February speculation (MERGE)

Replies

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I wish I could remember which threads have the people complaining about TLJ so I could remember to stop opening them...

I wish I had a list of folks who want to hug and kiss Snoke so I could ignore their opinions. It's like they've never heard of a red herring before...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    Options
    Alright, so Darth Revan will not happen.
    Not anytime soon at least (they‘d have to change their „LS + DS only“ policy.
    Additionally, I keep wondering. Which rights belong where?

I have absolutely no clue, but for example we had the Fantastic 4 and Spider Man issue in the Marvel CU. Could be law issues here as well?
    Next, I think there are other characters and eras that could be explored.
    Original Sith for example, Darth Bane installing the rule of 2, Dark Troopers (Phase 1-3) from various video game so of old, etc, etc ,etc
    Young Yoda, more Episode 1-6 characters to be able to create -although probably not the most powerful- flavor teams.
    Full old-school rebels team
    Full old-school troopers team

While we are at that, PLEASE! If you going to add FO Riot Trooper at some point:
    PLEASE! Get rid of the shield and give him a provoke called "Traitor!!!" With the spinning stun-baton move from TFA

• xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Revan will happen.
    Snoke will be raid boss.
    Rose, Hux , Dj, BB9 will be Marquee.
    General Leia will be legendary unlocked by resistance.
    PGs will be Marquee , And badass , or strictly part of the Snoke raid.
    Old Luke will be legendary unlocked by ...something to come. Probably new TLJ toons.
    Porg will probably be a pilot or support toon.

Just no weird whales getting milked or whatever they were.

About the movie...
    Snoke isn’t dead. A clone of his was.
    No way he does that early and Rey left t fight an equal.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Cossin wrote: »

I have absolutely no clue, but for example we had the Fantastic 4 and Spider Man issue in the Marvel CU. Could be law issues here as well?

There are no “rights” issues with SWGOH like the MCU involved. EA is the owner of The Old Republic which is why we have the characters from that game that we do, Jedi Consular, Sith Trooper, Darth Nihilus... all made up by EA. They could have inserted any of the KOTOR or TOR MMO into the game at any time, but they are choosing not to. The fact that some of those made up toons are stronger than Emperor Palatine should tell you something. So the only thing holding back development of new toons is the EA/CG crew which is most likely driven by in game “balance”.

As far as Marvel MCU vs Fox vs Sony, Sony has rights to Spider-man and he appeared in Civil War because it was in Sony’s interest to partner with Disney. Same reason Ironman was in the Spider-man movie.

Disney just got all rights from Fox to return X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool to the Marvel MCU with the acquisition they just got. This made a lot of people happy, because Stan Lee now has direct control again. Sony will continue to make Spider-man stand alones for now and Spider-man will continue to appear in future Avengers movies. You will never see another mutant movie or TV show released by Fox.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    You will never see another mutant movie or TV show released by Fox.

BeneficialDefiantHagfish-max-1mb.gif

More importantly, another Fantastic Four from Fox. :#

• Options
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    theHejiN wrote: »
    Just don't let TLJ kill this game as well.
    No Rose please.

I wish they’d just add snoke and that’s it. Screw all the other garbage characters.

Snoke was the biggest disappointment in the whole Star Wars saga. I hope he never gets to the game. If they bring Snoke, they have to bring other joke characters like Jar-Jar Binks.

Jar Jar is arguably a sith lord you will respect his almightyness. May lord Jar Jar reign supreme

Snoke is Jar Jar. just speculating of course
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I don't think they would go this way, given his past injuries and stuff. Just imagine Snoke trying to exactly replicate his scars on each clone... But Sith lords of old are known to survive as force ghosts or bind their essence to holocrons (although I am not sure if it is canon now), so he could do something similar. It would also nicely fit into the mirror opposites theme of the new trilogy, as luke will likely come back as a force ghost too.
  • Atrreyu
    130 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I can't take anyone seriously who calls those TLJ folk "worthless" but wants a coughing chicken robot rework.

Don't be so butt hurt. TLJ was garbage, get over it.
  • Options
    They just need to hurry up and release something
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Trawski wrote: »
    They just need to hurry up and release something

No. No hurrying. You know what happens when they hurry, I will gladly wait for actually finished content.
  • Options
    Atrreyu wrote: »
    I can't take anyone seriously who calls those TLJ folk "worthless" but wants a coughing chicken robot rework.

Don't be so butt hurt. TLJ was garbage, get over it.

Haha...typical “Star Wars fan”
    Movie was doomed before they shot it for people like you.
    Give the franchise a break.
    NO movie is going to make everyone happy.
    Just enjoy the dang ride
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    I don't think they would go this way, given his past injuries and stuff. Just imagine Snoke trying to exactly replicate his scars on each clone... But Sith lords of old are known to survive as force ghosts or bind their essence to holocrons (although I am not sure if it is canon now), so he could do something similar. It would also nicely fit into the mirror opposites theme of the new trilogy, as luke will likely come back as a force ghost too.

So, do we not Need spoiler brackets anymore when talking about TLJ?
    Well, for now I will keep using them, regarding Snoke:
    Rewatch TFA and TLJ. Note the differences in thrones and Snoke‘s scars. Throne is completely different and scars are less deep prevent disappeared in TLJ. And the throne is a completely different one. Either they screwed up really BAD, as it is not just plain movie mistakes it is way too apparent, or it was done on purpose. ->Johnson‘s TLJ was all about deception and believing what you‘ve seen. For us as well as the protagonists.
    Realized it right away in the cinema, while e.g. I didn‘t note Luke not leaving footprints on Crait -although I knew something was going on.
    Similar to Luke, no one ever touched Snoke, nor did Snoke touch Rey. He stopped right before it, you could see the shadow.
    If they really killed him, which doesn’t even make for a great plot device, their (I don‘t know what the department is called) didn‘t check for such errors at all, especially as I don‘t believe they didn’t receive sculpts and/or footage, digital and physical to model TLJ‘s Snoke. It‘s too grave an error to not see it...

There are no “rights” issues with SWGOH like the MCU involved. EA is the owner of The Old Republic which is why we have the characters from that game that we do, Jedi Consular, Sith Trooper, Darth Nihilus... all made up by EA. They could have inserted any of the KOTOR or TOR MMO into the game at any time, but they are choosing not to. The fact that some of those made up toons are stronger than Emperor Palatine should tell you something. So the only thing holding back development of new toons is the EA/CG crew which is most likely driven by in game “balance”.

As far as Marvel MCU vs Fox vs Sony, Sony has rights to Spider-man and he appeared in Civil War because it was in Sony’s interest to partner with Disney. Same reason Ironman was in the Spider-man movie.

Disney just got all rights from Fox to return X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool to the Marvel MCU with the acquisition they just got. This made a lot of people happy, because Stan Lee now has direct control again. Sony will continue to make Spider-man stand alones for now and Spider-man will continue to appear in future Avengers movies. You will never see another mutant movie or TV show released by Fox.

Thanks for clearing that up, regarding the MCU. Yet, I thought Palpatine was the strongest Sith regarding force usuage? In the EU he covered a whole planet, or was it even a system In force lightning? He also created Anakin, out of the force, incubating that kid in Shmi Skywalker?
    I assume both are not really regarded as being canon anymore, are they?
    And again I thought characters like Nihilus have been established in Star Wars lore without any KOTOR etc influences?

(Don’t get me wrong, it is ignorance on my part. I read many online articles about SW lore, but I haven‘t read any books or played games like KOTOR; and even before... have those game character‘s been regarded as canon?)
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Not anytime soon at least.
    Revan will happen.

February. :wink:
  • Options
    I'm keeping a list of the folks who are saying Revan will come in February so I can call them out on their rumor-mongering wrongness in March.
  • Options
    Well even if it's delayed until march, doesn't matter. :D
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I'm keeping a list of the folks who are saying Revan will come in February so I can call them out on their rumor-mongering wrongness in March.

Is this like a Santa Clause list or Pablo Escobar list?
    The thing that bothers me about revan - it’s not topical at all. And what Jedi are there in game for his unlock as well.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    No Jedi. SA, ST and probably new kotor toons for the $$$ like a Sith Heavy Gunner, Sith Commander or Sith Guardmen I guess.
  • Options
    Fatzke wrote: »
    No Jedi. SA, ST and probably new kotor toons like a Sith Heavy Gunner, Sith Commander or Sith Guardmen I guess.

Idk. I know sith had their rework and dn was released in feb. if they are doing a sitha versary I hope they do the qol versary as well
  • Options
    DN is in the game, HK-47 is in the game. It would be great to get a new tag for Old Republic and add Bastila, T3-M4, and Revan. It wouldn't be too difficult to make Revan and Darth Revan so you have a LS ad DS
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Oh, just saw something and it is exactly what I‘d wish there would be something similar in SWGOH:

Marvel: Strike Force... I don‘t want to advertise it, as it apparently „borrows“ quite a lot from SWGOH and similar games, BUT the interaction of the characters is EXACTLY what I‘m missing from SWGOH!
    Characters dodge, duck if someone behind them shoots, get blown of their feet just get up again!
    While I always said I‘d wish there was interaction between characters, I‘d wished that even more for fleet. For a space fight it is optically way too static. A system similar to Strike Force with chasing fighters, barrel rolling behind eachother to indicate it‘ll be their turn next etc.... that would be absolutely stunning and I believe doable...
    That would be an AWESOME February addition/change!
    Let us farm without anything new, update the engine to something similar and great God... awesomesauce!
  • Options
    We need a new raid. and also another qol update. period
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    All I can say is prepare to be unprepared. Whatever drops, it’ll require something few, if any, of us have. I figure a couple of marquis events as P2W fodder that will be required for the next big legendary.

Good guess , here's mine
    Hux and praetorian guard = marquee
    Snoke =legendary and the above as well as Kylo , and snape and phasma will be needed
    BB9E will be legendary and need any resistance

Palpatine zeta and Mace windu /kit fisto rework along with mythic emperors demise

Well said. Though Snoke is likely a raid boss

Snoke as a raid boss would be tons of fun. Fight your way through The Supremacy against FO Executioners and a Spear-wielding Phasma, then against Praetorians and Snoke.

Snoke as Raid Boss. I like it. Where's the petition? I'll sign it.
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Options
    How about having a new guild raid where the rewards are revan fragments. You get so many as per usual raid, but at the end you choose whether to have him as Darth Revan or just revan but can only get the one and each has a different build set etc. Would be a good move imo. Would love some more kotor characters or even bane to be introduced.
  • Options
    Greeboy wrote: »
    It will be new movie stuff...Im guessing Rose, Paige, Hodo, Resistance Bomber and the Radus are coming and you'll need the new FO stuff (unmasked Kylo, Etc) to unlock some of it

I’m trying to forget about how horrible Rose and Hodo were... I hope to god we don’t have to deal with them in game anytime soon.

Honestly I don’t know who “Paige” even is... sad some of the characters were so dull that they made literally no imprint on my memory at all lol.

Paige is Rose’s sister and they are the main characters in a prequel book that literally takes place just before TLJ. In fact lots of stuff in the movie makes sense only because of the book.... otherwise it’s just extraneous or “who cares stuff”. It’s an easy read and not bad.

Which prequel book u referring to?
  • Options
    No Jedi. SA, ST and probably new kotor toons like a Sith Heavy Gunner, Sith Commander or Sith Guardmen I guess.

Idk. I know sith had their rework and dn was released in feb. if they are doing a sitha versary I hope they do the qol versary as well

OMG - I am so down with a Sith-aversary. This needs to be a thing.
    Ready for Spider leg maul and Darth Malak anytime.
    source.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    Options
    Chiggy83 wrote: »
    How about having a new guild raid where the rewards are revan fragments. You get so many as per usual raid, but at the end you choose whether to have him as Darth Revan or just revan but can only get the one and each has a different build set etc. Would be a good move imo. Would love some more kotor characters or even bane to be introduced.

Doesn‘t work as anybody who wants to win games would choose LS Revan and people would complain that they made the wrong choice, their finger slipped or whatever
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options

source.gif

This game would jump to top 5 in the App Store spending category if they released more KOTOR characters. DN is one of my favorite in the entire game. Imagine Malak, Revan, Bastilla, etc! They could go on!
  • Options

A Santa list, to be sure!

I'm just thinking back to when Mother Talzin was released and the run-up to that where all these folks were stating definitively and with absolute certainty that you would not only need a Separatist squad to unlock her, you would need a 7* General Greivous. I don't know if they were jerks just goofing off and trying to start a rumor or if they were misled by other rumors, but I don't care--stating rumors as facts is dangerous, and when folks do it they need to be called out.
  • Options

source.gif

A lot of ppl would be really hype for every feb.

A Santa list, to be sure!

I'm just thinking back to when Mother Talzin was released and the run-up to that where all these folks were stating definitively and with absolute certainty that you would not only need a Separatist squad to unlock her, you would need a 7* General Greivous. I don't know if they were jerks just goofing off and trying to start a rumor or if they were misled by other rumors, but I don't care--stating rumors as facts is dangerous, and when folks do it they need to be called out.

For sure. I mean anything is plausible now. After rey requirements will people really scoff at rumors. Because for the longest time double vets were just that - rumors. Like I said he whole revan thing doesn’t seem topical at this moment and Idk why dn wouldn’t be added with the two other siths for must haves. Also the appeal for revan imo was the Ls/ds factor which works with tbs now. And if true might be the most reluctant toon to platoon.

Side note - I was doing some digging on R1 release and it’s corresponding toons. We re pretty much even at this point when it comes to TLJ. Also r1 was when tournies were starting to take off. I expect more toons weekly at this point.
    Hopefully it’s not those crazy wicket and talzin like events.
  • Options

Original Sith for example, Darth Bane installing the rule of 2, Dark Troopers (Phase 1-3) from various video game so of old, etc, etc ,etc
    Young Yoda, more Episode 1-6 characters to be able to create -although probably not the most powerful- flavor teams.
    Full old-school rebels team
    Full old-school troopers team

While we are at that, PLEASE! If you going to add FO Riot Trooper at some point:
    PLEASE! Get rid of the shield and give him a provoke called "Traitor!!!" With the spinning stun-baton move from TFA

You must not read what the Devs say often but they take characters from specific times in their lives. So Revan could be in the game as a DS or LS whichever version they decide to do