Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    The last two Cantina nodes are empty. I think the vets go there. Panic farm with cantina refreshes sets the registers ringing.

if they go that route for both the forums will erupt in a rage unlike anything anyone has ever seen.

Rage for cantina nodes?? Better than hard nodes.

Those Cantina nodes are really no better than a hard node. You can expect 1 shard per refresh from them. They are more expensive than hard nodes.

Why nobody else has figured this out is beyond me.
  • Options
    The last two Cantina nodes are empty. I think the vets go there. Panic farm with cantina refreshes sets the registers ringing.

if they go that route for both the forums will erupt in a rage unlike anything anyone has ever seen.

Those Cantina nodes are really no better than a hard node. You can expect 1 shard per refresh from them. They are more expensive than hard nodes.

Drop rates on cantina nodes for shards are 33% - just like everywhere else. Not sure why you feel the need to shovel misinformation.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    I'll tell you one thing for sure. Poe won't even be one of the required five to unlock Rey Kenobi.

Poe doesn't even know why he is even in the Star Wars movies and is confused by his screen time.
    I round his role to be aproPOE. See what I did there?
  • Options

I get a way better drop rate than that.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    I'll tell you one thing for sure. Poe won't even be one of the required five to unlock Rey Kenobi.

Poe doesn't even know why he is even in the Star Wars movies and is confused by his screen time.

Well they have said that he was originally supposed to die in the Tie Fighter crash.
  • Options
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    Maybe the Falcón as well. Who knows. But I def see a vet smug panic farm coming. As was predicted.

Im already mentally prepared for requiring the veterans with some outrageous pack to buy but if they require the falcon aswell.. I will be shocked & appalled, the likes no one has ever witnessed

I wouldn't. They added falcon to tier 5 hard nodes quite some time ago. I am already 43/80 for the unlock. If you haven't been farming it you probably should.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

On the low energy cantina nodes I get pretty good drops.

However on the 16 energy nodes, I completely agree. I'd rather refresh a hard node than refresh attempts at those things.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Drop rates on cantina nodes for shards are 33% - just like everywhere else. Not sure why you feel the need to shovel misinformation.

Because it's cool to be a negative Nancy on these forums
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Jouh
    64 posts Member
    Options
    I feel sad that we now have a situation where everyone think we need Veteran Han and Chewie. This had proved most of us had a poor perception of EA and this game is designed to use such events to grab money.

The hero event suppose to give us players, whales or FTP to have good gaming experience and reward us with a highly desirable toon. I am sure EA had the best intention for the players but it will be disappointing if it turns out that we need Vet Han and Chewie, which at this point, u need 40k crystals to farm them.

EA can redeem its reputation by using existing toons that can be farmed other than from shipments, like CLS. There are enough Legendary events where gamers need to pay money to get the toon. I really hope this is not the case for Hero Journey events.
  • Jouh
    64 posts Member
    Options

Why nobody else has figured this out is beyond me.[/quote]

You can only do max. of 5 hard node a day unless you use refresh while there is no limit on cantina nodes. The drop rate is about the same because there are times when u can get 5-8 shards in one cantina refresh.
  • Options
    Jouh wrote: »
    I feel sad that we now have a situation where everyone think we need Veteran Han and Chewie. This had proved most of us had a poor perception of EA and this game is designed to use such events to grab money.

The hero event suppose to give us players, whales or FTP to have good gaming experience and reward us with a highly desirable toon. I am sure EA had the best intention for the players but it will be disappointing if it turns out that we need Vet Han and Chewie, which at this point, u need 40k crystals to farm them.

EA can redeem its reputation by using existing toons that can be farmed other than from shipments, like CLS. There are enough Legendary events where gamers need to pay money to get the toon. I really hope this is not the case for Hero Journey events.

Theyll be farmable before the event. Even if otre not long.
  • Options
    I don't know why everyone feels they need to get this new rey toon now. If some people can't, oh well, get it next time. F2P should know how this works by now, they don't give the best stuff away for free. This should be known by now. The ones willing to pay up front, will be able to plain and simple.
  • Options
    CLS was/is awesome and he made Rebels the best we've seen them (and that's a lot of rebels). With Lightsaber(?) Rey being released in the same event as CLS, one could think she will be the catalyst for a focus on the Resistance alongside the current trilogy. Rey is the "hero" for the current films and Luke for the originals, so...
    My Question Is:
    Who's gunna get the Hero' Journey from the prequel trilogy?

• Options
    Davius wrote: »
    My Question Is:

Maybe Anakin but instead it will be his fall to becoming Vader?
  • Options
    You better believe you going to need bb8, han, chewy I'm sure you noticed how much they're popping up in the stores that is not for no reason
  • Options
    What we all have to remember is that this franchise is being managed by a large corporation. Disney didn’t pay $1B for the love of the franchise. The parent company could care less whether any of us has an “enjoyable experience” only that we’ll continue to pump money into this game. Therefore, there is absolutely no way Rey is the only character requirement. Too easy. Where is the money in that? I’m willing to bet that the veteran smugglers will be required at 7*. Rey will be OP (see CLS) so a select group of whales will spare no expense to get her. Casual players will probably drop money on packs and refreshes in vain without a snowball’s chance in H**l of getting her. Panic farming is the whole basis of this cash cow. Until that cow drops dead, they will milk all of us for every last cent. Given that the Star Wars franchise has survived for over 30 years, that there bovine is still plenty healthy.

Game theory says that if everyone cooperated and remained f2p, then we would all win... but whales are going to ruin it for everyone as per usual.
  • Options
    Jouh wrote: »

Theyll be farmable before the event. Even if otre not long.

I think this is a spot on observation though.

I'm F2P. The last Legendary event didn't have outrageous requirements, all toons were farmable (with the exception of R2) for long before the event started, Vet Han and Vet Chewie are not.

Even if you are prepared for BB8 again (if they give us a shot before Rey's legendary to get him again), you still have to figure out how you're going to farm for these two before the event starts. I dont see how this event can work without those two, I'm short characters on my possible list:

Rey (scavenger)
    Finn
    BB8

Those are the only ones she really interacts with outside of Han and Chewie. I dont think Poe really counts unless you have a Poe & Finn escape portion which makes little sense.

IDK I'm already prepared to miss on this. Really sad because I got CLS as a F2P.
  • Options
    Yup, sucks I won't 7* Rey like I did CLS as a F2P. CLS was a breeze to get compared to the Phoenix like farming for Thrawn, which is what I figured would be the case as soon as BB8 came out. Oh well, atleast I've had time to emotionally prepare. Hope Rey isn't as gamebreaking as CLS was.
  • Options
    Jordy_Rain wrote: »
    What we all have to remember is that this franchise is being managed by a large corporation. Disney didn’t pay $1B for the love of the franchise. The parent company could care less whether any of us has an “enjoyable experience” only that we’ll continue to pump money into this game. Therefore, there is absolutely no way Rey is the only character requirement. Too easy. Where is the money in that? I’m willing to bet that the veteran smugglers will be required at 7*. Rey will be OP (see CLS) so a select group of whales will spare no expense to get her. Casual players will probably drop money on packs and refreshes in vain without a snowball’s chance in H**l of getting her. Panic farming is the whole basis of this cash cow. Until that cow drops dead, they will milk all of us for every last cent. Given that the Star Wars franchise has survived for over 30 years, that there bovine is still plenty healthy.

Game theory says that if everyone cooperated and remained f2p, then we would all win... but whales are going to ruin it for everyone as per usual.

I would just like to point out that if everyone was f2p, there would be no game. Whales, dolphins and even guppies pay so the f2p player has a game to play. You should be thanking those who spend their disposable income to support the game - not subtly insulting them.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

If everyone was FTP, this wouldn't be a game. So be thankful...
  • Options
    My Question Is:

Could be General Skywalker? Sith Anakin? Uhhh...I mean it’s obviously anakin. The one I’m curious how they’ll do is Jedi Luke. It’ll probably be some mess of an event, harder to prepare for than even these hero’s journeys. I bet it’ll be some Ultra Legendary event that requires the most outrageously powerful, top notch characters.
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
  • Options
    My Question Is:

ok, so maybe a Villian's Journey?
    I can see that becoming a thing... maybe
    "Qui-gon, A Force Ghost's Journey" lol
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    CLS was/is awesome and he made Rebels the best we've seen them (and that's a lot of rebels). With Lightsaber(?) Rey being released in the same event as CLS, one could think she will be the catalyst for a focus on the Resistance alongside the current trilogy. Rey is the "hero" for the current films and Luke for the originals, so...
    My Question Is:

The prequels have no heroes
  • Options

I get a way better drop rate than that.

Not on the 16 energy nodes. No sir.
  • Options

Don't be a kitten, do the math. You will see.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    My Question Is:

The prequels have no heroes

Ouch. (This is one of my favorite posts)
  • Options

I would just like to point out that if everyone was f2p, there would be no game. Whales, dolphins and even guppies pay so the f2p player has a game to play. You should be thanking those who spend their disposable income to support the game - not subtly insulting them.

I agree. Perspective is everything. But this cash cow won't die anytime soon, these guys are in it for the long run.
  • Options
    I see the thrawn event is on the 23rd and i would like to know how long is should take to get my phoenix toons ready. As of right now ezra is almost 4 stars at g7, sabine at 4* at g7, zeb at 4* g5 at g5 kanan at 3* at g5, hera at 3* at g5 and chopper at 2* at g3. Ive shifted all my farming to get them at the rate im going will i be ready to unlock thrawn? Should i stop after i get them all to 5 stars? Or should i try for 6* stars and what gear should i get all them to. Thanks for any advice or info.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I don't know about the rest of you but I'm pumped waiting for the SWGOH black Friday sale coming up. Gonna line up at midnight for my Chewie and porg shards.
  • Options
    Are you asking us to do simple math for you? And look up the numerous posts on the issue for you?
This discussion has been closed.