Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Everyone knew it was gonna require the vets this isn’t a surprise.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    At least not having to worry about December events give me a chance to catch up on Nightsisters, Ewoks and Bounty Hunters.
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    Yeah, you can have it in June of 2018.....

Hahaha funny! It won't be THAT soon. ;)

It'll be in August.
  • AlteredCarbon
    101 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Completely ridiculous requirements. The irony is that I wouldn't have minded spending a small amount to meet them if I had been close but as others have pointed out, this is several hundred quids' worth of crystals so I won't even bother spending anything. i.e. this is a whale P2P event not even a casual, low-end P2P event. An astoundingly kitten move that I really hope backfires.
  • Options
    yet another forum post of all the rage because people didn't listen, people don't spend and don't get, and so on. if you have not been farming FO since the first bb8 event for this, you made a big mistake. if you are not farming vets on top of the free shards, yet another mistake for the second go round if you miss the first.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    Viggy wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    i'm curious how many true f2p players will be able to unlock rey.

True f2p here. I heard it’s rare that I finish 1 in arena if I want to. I’ll not be getting rey, because it didn’t make sense to me to farm the vets from shipments, because I thought it would be reasonable for them to be released at least a month before the event. Really disappointed here, and hope I don’t lose my spot in top arena.

you thought it would be reasonable? how on earth? this game needs to make money. how do they do that? by giving out content we can get faster by paying money. what on earth would make you think that rey would be an exception?`

that's just not reasonable.

The game makes a grotesque amount of money for the quality of the content. What's funny is this is just continuing to push moderate spenders to become FTP. I'd get virtually nothing out of dropping even $50 a month on this game.

The only really relevant remark in this thread. The amount of money one has to spend to get all the toon and stuff and try to compensate for having started later than others easily equals other people’s net wage in a quarter of a year. This is by all means insane
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Completely ridiculous requirements. The irony is that I wouldn't have minded spending a small amount to meet them if I had been close but as others have pointed out, this is several hundred quids' worth of crystals so I won't even bother spending anything. i.e. this is a whale P2P event not even a casual, low-end P2P event. An astoundingly kitten move that I really hope backfires.

The requirements aren’t ridiculous, the placement of the Vets is what’s wrong here. Two necessary toons in arguably the longest farm location outside of raids/TB. If one had been a store and the other was in 8F/G, it wouldn’t have been so bad. Problem is you can’t farm both simultaneously and thus, there isn’t enough time without spending $$$.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    Remember when the CLS event came out, and the devs made a post patting themselves on the back? "Over 200,000 players have embarked on the Hero’s Journey". Imagine this one. "Over 6 players embarked on Rey's journey!"
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    It’ll be so awesome watching 1% of the players using her for 6 months. I’m glad that they do these kind of moves

Isn’t that better than 100%?
  • Options
    banevader wrote: »
    yet another forum post of all the rage because people didn't listen, people don't spend and don't get, and so on. if you have not been farming FO since the first bb8 event for this, you made a big mistake. if you are not farming vets on top of the free shards, yet another mistake for the second go round if you miss the first.
    Here’s where you are wrong. Plenty of people
    Have been farming vets since their release in cantina. However the drop rate is trash, the energy cost is high, and even with refreshes is not realistic. Rey, Finn and BB8 is reasonable at 7* because they’ve been out awhile and the BB8 requirements has been known for months. Where’s Poe? He played a big part. Why not 5* for the vets???? That would make the most sense.
    Honestly what would help players is a releas of an event similar to wicket and MT with higher payouts that would let players unlock 80 shards overall in conjunction with a $9.99 pack for each unlocking 40 additional shards per toon. That would be fair and good business
  • Options
    A lot of players want to be able to get Rey. Please bring back doubld drops. I have been farming veterans since Nov 1st when you announced rey's hero journey. There was no true indication that you would need the veterans. I am 32 shards away from getting V. HAN to 7 stars, and 180 shards from getting V. CHEWIE to 7 stars.

With less than 10 days till Rey's Hero Journey, it will not he possible to get these tooms up to 7 stars.

V. Chewie 640 crystals for 8 shards. = 22.5 purchases. = 14400 Crystals...

oh would still need the 32 V. Han shards. Thats 2,560 crystals. Totaling over 17,000 crystals.

Good new is that's only $110.00

I am ok spending $20.00 to get there... $110 for one toon. And i have already been farming the veterans so its not spending $200 like most people would need to do.

Please bring back double drops to help other players.

• Variant_Shades
    54 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

There are plenty people who listened and who farmed as much as they could.

I spent spring, summer and fall farming shards for my First Order characters to 7 stars in anticipation for the movie's release. Couldn't get BB8 7 stars first time around because, FO Stormtrooper and FO tie pilot was only 6 stars at the time when BB8 event occured.

I've been farming Veteran smugglers since they've been on Cantina. During double drops I've been purchasing cantina refreshes at 100 crystals and 200 crystals. I have been using all my cantina points on the smugglers. And I've only just have Veteran Han at 6 stars and Veteran Chewie at 4 stars. Maybe my RNG is terrible, I've noticed my Chewie drop rate is just plain terrible.

I also saved 7500 crystals, even If I used all my crystals to purchase veteran shards that would only get me around 85-88 shards.

But let's not kid ourselves. This is a Pay 2 Win event. Free 2 play players never had a chance.

• Options
    In other words, $$$ is required to complete the event.

Nope. I’ve been FTP since talzin nonsense. I’ll have the geezer squad to 7 in about 8-9 days. Didn’t spend a cent.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Have been farming vets since their release in cantina. However the drop rate is trash, the energy cost is high, and even with refreshes is not realistic. Rey, Finn and BB8 is reasonable at 7* because they’ve been out awhile and the BB8 requirements has been known for months. Where’s Poe? He played a big part. Why not 5* for the vets???? That would make the most sense.
    Honestly what would help players is a releas of an event similar to wicket and MT with higher payouts that would let players unlock 80 shards overall in conjunction with a $9.99 pack for each unlocking 40 additional shards per toon. That would be fair and good business

Please inform us all when Poe and Rey met.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options

They only indicated the actual requirements for vet Han and Chewie today
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Completely ridiculous requirements. The irony is that I wouldn't have minded spending a small amount to meet them if I had been close but as others have pointed out, this is several hundred quids' worth of crystals so I won't even bother spending anything. i.e. this is a whale P2P event not even a casual, low-end P2P event. An astoundingly **** move that I really hope backfires.

The requirements aren’t ridiculous, the placement of the Vets is what’s wrong here. Two necessary toons in arguably the longest farm location outside of raids/TB.

That is what makes them ridiculous.

• Options
    Double drop will not save this event. First issue is design.
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    Options
    In other words, $$$ is required to complete the event.

Nope. I’ve been FTP since talzin nonsense. I’ll have the geezer squad to 7 in about 8-9 days. Didn’t spend a cent.

Details, please?
  • Options
    It’ll be so awesome watching 1% of the players using her for 6 months. I’m glad that they do these kind of moves
    ROFLMAO!
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

He didn’t play a massive role in TFA? Wow you are dense
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    needed a month of prep time to farm and gear

I mean, it’ll be back... You can get it next time.

I'm pretty sure they've been farmable for close to 2 weeks and as soon as the event was announced people said we would need them as well lol
  • Options
    Katina wrote: »
    I’m f2p and started farming them when they appeared in shipments. Just finished them so I’m ready! It was obvious they’d be required.

Exactly. Me too! Spend my roughly 600 crystals a day I get free on their shipments. Preloaded the max energy for double drops and spent all my free crystals there, then farmed only them with my free ones ever since. I’ll have a few days to spare even at low drop rates. Delighted to be able to not spend a cent and get the legendary. Stop the 2 year talzin farm EA and I might consider paying again.
  • Options
    What is the duration of the event?

12/15 to 22nd, or 29th, or something different?

With the harsh requirements, having 2 weeks to get through it all would be nice... and/or double drops on the Vets from now until then?
  • Options
    Yeah, you can have it in June of 2018.....

April probably
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

He didn’t play a massive role in TFA? Wow you are dense

Still waiting for you to tell me when they met.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    I have been farming FO since the day BB-8 first appeared. The I started buying (F2P) the vets from shipments since the day Rey’s Journey was announced. Then I’ve been doing 3 refreshes with any surplus spent on vets in shipments. If you can get top 50 in Arena and top 10 in fleet and only spent on the vets since the announcement of the journey, it was doable.
  • Options
    Rey is going to be pretty exclusive. With GW being nerfed a lot of people complaining probably won't even cross paths with Rey before the event returns.