Guild Vs. Guild... Who asked for more content?

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Dayma wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    i personally think GW is the most fun mode in the game, so i actually don't want even 1 broken node (wich i unfortunately do have).
    I'm interrested in the statement i quoted though, can you please elaborate?
    Well, if you really want to know you can still pm me I will explain it but if you can't "undo" it so once its broken its "forever" until the game release another update for toons.

i'm not interrested in doing it myself, but you're making seem so easy to do that it sparked my curiosity. As far as i know, breaking 3 nodes is rather difficult to do. Just farming a resistance team and slapping a zeta on Finn seems like an easier option than trying to break 3 nodes with aproximately the same end result.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Gone are the days when you could play this game for an hour and log off until the next day.

Raids take time. Galatic wars takes time. TB takes time.

Even when I'm not logged into to game I have to go to google docs and edit spreadsheets just so a guild can keep track of who is doing what.

EA/CG wants people to log in more and more multiple times a day cause the more you play they hope you will be enticed to spend$$$$. Which is why I beleive they continue making more time consuming content along with event after event after event.

You want to blame EA/CG for your choice to make spreadsheets and for your choice about how much time you spend on an app game?

37K11AQ.gif
  • Options
    I like the game, I don't care for how time consuming it has become but I'll still play it.

I wouldn't mind it being less time consuming though. I used to play a lot of different mmorpgs and those types of game can require the player to spend multiple hours a day in order to get something done. So I'm kind of used to long game time sessions.

I figure with Swgohs..i probably spend about 2 hours a day if I have to add up the time it takes to do GWs, Raids, TB, daily challanges, and all the multiple logins a day to collect energy and check all the shipments for the shards and gear I need.

I switched from PC games to mobile games for the convience and to not have to be so tied down to a game for hours everyday on end. For me 2 hours a day isn't really bad for a game...but any longer can be a bit much when playing a mobile game...at least in my case it is. It's kinda getting to the point of me just hitting the auto battle button just so I can log off.
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Options
    Its more annoying that new content is just being bombarded out while the current content isnt even working properly, each week there has been major bugs with TB that's affecting the score of guilds. Fix what you have, dont release more content fast in a broken state
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    People have been asking for Guild vs. Guild since guilds came out. Timing just seems strange, their feature release cadence has been very uneven this year. Barely anything in the first half of the year (marques, new heroes, QoL), now an onslaught of new features within a very short timeframe. I suspect that's why some players are feeling a bit fatigued from all the news.
    I'm excited to see the new GvG and DS TB, just hope they do another QoL to balance it out a bit (such as removing challenge timers, more sim tickets / day).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Manny415
    322 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I have over 2.2 mil gp. If guild v guild goes actives ill quit the game. Why? Kuz this will be like arena. Strong will stay strong and weak will stay weak.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Manny415 wrote: »
    I have over 2.2 mil gp. If guild v guild goes actives ill quit the game. Why? Kuz this will be like arena. Strong will stay strong and weak will stay weak.

uh, if that's the way you feel, why play this game in the first place? Pretty much everything in this game makes the best better with more rewards.
    I'm not sure yet how it's going to work, but i assume guilds with higher GP will get better rewards from winning. Mainly because it wouldn't make sence that if a 10mil GP guild who wins vs a 8mil GP would get the same rewards as a 140m GP guild who wins vs a 138m GP guild. Just like tier 1 rancor doesn't give the same rewards as tier 7 rancor.
    Other than that i think all guilds have a fair shot at winning a guild war, provided that the matchmaking mechanisme doesn't suck.
  • Options
    Guild vs. Guild will result in a more significant shake-up and restructure of guilds than Territory Battles did (and continues to do) depending on what GvG rewards are and if they're needed in order to succeed in arena.

Basically, the only reason to try to keep up with everything is so that you can continue to do well in arena, so you can continue to get more crystals, so you can continue to do well in arena...

TB rewards are an example. Higher TB performance leads to Gear 12 rewards faster. If GvG rewards confer a similar sort of benefit, particularly at the high end, then more GP-diverse guilds will get blown apart.

My opinion - this is bad for the future of the game, as the guild experience has been one of the things that has kept me playing, and I haven't been around all that long compared to many.
  • Options
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    Gone are the days when you could play this game for an hour and log off until the next day.

Even when I'm not logged into to game I have to go to google docs and edit spreadsheets just so a guild can keep track of who is doing what.

EA/CG wants people to log in more and more multiple times a day cause the more you play they hope you will be enticed to spend$$$$. Which is why I beleive they continue making more time consuming content along with event after event after event.

You want to blame EA/CG for your choice to make spreadsheets and for your choice about how much time you spend on an app game?

37K11AQ.gif

I'm not blaming EA...nor am I at all mad about the game taking up time..it was simply a post made from my view and experience with the game this far.

Not every comment on the Internet is made from a passive/aggressive nature.

From your comment I take it you didn't comprehend what was being said in the first place.
    Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you
  • Options
    TB is boring, long and time consuming, the rewards are the only reason to play it and one of the major reasons so many guilds are struggling to keep the good players.

Someone told early in this thread to cut it in a half, that would be ideal, 3 days is more than enough.
  • Options
    The thing that annoys me is that I know the main reasoning behind adding all this new content is simply to make players have to commit to playing longer so that it can be touted how long the average playing session is.

I mean I am probably a dolphin and have spent consistently throughout the 1.5+ yrs that I've played and the time commitment to the game keeps going up and up.

My only hope is that both territory battles and the territory wars run in a rotation and that none of them run concurrently. If that's the case, then I would be fine with that. Although I get a sense some people around here would probably prefer it all running at the same time. :)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    KyloRey wrote: »
    The thing that annoys me is that I know the main reasoning behind adding all this new content is simply to make players have to commit to playing longer so that it can be touted how long the average playing session is.

i highly doubt that is the main reason. One of the reasons, probably. Main reason, unlikely.
  • SWGAMER6
    539 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

37K11AQ.gif

I'm not blaming EA...nor am I at all mad about the game taking up time..it was simply a post made from my view and experience with the game this far.

From your comment I take it you didn't comprehend what was being said in the first place.

ZWpP0Xl.jpg

I don't have enough time....cry, cry, cry

Give me a break
  • Options
    Why are people complaining about more content? I appreciate it. Although it's starting to become a bit overwhelming. I wish they'd soften GW so I don't have to waste an hour trying to beat node 12
  • Options

37K11AQ.gif

ZWpP0Xl.jpg

I don't have enough time....cry, cry, cry

Give me a break

Good contribution
  • Options
    DarkLord7 wrote: »
    Why are people complaining about more content? I appreciate it. Although it's starting to become a bit overwhelming. I wish they'd soften GW so I don't have to waste an hour trying to beat node 12

Read the thread and find out
  • Options
    Matke wrote: »
    Naw wrote: »
    I don't see how it actually concerns you as you have little to no connection with new players as somebody who has 2m GP.

I am concerned as a guild leader who has so far accepted players with as low as 800k GP. With GvG we probably need to clean the house, which is not really a good thing for new comers. If you think the game can survive just with old whales you are mistaken.

800k GP is maybe low compared to high end players with 2-3m GP, but it's generaly midrange in player maturity. For a f2p reaching 800k is about 6 months of work, and that's already much time spent on a mobile game. Also, players with 800k GP are regularly hitting heroic Rancor and if in a good guild, getting Kenobi shards as well. These guys objectively aren't new players.

The only real bottleneck which game imposes on players is the gear bottleneck, everything else flows steadily overtime.

And again, I don't think we should be concerned about new players as their contact with older players is fairly limited. EA knows what they're doing when it comes to money and playerbase. And when it comes to accessibility to new players, I told you, this is a freemium game model and never in this kind of games things are easily accessible. You pay to pass the grind easier.
    Naw wrote: »
    You are basically complaining without any legitimate reason just for the sake of complaining, like 80% of other people here.

That's why there is a long thread of the game not being newbie friendly. Ignore that and this game will dry out.

That will affect all content as it's not worth spending resources to a stagnant game. This is my worry where content generates a huge gap between the old and the new. It's not like Arena where you are pitted against your contemporaries.

Sorry, I don't agree with the game being newbie unfriendly. There are loads of content for new players. Not everything should be that easily reachable.

As I stated above, the only real problem a player can have in this game which is not easily overcomed is gearing. I think this is the place where they actually have the least understanding for players for some reason, but if you exclude that aspect of the grind, everything else is very easy to come by for literaly no money if you spend enough time (except some exotic toons which is okay).

It isn't really debatable this game isn't new player friendly. New players won't find a guild Worth anything for six months at least. They are useless for haat, tb, and GvG. I'd never recommend somebody to start this game.
  • Options
    Staubie12 wrote: »
    If gw was fixed and raids tweaked you wouldn't see it as empty. G v g would be ok if they would eliminate tb but whoopee we get a whole 4 day break, scrap tb it doesn't work
    Raid will never be tweaked and I would add :
    - Rancor is full auto in less than 6 minutes for a full SOLO.
    - HAAT can be SOLO with 4 teams by a single player, so just TAG 0 if you dont have time to play it, someone else will.
    GW : if you play it smart you will always have the node 9 / 11 / 12 broken ; with the first 5 being "trash node" too it makes GW being like 2 "hard fights" and full auto the rest.
    So yea this game has too little to offer right know even TB is way to short in term of "playtime".
    As for "Fleet Arena" I was already doing all 5 fights / day for the Achievements so no change in this.
    aeaswen wrote: »
    WE GET IT! Resistance teams! However, most don't have it. To ask people to spend 2 to 3 months to gear a full squad, zeta finn, and 10 million credits to level them up to beat the worst part of this game is obnoxious. I honestly don't care if I beat it every day. I do care it takes 20-30 minutes for me to even get to n11. It is boring, unexciting, waste of time. GW is the single biggest reason I play less and less each week.
    Resistance... you should have done it since March when they were king in HAAT... even more since the episode 8 is coming close. Well your failure on this, they are KING in GW since the Zeta came in SWGOH so don't blame anyone for being "bad" at planning your farm. (Plus gear 8 is enough on them for TB & GW so not that much of a "Gear hurdle".

6 minute auto. Lol. I've done it several times. It's at least 15. You are so full of nonsense, it's unbelievable.
  • Options
    If gw was fixed and raids tweaked you wouldn't see it as empty. G v g would be ok if they would eliminate tb but whoopee we get a whole 4 day break, scrap tb it doesn't work
    - HAAT can be SOLO with 4 teams by a single player, so just TAG 0 if you dont have time to play it, someone else will.
    GW : if you play it smart you will always have the node 9 / 11 / 12 broken ; with the first 5 being "trash node" too it makes GW being like 2 "hard fights" and full auto the rest.
    So yea this game has too little to offer right know even TB is way to short in term of "playtime".
    As for "Fleet Arena" I was already doing all 5 fights / day for the Achievements so no change in this.
    WE GET IT! Resistance teams! However, most don't have it. To ask people to spend 2 to 3 months to gear a full squad, zeta finn, and 10 million credits to level them up to beat the worst part of this game is obnoxious. I honestly don't care if I beat it every day. I do care it takes 20-30 minutes for me to even get to n11. It is boring, unexciting, waste of time. GW is the single biggest reason I play less and less each week.
    Resistance... you should have done it since March when they were king in HAAT... even more since the episode 8 is coming close. Well your failure on this, they are KING in GW since the Zeta came in SWGOH so don't blame anyone for being "bad" at planning your farm. (Plus gear 8 is enough on them for TB & GW so not that much of a "Gear hurdle".

6 minute auto. Lol. I've done it several times. It's at least 15. You are so full of nonsense, it's unbelievable.

Why do u even still play the game? I get venting but u have post several post and or comment which basically amounts to u being unsatisfty w the game in general except the forum. Stating an opinion is one thing beating a dead horse is quite another your opinion is dead wrong new people coming to this game receive quite a lot quite quickly.
  • Options

Why do u even still play the game? I get venting but u have post several post and or comment which basically amounts to u being unsatisfty w the game in general except the forum. Stating an opinion is one thing beating a dead horse is quite another your opinion is dead wrong new people coming to this game receive quite a lot quite quickly.

I am pretty much retired. Getting thrawn because hell, figure I should. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on new player thing. Been playing nine months and still wouldn't be on interest to a major guild, even with cls.
  • Options

I am pretty much retired. Getting thrawn because hell, figure I should. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on new player thing. Been playing nine months and still wouldn't be on interest to a major guild, even with cls.

Start your own w like minded people and build the guild that way
  • Options

Thank god they will add guild wars, i was about to quit the game due to how boring TB is

Agreed
  • deadeye
    61 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    What is wrong with "having" to play a game you already presumably like to play more than you already play it? Are you not enjoying just simply playing the game?

Emphasis on the word having, because you don't have to play the game, unless you want to constantly stay at the elite level and if you do want to play at that level, then you should naturally be required to spend the most time playing. I mean that is pretty much the general rule of everything in life, right? Those who spend the most time doing something are usually better than those who spend less time doing it.

Why on earth would you fault the developers for adding more content to the game lol?
    Post edited by deadeye on
  • Options
    Disagree with OP. I like the new content. Just remember: if the game is no longer fun for you, it's ok to take a break, either from certain aspects (maybe GW?) Or from the game as a whole. In addition, the devs ARE responding to the burnout from TB by making the cooldown between them 4 days. That seems like a fair amount of time to take it easy.
  • Options
    It's humorous how many people feel a duty to do 100% otherwise they have to quit. You don't even have to play the game.

Spent a good chunk of the game satisfied with sub-50 arena rank, only doing GW 1/3 the time other than for the daily, and ships sub-250. Didn't care, didn't feel like it. Hasn't affected me at all. I spend more time now, get arena/ship rank 1 with ease.

TB is quite boring, so bring on something else.
  • Options
    Disagree with the OP. I think the game needs more content. But it needs more content that can be played when the players deceide they want to play. Adding additional difficulty levels for the existing lightside/ darkside / cantina missions with slighly increased dropchances is an example for content I would like to be added. And it wouldn't be a difficult task to imlement it. A full fledged story mode would be preferred, of course. About guild wars ..well we have to wait and see how it's done.

I pretty sure the game will die if they don't frequently add more content. Most paying players have to work for their money and when they spend it on a video game, they expect fun and entertainment in return. Playing the same content every day does hardly qualify for fun and entertainment, at least not for me.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yes the game is becoming too time consuming. Many people cry for more content, but these are a vocal minority who spend a lot of time on the forum and play the game 24/7. If you're playing the game 24 hours a day, then yeah, there won't be enough content but that's how the game was when most of us started playing. You could log in 10 minutes a day and do your dailies, no problem. Now it's taking more time each day, sometimes hours. I don't even bother with GW but TB is an obligation and a very time consuming one. It would be even worse still with 12 hour phases.
  • Options
    Olga wrote: »
    Yes the game is becoming too time consuming. Many people cry for more content, but these are a vocal minority who spend a lot of time on the forum and play the game 24/7. If you're playing the game 24 hours a day, then yeah, there won't be enough content but that's how the game was when most of us started playing. You could log in 10 minutes a day and do your dailies, no problem. Now it's taking more time each day, sometimes hours. I don't even bother with GW but TB is an obligation and a very time consuming one. It would be even worse still with 12 hour phases.

I put a zeta on Finn and my resistance team easily takes down GW and guarantees me 6/6 on a LS Combat Mission in each phase. They aren't even high level: mostly G8. If you want you can throw them into HAAT raids too for unrivalled damage. Makes things way smoother each day.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

you're pretty active on the forum for a retired player, why care so much?