Pop up crystal sale and Boba Fett pack [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    come here to see if i was missing something since I didn't get pop up..... got to admit, I feel better now that I know I'm not the only one. LOL
  • Options
    Hope they all have lousy vacations after this tease
  • Jake_Skywalker
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Image for a second seeing an ad in the paper for a fully loaded Chevy Camaro at a car dealership for $25,000. That’s a great deal right. So you rush off to the dealership hoping to get this amazing deal only to search the lot for an hour and find nothing.

Now as you are searching for this magical sale a salesperson comes out and informs you that the sale isn’t in fact for a Camaro but a Chevy Malibu instead, and the price isnt 25k its only 20k. Now after searching for this discounted Malibu for an hour the same salesperson tells you that they don’t have any of those either, but if you check in every half hour they might have one.

Pitato is a typo, giving numbers for one item, and then drastically changing them, days later during a Holiday and then saying “our bad” is a scam.

Now let’s see how long this post lasts, because obviously they are shut down for the holidays.
  • Options
    So much for mace fleet mastery refreshes. Never got my promised deal. Everything about the Christmas promo has been a giant disappointment, and the only thing they'll do about it is delete my post for not being happy about being mistreated.
  • Options
    Here's what I think happened...

In an effort to create a spending frenzy EA created this ad to pop up for a very small portion of the population in order to increase the rate by which we play while simultaneously putting on desired packs and events that would drive consumers to purchase currency at regular price because they have been staring at it all day and are scared they will lose the deal. We have the omega packs, g12 packs and increased drops from chromium on a limited time schedule so the assumption is people wait for ads, never seem them, impulse buy the regular packs to get the goods. There assumption is they will make more by creating this awkward and obviously false ad to promote regular pack spending and then make us all feel better after the holiday by saying sorry and putting the packs in the pack store where we all go about out business and purchase as if nothing ever happened. Touchè
  • Options
    Wasn’t there supposed to be an in game pop up for discounted crystals yesterday?
  • Options
    Assuming you are trolling :)

If not then check out the other posts in general chat.
  • Options
    Yeah I found the other posts.
  • Options
    myea8017 wrote: »

In an effort to create a spending frenzy EA created this ad to pop up for a very small portion of the population in order to increase the rate by which we play while simultaneously putting on desired packs and events that would drive consumers to purchase currency at regular price because they have been staring at it all day and are scared they will lose the deal. We have the omega packs, g12 packs and increased drops from chromium on a limited time schedule so the assumption is people wait for ads, never seem them, impulse buy the regular packs to get the goods. There assumption is they will make more by creating this awkward and obviously false ad to promote regular pack spending and then make us all feel better after the holiday by saying sorry and putting the packs in the pack store where we all go about out business and purchase as if nothing ever happened. Touchè

I agree. I almost took the bait too, and I am sure many did. However, now I am reevaluating how much I spend on this game, and how addicted I have become. I missed out on a lot of fun with my family on Christmas just cause I kept having to check the game for a dumb popup. Just think how much you spend on a new toon, and then gear to make that toon viable. It's very frustrating, and I play this game for fun, not frustration.
  • Options
    Metallized wrote: »

I agree. I almost took the bait too, and I am sure many did. However, now I am reevaluating how much I spend on this game, and how addicted I have become. I missed out on a lot of fun with my family on Christmas just cause I kept having to check the game for a dumb popup. Just think how much you spend on a new toon, and then gear to make that toon viable. It's very frustrating, and I play this game for fun, not frustration.

You need to evaluate the term viable. I'm a whale and spend a lot, has that changed my ranking in arena, no, does it make a big difference in tw or tb not really. Try and put spending in terms of return and the guild your in. If making toons viable will guarantee 1st place payout for your 900 arena crystals per day go for it but start to put on return in investment value on what your doing so you can see what you getting back. It will help spending
  • Options
    I see this as an epic fail on CG part. Lots of people, myself included, had saved up to buy the vault of crystals pack that was advertised. Now CG isn’t saying it was the wrong pack advertised.

Instead of people getting use to dropping $100 on the game they have instead disenfranchised 1000s of players from spending. What could have been a huge boost to their bottom line is now a drop. Couple this with their epic fail on battle front 2 and things are not looking well for EA.

This kind of behavior is what makes people start lookin for other games to play. CG should do the right thing and make the sale available. Not through a random pop up but through the store itself. Moreover, they should not just limit it to one purchase total. Maybe 1 purchase a day for 5 days or so. Or 2 purchases total. Make it available for every pack. Give people a reason to spend. It’s obvious from this thread alone that people are willing to spend.
  • Options
    I see this as an epic fail on CG part. Lots of people, myself included, had saved up to buy the vault of crystals pack that was advertised. Now CG isn’t saying it was the wrong pack advertised.

Instead of people getting use to dropping $100 on the game they have instead disenfranchised 1000s of players from spending. What could have been a huge boost to their bottom line is now a drop. Couple this with their epic fail on battle front 2 and things are not looking well for EA.

This kind of behavior is what makes people start lookin for other games to play. CG should do the right thing and make the sale available. Not through a random pop up but through the store itself. Moreover, they should not just limit it to one purchase total. Maybe 1 purchase a day for 5 days or so. Or 2 purchases total. Make it available for every pack. Give people a reason to spend. It’s obvious from this thread alone that people are willing to spend.

That's it, people are willing to spend and a lot too, but you can't spend if the options aren't available
  • Options
    This is about the Boba Fett offer NOT Crystals...

Just got off the phone with EA support. I opened a ticket for the popup offers NOT appearing over the 2 day event.

Support rep states that he does not know of the promotion but they have a bunch of new tickets and calls from SWGoH. I explain that my son and I watched our accounts for 2 days waiting to give them money for the BobA Fett pack.

Support rep states that he needs to reach out to the lead for that product (SWGoH). At this point I realize he does not know about the promotions that were offered (several ignorant statements/questions), but doing his best to find answers.

Rep comes back and states that the Crystal popup promotion was pulled due to a misprint.

I explained AGAIN that I am not calling about the Crystal promotion, but I would like to know why some received the Boba Fett promotion for $9 and others did NOT.

Support rep states that Boba should be available today in store. I explained that the only Boba offer today (for me) is the Slave 1 bundle for $40. This is certainly NOT the same package.

Support rep states that they will most likely offer the same promotions via the store since there was an issue with the delivery, but I should go to the EA Answers page for SWGoH and lodge a complaint so that the product lead/owners for that product will see that there is an issue.

I asked if there will be any kind of a follow up on this issue. The rep politely requested taht I go to the EA answers page for my product and raise an issue on that page/site.

AND that's where this sits...

The EA support representative was very polite and tried to find the information that I wanted, but he was unfamiliar with the product or the promotions offered that he is supporting and when given a blanket answer for the crystal promotion, did not understand what I was talking about.

Ticket closed with no resolution or answers.
  • Options
    Honestly if they would just put the staggered packs in the store for 4 days and let people purchase 1 of each type per day and open the packs up every 4 months they will still make a killing and they can continue putting out events that are offset from these promo packs to cattle the crystal promo to purchasing gear and shards and regular packs to event items and stuff. @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs send this up to your marketing team so they can learn something
  • Options
    I have received a pop up for Boba Holiday Bundle and 20$ Crystal bundle. I and only interested in the 50 or 100$ crystal purchases. Do it like before where people could just buy it in the store as 1 time deal. K,thanks
  • Options
    Waste of time and energy calling a general tech support line for this type of problem. There is no way they can troubleshoot an account pop-up issue on your device especially when it's not consistent for everyone. It's clearly a high level issue that developers will need to look into.
  • Options
    Ankh wrote: »
    This is about the Boba Fett offer NOT Crystals...

Just got off the phone with EA support. I opened a ticket for the popup offers NOT appearing over the 2 day event.

Support rep states that he does not know of the promotion but they have a bunch of new tickets and calls from SWGoH. I explain that my son and I watched our accounts for 2 days waiting to give them money for the BobA Fett pack.

Support rep states that he needs to reach out to the lead for that product (SWGoH). At this point I realize he does not know about the promotions that were offered (several ignorant statements/questions), but doing his best to find answers.

Rep comes back and states that the Crystal popup promotion was pulled due to a misprint.

I explained AGAIN that I am not calling about the Crystal promotion, but I would like to know why some received the Boba Fett promotion for $9 and others did NOT.

Support rep states that Boba should be available today in store. I explained that the only Boba offer today (for me) is the Slave 1 bundle for $40. This is certainly NOT the same package.

Support rep states that they will most likely offer the same promotions via the store since there was an issue with the delivery, but I should go to the EA Answers page for SWGoH and lodge a complaint so that the product lead/owners for that product will see that there is an issue.

I asked if there will be any kind of a follow up on this issue. The rep politely requested taht I go to the EA answers page for my product and raise an issue on that page/site.

AND that's where this sits...

The EA support representative was very polite and tried to find the information that I wanted, but he was unfamiliar with the product or the promotions offered that he is supporting and when given a blanket answer for the crystal promotion, did not understand what I was talking about.

Ticket closed with no resolution or answers.

Sorry to burst your bubble but look at the name of the merged thread.
  • jedibaer71
    576 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    100$ ???

i read always hundred DOLLARS...

very interesting! if i want to buy a 15.710 crystal pack, it would cost 109,99 EURO!!!

~~~ 130 $ !!! in words: one hundred and thirty dollars

30% extra for the same pack!!!

i would pay always more, also if i had a popup offer every day!!

and i was an kitten to believe, that the prices would be equal for all players, so we all have the same conditions...

btw no pop up and no pop down, no 3500 crystals and no boba-pack...

btw what is in the boba pack?
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Metallized wrote: »

In an effort to create a spending frenzy EA created this ad to pop up for a very small portion of the population in order to increase the rate by which we play while simultaneously putting on desired packs and events that would drive consumers to purchase currency at regular price because they have been staring at it all day and are scared they will lose the deal. We have the omega packs, g12 packs and increased drops from chromium on a limited time schedule so the assumption is people wait for ads, never seem them, impulse buy the regular packs to get the goods. Thoere assumption is they will make more by creating this awkward and obviously false ad to promote regular pack spending and then make us all feel better after the holiday by saying sorry and putting the packs in the pack store where we all go about out business and purchase as if nothing ever happened. Touchè

For the past several days, I've done my dailies when family was sleeping. Ignored my arena and fleet rankings and even ignored energy refresh times. I survived as did my game. I have had a pleasant holiday and prefer playing the hands on my terms, not CG's. I am no one's puppet.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Relax, it will pop up when it pops up. just relax.
  • Options
    I bought packs during the November sale in the store and I saw the pop-up for the 25% off last night. Not sure if it is a timed thing to open at a specific time or not, but I did see and get the 19.99 pack so far.
  • Options
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    100$ ???

very interesting! if i want to buy a 15.710 crystal pack, it would cost 109,90 EURO!!!

and i was an **** to believe, that the prices would be equal for all players, so we all have the same conditions...

Is that just the exchange rate? Is 109 the normal price for a vault? If so, I agree with you. Totally unfair.

The Boba pack was $9 and had 80 shards, 1000 crystals, and 1 mill credits. A pretty good deal. I like the $5 packs too, with 200 crystals, a ton of shards for the shard shop, and some credits too.

• Options
    The discount will come when it comes...just relax!
  • Options
    Yesac wrote: »
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    100$ ???

very interesting! if i want to buy a 15.710 crystal pack, it would cost 109,90 EURO!!!

and i was an **** to believe, that the prices would be equal for all players, so we all have the same conditions...

Is that just the exchange rate? Is 109 the normal price for a vault? If so, I agree with you. Totally unfair.

The Boba pack was $9 and had 80 shards, 1000 crystals, and 1 mill credits. A pretty good deal. I like the $5 packs too, with 200 crystals, a ton of shards for the shard shop, and some credits too.

I'm still waiting for a pop up when I do play. Nothing yet
  • Options
    Relax!
  • Options
    NicWebster wrote: »
    Relax!

I'm totes mellow
  • Options
    I feel so.....relaxed.
  • Options
    NicWebster wrote: »
    I feel so.....relaxed.

To bad relaxed doesn't fix anything:/
  • jedibaer71
    576 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @yesac

unfortunately my internet is too slow and i cannot upload the foto.

perhaps another player from europe can make a screenshot with the price of a crystal tresor for 109,99 Euro.

btw crystal-booster was cancelled without replacement and the prices of every pack were +10% for a few mounths.
    Post edited by jedibaer71 on
  • Options
    DarthPhaco wrote: »
    I don't understand why they don't do the regular crystal sale like they do on May 4th. Why would you anger your customer base? Why make it difficult for your customers to spend money? Who is the marketing genius that thought of this plan??

cheerfulhugedutchsmoushond.gif