[Inquiry] In-Game Lineup Positions after the update

Replies

• Options
    TukkuRask wrote: »
    Do they actually beta test these changes or just rely on the internal QA group? I'd have to think from the responses here these ideas weren't exactly thought through properly, or tested to an active playerbase.

Do you guys realize what you're complaining about? The ability or in ability to arrange characters to visually please you... Reread that and realize how ridiculous it sounds.

This is such a minor thing to complain about. I'm sure 90% of the people playing this game have accidentally tapped the wrong character and wasted a turn, now that possibility it reduced saving headache for players.

Maybe level up and gear up some taller toons if it's such an issue?

And using this as a measure of the popularity of the change is flawed. A small percentage of daily users come to the forum. A smaller percentage post and an even smaller percentage have a problem with this, just so happens all 10 are in this thread.
  • Options
    Do they actually beta test these changes or just rely on the internal QA group? I'd have to think from the responses here these ideas weren't exactly thought through properly, or tested to an active playerbase.

We ARE the beta testers, didn’t you know?
  • Options
    I feel uncomfortable.. i am lining up my squad as per i like :frowning:
  • Options
    Organized by height supposedly, but for ships it seems off
    I'll say. Running the same team in arena 5 times netted 5 different arrangements. My FOTF and TF kept alternating. Not ideal when reflex normally has me using Scimitar's taunt/counter on TF in a specific spot. Now having to check to make sure I am not hitting FOT instead. Minor gripe, but yeah, this is supposed to improve QOL. Ships should not have had this treatment, as reinforcements slot wherever a spot is now empty. Seems like nobody QA'd some of this stuff at all - and any GC that saw it must have kept very quiet.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Barik_Edo wrote: »
    My Kylo hiding behind the taller FOO.

IMG

Yeah but that wasn't the issue.

Actually that was the issue. With abilities that require you to tap an ally (FOO on that team has one) he would not be able to select Kylo. Not being able to target an ally (like targeting one who is about to die with a heal for example) in the middle of combat is the whole reason for this change if I understand it correctly.
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    My lineup is now arranged by their incompetence :s

Why are they breaking things that weren't broken
  • Options
    Kyngzilla wrote: »

Do you guys realize what you're complaining about? The ability or in ability to arrange characters to visually please you... Reread that and realize how ridiculous it sounds.

This is such a minor thing to complain about. I'm sure 90% of the people playing this game have accidentally tapped the wrong character and wasted a turn, now that possibility it reduced saving headache for players.

And using this as a measure of the popularity of the change is flawed. A small percentage of daily users come to the forum. A smaller percentage post and an even smaller percentage have a problem with this, just so happens all 10 are in this thread.

How's the air up there
  • Options
    Kyngzilla wrote: »

Not true. It’s an aesthetic appliance for an aesthetic issue. People gotnusex to having their characters in certain positions and it was a strategic muscle memory to select our own units in that order. The real issue was opponent placements where you couldn’t select enemy units properly.

Additionally, suggesting people level up taller toons is contradicting your point about it not mattering what things look like. It’s a strategy game. And no - the sarcasm is not lost on me. But this is the Internet. So also no - not only 10 people are upset about this change, and they’re not just in this thread.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    I hate this new positions. I want to set them as I want: in squads and in ships!!!
    Devs, please make an option in settings, so we can choose if we want to enable auto positions!
    @CG_Kozispoon
  • Options
    I hate this too. I used to keep my Wampa in the spot closest to the camera, making him appear to be hulking and huge compared to the rest of the party. Now he is slotted in the way back far corner and seems far less menacing. All aesthetics I know, but that's important to some of us as well. I never had issues choosing any of my characters before, so for me, it is a wasted 'improvement' that reduces my enjoyment of the game ever so slightly.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Man I never expected this complaint...guess I should have known better.

Really?! You didn't expect a complaint.
  • Options
    This change isn't just cosmetic, it's actually changed the game. I am complaining right here right now.

Due to the ships being reorganised my tie pilot moved to the back line. My tie pilot is very important as it gives my tarkin turn meter. I have benefited due to people automatically choosing to hit the tie fighter as it's been the default ship targeted. Today I go to fight and I have dropped somewhere between 50-70 places.

I would like the option to choose my order because I have the physical capability to choose who I want to attack. if people can't be bothered to choose how they order their crew/ships that's their fault, not mine.

Bad update. Bad.
  • Options
    It's not even consistent through encounters! I don't want to pay this much attention to what I'm doing, especially when I've been able to comfortably rely on muscle memory until now:

gQcPQMr.png

wSs3YiN.jpg

And allies need to go back to their own kitten corner!
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

"I should have known better."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Barik_Edo wrote: »
    My Kylo hiding behind the taller FOO.

IMG

Had this same issue today. Kylo is the one I give marching orders to so he can lash out/feed the team TM. Not ideal..
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Devro wrote: »
    This change isn't just cosmetic, it's actually changed the game. I am complaining right here right now.

Due to the ships being reorganised my tie pilot moved to the back line. My tie pilot is very important as it gives my tarkin turn meter. I have benefited due to people automatically choosing to hit the tie fighter as it's been the default ship targeted. Today I go to fight and I have dropped somewhere between 50-70 places.

You are lucky to be in a terrible fleet shard if that's true.

I've never spent a single second in this game worrying about the placement of anyone other than the leader and it's baffling to me that so many other people have.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    So you can't click him or you missed him?

This happens to me with BB8 occasionally but it's not that he can't be clicked, it's just that I have to be more careful about where I click.
  • Options

I've never spent a single second in this game worrying about the placement of anyone other than the leader and it's baffling to me that so many other people have.

I dropped nearly 70 places in one day when the average is less than 20. It's not a coincidence.
  • Options

@TVF If I see something I don't like, why shouldn't I say anything?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Pseudot wrote: »
    I hate this too. I used to keep my Wampa in the spot closest to the camera, making him appear to be hulking and huge compared to the rest of the party. Now he is slotted in the way back far corner and seems far less menacing. All aesthetics I know, but that's important to some of us as well. I never had issues choosing any of my characters before, so for me, it is a wasted 'improvement' that reduces my enjoyment of the game ever so slightly.

+1
    Aesthetics are super important to me. You should see the action figures on my desk, all carefully arranged how I like it. I enjoyed doing the same thing in this game, and I'm disappointed it's no longer an option :'(
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Pob wrote: »
    Yep, I find this frustrating. I use my favourite list as a overview of toons I'm farming and gearing.
    Not helpful having weak unusable at the top.
    Some people may use the favourite feature different to me, I understand that. But maybe have a toggle switch for this feature. Or leave it as it was in power order and if I want to see the favs I can select from the drop down in two clicks.
    Sigh.

I use it the same way you do and despise that change. Especially on the team builder screen (as Kyno noted). Why would they enable you to "favorite" toons that you haven't unlocked yet...then put favorites at the top of your team builder screen by default with no toggle to remove that option?? That makes absolutely no sense.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

@TVF If I see something I don't like, why shouldn't I say anything?

I should have known there would be people that don't like it.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    You either missed my point or ignored it, so I'll just say "ok."
  • Options

@TVF Get yourself some OCD :p
  • Options
    We had the ability to place characters where we wanted. Devs take that freedom away and call it a "quality of life upgrade". Just crazy. What are they thinking? Why are they wasting their time on making the game LESS customizable?
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    I have enough issues already thank you very much. ;)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I would like the option to choose my order because I have the physical capability to choose who I want to attack. if people can't be bothered to choose how they order their crew/ships that's their fault, not mine.

Bad update. Bad.

Let me get this straight, you think you dropped more because other players now aren't targetting your ITF first anymore? That's hilarious.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Kodimus wrote: »
    Whatever mod merged these threads, good job. They were about two different topics--one of them being the roster display with favorites active, the other being in-battle positioning of your squad.

Yeah Kyno any way to separate the 2 different conversations going on?

I will see if i can pull them apart....
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Bad update. Bad.

Let me get this straight, you think you dropped more because other players now aren't targetting your ITF first anymore? That's hilarious.

do you have another explanation for a drop three times the usual amount, on the same day an update was made that changed the order of the ships?
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Bad update. Bad.

It would be possible but ONLY if everyone who fought him did so on auto.
This discussion has been closed.