February speculation (MERGE)

Replies

• Options
    Right now, nothing is happening. Nothing. Might be the most boring stretch in the game ever for me.

Down the line? They love to be coy. *shrug* All I know is right now, I'm bored.
  • Options
    Palp event is February 8th.
    If a rework is to happen, look for announcement the 6th or 7th. And look for the mythic event on the 10th or 11th.
    Rework won’t bring them $$$$ so expect a new toon or two as well
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I don't post much but I often lurk on these forums. I really don't understand the public relations side of CG. This is not to complain, merely to inquire. Why do you post an event calendar for the month just to fill it with the random events we essentially know are coming. Some of your employees tease updates/announcements and use the one true bad word
    "soon"
    in regards to announcements. I do think CG does a better job than some companies at interacting with the community, but I know I personally could deal with less torture on the information front =P Thanks for reading!

I’ve memtioned this before. Releasing an event calendar for the month that purposely excludes the new event we all actually care about is rather pointless. No offense, but we could care less about existing events. We want to know when the new stuff drops.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Right now, nothing is happening. Nothing. Might be the most boring stretch in the game ever for me.

Nothing has happened since the Rey event in early December, and most F2P players couldn’t complete it. I really can’t remember the last time I was excited to log in for new content. Territory wars, a little bit? What was that, October? We need some new exciting content fast.
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »

Nothing has happened since the Rey event in early December, and most F2P players couldn’t complete it. I really can’t remember the last time I was excited to log in for new content. Territory wars, a little bit? What was that, October? We need some new exciting content fast.

1- they will never forecast a new toon , event or game mode. And why should they? There is more profit for them in a surprise. It’s a business after all.

2- There is going to be a new “sandbox mode” where you can challenge fellow guildmates teams. Sort of a practice mode.
    After they release that though, outside of adding a fleet raid or another raid...what kind of content would you suggest for something new?
    There already is a lot happening to focus on between new modes added last year and new farms.

• Options
    If they add much more...
    They may as well rename the game “Second Life”
  • Options
    I don't post much but I often lurk on these forums. I really don't understand the public relations side of CG. This is not to complain, merely to inquire. Why do you post an event calendar for the month just to fill it with the random events we essentially know are coming. Some of your employees tease updates/announcements and use the one true bad word
    "soon"
    in regards to announcements. I do think CG does a better job than some companies at interacting with the community, but I know I personally could deal with less torture on the information front =P Thanks for reading!

I’ve memtioned this before. Releasing an event calendar for the month that purposely excludes the new event we all actually care about is rather pointless. No offense, but we could care less about existing events. We want to know when the new stuff drops.

The only problem with this is new content requires far more testing and polishing than content that's already in the game and proven to be stable.

We've already got people claiming a road ahead post was to come last week when that was never said, the moment they put new things in the calender and miss a date what's going to happen?

Can't win either way so might as well go the route that has the leasr commitment and risk of dusappointment.

• Options
    Look for a “client restart” this coming Tuesday or Wednesday.
    If we are going to have a palp mythic event and rework.
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »

We've already got people claiming a road ahead post was to come last week when that was never said...

To be fair, I believe that was accidentally posted by Kozi, and then retracted. If people missed the retraction, I can see why they would have expected the 'road ahead' post to have dropped already.
  • Options
    Man, I’m excited for this month. Dark side needs some love and I think regardless of what is released it’s gonna be awesome. Sure if they’re all marquee we’ll only have them 3* but hopefully there is some other stuff too. It doesn’t matter what gets released I think it’s gonna be cool. With that being said, what are you guys hoping for?
  • Options
    I'm hoping that whatever is coming has been thoroughly tested and is bug free. That's it. That's all I want.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »

We've already got people claiming a road ahead post was to come last week when that was never said

Actually it was said. Kozi admitted that she didn't carefully read what she was responding to and that it was her mistake.
  • Options
    This just occurred to me, but with part of the Palpatine quote in red, maybe royal guard is getting a boost to go with EP's zeta.
  • Options
    Scotte8797 wrote: »
    Man, I’m excited for this month. Dark side needs some love and I think regardless of what is released it’s gonna be awesome. Sure if they’re all marquee we’ll only have them 3* but hopefully there is some other stuff too. It doesn’t matter what gets released I think it’s gonna be cool. With that being said, what are you guys hoping for?

You know what would be painfully funny? For them to release Sion and Traya leading to Darth Revan, Palpatine zetas, Vader's unique, Snoke and plenty of DS stuff only for Hero's Journey Jedi Knight Luke to crush them all and create the new Rebel/Jedi meta. Good for Jedi fans, but I bet Rebels will be there somehow.
  • Options
    This just occurred to me, but with part of the Palpatine quote in red, maybe royal guard is getting a boost to go with EP's zeta.

I’d be down for that.

While I’d like for February to focus on EP+sith/empire, I am still hoping to get a few praetorian guards from the last jedi. They were seriously rad.
  • Options
    Noataq wrote: »

I’d be down for that.

While I’d like for February to focus on EP+sith/empire, I am still hoping to get a few praetorian guards from the last jedi. They were seriously rad.

Indeed they were. I'm wondering how would CG introduce Praetorian guards. I mean, there were several of them, all with different armor and weapons. Will they introduce only one with Snoke? Maybe two with synergies? Time will tell.
    One thing's for sure, though. They will be in the game.
  • Options
    CG needs to start releasing or fixing characters soon. Han Solo Anthology movie release is May which means more OP Rebel toons to add while still not addressing player issues

Thrawn event giving Ship with less than required stats on Rebels.
    Why Holdo/Rose gave differing shard rewards for low level players
    Raid payout mats for HAAT are mixed with trash obtained from brozium cards and challenge mats
    Why we are told to contact EA about bugs and when reported to EA they say it’s a CG issue and it’s never addressed.
    Why people were banned and exiled for using DSTB exploit, but not Thrawn Ship exploit.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    If HAAT has taught me anything it's that you can never have too much challenge gear - apparently.
  • Options
    CG could we have some news? Since Jedi Rey nothing really happened. We should stop releasing Calendars if there is NO useful information on them.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    CG could we have some news? Since Jedi Rey nothing really happened. We should stop releasing Calendars if there is NO useful information on them.

Agreed. Stop releasing incomplete calendars. It’s honestly useless.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

I really don’t understand this attitude. Some information is better than no information.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

I really don’t understand this attitude. Some information is better than no information.

It’s literally no information. We know territory wars are happening. Who cares what dates? We know Omega events will show up, but do you really care when? Most players have beaten all legendary events. Nothing on that calendar makes me look forward to a date and say, “oh boy! I’m so excited for Territory Wars Feb 21-23!” I look forward to new content I haven’t seen before, and nothing of that sort is ever on the initial calendar release. It’s a poor way to treat the community because all it makes us do is panic farm.
  • Options
    I just want an update about the new content. The calendar is nice for TB and any assault battles but otherwise it’s eh. Especially if the mythic for yoda and palp aren’t ready yet.
    I miss the old days where when there was a big update coming for the month, we would get an update in the first week and know what’s coming, how to prepare and if needed use the packs that were rolled to finish out what we couldn’t farm in time. Ahhh the days of the Republic...true peace and harmony :wink:
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

It’s literally no information. We know territory wars are happening. Who cares what dates? We know Omega events will show up, but do you really care when? Most players have beaten all legendary events. Nothing on that calendar makes me look forward to a date and say, “oh boy! I’m so excited for Territory Wars Feb 21-23!” I look forward to new content I haven’t seen before, and nothing of that sort is ever on the initial calendar release. It’s a poor way to treat the community because all it makes us do is panic farm.

It is literally not no information. It’s not the information you want, but it’s information and it’s useful to some people. E.g. people who don’t have 7* Palpatine were probably very interested in the date of his event. You might not care what the TB/TW dates are, but there are people who do, including me.

I get that you want the exciting information up front, but it’s not going to happen. There’s no reason to ask for the non-exciting information to be taken away. If you hate the calendar that much just don’t click on it.
  • Options
    Update coming today?
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Update coming today?

To tell us February update is a no go due to bugs.
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Update coming today?

To tell us February update is a no go due to bugs.

Or to tell us "march will be great!"
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Ok,I’ll put it differently,the calendar is useless for 80% of the community so shall we make one that makes us happy too? People that have unlocked most legendary events and couldn’t get Jedi Rey have found excitement in nothing since TW release.
  • Options
    Ok,I’ll put it differently,the calendar is useless for 80% of the community so shall we make one that makes us happy too? People that have unlocked most legendary events and couldn’t get Jedi Rey have found excitement in nothing since TW release.

There was excitement about TW? Where was I?
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    06xngjy8fhc0.gif
    Alllmooooost therrrrrre....
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107