Kit Reveal: Jedi Knight Revan

Replies

• LukeDukem8
    607 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Apparently designing a new character involves stealing all of the work you have done over the past 3 years and shoving it into a single character and calling it a day (with a stop off at the bank).

Revan is the most uncreative, unimaginative character they have ever delivered to date. What could they have possible been thinking to give him all of the leader and unique abilities of just about every good character in this game?

What made this game great is the uniqueness of each character and the individuality and characteristic of each character would bring into a battle. Understanding how each one will work with the other is half the fun of this game. There is almost no theory crafting or fun out of a character that can do everything.

But hey, am sure they made a pretty penny considering all of the panic dollars they are getting these next few days.

What I really don't understand, is how are they possibly going to undo this? The kit (obviously darth revan) is going to have to be even more complex to deal with this mess they just made.

My guess is they are going to copy and paste the kit and replace light side with dark side and replace Jedi with sith.

• Stop crying
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    Well, if the GC's are to be believed, Revan sucks on defense anyway, so who cares?
  • I feel like this is all thanks to traya. They need to be more careful with how OP they make a character..
    Its ruins a part of the game everytime.
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    I feel like this is all thanks to traya. They need to be more careful with how OP they make a character..
    Its ruins a part of the game everytime.

I agree on this. Traya’s kit is the source of evil (along with Nest maybe). If traya didn’t have 50% offense down, but instead maybe 25%, and if Nest had only half the prot gain, then things could have turned out fine. It seems abilities of characters in the future will necessarily have to be complicated to even stand a chance.
  • FREEDOMfrom
    474 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    No_Try wrote: »

Wow haha. That seemed very hard to beat him on all those attempts.

Traya team, or NS, or JTR, or CLS.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Wow haha. That seemed very hard to beat him on all those attempts.
    Traya team, or NS, or JTR, or CLS.

Yeah, just when arena was starting to get back to multiple viable meta squads too.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Well, you guys have to admit, before Revan Arena has been the most fun its been in a long time, What with the Paper scissors Rock we've had going on since Bast came out, always a team that can win on offence.

Was really fun while it lasted for me to take first for the first time ever constantly too :) Oh well, whoever has this guy will be able to beat me 100% and i'll never beat em!' Luckily only one guy in my shard will own him though, hopefully! :D

Offence is supposed to be the easier way to win anyway, I mean you fighting against the AI, but I tell you what, I already feel like I am tired of the fighting Revan on offence now, after all the thousand "This team can beat Traya" vids ;-;
  • If you’re meaning the part of Vader’s leader that says TM reduction can’t be evaded/resisted (can’t recall which word is used), wouldn’t that work with Asajj lead too?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Ohhh I just seen, Revan Does Counter Nest, He counters her so bad xD

Nest is no more!
  • No_Try wrote: »

Lol.. I wouldn't consider MobileGamer to be the paragon of information regarding Revan counters. I'll wait for actual top level arena players to post videos.
  • Hmmm... he only tried the recommended Revan team, which on its face is a terrible comp... Gk and Hoda should not be in there, especially while the arena is Traya heavy.
  • Anyone know when the event launches?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Warriors Vid used Bast over Hoda, actually did much better, so call me wrong about Bast apparently, she ends up working quite well.

No just quite well but like MUCH better then Hoda.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Direct Focus description doesn't really make sense. You mark a selected enemy but then all enemies target the marked enemy? Are we really going to see AI toons attacking each other?

And does the swarm assist from Direct Focus/marked translate/merge with his leadership where they recover protection and deal extra damage for attacking out of turn?

I read it as enemies target Revan, the text really is confusing, since that doesn’t make sense. I thought it was similar to deathmark but I guess I’m wrong.

text is not confusing. This debuff is written as it supposed to be. If you inflict the debuff. You would be the enemy of the opposing team. Hence the wording, all enemies will target the toon for attack. Its the same as deathmark, minus the bonus damage.
  • DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    Hmmm... he only tried the recommended Revan team, which on its face is a terrible comp... Gk and Hoda should not be in there, especially while the arena is Traya heavy.

Old Ben is the better tank. I feel confident there.
  • Kanan with his unique ability maxed would be the best tank to go with Revan and would be almost unkillable with all the healing he would get for going out of turn (on counter attacks).
  • so after reading Revans kit it seems like this fool does EVERYTHING!!!! Good luck guys with this train wreck. im going to play what i want not what a game developer MAKES me play. this kit is the most ridiculous crap ive EVER seen. chalk this one up to traya. i guess its open mouth insert foot huh CG?
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Is Revan's leader ability

"When a Jedi ally uses a Basic ability on an enemy with Bonus Protection, reduce the target enemy's Max Health by 10%"

resistable (I.e. does it go through a tenacity vs potency check)? @CG_SBCrumb

Because if it doesn't, it should!

@CG_TopHat
  • Anrath wrote: »

"When a Jedi ally uses a Basic ability on an enemy with Bonus Protection, reduce the target enemy's Max Health by 10%"

@CG_TopHat

Doubt it. Those types of things never have in the past.
  • Also, from the videos it looks like the AI is dumb and will attack a taunting target when an enemy is marked. That’s going to be a problem for defenses.
  • Anrath wrote: »

@CG_TopHat

Has there ever been this type of thing?
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Anrath wrote: »
    Anrath wrote: »

@CG_TopHat

Has there ever been this type of thing?

First ones that come to me are Jango reducing max health and IG88 reducing tenacity. Oh, and Sith Maurader in the Sith Raid. I’m sure there are more examples. I feel like there are a few who reduce max protection but I can’t think of who. I’ve never heard of a tenacity check for them.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Also, from the videos it looks like the AI is dumb and will attack a taunting target when an enemy is marked. That’s going to be a problem for defenses.

Yeah, I noticed that as well, the AI still will hit taunting targets and not just the marked targets, luckily though Revan is so crazy strong that even Traya still dies even if things don't always target her.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Trey 66 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

Lol.. I wouldn't consider MobileGamer to be the paragon of information regarding Revan counters. I'll wait for actual top level arena players to post videos.

You expect better results or worse? I'm relieved it's at least beatable even if not %100.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Also, from the videos it looks like the AI is dumb and will attack a taunting target when an enemy is marked. That’s going to be a problem for defenses.

Yeah, I noticed that as well, the AI still will hit taunting targets and not just the marked targets, luckily though Revan is so crazy strong that even Traya still dies even if things don't always target her.

The problem is a lot of those videos use Ezra, who dispels Sith Troopers taunt. I wasn’t wanting to use Ezra, but he might be essential because of that dispel. May have to just make him go first.

The problem is a lot of those videos use Ezra, who dispels Sith Troopers taunt. I wasn’t wanting to use Ezra, but he might be essential because of that dispel. May have to just make him go first.

Nope. You can use revan, who ignores taunt and place attack mark on anyone you want, so it does not matter if ST or Sion are taunting...
  • DaPowerfulJedi
    3185 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Gorem wrote: »

Bastila can also dispel. And I think she'll be better on a Revan team than Ezra.

Bastila can also dispel. And I think she'll be better on a Revan team than Ezra.

I'm using Bastila over Ezra. First battle went more than easy. Considering gearing up Bindo and running him instead of HYoda.

Not sure but seems like his zeta revive would make the team much harder to beat on defense.

Revan (3 zetas)
    GMYoda (2 zetas)
    HYoda (1 zeta)
    Bastila (1 zeta)
    GK

That's my squad.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

But he won’t dispel 1st on defense, which may mean Traya or whoever gets marked doesn’t get taken out immediately.

On offense obviously none of this is an issue.
This discussion has been closed.