February speculation (MERGE)

Replies

• Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Sza_Bo wrote: »
    I’m guessing we’ll get a bounty hunter pass, because they gave bounty hunters a special place in the dark side tw. They can add DJ to tie into the new movie, while adding a couple missing favorites, and probably slap some zetas on the old ones.

as much as i wouldn't mind this happening, i have to say no. Separatist need to have something done first, the only faction in the games with 0 synergy. the tuskins have more synergy then them.

I agree they need it, and I’d love it, but I think it’s less likely.

Good point above that DJ is more scoundrel than BH, but they could introduce him with a scoundrel pass in which they update many BHs.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    I’m guessing we’ll get a bounty hunter pass, because they gave bounty hunters a special place in the dark side tw. They can add DJ to tie into the new movie, while adding a couple missing favorites, and probably slap some zetas on the old ones.

as much as i wouldn't mind this happening, i have to say no. Separatist need to have something done first, the only faction in the games with 0 synergy. the tuskins have more synergy then them.

Good point above that DJ is more scoundrel than BH, but they could introduce him with a scoundrel pass in which they update many BHs.

I know they want to capitalize on TLJ, but DJ and Rose would be a big snooze. I have a hard time believing anyone would be excited to obtain or spend money to acquire them. FO executioner is kind of cool, but still relatively lackluster. Snoke and Praetorians may be the only toons I could get excited for from TLJ.
  • Options

I would love to see a separatist rework done. Nute Gunray and Grievous specifically need to be better leaders for separatists, and on top of that, we need more of the awesome battle droids shown in the prequels and the clone wars series. Tactical droids would be a nice addition, droidekas, b1 battle droids, rocket droids, jet droids, etc. and there were so many separatist supporters that could be thrown in (umbarans, banking clan, spies, etc.). It's a shame to see how bad the separatists have become considering how formidable of an opponent they were (they started a war that is still throwing the galaxy for a loop near 60 years later!) in the movies. Despite how much the BH faction could use new characters and a rework...the separatist needed more. They started on ground zero and haven't moved an inch. At least the BH faction has remote amounts of synergy.

Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »

I know they want to capitalize on TLJ, but DJ and Rose would be a big snooze. I have a hard time believing anyone would be excited to obtain or spend money to acquire them. FO executioner is kind of cool, but still relatively lackluster. Snoke and Praetorians may be the only toons I could get excited for from TLJ.
    1) A lot of folks outside of your reddit really liked DJ and Rose.
    2) Not all characters have to be endgame revenue generators (Pao, Bistan, even Biggs and Wedge).
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options
    OMG content update prepping!!!! All our dreams are coming true today!!!!! Happy New Year!!!

I dreamed about one FO toon without a real name? Huh.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

2) Not all characters have to be endgame revenue generators (Pao, Bistan, even Biggs and Wedge).

This isn’t reddit but ok. Rose and DJ are on par with Jar Jar tbh.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

This isn’t reddit but ok. Rose and DJ are on par with Jar Jar tbh.

DJ is fine, Del Toro is imo one of the best actors in the movie. Rose, though...
  • Options
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    theHejiN wrote: »
    Just don't let TLJ kill this game as well.
    No Rose please.

I wish they’d just add snoke and that’s it. Screw all the other garbage characters.

Snoke was the biggest disappointment in the whole Star Wars saga. I hope he never gets to the game. If they bring Snoke, they have to bring other joke characters like Jar-Jar Binks.

Question... do you like Darth Maul? Do you like Emperor Palp? Snoke is all of the same. Everyone complains about that and it's annoying. Both maul and Palp died in their trilogy within one movie. It isn't about snoke. In fact Kylo is the last Skywalker in the saga now, what better way to make a Skywalker officially be the most powerful and in control of the whole galaxy? Think people.
  • Options
    Anyways, what about the new royal guards...?
  • Options
    Anyways, what about the new royal guards...?
    Too dark sidey
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options

Question... do you like Darth Maul? Do you like Emperor Palp? Snoke is all of the same. Everyone complains about that and it's annoying. Both maul and Palp died in their trilogy within one movie. It isn't about snoke. In fact Kylo is the last Skywalker in the saga now, what better way to make a Skywalker officially be the most powerful and in control of the whole galaxy? Think people.

I think people just wanted to know SOMETHING about Snoke or have his death mean more than a promotion. Maybe it'll be a good setup for the next film, maybe not.

The Emperor on the other hand, we didn't know much about him, but the lead up and his death meant a lot. It showed that Luke was actually not as powerful as everyone thought yet and couldn't take on EP. We learned that Vader did in fact still have good in him and the single act of killing the emperor saved the galaxy, saved his son and saved his soul.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I still don't know who snoke is or why. he did nothing in the movies. not as bad as rose as a char of course, but who cares?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I still don't know who snoke is or why. he did nothing in the movies. not as bad as rose as a char of course, but who cares?
    He's kind of a big deal since he killed Dumbledore.
  • Options
    Luuke wrote: »

I think people just wanted to know SOMETHING about Snoke or have his death mean more than a promotion. Maybe it'll be a good setup for the next film, maybe not.

The Emperor on the other hand, we didn't know much about him, but the lead up and his death meant a lot. It showed that Luke was actually not as powerful as everyone thought yet and couldn't take on EP. We learned that Vader did in fact still have good in him and the single act of killing the emperor saved the galaxy, saved his son and saved his soul.

And we also saw that the Emperor was not an incompetent, buffoon of a character that died like a lame Newb...I don't even know how someone can compare the magnitude of the Emperor's death scene and it's meaning in the entire trilogy to what happened to Snoke and how it happened. EP's death also required the death of DV ...a huge character and powerful one as well. Kylo just turned on a LS :) No sacrifice. No build up.

Maul also...sure he died, but he killed freaking QGJ!!! He didn't go out like a lame chump. How many people would fare well fighting 2 Jedi in a row (let's be real - fighting takes energy) and the second one being a young ...but legendary Jedi in Old Ben. So maul took out one great Jedi and was bested by arguably the most influential / powerful Jedi in the entire story. Snoke did.....absolutely nothing. And the tease of his immense force powers just made the death all the more ridiculous. But watch...some random book is going to be written and we're going to find out ... Snoke's ONE WEAKNESS was he was blind in his right eye from past injuries and this was Kylo outwitting his OP master and exploiting that one known weakness that no one else knew about.
  • Options
    Luuke wrote: »

And we also saw that the Emperor was not an incompetent, buffoon of a character that died like a lame Newb...I don't even know how someone can compare the magnitude of the Emperor's death scene and it's meaning in the entire trilogy to what happened to Snoke and how it happened. EP's death also required the death of DV ...a huge character and powerful one as well. Kylo just turned on a LS :) No sacrifice. No build up.

Maul also...sure he died, but he killed freaking QGJ!!! He didn't go out like a lame chump. How many people would fare well fighting 2 Jedi in a row (let's be real - fighting takes energy) and the second one being a young ...but legendary Jedi in Old Ben. So maul took out one great Jedi and was bested by arguably the most influential / powerful Jedi in the entire story. Snoke did.....absolutely nothing. And the tease of his immense force powers just made the death all the more ridiculous. But watch...some random book is going to be written and we're going to find out ... Snoke's ONE WEAKNESS was he was blind in his right eye from past injuries and this was Kylo outwitting his OP master and exploiting that one known weakness that no one else knew about.

Freaking lol I can’t even..... I could totally see that happening with snokes weakness
  • Options
    I think for once I would like the devs to hold off on brand new characters and work on some legitimate QoL things like better mod management for mod swapping, the ability to easily view inventory items (i.e. gear pieces, training droids, and ability mats), the ability to either sell gear pieces (once again) or convert a set amount of lower tier pieces to higher tiers, higher tier challenges, omegas for ships, and hardware abilities for ships, and some refreshes to arena store, GW store and cantina store (all of which have become stale). We could also do with a ship raid to give that mode life. Or maybe even some DS or LS battle equivalents
  • Options
    Sec, looks like they are listening. There are hints everywhere about the version update coming. But the movie is golden right now. New content can be awesome. I don't even care what it is as long as it's New. People curling about rose make me laugh. We are gp hunters. If not, why do we all have wiggs? Chase? Nightsisters? Ewok? Jawa? Because we want to own this game. Quit crying and start farming boy s and girls. This is why we play. Lose the entitlement and get on board.
  • Options
    New characters and quality of life are handled by different departments. CG isn't a one-person operation, they're capable of both walking and chewing gum.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    No Rose please.

I wish they’d just add snoke and that’s it. Screw all the other garbage characters.

Snoke was the biggest disappointment in the whole Star Wars saga. I hope he never gets to the game. If they bring Snoke, they have to bring other joke characters like Jar-Jar Binks.

Little nitpick:
    He is Ben Solo, not Ben Skywalker
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Cossin wrote: »
    No Rose please.

Little nitpick:
    He is Ben Solo, not Ben Skywalker

Going this way, Leia wasn't a Skywalker either.

• Options
    He is Leia Skywalkers son too. Makes him as much skywalker as Luke, who is half amadaila
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options
    Corey5068 wrote: »
    Luke, who is half amadaila

Ugh.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Yeah. Lucas. Gotta love him. Now that he's gone anyway. I'll be happy when the movies have moved away from the original characters. I'm tired of listening to haters on the topic that molded my childhood. I look back and wonder what the 80s would have been like for me if the starwars phenomenon hadn't taken hold of me in the late 70s.
  • Options
    A part of my inner Star Wars fan died after watching the pile of garbage that was TLJ. I think another piece is going to die when Rose's character ends up being flat out better than legendary characters like General Grievous and Mace Windu. I'd be far more excited to just get some reworks than Rose.
  • Options
    Corey5068 wrote: »
    He is Leia Skywalkers son too. Makes him as much skywalker as Luke, who is half amadaila

Doesn‘t change the fact that he‘s a Solo not a Skywalker. Just saying.
  • Options
    That's a legal distinction they we don't know even exists in the galaxy far far away.
  • Shonkathonk
    519 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Will point out Leia was still alive at the end of episode 8... sooooo yhhhh

Edit: autocorrect shenanigans
  • Options
    True
  • Options
    Noataq wrote: »
    If not even a single praetorian guard with FO tag is not added to the game, that will be a big fail for CG. I want several but that may be wishful thinking

Yup for sure. Weird that they would release FOE and not Praetorian Guard, who actually fought Rey and Kylo and presented themselves as deadly and capable.