Replies

• Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Prudkoan wrote: »
    Old and smart f2p will get her

I’m both and there’s no possible way. Don’t tell me you’ve hoarding crystals because, as an F2P, you spend what you can just to stay competitive.

I didnt spend any crystals btwn the event announcement and the double drop days. I already had my arena team locked down so no you dont have to always soend to stay competitive.

How old is your shard? I’m a day 1 player and frequent the forums quite often. I play daily in a very competitive arena and struggle to hold top 50, easily failing to 100 some days. And that’s with G12 toons and a 95k power arena team.
  • Options
    Riley wrote: »
    Can we get dates on when Jedi Training Rey will be back since 99% of the players won't be able to unlock her?
    Thanks,
    Agitated community
    easy... after CLS event returns
  • Options

I’m both and there’s no possible way. Don’t tell me you’ve hoarding crystals because, as an F2P, you spend what you can just to stay competitive.

I didnt spend any crystals btwn the event announcement and the double drop days. I already had my arena team locked down so no you dont have to always soend to stay competitive.

The plethora of Mother Talzin teams in my arena disagrees with you. Meta toons were introduced since then and they have all popped up in my arena with the whales. So you either got SUPER LUCKY with your arena team, or quietly spent shards to keep your arena team competitive with the new meta toons.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

How old is your shard? I’m a day 1 player and frequent the forums quite often. I play daily in a very competitive arena and struggle to hold top 50, easily failing to 100 some days. And that’s with G12 toons and a 95k power arena team.

there are still a 100+ active players on a day 1 leaderbaord? dangggg
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    August
  • Options
    I'm one of top f2p in game and this really makes me mad. If I can't get her then she is 100% a p2w toon and you can no longer consider this a f2p game only a free to get your butt kicked in by money.
  • Dweezy
    25 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I will tell you, without spending a dime I got CLS the first time around. The requirements were obtainable as a F2P because, with the exception of R2 the other required characters were around forever and on 8 Energy Cantina nodes. The VS toons have only been around for a few weeks on nodes and 16 energy on that so objectively this hero's journey is significantly harder and definitely a bigger play to P2W players.

I guess what Im mostly confused about is the outrage, I'm more sighing than yelling. I like playing this game but its hard to have fun with so many blatant cash grabs lately. I'm F2P and even though I hoarded resources for weeks and pumped them all into VS nodes I'm going to fall short. We knew this was coming and there is nothing in EA's history (especially the very recent history with BF2) that showed that they were interested in fairness.

This is just them dropping pretenses and saying you are going to pay for premium content. Each player has to decide if that is something they want to be a part of and spend real money, if they're happy not getting characters when they first come out or deciding its not fun and quitting the game.

• Options
    Wanted to say thanks to devs for finally having an exclusive toon in game, those of us who spend money on game appreciate getting something exclusive. Hope to see more toons like this in the future
  • Options
    Great another toon most wont get like CLS. Maybe itll be another 6 months before CLS is out again but by that point he wont be relevant. Making it hard to continue playing when you cant compete in arena when everyone has these top toons.
  • Options
    I just don’t understand why twice now they have wasted the monthly toon on some needed before the big shard piles drop. Might as well give the masses CUP or mob enforcer for the month of the event. Well, back to anger farming vets to 7.
  • Options
    Nice b8 m8
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

@leef I’d say at least 200 players with quality arena and fleet teams. Maxed G12 toons with +100 speed mods doesn’t hold rank as well as one could hope.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    Wanted to say thanks to devs for finally having an exclusive toon in game, those of us who spend money on game appreciate getting something exclusive. Hope to see more toons like this in the future

I actually kinda agree. (i'm f2p)
    (edited to include a quote of the OP, comments got merged)
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    *yawn*
  • Options
    Goustie wrote: »
    so for her is needed ten 7* special chars.. cause of first order and their retarted FO stormtrooper with one drop place with five tries.. playing it almost two years kitten

CLS needed R2, who needed empire. In my eyes, same level
  • Options
    Sorry to bother you, @CG_Kozispoon, but my earlier question got lost in a different thread—do you have any information on what packs and/or other methods will be provided to speed up the farm? Thanks.
    Take that everyone saying you'd need Millenium Falcon!

This is really weird because, judging from the other megathread, I was the one who first said it could be needed, but also said that was just a speculative possibility. A month later people were saying it was definitely needed. Folks are weird...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

leef I’d say at least 200 players with quality arena and fleet teams. Maxed G12 toons with +100 speed mods doesn’t hold rank as well as one could hope.

haha, i was just trolling tbh. new leaderboards are filled with noobs, old leaderboards are mostly abandoned, the usual arguments. ;)
    Sounds like you've got a tough leaderboard though.
  • Options

theHejiN wrote: »
    so for her is needed ten 7* special chars.. cause of first order and their retarted FO stormtrooper with one drop place with five tries.. playing it almost two years kitten

so open your eyes maybe ....
  • Options
    Better start hoarding crystals for jedi luke. if you don't it your own fault
  • Options
    roll"
  • Options
    needed a month of prep time to farm and gear

I mean, it’ll be back... You can get it next time.
  • Options

Its hardly same level man, hardly. Empire Char are quite easly farmable, but that FO . ..

• Options
    Better start hoarding crystals for jedi luke. if you don't it your own fault

Or just play the game like a normal person and then get it the second time it comes along with 0 stress.

Seriously, people, take a xanax.
  • Options
    DarkPiece wrote: »
    If they keep doing this the game won’t have a future

Wrong.

I hate my arena shard for having all the f2p climbing on top, because they have either CLS, or GK, Barriss.

I am willed to pay money, to stay untouched of f2p players
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    needed a month of prep time to farm and gear

You had a month of prep time. They became farmable 2 weeks ago, and the event won't end for another 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Viggy wrote: »
    i'm curious how many true f2p players will be able to unlock rey.

True f2p here. I heard it’s rare that I finish 1 in arena if I want to. I’ll not be getting rey, because it didn’t make sense to me to farm the vets from shipments, because I thought it would be reasonable for them to be released at least a month before the event. Really disappointed here, and hope I don’t lose my spot in top arena.

you thought it would be reasonable? how on earth? this game needs to make money. how do they do that? by giving out content we can get faster by paying money. what on earth would make you think that rey would be an exception?`

that's just not reasonable.

The game makes a grotesque amount of money for the quality of the content. What's funny is this is just continuing to push moderate spenders to become FTP. I'd get virtually nothing out of dropping even $50 a month on this game.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    DarkPiece wrote: »
    If they keep doing this the game won’t have a future

Wrong.

I hate my arena shard for having all the f2p climbing on top, because they have either CLS, or GK, Barriss.

I am willed to pay money, to stay untouched of f2p players

good luck with that, haha.