Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    EA probably makes more off this game for Disney than Disney does with the movies lol

I heard in The Last Jedi if you want to watch deleted scenes that will be another $100, and to watch the alternate ending another $150.
  • Options
    Couldn't be happier. No farming required for me. Bring on her event :)
  • Options
    Ulon wrote: »
    Osisiv wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Ok, f off CG. I’ve defended nearly every decision made by y’all. I defended the requirements for CLS (even though I didn’t get him), the chimeara, thrawn, bb-8, etc. I’ve defended release schedules, events, hasty updates, and the power creep. But this, this is some major kitten. I’ve spent 300 crystals every single day on cantina energy, using it only on starring my vets, and they’re still only 5 stars.

Unless you give out free shards, this is the first time I’m willing to call a character p2p, because Rey absolutely will be. There is no way somebody will be able to unlock the new Rey without spending money which is wrong and undermines everything I have enjoyed about this game for the last two years.

I’m in the exact same situation. The event should’ve started in Januari to give f2p players a chance to get her if they went all in

F2P should not get everything right away for FREE. You have no right to be angry if you don't spend. How in the world do you expect everything given to you for FREE?

Who in their right mind would spend money if you didn't have to? I guess you can't understand since you don't understand the concept of money.

I will enjoy reading your bitter wailing.

Totally agree on that, besides i‘m also f2p top arena and top fleet player. Just being wise and saving up some crystals and doing some preparation would have done it.

Yeah i get that money is an option for people to play but with CLS at least the required characters to get him were in the game for a while and somewhat easily accessible except r2 but you only needed empire to get him which most people have. The vets became f2p recently and are now required to get a , most likely, game changing character like CLS. I don't have CLS but I wasn't mad about not getting him cause the requirements weren't brand new characters. One change they could do which would help people and maybe resolve this is make the new Rey unlock at 5* and not 7*. I would be fine with that and im sure others would too
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Prudkoan wrote: »
    Old and smart f2p will get her

I’m both and there’s no possible way. Don’t tell me you’ve hoarding crystals because, as an F2P, you spend what you can just to stay competitive.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options

Did you read my post? I actually honestly did everything I possibly can I’m genuinely interested to know what you would have me do different please read my post again let me know what something I could’ve done that I didn’t do. but as it stands I’m smart I did everything I possibly could and it still it’s impossible

@Obi_six_Kenobi ding!
  • Options
    I knew it would be tough when they put both veterans in cantina. When they had the last double drops, I got less veteran shards than I have been getting normally. That's when I knew I wasn't going to spend any money to get Rey. Next time.
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »

I’m both and there’s no possible way. Don’t tell me you’ve hoarding crystals because, as an F2P, you spend what you can just to stay competitive.

This times 1,000. No f2p player can magically save up 8,000 crystals without sacrificing nearly everything else in the game.
  • Options
    The thing is most of the people here claiming to have known they would be required only really assumed it was highly likely they'd be required because it hasn't been officially announced until now. That's while people that speculated the Millennium Falcon would be required learned today they were incorrect.

Secondly, I highly doubt that the majority of the player base scours these boards day in and day out and they'll only just be finding out. So to coordinate the release of the 2nd big character in episode 8 with the release of the 8th episode of the Star Wars movies and put it behind this type of structure, yeah it's lame.

Jedi Rey and UMK should be decent characters that everyone can get easily just for the sake of what it is. Hey hey the new movie is coming and that's really what people are excited about so here's Rey and Kylo 2.0. We all love Star Wars blah blah blah. Just wait until January when the powerful new toons you didn't know about yet come out.

Instead you get this.
  • Options

This times 1,000. No f2p player can magically save up 8,000 crystals without sacrificing nearly everything else in the game.

Exactly, this is a blatant cash grab and its terrible form.

I've spent maybe 80-100 bucks over 2 years on this game, and i have never regretted it until now. For this kind of slap in the face i wish i could take it back and will never spend another dime on this game, and well after the battlefront 2 thing i'm pretty on board with never spending a dime on EA products as a whole
  • Options
    With all those must haves on the cantina now in the brutal 16 cost range , also farming mods is a luxury only whales can afford
  • Options
    Placeholder
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

+1

These fools who are bragging about their high arena finishes as F2P have no idea how lucky they are that they're not in a tougher shard, or a more crowded payout.

I know that people with an equal fleet to mine are struggling to crack top 50 or top 20. The only difference is that their shards have more competitive players in them. Same with my ship shard; some guys in our shard's Discord have the payout all to themselves. Grats to them!! But let's not pretend that "skill" or "planning" have anything to do with the fact that they have a payout time all to themselves.
  • Options
    Ugh, gonna be working overtime farming the vets. At least With Luke they gave us 3 month ramp up with toons farmable ahead of time. Was Luke's final journey only 7 days too?

Yes
  • Options
    Can't wait!!!
  • Options
    Or ya know, spend ages to farm. That's an alternative
  • Options
    Maybe the Mouse will have another chat with ea.
  • Options
    Calx wrote: »

+1

These fools who are bragging about their high arena finishes as F2P have no idea how lucky they are that they're not in a tougher shard, or a more crowded payout.

I know that people with an equal fleet to mine are struggling to crack top 50 or top 20. The only difference is that their shards have more competitive players in them. Same with my ship shard; some guys in our shard's Discord have the payout all to themselves. Grats to them!! But let's not pretend that "skill" or "planning" have anything to do with the fact that they have a payout time all to themselves.

+1
    i share my arena and fleet with many players, we plan on sharing the new character ; )
  • Options
    diangelo wrote: »
    unesssss...at the end of the movie she goes to the dark side...

This. Obviously if they make her a different version it would be a problem. Just be happy they gave you the requirements and take a chance whether her kit will be good or not
  • Options

I didnt spend any crystals btwn the event announcement and the double drop days. I already had my arena team locked down so no you dont have to always soend to stay competitive.
  • Nemman
    76 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    We know from October that the characters we are going to need are those 5.
    Please stop crying and complain with yourself if you are not ready.

Plus, not everyone is entitled to get rey at first time. Enough of weak people able to get top stop just because AI defense is so bad and meta is not moving since almost a year.

I hope rey will be op as kitten... and just a few player will be able to get her.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    They didn't listen or respond to feedback. Why no 5 star new toon.... WHY?
  • Options
    This is the first time that SWGOH is releasing a legendary character people love in conjunction with the release of the movie in which they will first appear. It’s a great chance to reward all the people who play this game every day and ensure that people’s euphoria over the new movie gets carried over to their outlook on the game. EA’s choice to release the last two required Heroes Journey characters only in Cantina and only on the most expensive level was very specifically telling a portion of their customer base to go pet a kitten. Yes, it is still possible for a few FTP players and minnows to succeed but the vast majority will not. I’m not surprised, nor am I mad, but personally I think EA really missed out on an opportunity for a huge public relations win.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    They could release her kit and just specify the abilities as "Basic, Special #1, Special #2, Unique #1" with the descriptions. No need to show videos or the names of each of the abilities.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options

I'm F2P, have 9,300 crystals saved up, just crunched the numbers and I can't possibly get the vets ready in time, even with a few days of double drops.

Before the release of the vets in cantina I had saved up 23k arena tokens because Leia and STHan were there for CLS- surely one of new Rey's requirements (one of the vets) would go there right? Wrong. 16E cantina node.

Oh well. I'll get her next time. Just like I've been ready for CLS for months now and BB-8 for weeks.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options

Not true... F2P who made good choices in long past and therefore did not need to spend all crystals can have those 8 000 crystals. If he is daily top in arena and ships... Very very little chance though. Used to be higher...
  • Options
    In other words, $$$ is required to complete the event.

For most people. But it is entirely possible to get them for free if you planned correctly. (I.e. saved crystals and maximized double drops)
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Nemman wrote: »
    We know from October that the characters we are going to need are those 5.
    Please stop crying and complain with yourself if you are not ready.

Plus, not everyone is entitled to get rey at first time. Enough of weak people able to get top stop just because AI defense is so bad and meta is not moving since almost a year.

I hope rey will be op as kitten... and just a few player will be able to get her.

This bogus response has been said over and over and over by entitled kittens who are shelling out obscene cash for this game. Stop attention grabbing. You're just trolling an already agitated community.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    This is the first time that SWGOH is releasing a legendary character people love in conjunction with the release of the movie in which they will first appear. It’s a great chance to reward all the people who play this game every day and ensure that people’s euphoria over the new movie gets carried over to their outlook on the game. EA’s choice to release the last two required Heroes Journey characters only in Cantina and only on the most expensive level was very specifically telling a portion of their customer base to go pet a kitten. Yes, it is still possible for a few FTP players and minnows to succeed but the vast majority will not. I’m not surprised, nor am I mad, but personally I think EA really missed out on an opportunity for a huge public relations win.

Agree. Putting them both in the cantina is the real slap here. Having separate locations would have been challenging, but not unrealistic. I think we wouldn't feel so shafted if that was the case. I may have even bought a pack or 2 to finish the vets off. But theres no way im doing that now.
  • Options
    I don't mind paying $$, but this is way too much. With all the new game modes and required characters I have other places to spend my crystals.

They still have an option to put some reasonably priced packs in, so we'll see. This doesn't have to be a complete fiasco.
  • Options
    Can we get dates on when Jedi Training Rey will be back since 99% of the players won't be able to unlock her?
    Thanks,
    Agitated community