DSTB issue and response

Replies

• Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    What is weird to me ... and I am not trying to be negative here, it is just that they realised on Saturday they had an issue and this is only on Monday that they took corrective actions (especially since it appears to be an issue on the servers end and not the client itself).

I understand the thanksgiving weekend thing however this is not the standard industry product. It seems odd to me not having backup teams who could at least have a look into the issue and give some reporting.

Instead the players (customers) have been left with no response for 48h, this is the part which is frustrating for everybody in this forum.

I don’t understand why CG don’t get it right by first apologising about the error and then taking corrective actions when needed.

Your communication is not clear guys!
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Klocko wrote: »
    Naw wrote: »
    Kozispoon wrote:
    @CG_LucifersDaddy and @CG_Leviathan will pore over data logs after the fix is live and determine who abused the exploit and who bumped into it accidentally.

While I suspect it should be trivial to check how much a guild should accomplish vs how much they actually got by calculating it from their total GP why not just give the rewards to everyone based on their potential?

Not totally. Some of it depends on where the GP is in the guild and how it's used.

I'm not sure what you are saying here? By potential I mean calculate what they could accomplish with the given material, assuming 4/4 in all waves. That has nothing to do "where the GP is in the guild and how it's used".

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Double post, nothin to see here, move along.
    Post edited by Iy4oy4s on
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    edited November 2017

@CG_Kozispoon Could you please take a look at LS TB before it starts next week. We would all really appreciate it being checked over after how badly this has been, its been horrible to play for myself and my guilds and most of the community, Really dont want another week of this.
  • I really hope that all next updates will be tested correctly before added to game. Even if you need a year to do all the testsing. Because so far every new update comes out with so many bugs. I know its hard to hear this, but seems like, devs dont even care about this problem. Its like building house, forgeting to put roof on, then taking off all the walls to put roof on, but forgeting about water pipes and so on. It would be nice to see everything done right at the beginning. I still believe, thats possible, and I hope its the last time im comlaining about this game. Slowely im loosing faith in devs. Next update will show if they did listen to comunity or not. Good luck guys, I really hope you can do that.
  • Thanks to the devs for releasing some challenging content! The new Darkside territory battle has great potential without too many stringent requirements. While there are a few bugs that have been identified, the idea of more potential stars and less waves on combat missions is great. The platoon requirements are a little excessive, but once again thanks for releasing this much earlier than rumored. The new tools for officers are great for orders, and I’m looking forward to trying again after you have had a chance to resolve some of the issues found during this run
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Did I miss something or did I just noticed another bug
    I just faced 4 HRSc and 2 HRSo, every time I shot at a scout, one of the soldiers countered, and yes it said counter attack, and no I wasn't using Magma
    Edit: No Elites
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    Did I miss something or did I just noticed another bug
    I just faced 4 HRSc and 2 HRSo, every time I shot at a scout, one of the soldiers countered, and yes it said counter attack, and no I wasn't using Magma
    Edit: No Elites

They countered my dengar yest as he was stealthed. I think there’s a bunch of fine tuning that needs to be done.
  • It's super simple to locate cheaters:
    take a players personal dark side territory points. Divide the number by their personal GP. If the result is over 60-75, ban them.
    Example: Guild X's (you know who you are) guild leader has over 200million territory points. He has less than 1.7GP. That's a ratio of over 110. BAN.
  • Day 6... another sigh.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Zaraos wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon Could you please take a look at LS TB before it starts next week. We would all really appreciate it being checked over after how badly this has been, its been horrible to play for myself and my guilds and most of the community, Really dont want another week of this.

This. Our guild didn't receive rewards for the phase 6 special mission in LS TB. We reported on Answers HQ over a week ago - and still haven't even gotten a response. There are several guilds that have done the same - and got the same lack of response/lack of resolution.

This is getting very frustrating. It's one thing to deal with buggy content - it's another to not get the rewards (or even a response) for time spent, despite several attempts to report the issue through appropriate channels.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I want to buy the veers/snowtrooper, starck, and probe droid packs, but I'm gonna wait to see how this shakes out. If a single player gets punished for having a little fun during this cluster of a release, I will surely not spend another dime on this game.

Explain your "pro-cheating" platform, please
  • As this awful DSTB goes on, I'm actually getting to the point I kinda enjoy the fact I get to use some toons I haven't used in a year+ and others I've never event attempted to use. (Zam, Cad).

But you really must fix the platoon situation. I know it is WAI, but seriously fix it. Even looking at the top 2 Team INstinct there is only 1 6 or 7* spirit. Kozi's reply of "recruiting someone that has them" isn't even going to work because there aren't even enough 7* spirits in the game to fill these platoons.
  • gunff wrote: »
    As this awful DSTB goes on, I'm actually getting to the point I kinda enjoy the fact I get to use some toons I haven't used in a year+ and others I've never event attempted to use. (Zam, Cad).

But you really must fix the platoon situation. I know it is WAI, but seriously fix it. Even looking at the top 2 Team INstinct there is only 1 6 or 7* spirit. Kozi's reply of "recruiting someone that has them" isn't even going to work because there aren't even enough 7* spirits in the game to fill these platoons.

Tbf - I think kozi said this before the event structure for talzin was really set.
    As this awful DSTB goes on, I'm actually getting to the point I kinda enjoy the fact I get to use some toons I haven't used in a year+ and others I've never event attempted to use. (Zam, Cad).

Tbf - I think kozi said this before the event structure for talzin was really set.

Yes, it was during the older style release cadence of farmable after 3 months instead of 7* in 2 years. but It goes towards CG's intent/motive of why they did this. Force 7 - 10 people per guild to spend $700 - $1000 to get 3 characters.

Check the date on when Kozispoon said that.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
    gunff wrote: »

Yes, it was during the older style release cadence of farmable after 3 months instead of 7* in 2 years. but It goes towards CG's intent/motive of why they did this. Force 7 - 10 people per guild to spend $700 - $1000 to get 3 characters.

Yep. It’s really terrible and insulting imo. I’ve said it before - I feel it gives the adverse effect of its intention. It makes me not want to even bother at all and not spend. Not a whale but I know a few- and it’s considered blatant and underhanded cash grab for no real big reward. But I don’t have the numbers that would prove me otherwise. And of course just want it to be known- kozi doesn’t make or implement these decisions, she just vocalizes them to us.

Yep. It’s really terrible and insulting imo. I’ve said it before - I feel it gives the adverse effect of its intention. It makes me not want to even bother at all and not spend. Not a whale but I know a few- and it’s considered blatant and underhanded cash grab for no real big reward. But I don’t have the numbers that would prove me otherwise. And of course just want it to be known- kozi doesn’t make or implement these decisions, she just vocalizes them to us.

Agreed. I have spent less this year than last for the reasons you mention. The benefit is temporary and the goal posts moved a few weeks later. The more CG tries to tighten their grip, the more spenders slip through their fingers.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • I understand she vocalise's to us but one hopes it's also reciprocated back to the dev team. I hope not all is lost in translation.
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • NicWester wrote: »

Date doesn't matter. Sentiment still applies.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

Regardless though, it's probably their loss since players are just going to ignore the platoons and become even less likely to spend cash to fill them.
    Well, that's what i hope will happen/is happening.
    Save water, drink champagne!

On the flip side, at least my feeling on it, is I didn't spend $, even a small amount, and double Zeta, g11, good mods.... so what, they could sit in a platoon? C'mon!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • WenHandel
    165 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    And what if you do spend all that money to buy these new characters? Are they any good in combat missions? Hard to tell - they all have to go into the platoons. Isn’t it even worse than having empty platoons, to pay for the characters and then be unable to use them?

Whichever way you look at it, rare, premium characters should NEVER be required for platoons.

Edit: ah, PremierVenoth, you just made the same point while I was typing.

On the flip side, at least my feeling on it, is I didn't spend $, even a small amount, and double Zeta, g11, good mods.... so what, they could sit in a platoon? C'mon!

Yes totally. Imagine that convo - going to need your 7* mt in a platoon. But that’s my arena lead and a team I use in Tb.
    leef wrote: »

Regardless though, it's probably their loss since players are just going to ignore the platoons and become even less likely to spend cash to fill them.

I’m agreeing with this ^^
    Just forget the platoons.
  • Banning players for “exploiting” this bug would be like banning players for “exploiting” Zader and Zarris when they were not working as intended. How many people got rank 1 in arena using the broken Zarriss or soloed the Rancor using the broken Zader? Many people have used bugs to gain an advantage in the past, why all of the sudden have you decided to ban them for it?
  • leef wrote: »

Exactly

If I spent all this money on these new toons, I wouldn't platoon them, it's insulting

I want to use them, we haven't filled platoons since p4, no point
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

phase 6 for my guid:
    platoons fleet, 3 squad combat missions.
    It's a real time saver ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Berimbolo
    946 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Yes, we have been on toon platoon strike since p4

The DS air strike is garbage anyway

Use your toons you paid for instead of putting them in platoons, you are getting scammed if you do
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2017

phase 6 for my guid:

Exactly. We're a "41 star LS:TB" guild with whales. And "Forget Platoons" has been the marching orders for us from now on. I'm pretty sure the new "Make people pay to fill platoons" MO is backfiring. It's just making most of us angry. That sound you keep hearing? The sound of thousands of wallets crying out in terror...then being slammed shut.

• leef wrote: »

phase 6 for my guid:

We couldn’t fill any. Lawl. “So we ll fight in the shade!” Let’s go! So happy this is over.