Follow up Update on Sith Raid Rewards - 4/12/18 [MEGA]

Replies

  • i feel scammed, where do i find refund button?
  • Thanks Nikoms565, I found it. I reworded it, I was a bit strong. Not intentional trolling, sorry guys.
  • Nikoms565
    10816 posts Member
    Mischen1 wrote: »
    Thanks Nikoms565, I found it. I reworded it, I was a bit strong. Not intentional trolling, sorry guys.

    You're all good. No worries.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    13513 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    But it would have made more sense to "lower" the other rewards at the same time they introduced the new pieces.

    Sort of, but I'd also argue (just based on what people were reporting) that there were too many full G12 pieces being given out before the nerf. So it seems they course-corrected too far in the other direction.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • RawdSW
    124 posts Member
    It seems the main purpose of this raid was to make people buy JTR. It worked. Now they have to nerf the rewards so people keep buying gear. Simple bait and switch. I don't know why we were expecting something else.
  • Nikoms565
    10816 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    But it would have made more sense to "lower" the other rewards at the same time they introduced the new pieces.

    Sort of, but I'd also argue (just based on what people were reporting) that there were too many full G12 pieces being given out before the nerf. So it seems they course-corrected too far in the other direction.

    Agreed. I actually understand the need to cut back on the "full g12 piece for EVERYONE!" thing that was happening in regards to balance. And if they simply would have dropped that with a clear explanation that they had overtuned that drop rate, most of us would have been okay with it (maybe after a little grumbling ;) )
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    13513 posts Member
    Am I wrong or did I read that Carrie said people who finished the heroic would be receiving some full pieces as a make up? And what happens beyond that? That whole bit was very confusing.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    13513 posts Member
    They can't "make" someone buy anything.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    10816 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    Am I wrong or did I read that Carrie said people who finished the heroic would be receiving some full pieces as a make up? And what happens beyond that? That whole bit was very confusing.

    She did seem to indicate that - but she wasn't very specific on type (full pieces...of what?), timeline or even quantity - she said 2-4. Does that mean how many depends on how quickly they change it? Is it the same for everyone? Is it based on the number of HSith raids completed?

    The ironic part is, if they nerfed it because of game balance - how does handing out 2-4 full pieces make that better? (in terms of balance - I understand how it helps players after the rewards nerf).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Ploosh wrote: »
    This is the worst thread merge I’ve ever seen. Just reported it as harassment. Wonder if I’ll get banned for that.

    I would hope not.

    And no harassment has occured.

    Well my intelligence certainly feels harassed. I suggest you reverse the merge or ask for assistance from a mod that can properly do their job
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Nikoms565
    10816 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    They can't "make" someone buy anything.

    I think he meant "strongly encourage". And to be quite honest, there was talk of high level guilds shifting membership around based on JTR ownership. Our guild did not, because our leadership is cool like that (and no, I'm not part of the leadership - just a good brown noser.)

    So I can see how some people felt "pressure" to go after JTRey strongly.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • There was a good amount of full pieces, but I personally got 3 out of 6 raids so everyone saying a lot is wrong. I’m fine with the 3 raids I didn’t get a full piece because the rest of the salvage made up for it....ALL 3 WERE WAY MORE THAT 36!

    So fine, 40% drop rate, but to NERF the rest of the gear dropped is outright ridiculous for the time I spent and the toons that I geared. My son finished 2nd in tier 5 and got 19 salvage....He will be ready for heroic in no time.

    Everyone here defending EA/CG is certainly entitled to their opinion, but the outrage here far outnumbers the sympathetic ears and is more than justified.
  • TVF
    13513 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    They can't "make" someone buy anything.

    I think he meant "strongly encourage". And to be quite honest, there was talk of high level guilds shifting membership around based on JTR ownership. Our guild did not, because our leadership is cool like that (and no, I'm not part of the leadership - just a good brown noser.)

    So I can see how some people felt "pressure" to go after JTRey strongly.

    Granted. With that said it's not like she's useless anymore, far from it.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    Heroic should be about shards for Traya. I actually think for tiers not heroic the rewards should be good because you don't get Traya shards, and they should compensate in the back end by making Traya amazing. That's where the payoff for the grind comes in.

    I think CG is doing a great job coming out and taking the time to address this issue, and people should not just see the "now" but also the "later" Traya is the end game for doing sith raids, and that in itself should be motivating enough.
    By this logic, once a guild has farmed Traya up to 7* they should actually drop down for better gear rewards in the lower tiers? Please tell me that's not actually what you are suggesting.

    I take zeros in both heroic pit and haat now..... at some point these gears would be less critical because gear level 13, 14 and whatever else might be out then. You have to look at the game in totality and not just one moment in time.
  • One more point to the sympathetic ears...it’s real simple. You go to work knowing what You are being paid. Bosses have to tell you that. Now...you spent time and/or money learnig the skill for your job and getting the right tools.

    So for a few weeks you do your job you trained for and get paid what you were told up front. Boss comes in a month later and says...”I’m changing your pay and I think you will be happy.” Your next paycheck is substantially less than the entirety of the time on the job....

    Now you paid, or didn’t pay because of scholarships, for the education to get this job, you interned for free to learn the mechanics, maybe even relocated because the pay was good....then you get hit with a big pay cut.

    I would love for all the sympathetic ears here to chat me work for me. You will be very happy with the pay package I offer
  • Boofpoof wrote: »
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    Personally I am fan of the flattened reward system. Someone that posts 0 damage should not earn similar rewards to someone that does 10mil+ to the sith bosses.

    What they game need is better beta testing. Overpowered squads should have been identified before it went live not 2weeks after. The amount of gear in the Heroic boxes might have been excessive, this should also have been fixed before it went live.

    Instead beta testing here seems to be a way for certain guilds to gain an upper hand. You talk about imbalance between players... you have X set of players getting uber rewards for a month, and now everyone else will take forever to close the power gap.

    Except a flattened reward system rewards people from top to bottom somewhat evenly......somewhat.

    But I agree more testing is needed for them before new content gets released. TB still crashes for a lot of people during mid battle.......

    It was as if the heroic sith raid was dedicated to the whales of SWGOH because that's what it took to take it down. You mostly hear complains about "I have spent $xxxx in the game and I want....." but the end game should be about getting Traya through the heroic sith raids.

    @TAureliusC Let’s not say this raid was dedicated to the whales. The same thing was said when the HAAT came out. Guess what? Whale guilds quickly figured it out and then began to reap the benefits. That’s what makes them whales.

    I am not trying to defend this cluster kitten of bantha poo that has been delivered to us. I have yet to see a single screenshot post-nerf that gives me any doubt in my mind that the rewards are just not worthy of the difficulty/time investment for the Heroic Sith. And this is coming from someone who has been doing T4 raids.

    I have had time to think about it since this bombshell dropped and I will concede that multiple full G12 pieces may have been too much. But the flip side is THAT was the INCENTIVE to work towards the HSITH raid. At this point no one can pronounce Darth Traya as the meta because minus that one guy no one has her unlocked yet. So at this point (but I will admit likely to change) the gear is the carrot to dangle. The biggest problem is that the Developers kittened it up by releasing the rewards initially and now compound the issue by taking it away when a month of rewards have already gone out.

    I would argue that the whole point was to give the players worthy rewards for such a difficult raid. I think the issue is they werent expecting it to be so quickly dissected and farmed and that those rewards were meant to be spread out amongst many guilds as they became HSITH ready. Well that didnt happen and instead of a gradual plateau of rewards coming out the cliff face crumbled. On one side standing tall but with less stability you have the whale guilds. On the other side you have the piece that broke off and now is starting to sink into the water.

    What we need is for someone to throw that sinking piece a life preserver. And lets face it that sinking piece is a LOT of guilds out there. I will use a Mark Twain that I think fits very well for the Developers here: “What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so."

    I respect your point of view. We don't have to agree.

    Your average F2P guys aren't going to tackle the heroic sith, and very few guilds can afford to allow someone to just tag along for the ride at this point. If you don't like the term whales then we can simply replace it with "very strong" players so we don't offend someone's sensibility.

    If you make the rewards so good for only the few that can get them, you are just expanding the power gap that hurts the game in the long run.
  • Nikoms565
    10816 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    Heroic should be about shards for Traya. I actually think for tiers not heroic the rewards should be good because you don't get Traya shards, and they should compensate in the back end by making Traya amazing. That's where the payoff for the grind comes in.

    I think CG is doing a great job coming out and taking the time to address this issue, and people should not just see the "now" but also the "later" Traya is the end game for doing sith raids, and that in itself should be motivating enough.
    By this logic, once a guild has farmed Traya up to 7* they should actually drop down for better gear rewards in the lower tiers? Please tell me that's not actually what you are suggesting.

    I take zeros in both heroic pit and haat now..... at some point these gears would be less critical because gear level 13, 14 and whatever else might be out then. You have to look at the game in totality and not just one moment in time.

    That's a straw man argument. You take zeroes in both heroic levels of Pit and AAT. But that's because Heroic levels of both have the best gear rewards along with the shards. But that's not what you originally implied in your suggestion regarding Heroic Sith. It is precisely because I was considering the long term implications of your suggestion that I asked the question.

    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • no word for the T5 and T6 players... what a shame!
    okay we havn´t been so extremly nerfed as the heroics but still we are. no word from you
    and i have understood so far no matter what we are writing you aren´t changing your mind any more, but all the guilds that have mastered heroic so far had the privileg for that super duper gear, until your rewardnerf...

    all the small guilds at least want from you (@CG_Carrie): if we ever master (and if it is in 100 years from now on) that our first 10 or 20 heroicraids will give us the same rewards that the heroicplayers already have gotten before the sithraidrewardnerf, in the sense of equal treatment
  • Sirlagzalott
    841 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    If I recall the original announcement said that they were reworking the Sith Raid rewards first and then will eventually implement to HAAT and Rancor. By essentially lowering the bar, if true, wait until they get their hands on those two raids....
  • Sonido
    81 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Also noticed mk3 Carbanties and mk6 Syringes were removed from all tiers of STR, while promised to keep them
  • TVF
    13513 posts Member
    Sonido wrote: »
    Also noticed mk3 Carbanties and mk6 Syringes were removed from all tiers of STR, while promised to keep them

    I'm not in-game at the moment but I thought I still saw Carbs in the prize box when I looked at it. Don't remember about Syringes either way.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    But it would have made more sense to "lower" the other rewards at the same time they introduced the new pieces.

    Sort of, but I'd also argue (just based on what people were reporting) that there were too many full G12 pieces being given out before the nerf. So it seems they course-corrected too far in the other direction.

    Agreed. I actually understand the need to cut back on the "full g12 piece for EVERYONE!" thing that was happening in regards to balance. And if they simply would have dropped that with a clear explanation that they had overtuned that drop rate, most of us would have been okay with it (maybe after a little grumbling ;) )

    Absolutely correct. This whole thing was packaged wrong, which caused this outrage reaction by the community.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • My issue with the raid is this... if I wanted to spend hours of my leisure time playing a raid I would go back to MMOs... They were enjoyable and rewarding in more ways than just what may drop. From DaoC (relic raids, dragon raids, legion raids, ToA raids, etc), WoW (basically every raid up to and through WotLK), WaR (the original keep raids which were tremendously bugged and every other raid that was available), to SWtoR (did every raid up to when they screwed Ilum up then quit MMOs).

    I play mobile games now because I don't want to waste my leisure time anymore. If I want to spend hours+ on raids I'll go back to wow. All those games I listed were fun because of the people and the environment... Not always the raid itself. The Sith Raid is a time sink that is by far the least rewarding for the time as any raid I've ever done.

    Interesting tidbit... Of the 4 games I listed (Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft, Warhammer Age of Reckoning, Star Wars The Old Republic) 3 of the games (not WoW) have some similarities. One is they are unfortunately either dead or almost dead, another is they all 3 had great potential, and the other is a parent company... Ea.

    I've had some experience with them...
  • TVF
    13513 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Sonido wrote: »
    Also noticed mk3 Carbanties and mk6 Syringes were removed from all tiers of STR, while promised to keep them

    I'm not in-game at the moment but I thought I still saw Carbs in the prize box when I looked at it. Don't remember about Syringes either way.

    I just checked and the full pieces are there on both for the T4 box. No salvage. It matches up with what Carrie said originally.
    Mystery boxes at Tier 4 & above have removed all challenge gear and other gear likely to be highly stockpiled by experienced L85 players from the Salvage rewards.

    A handful of extremely difficult challenge gear pieces (such as the Mk 3 Carbanti) remain in the chance for fully crafted pieces.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    10816 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    But it would have made more sense to "lower" the other rewards at the same time they introduced the new pieces.

    Sort of, but I'd also argue (just based on what people were reporting) that there were too many full G12 pieces being given out before the nerf. So it seems they course-corrected too far in the other direction.

    Agreed. I actually understand the need to cut back on the "full g12 piece for EVERYONE!" thing that was happening in regards to balance. And if they simply would have dropped that with a clear explanation that they had overtuned that drop rate, most of us would have been okay with it (maybe after a little grumbling ;) )

    Absolutely correct. This whole thing was packaged wrong, which caused this outrage reaction by the community.

    Exactly. Sometimes it feels like CG could be doing so much better in the customer relations aspect if someone would simply stop and ask the simple question "How will the players respond to this?" or "How will this look/feel to our player base?" (and actually care about the answer). Perception is reality. And the perception is that CG is either not being honest, doesn't care or only cares if it affects the money coming in.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    But it would have made more sense to "lower" the other rewards at the same time they introduced the new pieces.

    Sort of, but I'd also argue (just based on what people were reporting) that there were too many full G12 pieces being given out before the nerf. So it seems they course-corrected too far in the other direction.

    Sorry man. You didn't have the opportunity to get your hands on the pre nerf Sith rewards. And then to get the "improved" ones. It's not a judgement of your player ability, just a fact.
    You have no clue what we are talking about.
    Neither about "too much" pieces being given, neither on CG false promises to improve it "soon".

    This a planned scam. Final mark.

  • @CG_Carrie thank you for the communication. Our guild is pleased with the flattening of gear in the Sith raid. This way everyone gets the same gear box and they all have a chance to increase the gear on their characters. With other raids, the same people are always in the top three and we are always the ones getting better gear drops, which means we are more likely to remain in the top three. The only way to prevent this from happening is to purposefully deal less damage so others can rank. With the Sith raid our other guild members now have the opportunity to build their characters more quickly, so thank you as this has benefited the morale of our guild. I also think this will help us in territory battles as well...which means the entire guild will benefit. Thank you!
  • TVF wrote: »
    Daeghaa wrote: »
    It didn't flatten the rewards, rank 1-3 still gets a very widen amount than others.

    How so? Everyone gets the same prize box. The contents of the box are still variable but that's not what the flattening referred to.

    That would be a major coincidence then, since 1st place on our STR got 5 gear rewards (2 being full ones, not g12 though) and I got 3 crappy savages because I posted only zero. But that could happen, yeah.
This discussion has been closed.