The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    zhtd17 wrote: »
    Gawejn wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »
    melisa wrote: »
    @zhtd17 very misleading video. You have on avarage +15 more speed on every character than the CLS team. You have obviously superior mods so you can win on full auto. Such videos just give other players wrong impression how good empire teams are and then they wonder why their teams get can't do the same.

If you have both GK and Stormtrooper it is easy just to try both in arena and keep the one it the team which you like more. In my case it's GK. One advantage I can see stromtrooper has over GK is that you can keep him on gear level 11 and he'll do still fine while GK needs to be on level 12 ideally with at least 2 ArmaTeks equiped.

Thrawn lead is not a matter os speed. It's a matter of TM gain based on debuffs. This is why Thrawn led teams are good. Except my Thrawn at 262, all my arena toons are between 205 and 215 speed, so less than R2, CLS, Leia, or even Han.

Don't underestimate the TM gain.
    Gawejn wrote: »
    melisa wrote: »
    @zhtd17 very misleading video. You have on avarage +15 more speed on every character than the CLS team. You have obviously superior mods so you can win on full auto. Such videos just give other players wrong impression how good empire teams are and then they wonder why their teams get can't do the same.

If you have both GK and Stormtrooper it is easy just to try both in arena and keep the one it the team which you like more. In my case it's GK. One advantage I can see stromtrooper has over GK is that you can keep him on gear level 11 and he'll do still fine while GK needs to be on level 12 ideally with at least 2 ArmaTeks equiped.

He has so much speed on Empire? So why he goes second?
    Stormtrooper is very good tank with the worst zeta in game:).
    Btw, I just got zeta on Deathtrooper, so I can use Krenic(g9,5*). Testing Empire( with Stormtrooper) with Krenic in GW against CLS meta was much better than expected. Fight was much faster, more control, more dmg. I loved it.

I've just passed my Krennic 5* to gear 11, not yet tested in GW. I still don't have any zeta on DT. I hesitate to use him in arena because he's too squishy and I think not viable without the zeta on DT.

yes, zeta on DT is needed for Krennic. Without this Krennic shouldnt be used in Arena. With Palp(g10) I got rank 30 in arena. I cannot go higher and I think that playing without Krenic is the reason. I will use him when Krenic will be g10( 2 pieces left). I wonder which tank should be faster? Storm or Shore?

I prefer Storm, because cls will always open with dispelling shore with buff immunity, so you need someone to protect Thrawn.

I use Thrawn to immediately cleanse Shore. He then gets his Taunt up so it's usually a recoverable situation. Han never stuns my Thrawn because of his high tenacity.
  • Options
    you can do that, but I'm speaking about the scenario where zolo stuns thrawn with his first shot, then cls dispels shore with buff immunity, so all toons will go before your thrawn because of the stun, here you need a fast storm to taunt and protect thrawn.
  • Options
    you can do that, but I'm speaking about the scenario where zolo stuns thrawn with his first shot, then cls dispels shore with buff immunity, so all toons will go before your thrawn because of the stun, here you need a fast storm to taunt and protect thrawn.

I can't think of a time Han has stunned Thrawn. Ebb and Flow has 100% tenacity.
  • Options
    Should I focus on gearing my squad to G12 (means sharding as well) or start farming mods, hoping for speed secondaries? Mind you I haven't unlocked crit damage and speed mod challenges (jawa lack gear, Reistance isn't even fully unlocked yet).

Currently my Imperial arena squad holds somewhat good on defense (ranging from 60 to 130) with Thrawn being the only G12, Tarkin is G10 and the troopers are G11.
  • Options
    Oh. 100% tenacity when he has someone fractured. And yet I still can't think of a time Han has stunned him first move. Odd.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Oh. 100% tenacity when he has someone fractured. And yet I still can't think of a time Han has stunned him first move. Odd.

Han's Shoot First stun is unavoidable/unresistable. My Thrawn gets stunned all the time by it.
  • Options
    Hmmm..is it irresistible only if zeta'd?
  • Options
    Hmmm..is it irresistible only if zeta'd?

No. The zeta primarily just lets him attack twice on basic attack.
  • Options
    Ah sorry. I use Nihilus for my 5th. Han goes for him. Then Luke goes for Shore. So I cleanse ShoreT then Storm taunts.
  • Options
    This is from today, imp vs CLS full auto: https://youtu.be/80pBxUZIvjE
  • Options
    pinkfloyd wrote: »

I love how it takes them a minute and a half to get through the protection on the tanks.
  • Options
    Dretzle wrote: »
    I haven't read all 118 pages, but why stormtrooper instead of Nihilus? Wouldn't the dispel, cooldown increase, and Annihilate make this team that much more deadly? (Yes, Deathtrooper has cooldown increase. Why not double it?)
    I run Nihiilus since my Krennic is 5* only. You really need two taunting tanks, though. There are a lot of teams with CLS and Thrawn in most shards (usually with Zolo and GK and one out of Nihilus or R2). That means at least two, often three dispellers on the opposing team. Shore alone just isn't enough to protect Thrawn and Krennic/Nihilus from that.
  • Options

I love how it takes them a minute and a half to get through the protection on the tanks.

That was beautiful.
  • Options

If most teams let Han live that long, he kills them all.
  • Options
    Is a gear12 Palpatine viable in top 50 arena (mature shard)? I use Nihilus as 5th but would like to go all Empire. Mindful that Han and CLS could destroy him in round 1 though.

By the way, isn't Raid Han a bit OP? CLS / Han / R2. When has the dark side anything comparable to those 3 OP characters??
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Is a gear12 Palpatine viable in top 50 arena (mature shard)? I use Nihilus as 5th but would like to go all Empire. Mindful that Han and CLS could destroy him in round 1 though.

By the way, isn't Raid Han a bit OP? CLS / Han / R2. When has the dark side anything comparable to those 3 OP characters??

Hey. i use ep everyday. Mine is equipped with medpack and cuff. If you want to be successful with ep, the medpack is pretty much mandatory.

*forgot to add that I take 1st and December will be my 2 year anniversary of playing. So my shard is very mature.
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

Hey. i use ep everyday. Mine is equipped with medpack and cuff. If you want to be successful with ep, the medpack is pretty much mandatory.

*forgot to add that I take 1st and December will be my 2 year anniversary of playing. So my shard is very mature.

Pics or it didn't happen :)
  • Options
    ep will be a weak link on defense, he'll get stunned by zolo and maybe killed at the start.
    even with the medpac, his main problem is the armor (lowest in the game).
  • Options

I can vouch for this
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Right on that buddy
  • Options
    ep will be a weak link on defense, he'll get stunned by zolo and maybe killed at the start.

This is false. My ep has over 61k hp/protection. He isn't going to lose 100% protection let alone ko by opening han salvo. Thrawn will GAC ep, restore his protection, cleanse his stun and allow the opening aoe stun. It's a legit setup.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

This is false. My ep has over 61k hp/protection. He isn't going to lose 100% protection let alone ko by opening han salvo. Thrawn will GAC ep, restore his protection, cleanse his stun and allow the opening aoe stun. It's a legit setup.

health doesn't matter with low defense, I always see zolo hitting my storm with 4k crits that's because of his high defense, ep doesn't have that , even with 60k hp/protection he can be double shot by zolo.
    watch this video, look at 1:20 you'll see zolo hitting ep with 33k and 29k shots:

https://youtu.be/BicM_xdyQ7A
  • Options

All depends on what setup you use him in and how he's protected. You left him pretty naked there with no CD immunity and no taunts up.
  • ShannonP35
    78 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I don't know why people run Imperial Troopers without Veers. Veers is the true leader of the Troopers. I run Veers zeta Storm zeta Snow, Magma,and Deathtrooper. They all Gear 12. Veers is 220 speed and Storm is 205. This setup is really good. Once i get all their gear 12 pieces I can make top 50. The highest i went in arena was 58. I could go hybrid and get top 50 easy but i want to see how far i can take this team.
  • Options

health doesn't matter with low defense, I always see zolo hitting my storm with 4k crits that's because of his high defense, ep doesn't have that , even with 60k hp/protection he can be double shot by zolo.
    watch this video, look at 1:20 you'll see zolo hitting ep with 33k and 29k shots:

So let's get to the meat of this.

Is ep viable at g12? Yes he most certainly is and he is incredible in this cls meta. Is ep viable in an all Empire squad at g12? Unlikely and I'll explain.

Because we know that ep is tied for the lowest armor in the game (142) and Han Solo has 149 armor penn, we conclude that ep will take full damage. So as an ep user, I have to mitigate this.

The single greatest buff to protect ep is crit immunity. Han Solo is going to have 266% crit damage (50% from his skill 'never tell me the odds') Han will be geared for crit and crit damage. Since we CANT get ep any tangible amount of damage reduction, we have to make the damage component of the mods/skills from han next to useless. This is crit immunity. You will turn off nearly all that crazy damage.

What is the best way to accomplish this? A passive ability that provides crit immunity comes to mind. If a player wants to use ep, they will want to use gk. The first opening crit from han is about 25k. Attach crit immune then get about 5-6k 2nd attack. That is totally manageable and restorable from thrawn's zeta lead and his GAC. Shore trooper also provides team wide crit immunity and protects gk from crits too. When I ran empire, shore and gk were my tanks. I know storm has crazy defense, but he doesn't do as well of a job at what's needed to protect squishy toons.

Tl:DR, use gk with ep or risk getting crit to death.

• Options

So let's get to the meat of this.

Is ep viable at g12? Yes he most certainly is and he is incredible in this cls meta. Is ep viable in an all Empire squad at g12? Unlikely and I'll explain.

Because we know that ep is tied for the lowest armor in the game (142) and Han Solo has 149 armor penn, we conclude that ep will take full damage. So as an ep user, I have to mitigate this.

The single greatest buff to protect ep is crit immunity. Han Solo is going to have 266% crit damage (50% from his skill 'never tell me the odds') Han will be geared for crit and crit damage. Since we CANT get ep any tangible amount of damage reduction, we have to make the damage component of the mods/skills from han next to useless. This is crit immunity. You will turn off nearly all that crazy damage.

What is the best way to accomplish this? A passive ability that provides crit immunity comes to mind. If a player wants to use ep, they will want to use gk. The first opening crit from han is about 25k. Attach crit immune then get about 5-6k 2nd attack. That is totally manageable and restorable from thrawn's zeta lead and his GAC. Shore trooper also provides team wide crit immunity and protects gk from crits too. When I ran empire, shore and gk were my tanks. I know storm has crazy defense, but he doesn't do as well of a job at what's needed to protect squishy toons.

So what is your squad? Thrawn (L), EP, DT, Shore and GK?
  • pinkfloyd
    76 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    ShannonP35 wrote: »
    I don't know why people run Imperial Troopers without Veers. Veers is the true leader of the Troopers. I run Veers zeta Storm zeta Snow, Magma,and Deathtrooper. They all Gear 12. Veers is 220 speed and Storm is 205. This setup is really good. Once i get all their gear 12 pieces I can make top 50. The highest i went in arena was 58. I could go hybrid and get top 50 easy but i want to see how far i can take this team.
    In my case I don't have room for Veers, I run zzThrawn, zDT, DK, ST and ShT. (look video a few posts back).
    I have a fully G12 zVeers but still Thrawn is better leading, I've tried using him instead of DK but it doesn't work well, the synergy between DK and DT is way more useful than Veers and the other troopers. My shard is a pretty hard one and I always reach 1 place in my payout.
    I think this is the only team I can say that speed isn't everything because the TM spam is insane. Both tanks have 180, DK and DT around 200 and Thrawn around 240, and I beat easily fully geared CLS teams with much more speed.
    The two tanks are mandatory of course.
  • Options
    I don't have DK i know that stagger is crazy good. I just really want to see how far i can go with this team. Magmatrooper is really good. He is so underrated and Snow is a Elite damage dealer. I love my Imperial Troopers!
  • Options

All depends on what setup you use him in and how he's protected. You left him pretty naked there with no CD immunity and no taunts up.

That was not my team, a friend posted it and I linked that video to show that even a 60k health/protection ep will be one shot (double shot) by zolo, I was not discussing strategies or different comps.

Maybe you're right, but the question first was if ep is viable in a full empire squad.
  • Options

Maybe you're right, but the question first was if ep is viable in a full empire squad.

He did say he wanted to remove dn for full empire. He also said be mindful of han's opening attack. The only way to come out of that attack with nearly full protection is to use gk and thrawn. Your opponent will target ep and thrawn will refill his protection, cleanse that stun (make sure ep is .80% speed of thrawn or ep will move before thrawn from The 20% tm gain off the stun) and no one loses a turn from the stun since it's cleansed and thrawn will get ep's full starting tm.

My buddy @JohnnySteelAlpha did get my back and state it depends on how ep is used. I suppose I was not very verbose with my first explanation, but my second try was definitely encroaching on a self-imposed word quota.