the gear in the Fleet Store. And if it is... WHY? Nobody has give me an answer as to why that isn't totally baseless. As I pointed out above, gear from the new shop is a trickle, and nobody has given any evidence to the contrary. I totally agree that there is other good stuff in the Fleet Store, so it wasn't an unlimited free cuff factory. It was a tough decision that needed to be weighed by each individual. So the idea that having both will "flood the gear market" is silly. It's complete baseless nonsense.

So again I come back to why can't we have both? Having both isn't going to drop 20-30 full cuffs in my lap instantly. If we have both we can both benefit from the trickle of free gear from the new Shard Store. And we can both decide for ourselves how to use our Fleet Currency. You can chose to stick to Zetas if that's best for your situation. I can chose to buy gear if I don't have enough geared up characters to put Zetas on.

Still nobody has given a good reason for why the Fleet store needed to be gutted. All I'm getting is "I like this other store better" which is your preference, and doesn't mean it needs to be inflicted on me. Or they "feel" that the system as a whole is better. Well nobody has proven to me with anything factual that cuffs/guns can pop up in more than one shared slot in Shard Store. And even if it does the benefits differ from person to person. It's not objectively better in any way that anyone has given me evidence of.

I'm not trying to get anything taken from you if you like the new store. I love the new store. I would actually like to see it expand. Add a few more gear slots for cuffs, guns, and holos. But when I want to discuss how something that was hugely beneficial to me was taken you, and quite a few others want make sure it stays gone by saying your subjective preference is all that should be allowed. I'm glad you have a great new feature you enjoy. I'm sorry you don't think that I should be allowed to keep a feature I've benefited from for 9 months.

Agree 100% with everything said here. Would love old fleet store and new shard store to coexist
  • Options
    Krokovich wrote: »

Agree 100% with everything said here. Would love old fleet store and new shard store to coexist

Thanks for the support. I know I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    JR - there are 60+ zeta spots as I type this. Are there better choices for zetas than others? Yes. But you told us you've got 115 zetas unused, that's almost 6 character spots worth. I don't know how many zetas you have used so far, but unless you've zeta'd about 20 characters already I'm not sure what indiscriminate, bad choices you're talking about.

You've been playing since the beginning and it sounds like you're a hoarder. You made your point in the big mega thread. That didn't satisfy you so you had to start your own thread saying the same freaking thing. Saying that "I don't like it" 1,000 times doesn't make your point any stronger.

• Options

The reason is the Devs decided that would be too much. Like it or not, they felt this was an improvement without breaking the games economy.
  • Options
    Its my opinion that they rolled out this change a bit too hastily. While they've added some pilot slots and good pilots,I think it would have been a good idea to remove a few of the gear slots, keeping the cuffs/guns/cabs slots and removing the super expensive raid gear. Then, when they're ready to release the new materials, switch the gear slots then. It would have also given more time to evaluate the effectiveness of the gear in the shard shop.
    While I like Shard 2.0, I feel it needs some tweaking (more slots, especially one dedicated to guns/cuffs/cabs/holos) and in the meantime the removal of gear has left a temporary shortage for some. I've bought 2 packs of cuffs since it was released, and that's all I've seen.
    But I fear that the new farming of cuffs is meant to primarily be the 20 packs in Shipments, and it corresponds with the removal of the booster a little too conveniently for my liking. Hopefully there's some tweaking coming soon, and we can all discuss Shard 2.1 and Fleet 2.1.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Careful what you say here.
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

The reason is the Devs decided that would be too much. Like it or not, they felt this was an improvement without breaking the games economy.

Not sure the devs said that. It's a reasonable conclusion, but maybe not telling us what you think the devs 'felt' would be better.
  • Options
    cheaper and easier gear to get.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

I acquired 18 cuffs, 6 stun guns and 12 carbanti within 24 hours of the change. That's much faster than I have ever been able to acquire that gear before. Now, I admit, when it first dropped, I did pay 25 crystals each for 2 refreshes. It was a new feature - treat yourself!

In terms of the math, keep in mind a few things:

1) The new shards shop self refreshes once per day than the fleet store. That's 7 more refreshes in a week...more than 2 days worth. It's also half as much to refresh for the first two times (and if it refreshes every 6 hours, unless you are desperate for gear right now, I can never see a point when you even need to refresh- let alone more than twice.

2) Fleet is the only place you can acquire zeta's - and gear there was much more expensive per currency (let's not do the silly "character shards" thing again) and it funneled currency away from much needed zetas. Much needed for most players. I realize you said that situation doesn't apply to you, but for most players that have been playing for a while, that is not the case.

In terms of you argument that "Why can't we have both?" That's a strawman argument. I have never said we shouldn't nor has anyone else - the devs did by virtue of the fact that they changed it. Obviously, both would be better. But I and many others have stated repeatedly that given the choice of the old combined system and the new combined system, we prefer the new.

As to the developers' reasoning, we have no idea. Arguing that point is silly.

As I stated above, I have acquired many more cuffs, carbanti and guns buying them from the new Shard Shop than I have prior to it. The new system gives you more control with refreshes more often, less expensive refreshes and cheaper gear in the new shard store.

But we're talking in circles. You keep insisting that it's less gear, when I already have more than I would have under the old system - as have many others. As such, I will trust my own experience over hypotheticals. You keep insisting that no one wants both, when that is patently false, and a position no one has taken...save for the developers by virtue of the fact they took gear out of fleet. Everyone would be fine with both.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Forums are failing when people comment on essays from people who write essays about essays they didn't read.
  • Options

... But we're talking in circles...

Got to agree here. ;)

As for your analysis, I also agree, but JR has the freedom to express his own concerns to CG.
  • Options
    JR - there are 60+ zeta spots as I type this. Are there better choices for zetas than others? Yes. But you told us you've got 115 zetas unused, that's almost 6 character spots worth. I don't know how many zetas you have used so far, but unless you've zeta'd about 20 characters already I'm not sure what indiscriminate, bad choices you're talking about.

You've been playing since the beginning and it sounds like you're a hoarder. You made your point in the big mega thread. That didn't satisfy you so you had to start your own thread saying the same freaking thing. Saying that "I don't like it" 1,000 times doesn't make your point any stronger.

I think I laid out why I hate it pretty well. You can chose to ignore that. And yes, I do hoard a bit. But I've burned through most of my gear, and lost my favorite place to purchase my two most needed pieces. So now I can't gear fast enough to ever need the Zetas I have. And nothing that has been added is going to end that need which I proved with math.

And I agree that there are tons of Zeta opportunities. But many are junk. Stormtrooper, Farm boy Luke Lead, Ventress lead, and unique. Garbage Zetas. I stated above I want to gear up Phoenix and R1. Phoenix has no Zetas, Zeta Jyn's lead looks good, but I find K2's Zeta to be unimpressive. So 10 toons to gear with only one Zeta I find any value in among them.

And the big megathread was the, "the Shard Shop is great" thread. I don't disagree that it's good, or think it should go away. I want a thread to talk about how the Fleet store was made worse. Those threads got shoved in the Shard Store megathread all day which totally shut down any constructive conversation because that turns it into an argument over which is better. I would like both, and don't understand why we can't have both, or why you think your choice needs to be inflicted on me. If you want to spend every Zeta, and buy nothing but Zetas in the fleet store you can still do that even if gear is there to. What I want doesn't hurt you.

But you have decided that nobody could possibly have a situation different than yours, and you want to make sure something helpful to me, and others never returns. Why exactly? I want you to have the new changes to the Shard Store if you like them, and to have a great conversation about that in the other thread. I want to put my criticism for the Fleet Store changes in a separate thread so it doesn't get confused for a condemnation of the other store, and so I can avoid an argument about which is better.
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

But you have decided that nobody could possibly have a situation different than yours, and you want to make sure something helpful to me, and others never returns.

No, I haven't said that. I haven't implied that. I don't care if there are two gear stores. I don't care if there are 500 gear stores. I don't care if there is one gear store. I don't care how you or anyone else plays the game. I go with the parameters the game gives me. When those parameters don't meet my satisfaction, and/or when I get bored, I'll quit the game. How on earth am I "making sure something helpful" to you never returns? Seriously. I'd like to know where I just got this almighty power.

All I can do is read what you write here and go with that. And what you write is confusing.
    I have 115 Zetas just sitting there. I need gear so I can have somewhere to put them.

I'll say it yet again - when you had the Fleet Store option you still sat on zetas. You've got almost 6 unused zeta spots. How many zetas do you have on characters now? 1? 5? 15? 30?

Then you wrote that you're working on characters now that don't use zetas. OK fine. Can you give evidence that the new Shard Shop on its own is not providing players the same opportunity for gear? It hasn't even been up and running for a week. From the new Shard Shop I've got 2 cuffs, 2 guns and 2 carbantis in 3 days, and I haven't checked every six hours. I don't know if that rate will continue, but is that not even comparable to what you were doing before the change?
  • Options

But you have decided that nobody could possibly have a situation different than yours, and you want to make sure something helpful to me, and others never returns.

No, I haven't said that. I haven't implied that. I don't care if there are two gear stores. I don't care if there are 500 gear stores. I don't care if there is one gear store. I don't care how you or anyone else plays the game. I play by the game's parameters. When those parameters start to hinder my gameplay, and/or when I become bored, that's when I'll quit. So far that has not happened. How on earth am I "making sure something helpful" to you never returns? Seriously. I'd like to know where I just got this almighty power.

All I can do is read what you write here and go with that. And what you write is confusing.
    I have 115 Zetas just sitting there. I need gear so I can have somewhere to put them.

I'll say it yet again - when you had the Fleet Store option you still sat on zetas. You've got almost 6 unused zeta spots. How many zetas do you have on characters now? 1? 5? 15? 30?

Then you wrote that you're working on characters now that don't use zetas. OK, fine. Can you give evidence that the new Shard Shop on its own is not providing the gear at a rate that was comparable to before the change? It hasn't even been running a week. In three days I've gotten 2 cuffs, 2 guns, 2 carbantis and I haven't even checked every six hours. Is that worse than before the change? I wasn't keeping track before so I can't answer that question. All I know is that I'm not upset with what I've gotten so far.

In five minutes I've got another refresh. We'll see what happens.
  • Options
    Make that 3 stun guns, 2 cuffs and 2 carbantis in three days. I've gotten other gear also, it's just that those three are much-needed.
  • Options

... But we're talking in circles...

Got to agree here. ;)

As for your analysis, I also agree, but JR has the freedom to express his own concerns to CG.

Absolutely. That's what forums are (supposed to be) for.

• Options

I acquired 18 cuffs, 6 stun guns and 12 carbanti within 24 hours of the change. That's much faster than I have ever been able to acquire that gear before. Now, I admit, when it first dropped, I did pay 25 crystals each for 2 refreshes. It was a new feature - treat yourself!

In terms of the math, keep in mind a few things:

1) The new shards shop self refreshes once per day than the fleet store. That's 7 more refreshes in a week...more than 2 days worth. It's also half as much to refresh for the first two times (and if it refreshes every 6 hours, unless you are desperate for gear right now, I can never see a point when you even need to refresh- let alone more than twice.

2) Fleet is the only place you can acquire zeta's - and gear there was much more expensive per currency (let's not do the silly "character shards" thing again) and it funneled currency away from much needed zetas. Much needed for most players. I realize you said that situation doesn't apply to you, but for most players that have been playing for a while, that is not the case.

In terms of you argument that "Why can't we have both?" That's a strawman argument. I have never said we shouldn't nor has anyone else - the devs did by virtue of the fact that they changed it. Obviously, both would be better. But I and many others have stated repeatedly that given the choice of the old combined system and the new combined system, we prefer the new.

As to the developers' reasoning, we have no idea. Arguing that point is silly.

As I stated above, I have acquired many more cuffs, carbanti and guns buying them from the new Shard Shop than I have prior to it. The new system gives you more control with refreshes more often, less expensive refreshes and cheaper gear in the new shard store.

But we're talking in circles. You keep insisting that it's less gear, when I already have more than I would have under the old system - as have many others. As such, I will trust my own experience over hypotheticals. You keep insisting that no one wants both, when that is patently false, and a position no one has taken...save for the developers by virtue of the fact they took gear out of fleet. Everyone would be fine with both.

I've gotten cuffs once in 3 days. My experience is that it's horrible. However the facts are that it's better than my personal experience suggests, but worse than yours.

Also the Fleet store had 4 slots that cuffs/guns could land in. The Shard Shop has one. So that's 12 opportunities a day to get them from Fleet to 4 in the Shard Shop.

And again I don't even want to compare them or have or have to talk in circles, because I want both. And I have been told repeatedly that I shouldn't have any complaints because the other store is better. Every time I tried to say I want both I was told I shouldn't. I have been told flatly that one is all we need. That's in black and white all over the place. That sure seems like I'm being told people don't want both. I started a seperate thread just so I could not have to talk in circles with people talking about a different subject.
  • Options
    Hopefully the devs decide on some form of middle ground which doesn't favour long term players over us newer guys. Until then, zetas it is...

Favour long terms player is good, make new player life harder is garbage
  • Options
    I agree with the author; the new fleet store is horrible, it really burdens the middle of the road players and newer players.
    Btw I disagree with the author about TB, they are boring and horrible and a very bad idea for the game.
  • Options
    I agree with you completely. It was the best store for me to get stun guns, cuffs, and others. I have all the characters from fleet store. Now i just end up with a bunch of useless fleet tokens because there is never anything for me to purchase in that store except zeta. The challenge provides enough zeta but stun guns and cuffs are the worst to farm.
This discussion has been closed.