Pop up crystal sale and Boba Fett pack [MERGE]

Replies

• myea8017
    192 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    After the recent "poor messaging" debacle with the mysterious 25%-retroactive it was there all the time starwars.com bonus, I would have thought a little more care would have been taken in making sure the announcements of current deals were clear and accurate. Not to mention lots of people questioned whether this deal applied to the vault only (specifically because those were the numbers chosen). These questions went ignored. And, well, here we are.

For sure, I'm sure the main stores, G and A, will be getting a lot of complaints. This is just plain silly. I've never seen a company try so hard to not make money and anger it's player base. Merry Christmas everyone we have your favorite packs in ad rng only form, wait just kidding, total typo...we meant 1 in 10000000 will get the pack and we types a whole paragraph of information with calculations...oops
  • Options
    I thought we had a great start with the gifts earlier. Thanks for that. But this, this feels like CG’s inner Scrooge is trying to come out.
  • Options
    Wow they changed the content update post. It now says “This bundle contains an additional 25% crystals (3,500 vs 2,800) compared to the normal store bundle. (edited; our apologies for the typo, CG_RyDiggs)”

That kind of sucks but I can deal with it if not for the fact that I STILL haven’t got a pop up for either the crystals or the boba bundle. I REALLY want the boba bundle as a newer player. Ok so it’s not a vault. No worries I still appreciate the discount but... GIVE ME THE POPUPS SO I CAN BUY THEM.
  • DistavioNi
    70 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    mb need add this packs in store? coz you want to buy, but you can't...@CG_Kozispoon ?
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Guess the 25% bonus crystal pop up is only for the 19.99 usd (3500 crystals), and it only show up for those that have never bought that 19.99 25% bonus like ever?

So I bought the 3500 bonus crystal pack when it was previously offered (like a normal retailer) in the store, is that why i have not at least gotten a pop up? Only noobs have seen it?

So is that it new coca cola? :|
  • Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Wow they changed the content update post. It now says “This bundle contains an additional 25% crystals (3,500 vs 2,800) compared to the normal store bundle. (edited; our apologies for the typo, CG_RyDiggs)”

That kind of sucks but I can deal with it if not for the fact that I STILL haven’t got a pop up for either the crystals or the boba bundle. I REALLY want the boba bundle as a newer player. Ok so it’s not a vault. No worries I still appreciate the discount but... GIVE ME THE POPUPS SO I CAN BUY THEM.

Sorry buddy but the pop ups aren't real...please dial your nearest EA customer service agent so they can tell you to go to the EA forums and post a message that will never be answered....bbbbeeeeepppppp
  • Gryf
    95 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Well, being that I came into this planning on buying a vault with an additional 25%, I'm not going to be buying a 3500 crystal one. These people need to learn how to properly communicate. Just put the kitten packs in the shop like always
  • myea8017
    192 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Gryf wrote: »
    Well, being that I came into this planning on buying a vault with an additional 25%, I'm not going to be buying a 3500 crystal one. These people need to learn how to properly communicate. Just put the **** packs in the shop like always

Bro, there business model isn't built for anything less than rng everything. That literally makes too much sense...what company wants to make money, duh
  • Options
    Well, being that I came into this planning on buying a vault with an additional 25%, I'm not going to be buying a 3500 crystal one. These people need to learn how to properly communicate. Just put the **** packs in the shop like always

If you bought the 3500 before in the past you're not getting it now so you don't have to worry about that.

• Options
    Good point! I know the company I work at loves making money... I guess I need to go tell the owner how awesome his business model of selling our advertised products is once my vacation is over ;)
  • Options
    Good point! I know the company I work at loves making money... I guess I need to go tell the owner how awesome his business model of selling our advertised products is once my vacation is over ;)

Tell them just to do pretend sales, keep your customers on there toes and then never deliver, oh and change the wording of whatever you said before, it will totally make you a millionaire. Or you could offer loot boxes with nothing in them for a huge profit.
  • Options
    Seriously did you guys just edit the post?!? You made everyone wait for these stupid pop ups and now you also want to throw salt on the wound? Haha that’s the Christmas spirit
  • Options
    Wow. We learned NOTHING from Battlefront II. Advertise a promo. Dont offer it. Change verbage of a CLEARLY stated and calculated promo. Close your eyes. Think of Christmas. Hope nobody notices... on CHRISTMAS.

You do you realize you impacted peoples holiday right? Business rule #1 never, ever screw up Christmas or Birthdays. People dont forget.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ok, have the update: The only pop up crystal pack that is currently available in the game is the 3,500 crystals for $19.99 USD pack, which is 25% more than the normal 2,800 crystal pack at that price. The CG offices are closed for the holidays, so the original post about the holiday pack has been update to reflect the offer that is actually in game.
  • Options
    @mamba Looks like it. So only the $20 packs if you get the pop up.
  • Options
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    Ok, have the update: The only pop up crystal pack that is currently available in the game is the 3,500 crystals for $19.99 USD pack, which is 25% more than the normal 2,800 crystal pack at that price. The CG offices are closed for the holidays, so the original post about the holiday pack has been update to reflect the offer that is actually in game.

Does it come in a loot box friend? I only purchase rng based loot boxes...
  • Options

There is NO OFFER IN GAME. ITS NOT SHOWING.
  • Options

That would be fine except for the fact that some of us haven’t seen the pop up!!! I, along with countless others have not received the crystal or boba bundle pop up a single time. I want to buy both but if the pop up never appears I can’t!
  • Options
    OMG in what world does someone think it's ok to retroactively change an offer. Seriously, like, how in good conscious do you do nothing to communicate to those you've lied to, and then go back and change what you said trying to act like it was something other than a lie.
  • Options
    OMG in what world does someone think it's ok to retroactively change an offer. Seriously, like, how in good conscious do you do nothing to communicate to those you've lied to, and then go back and change what you said trying to act like it was something other than a lie.

The moderators just relay information from the top and it's Christmas so I imagine they get a call to put the fire the main HQ started out by changing the words until they come back in a few days to fix it.
  • Options
    If it is a mistake and the wrong pack got published and it needs time to fix it, it would be better to say it. But with the current edit it reads like that just wording was wrong and the right pack got published.
  • Options
    I just wanted to spend my money on some crystal packs, I would buy all of them, like I always do. Why should I have to beg?
  • Options
    I was going to use some of the vault that I had planned on getting on those ability mat packs. Now I have no clue if an issue (if there really is one) with which crystal packs are available will be resolved before the ability packs disappear.
  • Options
    Unbelievable, just completely unbelievable. I don't even know what to say.
  • Options
    Regardless of the amount of crystals, it seems ridiculous that many people have not even seen any pop-ups in game. I certainly have not I want to know why? What conditions do I need to meet in order to see these mysterious pop-ups? They supposedly started on the 24th and will randomly appear. I'm assuming that they must be using the same sort of RNG that is in game, so many of us can expect that nothing will ever show up. Which basically means the "wonderful" holiday bundles they promised won't actually be available, as they originally stated.
    Thanks for the generous holiday bundles!
    (if they were actually available)
  • Options
    ppl begging to spend money on a not really existent things, i would call this a great success from the other side....
  • Options
    If it is a mistake and the wrong pack got published and it needs time to fix it, it would be better to say it. But with the current edit it reads like that just wording was wrong and the right pack got published.

Maybe, but then again, people aren't even getting the wrong pop up.
  • Options
    exec79 wrote: »
    ppl begging to spend money on a not really existent things, i would call this a great success from the other side....

Not making money due to terrible implementation. Further losing consumer base trust after false advertising to then not delivering is not a good look.
  • Options
    Hopefully, someone will take a long hard look at the way EA has been doing business lately.
  • Options
    TIL rumors of the game dying are greatly exaggerated, with so many people still willing to part w cash, game has legs to go on for a whike more.

More stunts like this, however, can't bode well for retaining goodwill