Character Strategy- Emperor Palpatine

Replies

• Teweedo wrote: »
    Ghostdogg wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    ...or with Thrawn.

Forgot it. It stay limited IMO. I'm not crying, i just search just what i don't see through that.
    He is just more effective only against Jedi/rebels.

Which right now most top 10 arena teams are rebels.

They are? Rebels are gone from my shard, outside of R2.

Same here excep for CLS. It is Mostly Jedi Rey/ bb8 /r2/ +2

Agree - the Rebel-countering aspect is about 2 months late.
  • It is and I agree jrey will still be meta... But this game has had a problem with diversity in arena for some time now and I believe this will fix it
  • Will the Vader and Palp reworks be active for TW?
  • These reworks on Vader and Palpatine’s health are gonna phase out my Nihilus as I run a DN (L) with Vader, Palp, CLS and Thrawn
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Achilles wrote: »
    Cute rework ... of both ... EP and Vader ... maybe they will be a better help in DS TB now, but outside of this they will still get eaten by NS.

I'm guessing you didn't watch any of the videos. Nightsister fell faster than ANY of the meta teams they showed these reworks against.

Hot knife through butter, so to speak.

I now watched 5 if those videos and sorry, maybe you havnt noticed, but all Videos show the same battles over and over again. Lol They took 1 lame ns squad with nearly no speed in mods and fought them once, to show it in every single vid @.@ ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Cute rework ... of both ... EP and Vader ... maybe they will be a better help in DS TB now, but outside of this they will still get eaten by NS.

I'm guessing you didn't watch any of the videos. Nightsister fell faster than ANY of the meta teams they showed these reworks against.

Hot knife through butter, so to speak.

I now watched 5 if those videos and sorry, maybe you havnt noticed, but all Videos show the same battles over and over again. Lol They took 1 lame ns squad with nearly no speed in mods and fought them once, to show it in every single vid @.@ ...

The gamechangers don't have access yet so there's some dev recorded gameplay that they were provided with.
  • Teweedo
    39 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Something to look at for the devs (I have no idea if they read this) :

The changes to "Crackling doom" affect how Stagger will function.

This is a critical change to Palpatine + Krennic and it just struck me that it will deteriorate their combined effectiveness.

The way it is now you can Stagger the opposing team with Krennic and use Palpatine to remove turn meter on the enemy without triggering counter attacks or/and work through Stealth and Foresight. This is because "Crackling doom" count as being attacked.

This is a very important way to make Krennic/Palpatine effective playing together.

Now the issue is that Crackling Doom will trigger at the start of an enemy turn and that is proving problematic because it means at least 1 of the Stagger will let the opponent fight THEN will trigger on the ALREADY 0% turn meter thus waste one of the Stagger.

It is already hard enough to put Stagger on enemies due to the tons of Foresight/Tenacity Up/Counter attack in the current meta, now we are going to systematically lose one Stagger due to Crackling Doom that will trigger it at the wrong moment on top of letting the opponent play.

Example :

Enemy CLS is at 90%TM and is next to play. He has the Stagger debuff on him.
    Palpatine is starting its turn and use "Let the hate flow" to buff his team.

1) With the current mechanics when Palpatine end his turn CLS turn meter is pushed back to 0% due to Crackling Doom triggering. CLS do NOT get to play this turn.

BUT

2) With the planned changes CLS would be able to play THEN trigger Stagger and waste the debuff because his TM is already at 0.

Honestly a simple fix would be that Crackling Doom triggers BEFORE each enemy turn which will then remove TM correctly.
  • If you zeta Crackling Doom, does it hurt RHan when he goes first in a match? It reads like it will...
  • Okay, 5% TM when a debuff expires. Is this actually going to work before I put a zeta on it?

Because I'm still being burned by the 5% TM gain from Talzin's lead not working.... thank you for confirming.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • @Sawyerstooth I can confirm it does hurt Han during his opening move. He doesn't have much health though, so the damage is pretty small (~10% of protection)
  • Teweedo
    39 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Woh this is worse than I thought... Crackling down does NO longer trigger stagger...
  • +50% prot on zeta unique papa palpi is bad. Raid han triple shoot him like he was nothing. I realize the armor number don't change. And he have low base protection, +50% prot add is small.

Hot knife through butter + Wasted zeta
  • Merovingen
    16 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @CG_Kozispoon what`s wrong with Palp unique??? Text says "at the start of EACH enemy turn..." So i expected that it will work as Chirrut unique but for enemy turns. But it works so bad now! Even worse than before rework. That makes Palp so weak, he can`t damage at all. I tested his unique on GW and i`ve been so dissapointed...
    How it should work (leading to unique text):
    Enemies have team Boba, Vader, Mace and old Ben. You attack Vader and he gets Shock ability. Boba is next to play, at the start of his turn Vader and Mace take damage 20% of max hp, and Old Ben takes 40%. On Vader turn he and Mace takes 20%, Old Ben 40%. At the Ben next turn, he takes 40%, Mace and Vader 20%. So We have 60% damage from 4 turns for Mace and Vader and 120% Damage for Old Ben
    What we have now:
    Boba is next to play, at the start of his turn nothing happens. On Vader turn he atakes 20%. At the Ben next turn, he takes 40%. So We have 20% damage for Vader and 40% Damage for Old Ben.
    40% for Old Ben on average characteristics (30k HP and 80k protection) is 12000. After his turn he has 30k HP and 68k protection. It` soooooo looooow for current meta, it can work only on DSTB and not playable for arena.
    p.s. make NS great again. Good rework, thank you
  • The worst rework i've ever seen. Not only you made us wait for ages to get something new on the dark side, but it even sucks (more than usual). I hope you are releasing the true EP and Vader rework soon because this is a bad joke.
  • AndyCola
    20 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Post edited by AndyCola on
  • Palpatine (L) lost half of his burst damages due to Crackling Doom changes.
    It no longer refresh Choke AND it does no longer trigger Stagger.

The 5% TM makes little difference and the new Steal Health buff is pretty useless.

The only positive change is a tad more survivability for Palpatine and the AOE stun buff. But overall Palpatine got somewhat worse.
  • The worst rework i've ever seen. Not only you made us wait for ages to get something new on the dark side, but it even sucks (more than usual). I hope you are releasing the true EP and Vader rework soon because this is a bad joke.

+1, pretty disappointed so far
  • Hmmm don’t think I am happy with this rework they nerfed Palpatine bit too much and buffed Darth Vader by his speed I think Palpatine needs another rework because after this update he seems useless now I actually couldn’t wa8t till I got Palpatine but now he seems useless ;/
  • This is the only zeta I have been upset about and I zetas Sid. He still gets one shot by Han. His basic no longer damages jedis and rebels like it used to. It feels like he was nerfed more than reworked. Do us a favor and just retire him from the game for about 6 months and then bring him back when he’s done right. This was a bunch of hype for nothing.
  • Finally used my Sith team in GW again after the rework. I've never seen a rework marketed as a buff come out so much as a nerf. Changing EP from doing shock damage at the end of his turn to the beginning of enemy turns ruined the character. Not sure if he's worth anything now :/
  • Here is my sad story.
    Decided to try reworked "counter-rebel" abilities in TW against CLS team.
    I presumed that as my empire guys were faster I should be able to shut down rebels. Initial stun from Han seemed not to be a big deal.
    That was a huge mistake as I forgot that Crackling Doom was *reworked*.
    What happened:
    1) Han shot first;
    2) Han got damage from Crackling Doom;
    3) CLS got 10% tm from his unique;
    4) CLS made his move;
    5) all rebels got 10% tm from IBAT;
    6) my empire was shut down and destroyed.
    Before rework that would have been whole different story. *sigh*
    Actually in this case "rework" appears to be beneficial to rebels while it was intended to counter them.
    So why shouldn't we call it a nerf?
  • J3FF
    69 posts Member
    If Palps lead is zeta’d, and an enemy toon is defeated that had 3 debuffs does that count towards the 5% tm gain that his zeta gives?

And if it does; is Palp going to get 15% or 30% tm because of the Sith/Empire tag?
  • JijackCana
    105 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @CG_Kozispoon
    I have a question about EP unique zeta. It says Jedi and rebel as well as shocked enemy lose 20%health... why isn't this happening?
    Post edited by JijackCana on
  • Palpatine lead zeta is broken the TM is not being granted to sith and empire allies like it should. Are they going to fix this before DSTB? I spent these zetas
  • I think Palpatine’s rework could be made significantly better by increasing the health steal buff granted by “Let the Hate Flow” to two turns, or even three. That way, your team can have constant health steal to make up for the lack of health and protection Sith currently have.
    This would also go well under a DN lead, adding even more health steal to the mix.
  • IgneoMorte
    253 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    Finally used my Sith team in GW again after the rework. I've never seen a rework marketed as a buff come out so much as a nerf. Changing EP from doing shock damage at the end of his turn to the beginning of enemy turns ruined the character. Not sure if he's worth anything now :/

I am not sure if this is the case or not, but if DoTs triggered AFTER palpatine’s Damage, then DoTs could kill an opponent at the start of their turn. This would be a good combo with Vader. (If DoTs trigger before Palp’s Damage, then the toon won’t die.)
    Also, if the opponent took damage after Palp’s turn, they could get healed before you have a chance to kill them.

Edit: @CG_Kozispoon what is the order for DoTs and Palps turn damage?
  • EP's basic description is wrong. It should say "(small) chance to shock".
    Also, can the rework be undone? After this huge nerf, EP is so bad that it has broken my empire team.
  • EP's basic description is wrong. It should say "(small) chance to shock".
    Also, can the rework be undone? After this huge nerf, EP is so bad that it has broken my empire team.

U need high potency mod. Mine at 110% potency. But it's not guarantee always shock. Need to remind u, there is new chars that can boost tenacity to 100% (plus their tenacity stat). Like cls learn control zeta, ebb n flow zeta thrawn, etc etc
  • Ghostdogg wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    ...or with Thrawn.

Forgot it. It stay limited IMO. I'm not crying, i just search just what i don't see through that.
    He is just more effective only against Jedi/rebels.

Which right now most top 10 arena teams are rebels.

They are? Rebels are gone from my shard, outside of R2.
    Here is my sad story.
    Decided to try reworked "counter-rebel" abilities in TW against CLS team.
    I presumed that as my empire guys were faster I should be able to shut down rebels. Initial stun from Han seemed not to be a big deal.
    That was a huge mistake as I forgot that Crackling Doom was *reworked*.
    What happened:
    1) Han shot first;
    2) Han got damage from Crackling Doom;
    3) CLS got 10% tm from his unique;
    4) CLS made his move;
    5) all rebels got 10% tm from IBAT;
    6) my empire was shut down and destroyed.
    Before rework that would have been whole different story. *sigh*
    Actually in this case "rework" appears to be beneficial to rebels while it was intended to counter them.
    So why shouldn't we call it a nerf?

Oddly enough, I struggle the most against the remaining Titans teams. Vader needs to be fast enough to go 2nd after Han shoots. Once he does, he uses force crush and gains 100% TM. Culling blade then dispells debuffs giving the rest of the team TM. I use DT to help control rebels and it works well.

That said, my EP, Vader, Thrawn, GK, DT teams crushes NS and JTR teams.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    EP's basic description is wrong. It should say "(small) chance to shock".

U need high potency mod. Mine at 110% potency. But it's not guarantee always shock. Need to remind u, there is new chars that can boost tenacity to 100% (plus their tenacity stat). Like cls learn control zeta, ebb n flow zeta thrawn, etc etc

I didn't need high potency before the update. And I'm obviously not talking about tenacity up (like GMYoda, Rex, Chirrut...). On the exact same conditions as before the update, shock rarely happens. For example, before the update, I shocked Royal Guard to prevent her auto-taunt, now I have to kill her first because I can't shock her (on the same teams).