Game Content Philosophy [MEGA]

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I find it mildly amusing that there are two clear lines of thought :
    1) If they nerf JTRey (which really means expose, not just her), Ima be mad!
    2) If they don't nerf JTRey, so other raid teams are viable too, Ima be mad!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say some of the players are going to mad next week.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    If Rey is Nerfed in HAAT I quit. I don’t even care about that pos sith raid.

in the hAAT JTR's damage doesn't rely on the damage from exposes that much. The hAAT has way lower health than the sith raid so the impact will be way smaller.

Stop using logic. All the people who are screaming they paid for JTR and they won't drop another dime any more won't have your logic.

Sorry.
    Found an old screenshot of my JTR team doing 28.8mil damage in the hAAT. Only 3mil out of that 28.8m was done by exposes. (team used: JTR, bb8, r2, cmdr luke and thrawn)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Grimstoned
    250 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    So it will be nerfed. Don’t you get it. How do you know by how much? Can you say how much? No you’re just throwing out something as if you know what your talking about.
  • CamaroAMF
    1287 posts Member
    Options

in the hAAT JTR's damage doesn't rely on the damage from exposes that much. The hAAT has way lower health than the sith raid so the impact will be way smaller.

This is true. I looked back at my best JTR HAAT run and expose only accounted for 11%. Compared to my best STR run where it accounted for 60%. T5 though for STR.
  • TVF
    36706 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    TheBasshar wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    3. This will have some minimal effect on Pit and AAT raids, but will not be nearly significant.

This is a lie! Nerfing expose will have a significant effect on HAAT raids. It is our main damage source in P2 & P4. Nerfing expose after we've spent so many months farming and gearing expose teams is a real **** move for smaller guilds.

How can you, a player with no insight into the plans for this update, flatly state that a dev is lying?

Have you ever calculated how much damage expose does in HAAT?

Do you know how much it will do after the update?

No?

Maybe we should wait and see what happens after the update, and complain if you're right and not complain if you're wrong?

Hmmmm.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36706 posts Member
    Options

Stop using logic. All the people who are screaming they paid for JTR and they won't drop another dime any more won't have your logic.

Sorry.
    Found an old screenshot of my JTR team doing 28.8mil damage in the hAAT. Only 3mil out of that 28.8m was done by exposes. (team used: JTR, bb8, r2, cmdr luke and thrawn)

Good to know. I use same team except zHan in place of (my 5*) Thrawn and do about 12-16m. I'm guessing the numbers after the update will be similar given the small amount exposes are doing to begin with at the dev comment that the expose reduction will be minimal.
  • TVF
    36706 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    3. This will have some minimal effect on Pit and AAT raids, but will not be nearly significant.

This is a lie! Nerfing expose will have a significant effect on HAAT raids. It is our main damage source in P2 & P4. Nerfing expose after we've spent so many months farming and gearing expose teams is a real **** move for smaller guilds.

How can you, a player with no insight into the plans for this update, flatly state that a dev is lying?

No?

Maybe we should wait and see what happens after the update, and complain if you're right and not complain if you're wrong?

Hmmmm.

To follow up on this point:

Sorry.

CamaroAMF wrote: »

This is true. I looked back at my best JTR HAAT run and expose only accounted for 11%. Compared to my best STR run where it accounted for 60%. T5 though for STR.

So calm down. If your HAAT damage is reduced by 1% after the update, get over it. If it's reduced by 20%, go nuts.
  • Options

No?

Hmmmm.

Problem with "Wait and see" is that when we see and still don't like it, it becomes "We can't undo the changes."

Why have any discourse or dialogue when one side is going to do what it wants anyways, and the other be damned.
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    tumblr_ogstrdN0J61r9v5uto2_500.gif
    1. Fix rewards in the raid, so we get rewards, and not pieces we have 1000's of already
    2. Play your own game, we play it, we know when someone hasn't.
    3. JTR is still new, she's already been passed on by Empire in Arena, now she's useless in raid, you don't get this?
    4. The raid is just a wall to hit our heads on.
    5. CG's been eroding trust for months now. Stop asking for it and show us a reason to give it.
    6. To that end - it seems clear you'll release a toon for $$$ soon that'll do great in the raid
    7. Did I mention the raid rewards really are terrible? Because, it's clear you don't get that is full on half the issue - you want us beta-testers to bang our head on your new content and then give gear we don't need. And this is clearly okay with you.
    Things like "Soon" with your cutsie tm.... "wait and see" "slightly" "barely" "small" well...
    tumblr_ojuk7qqp7m1vlz8k9o3_r1_500.gif
    Because we're getting a little sick of the trolling CG. When you say your "listening" but you never follow up on a single thing any one asks for and you continue on, proving time and again you don't play your own game.
    tumblr_ojqns7YuNg1vfg7u3o2_540.gif
    Maybe fix some of the character bugs WE are asking for. Give some of the QoL WE wanted. Prove you're listening - maybe next time one of these trash fires light up it won't be quite so tilted against you.
    Post edited by Kyno on
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say some of the players are going to mad next week.

The silly thing is it doesn't even make the other teams that much more viable. Not unless the sith raid health is reduced massively and if they do that then it nerfs deathmark as well. Making troopers less viable...
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    Options

No?

Hmmmm.

While the person you responded to is doing so quite emotionally, he is right. It is a fact that the damage will be reduced. Period. That is the point... we farm/buy things because we see how they work... in a farming, grindy style of game this Takes MONTHS if you aren‘t a heavy spender; which buy common sense the vast majority isn‘t. There has been no indication that they are even thinking about it, but boom here we are, after farming for MONTHS for something that gets weakened, but apparently it has been discussed for quite a while -> trust issues

What I see is the fear of lost profit.. if JTR WAI (as they have even been buffed previously) and they now see future content be influenced too much by a % mechanic that translate into the following for me and most players if I read the comments here:

Trust issues.

It is fine if a raid is so hard that only the new toons and gear levels and whatnots will be able to get you through heroic... that‘s part of the business model of such games, expected and understandable.
    It is fine to close bugged interactions when they occur (ST Han certainly is one; although the on damage effects having weird interactions should have been noted... it‘s not a super hard combo/interaction thing. It is just playing a toon as it is, the way it was meant... be attacked and gain something)

Yet, it is not fine to change something that worked before, NO, that has even been buffed in the old content because the damage was lacking....

What we see here is simply changing something to make new content more valuable to ensure, new content is bought, which results in nerfs to current content, merely for that single sake of making the new content a must-have... that‘s shady business and unexpected...

Especially within a company that gets criticized for it‘s business model on a regular basis...

TL:DR
    It is not the change itself that people fear, it the fear of everything being unexpectedly adjusted for the next money grab content to be valuable. If existing content gets changed for that sole purpose (there is no other explanation at all currently: integrity of future content directly translate to „we want to make sure you MUST buy and have no other options if you want to play a certain content and in the wake we make your stuff less valuable so the new content might also be more worthwhile for old raids“) then money grabbing is the only logical assumption, while getting near to no information... and one we have seen by EA on various occassions (this is not bashing or anything, it is fact by EA‘s own statements given; see SW:BF2)
  • TVF
    36706 posts Member
    Options
    You can add up the individual damage from each toon. The difference between that total and your grand total is what was done by the exposes, since it's not allocated to the toon who popped it.
  • TVF
    36706 posts Member
    Options
    Why have any discourse or dialogue when one side is going to do what it wants anyways, and the other be damned.

Ok, so why bother complaining then if you know it won't do any good?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

The silly thing is it doesn't even make the other teams that much more viable. Not unless the sith raid health is reduced massively and if they do that then it nerfs deathmark as well. Making troopers less viable...
    You do realize that percentage base dmg is always going to do the same amount of dmg percentage wise right? Lowering the health doesn't nerf deathmark/dots/detonaters/exposes and won't make any of them less viable.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

No?

Hmmmm.

Problem with "Wait and see" is that when we see and still don't like it, it becomes "We can't undo the changes."

Assuming they're going to do what they said they were going to do, modifying the damage exposes do on raid bosses, i checked what the maximum impact would be on a JTR team in the hAAT. Imo that's better than guessing what they mean with "very little impact on other raids", or any other subjective phrase about how much they're going to nerf exposes. Turns out for zFinn and JTR squads the impact is ~20% ~10% max respectively.
    Not so much a "wait and see", but more of a checking the worst case scenario to know what you can expect.
  • Options
    New Sith Raid strategy: abilities dont work, just hit auto and hope for a million
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Options

No?

Hmmmm.

Assuming they're going to do what they said they were going to do, modifying the damage exposes do on raid bosses, i checked what the maximum impact would be on a JTR team in the hAAT. Imo that's better than guessing what they mean with "very little impact on other raids", or any other subjective phrase about how much they're going to nerf exposes. Turns out for zFinn and JTR squads the impact is ~20% ~10% max respectively.
    Not so much a "wait and see", but more of a checking the worst case scenario to know what you can expect.

Well the way they should do this, isn't to reduce the percentage of damage expose deals in raids, but to add a per-raid boss cap to the damage a percentage-based effect can deal. Then they can set the numbers so it does what they want in STR and doesn't affect performance in the tank *at all*.

Besides, reducing the percentage does not future proof anything. When a raid comes along with a 300M HP phase, the exposes are right back to 40k+ even though you had previously cut the percentage in half.

But this change needs to come with a revision of the raid mechanics to make other teams more viable. The tenacity snowball should be replaced with "X% chance to apply Tenacity Up to the boss until its next turn" which is not only much easier to understand, but opens up a counter strategy of debuffing the T-Up.
  • Options

Hey Everyone,

So I've been playing the game for a few weeks now and just want some general advice.

I'm looking to building an empire squad but realize that that'll take some real time and effort (i'm level 49)

In the meantime should I continue grinding for my empire team that I want or should I refocus on a different squad until i'm at a high enough level to really put one together?

I'd probably look towards a phoenix squad as an alternative.

For when I do get into the higher levels, what empire toons would you recommend putting into a squad, I want something with good synergy.

Thanks High five
  • Brock
    33 posts Member
    Options
    So if JTR is nerfed so she can do as much damage as everybody else in the Sith Raid what's the incentive to farm the Vets and get JTR. I feel bad for all the people who did the farming and using their resources especially zetas to build up JTR and BB8 to have a good resistance team. JTR is still ok in arena, but I guess it's the natural progression of this game. Use your resources on the shiny new toon to later have it become less effective. Then it's on to the next toon.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Viserys wrote: »

No?

Hmmmm.

Well the way they should do this, isn't to reduce the percentage of damage expose deals in raids, but to add a per-raid boss cap to the damage a percentage-based effect can deal. Then they can set the numbers so it does what they want in STR and doesn't affect performance in the tank *at all*.

Besides, reducing the percentage does not future proof anything. When a raid comes along with a 300M HP phase, the exposes are right back to 40k+ even though you had previously cut the percentage in half.

That would probably be better, but unlikely to happen since they said it will affect exposes across all raids. Regardless of that, the worst case scenario stil applies no matter how they do it. Well, if they only touch the dmg done by exposes.
  • Options
    I can't wait for the supermarket to come into my house and replace my fresh bought steak with some ground beef. They can tell me "it's still beef that you paid for and lets wait and see how this turns out" and then shop there again tomorrow to show them how upsetting such **** is.
  • Froov
    92 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenix squad is great early on and definitely worth working on. They’re fun in arena, used in territory battles, required for thrawn event, and can be used for palpatine event. Both thrawn and palp are empire and good ones too. And a squad of 5 empire will be needed for the r2 event. I’d pick 3 additional empire to focus on, along with the Phoenix.
  • varkesh
    15 posts Member
    Options
    I would probally say focus on phoenix first as two of the top empire toons are earnable with that team - thrawn and palpatine

Unless you know your chosen empire team will have nethier of those 2.

Phoenix is also needed in light side terrioty battles when you get there (level 65 if i recall correctly) and do good work in terrioty wars (same level as ls tb).

As well as having 2 ships needed for thrawns capital ship.

All in all they are an important squad and can help you in many areas
  • lladdir
    146 posts Member
    Options

You do realize that percentage base dmg is always going to do the same amount of dmg percentage wise right? Lowering the health doesn't nerf deathmark/dots/detonaters/exposes and won't make any of them less viable.

But mahhh damage numberz, they sooooo looowwwww, definetly big nerf
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I decided not to get cls r2 Vader resistance ns thrawn ships and haven’t zetad anyone and feel like I’m falling behind. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Sorry.

Do you have a special formula to work out % damage on expose?

damage from exposes (and DoTs, detonators etc) aren't atributed to the toons. By simply adding up the damage done by the toons and subtracting that number from the total damage you'll end up with the damage done by exposes.
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    Options
    Well, I am done posting in this thread until we get answers...
    If the amount of negative feedback (in such a short period) does not even slightly sway the CG/EA team at all and they still believe it is for the better...
    It‘s just a fact that % is % no matter how small or high the health pool is... if they main difference is relative damage outside percentages, something is fishy or poorly designed, maybe even both...

For me, personally, that translate to as much as:

We don‘t care what our customer wants of our product. They will be obedient cash cows no matter what we do*insert evil laugh*
    -> role model of a BAD business model...

You know what happens when customers think that you can tell them „we know what‘s good for you, trust us“? I am on highest alert and start to imagine the next „EA headline“ incoming...
    Well, you know? Governments like to patronize the people as well and are often very harshly criticized for it. Yet we know, we cannot get rid of them.... but I know what I can get rid of quite easily, without too much thought at the current state and lost trust....
  • Syrup_Chugger3
    2171 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Those content formats were all found to have various interesting strategies, even after they were changed. We're confident Sith Raid will be 'figured out' without the need for ST Han in an infinite loop.

Let's try the changes, see the results and work to improving together!

RT
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    obidrew wrote: »
    Is it 10 am there yet?

It was back at my other post, but I did get pulled at 10:15 for a stand up alignment meeting. I had a lunch meeting today, which went well. I'm largely clear the rest of the day for this and the Raid thread.

However, I may be out of the office tomorrow. I'll update tonight.

Cheers!

I would strongly urge you and your team to address these issues before taking any time off. You have a lot of unhappy customers...

See my previous post.

Understood, we're here and reading and understanding this is not popular and players are frustrated. However, we did want to post the change information with enough time for players to talk, vent and express their feelings prior to the changes.

As we draw closer to the update, I hope to provide more information.

We can't change your feelings on this decision to future proof raid bosses from the Expose mechanic, but we can let you know you're being heard, we understand, and we will continue the update, review, revise, update process.

Our players are a HUGE part of the process, and it pains us to disappoint, but it is a necessary change that needed to happen. We decided this should be the time.

RT

Why do you want to nerf JTR? There were team at start of HAAT that were also doing 10% per phase, and you never decided to nerf them.

Worse, once you released ZFinn, 3 months after HAAT introduction, you had a team doing 45% of one phase (and this before the expose debug).

It does not make any senses that all our teams are not doing any damage to the raid.

Heya Neo,

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback. A few things to unpack here, I'll try to answer what I can.

1. HAAT and Rancor are very old content and don't carry as much concern in March 2018 as they did when they launched in 2016 and before. There are multiple viable defeat options outside of Expose.
    2. JTR's expose is working exactly as it did before. We're adjusting Raid Bosses to be in line with design goals and Expose not be the sole best tactic going forward. JTR will STILL be viable, but one single ability tactic isn't in the design goals. By updating current Bosses, we also future proof all future Raid Bosses.

It was going to happen, and we decided to do this change now while correcting ST Han's infinite loop.

3. Your teams should be able to do damage in the Raid, unless you're not bypassing Nihilus' protection?
    If you aren't able to damage Sith Raid bosses, you may want to read the power descriptions, as they have protection gain mechanics that need to be addressed, and can by with many different unit options without Expose.

Again, thank you for the time. I know this doesn't make you happy, but I wanted you to know we are reading, listening and look forward to hearing feedback after next week's update.

RT

I think he meant #3 rhetorically in comparison to RJT, Its not that teams are NOT doing damage, it's that the long drawn out "chess style" (where you have to think 2/3 moves ahead) is aggravating to most when you've come out only shaving off .5% of the boss health. As you know, literally everything else is neutered with the insane speed and tenacity gains and TMR immunity.

It still seems as if 50 RJT teams plus a maxed roster and just wave after wave of character sacrifices until you finally beat it down.

Also please actually listen, and REMOVE the challenge gear no one needs, it's been pretty clear from thread after thread, and responses in this thread that it should be removed, make the rewards worthwhile for the amount of effort

Also though many would fine the ST Han loop "fun" I do agree with fixing that
This discussion has been closed.