4051 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Revan's opness can be easily illustrated by the meta report

Top 10 - 5103 Revans
    Top 100 - 7805 Revans

So majority of the Revans are concentrated at the top. If Revan was a wider release the stats would be quite lopsided in disadvantage of all other metas.

On first hand experience, all of us without Revan's are trying to steer in between the Revans and only hit them if it becomes a must (or if that particular Revan is not yet built enough).

I'm not complaining though. I'm actually glad Revan was an exclusive so it didn't end up a singular meta unlike many of the previous metas.

You know that, the only reason this is so is because he is the FOTM right? Think about it, most who unlocked him unlocked him by spending, ie, they have the crystals to spam refreshes left and right. Revan can win on offence - and so can pretty much every other team. He's the new cool and the people with him are spamming him up because he's a different playstyle (that still takes forever to win).

I'd hardly even consider Revan meta really, I see Nightsisters up in my top 10 all the time and I'd rather fight a Revan Team with my Bast squad, then a NS squad. You see CLS up there with Han and Chewie, you still see Palp leads, Traya leads, even Rey leads.

So yes, for now while he's the new flavour for all the spenders, he will appear to be top. He's still very beatable, just as all teams are, but screw Nightsisters :P

I'm pretty aware of what I'm talking about. A quick look into your swgoh.gg reveals you are a relatively new player and well established at arena top.

However in my day 1 shard you will not see Bast,Palp,Rey. It's only Revans and Trayas way back to thirties. Mods make all the difference. That's why people are saying Revan made mods relevant again. While I can beat Revans, it's a struggle. I've been doing 2-3 refills for the first time since when Chase was introduced. I've been going with 0-1 refills before Revan. That makes all the difference...not the crystals I'm wasting but the mere effort and time I have to put up on a daily basis.

Overall my take on it is, Revan meta is a bit better than the previous metas for quite a while. It'll only get better as new toons/revamps happen.

I don't know what we'll call as meta if we don't call a team making up half of the top 10s as such (meta report).

Now check how much of it is made up of NS. Considering many people have fully built NS squads due to their prowess in hstr, why is this the case? Only %1 of the top 10 is made of NS. Is this purely random and have nothing to do with defensive capabilities amongst the options we can play?

Please note down the total speed+ on Revans you are beating. 1-2 full teams would suffice. Your mods are a joke compared what's considered as passable in my arena's top 20.

*top 50 of my arena currently: 4 cls(due to another FOTM ;)), 1 bast. Rest are Traya and Revan.
  • Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    Revan's opness can be easily illustrated by the meta report

Top 10 - 5103 Revans
    Top 100 - 7805 Revans

So majority of the Revans are concentrated at the top. If Revan was a wider release the stats would be quite lopsided in disadvantage of all other metas.

On first hand experience, all of us without Revan's are trying to steer in between the Revans and only hit them if it becomes a must (or if that particular Revan is not yet built enough).

I'm not complaining though. I'm actually glad Revan was an exclusive so it didn't end up a singular meta unlike many of the previous metas.

You know that, the only reason this is so is because he is the FOTM right? Think about it, most who unlocked him unlocked him by spending, ie, they have the crystals to spam refreshes left and right. Revan can win on offence - and so can pretty much every other team. He's the new cool and the people with him are spamming him up because he's a different playstyle (that still takes forever to win).

I'd hardly even consider Revan meta really, I see Nightsisters up in my top 10 all the time and I'd rather fight a Revan Team with my Bast squad, then a NS squad. You see CLS up there with Han and Chewie, you still see Palp leads, Traya leads, even Rey leads.

So yes, for now while he's the new flavour for all the spenders, he will appear to be top. He's still very beatable, just as all teams are, but screw Nightsisters :P

I'm pretty aware of what I'm talking about. A quick look into your swgoh.gg reveals you are a relatively new player and well established at arena top.

However in my day 1 shard you will not see Bast,Palp,Rey. It's only Revans and Trayas way back to thirties. Mods make all the difference. That's why people are saying Revan made mods relevant again. While I can beat Revans, it's a struggle. I've been doing 2-3 refills for the first time since when Chase was introduced. I've been going with 0-1 refills before Revan. That makes all the difference...not the crystals I'm wasting but the mere effort and time I have to put up on a daily basis.

Overall my take on it is, Revan meta is a bit better than the previous metas for quite a while. It'll only get better as new toons/revamps happen.

I don't know what we'll call as meta if we don't call a team making up half of the top 10s as such (meta report).

Now check how much of it is made up of NS. Considering many people have fully built NS squads due to their prowess in hstr, why is this the case? Only %1 of the top 10 is made of NS. Is this purely random and have nothing to do with defensive capabilities amongst the options we can play?

Please note down the total speed+ on Revans you are beating. 1-2 full teams would suffice. Your mods are a joke compared what's considered as passable in my arena's top 20.

*top 50 of my arena currently: 4 cls(due to another FOTM ;)), 1 bast. Rest are Traya and Revan.

I took a closer look at OPs roster, and he just started using a 5* Traya this past Sunday, so he's probably upset that he just realized he still a meta behind
  • Options
    ScottyLee wrote: »
    People usually only complain about OP toons when they don't have them. And, as I suspected, OP runs a traya squad and doesn't have revan: https://swgoh.gg/p/998323214/characters/

Tip for OP - use Palp lead vs Revan and fracture yoda then anihilate revan, very easy match to win

You are correct. People that complain normally are the ones who doesn’t have what it is they are complaining about. Also nice job posting the OPs swgoh.gg info. It allows the community to see more into why the OP feels the way he does.

@_Skystalker To answer your 3rd question...Why do people who have Revan use Revan...my answer is this: Because I spent money to get him. He is a new toy that I wanted to play with. It would be a waste to spend money and let him sit there collecting dust. Plus...the Dark side has been meta since March, it was time for a new meta to take over. You can check my swgoh.gg account and see for the past week...with Revan being released I was still able to get either Rank 1 or Rank 2 with my Traya team despite Revan rising up in my shard. The only reason I didn’t start using him last week was because I didn’t have him G12 until yesterday. My shard is a 2015 shard and you can’t get into the top 15 anymore without facing a Revan team.

Revan isn’t OP, but if he was it shouldn’t matter..people spent a lot
    Of money to get him. You shouldn’t have a lot of problems with your Traya team to beat Revan teams. Yes it’s more difficult than a Traya mirror match....but it is possible. I say this because Ive had to face Revan teams using my Traya team since last week and I was still able
    to get my payouts like I normally do.
  • Options
    This is such a bad argument. I had Revan and was still running Rebels as I enjoy them more. This is EVERY meta toon ever. When CLS, JTR, Traya came out it was the same story thats why its called a META. Zaul counters and doesnt drop hard. Same with my Rebels.
  • Options
    Probably just salty from dropping gear and zetas on Traya when she's on the tail end of her meta reign.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    ... Does that make Chewie OP?

YAS!!! Chewie is monster OP! Especially because I only have him at 6 stars, then he is definitely OP and need a huge smack with a nerf hammer.

Btw OP ... Revan may be strong, but he's not really overpowered.

CLS was overpowered. He could more or less beat everything with a random team of rebels.
    Thrawn was overpowered. He could slot in to any team and be a deciding factor.

Revan still needs a pretty god team of jedi to work (try to run a Revan team without GMY and Bastila, and you won't get very far). I even heard somewhere that he loses 1-on-1 on auto vs CLS, but I haven't seen it yet, so ...

• GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I survived the CLS Meta with Empire

I survived the JTR Meta with Empire.

I survived the Traya Meta with Empire

I survived Bastila with Empire

... but Revan foced me tho change sides. :disappointed:

Its a really bad day for the Empire.

Revan is the strongest toon wie encounter so far. Way stronger then Traya imho.

He is nearly impossible to controll if fully zetaed. He outspeed everything on the field because of his leadership and his high base speed. His kit is insane and there aren't many counters to him that work really effective if you haven't Traya yet.

I play this Game nearly since it starts. My GM is 3.7 Million and I didn't have Traya by now, bcs i stayed at my guild with many weak players and we worked together to beat the HSR. It was an hard way but the witch is on farm now! She will do well in territory wars and i will also get my revan next time. The thing is ... until now you didn't needed the metatrain to stay in front of the arena. There was no need to jump in. There was always an effective counter. But now ...

I'am on a Dec 2015 shard an can still get top 10/5 every day but it isn't fun anymore to fight your way up.

I tested everything of these so called "counters" we know so far and only CLS and Zolo with Chewie, Thrawn and Nihilus (as an bait) work decent against revansquads without Zolee.

There is only one thing that make me happy. Revan vs Revan is also pain in the a... to fight. :relaxed:

I am afraid of the time we get the Jedi Revan Counter. Don't like the way this game goes.
  • Options
    Well thanks for all the comments guys. I am playing about with my New Traya, and Sith. Which I spent the last 6 months gearing for Traya. My Shard has a 15 Player Strong WALL of Revan Teams, all tweaked and perfected, so im just going to have to sit outside top 20 pondering a way in while i spend the next 6 months farming Old Republic...oh joy.....now where are my excitement pills, oh yes here they are...….:)
  • Options
    Well thanks for all the comments guys. I am playing about with my New Traya, and Sith. Which I spent the last 6 months gearing for Traya. My Shard has a 15 Player Strong WALL of Revan Teams, all tweaked and perfected, so im just going to have to sit outside top 20 pondering a way in while i spend the next 6 months farming Old Republic...oh joy.....now where are my excitement pills, oh yes here they are...….:)

I know you're joking - but "chasing the meta" is how players end up in situations like the one that prompted this post in the first place.

By the time Revan comes around again, there will be new toons that make him less intimidating (or old toons with reworks) and players that farmed Revan will sit there raging at how GG destroys everyone and the top of the arena is all separatists now.

If someone wants Revan because he's a strong LS toon, great! Go get him. But if they're after Revan because he's "dominating" arena right now, well, that's probably not going to be the case by the time he returns.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    The Crux of my point is that CG, ended Treya's allure, viability and worth prematurely and without any real consideration, for the thousands of players and guilds still working to acquire her. Thus spoiling her desirability as a reward for what still the hardest and longest grind of the game currently.

No, Thankyou for spending your last 8 months busting your balls for treya, but we have stripped her now of pretty much everything that was worth investing your valuable time for. Oh and by the way, our newest reward is gonna cost you big time! so get out your wallet suckers!

Yes, the game must go one, new content must come, and the game must evolve. If that's the case then, they did not plan very well, or structure very well the HSR because they left in their wake millions of players and guilds still working toward Traya. So now what we supposed to-do now you've destroyed her worth?

I believe that's a real failure on CG's part. I think they should have made the HSR easier so that less people were effected by this latest release. It would not have mattered so much making that transition if 90% of players had Treya or were pretty much there.

To sum up.....They did not get that right in my humble opinion. That's my criticism. I am just calling for a bit more consideration for all the players, not just the top elite when making decisions that change the gaming experience for everyone!

• Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    The Crux of my point is that CG, ended Treya's allure, viability and worth prematurely and without any real consideration, for the thousands of players and guilds still working to acquire her. Thus spoiling her desirability as a reward for what still the hardest and longest grind of the game currently.

No, Thankyou for spending your last 8 months busting your balls for treya, but we have stripped her now of pretty much everything that was worth investing your valuable time for. Oh and by the way, our newest reward is gonna cost you big time! so get out your wallet suckers!

Yes, the game must go one, new content must come, and the game must evolve. If that's the case then, they did not plan very well, or structure very well the HSR because they left in their wake millions of players and guilds still working toward Traya. So now what we supposed to-do now you've destroyed her worth?

I believe that's a real failure on CG's part. I think they should have made the HSR easier so that less people were effected by this latest release. It would not have mattered so much making that transition if 90% of players had Treya or were pretty much there.

To sum up.....They did not get that right in my humble opinion. That's my criticism. I am just calling for a bit more consideration for all the players, not just the top elite when making decisions that change the gaming experience for everyone!

If you're not a "top elite player", isn't traya still be amazeballs though?
    I also want to note that traya has been in my top20 for such a gosh darn long time that saying traya's allure/viability/worth ended prematurely is kinda funny to me. Eventhough i wasn't able to get revan i'm very happy i'm finally battling some different teams for a change. I personally switched to a chewbacca team before revan was released just because i grew tired of using traya eventhough traya is arguably better.
    I guess what i'm saying is that traya's viability/worth/allure hasn't ended at all, she just became less viable for top ranks, but viable nontheless.
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Boov, Traya is viable sure. But if you want a top 20 slot, then you really need a 7 Star traya, very strong mods on your sith squad, because its unlikely your going to be going up against poorly moded Revan squads. By now Revan teams will be very finely tuned toward your very quick demise. Revan teams advance right out the gate relentlessly, and your likely to loose Traya very quickly. Your only hope is to isolate or fracture Yoda, and try to get to your annihilate fast, so a strong speed set on DN is crucial along with a fair amount of potency. If your very fortunate not to be up against a good moded Revan team you have a slim / moderate hope.

But 7/10 good Revan teams rush out the gate and destroy Traya, so your 8 months of farming the sith raid, is basically to acquire a character that's no more then a crash impact dummy that's essentially going to have a front seat to impending doom and a life span that of your average daddy long legs in a school playground. So was that spectacular front seat death really worth the farm? Not really but thanks CG.

It might be better off running a MAUL lead so Traya is protected, but while maul is a good idea offensively defensibly that's another story.

Traya, might be cool for players top 100 arena fed-up with their EMP P teams, use her to creep up 30/40 places sure, u can enjoy that perhaps but was that really worth your 8 months of HSR farming for that?

Now her meta days are over she's little more then a human shield for your sith team now as far as Revan is concerned but you can still find some consolation using her to maybe keep top 50, but then you can do that with Chewy, or NS or Bastila lead teams. Which don't require a 130 million GP guild and 6/8 months to acquire and gear up like Traya does.

:)

• TVF
    36607 posts Member
    Options
    "Her meta days are over."

Yep. Applies to every toon. Oh well.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF, correct and thanks for pointing out the obvious. But you miss the point which I cant be bothered explaining again.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Let me ask you this, how long do you think a toon/team like traya be the single best choice for arena? Keep in mind that for many months to come players will still be unlocking traya, so if you want the 6/8 month farm for traya to be worth it for arena purposes as the single best toon/team, she is going to meta for a very, very long time. I think its safe to assume you don't want that either.
    Lets also not forget that traya is still the 2nd best choice for arena at the moment and she's very usefull in TW. Furtherore, you're gonna unlock traya sooner or later anyway due to natural progression and doing raids, even if traya is no where near viable anymore players are still going to unlock her regardless. It also seems like the devs are making a conscious effort to keep raid characters relevant, so one could say she'll be worth it to a certain degree indefinately.
  • Options
    My bigger issue is how a lot of times people only look at the top of arena to decide if a toon is good or not. If (not-really) pvp is your thing, then that may still be your main consideration. But there's a lot of game that ISN'T arena, and just because a toon isn't number 1 in the arena meta report doesn't mean they're suddenly useless to all players.
  • Options
    I personally agree that Traya can not and should not remain the META infinitely, I don't dispute that, my point is The HSR is still their flag ship raid ok, thousands of Guilds under 100 MIL GP (roughly) are still gearing to complete HSR. So its fair to say their are thousands of players perhaps millions who don't even have traya or are still farming HSR for her. They have killed the value in that, her crown has been stolen, so for players still fighting to obtain her that incentive has been dramatically reduced, and the reward hollowed out.

They could have done a few things differently.

1. Made the HSR easier earlier so more people could get access to her, and enjoy her a bit longer. It would have softened the blow.
    2. They could have waited maybe a bit longer until releasing Revan. Players could have enjoyed Chewi and Jango, a bit longer before exploding Revan onto the scene stealing their thunder!

3. They could have kept Traya's kit a bit more competitive VS Revan still making the HSR Journey worth while
    4. They could have given players a bit more time to farm for Revan, and maybe put a bit more thought into his kit, giving him a bit more identity rather then just a kit which basically is the Achilles heel to everything TREYA and NEST

They choose not to-do any of those things in my view hence this post. Their agenda was $$$ and delivering a golden goose without a lot of thought for anything else.

that's my view. I just think its important to evaluate, and try to think of all ends before rushing toward a pay day.

• Options
    .. still farming HSR for her. They have killed the value in that, her crown has been stolen, so for players still fighting to obtain her that incentive has been dramatically reduced, and the reward hollowed out...

Again, this is only true if your sole purpose for attaining Traya is to dominate arena. Which she still can do, by the way. If people are gearing to even attempt HSTR now, Traya wouldn't be meta by the time they 7* her anyways, Revan or no.
  • Options
    Traya can still find a way into my top 5 in arena.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    I personally agree that Traya can not and should not remain the META infinitely, I don't dispute that, my point is The HSR is still their flag ship raid ok, thousands of Guilds under 100 MIL GP (roughly) are still gearing to complete HSR. So its fair to say their are thousands of players perhaps millions who don't even have traya or are still farming HSR for her. They have killed the value in that, her crown has been stolen, so for players still fighting to obtain her that incentive has been dramatically reduced, and the reward hollowed out.

1. Made the HSR easier earlier so more people could get access to her, and enjoy her a bit longer. It would have softened the blow.
    2. They could have waited maybe a bit longer until releasing Revan. Players could have enjoyed Chewi and Jango, a bit longer before exploding Revan onto the scene stealing their thunder!
    3. They could have kept Traya's kit a bit more competitive VS Revan still making the HSR Journey worth while
    4. They could have given players a bit more time to farm for Revan, and maybe put a bit more thought into his kit, giving him a bit more identity rather then just a kit which basically is the Achilles heel to everything TREYA and NEST

They choose not to-do any of those things in my view hence this post. Their agenda was $$$ and delivering a golden goose without a lot of thought for anything else.

that's my view. I just think its important to evaluate, and try to think of all ends before rushing toward a pay day.

I can adress all those points, but it's not worth it.
    I get that it sucks that they released revan when you've finally unlocked traya, but that's the price you pay for being late to the party.
  • Options
    It's less op than CLS but more than anyhing else during my playtime.
    Players without traya are doomed.
    Players with no g12 traya are not happy.
  • Options
    Late? I nearly have a 6 star Traya, I know plenty of guilds who have not completed HSR yet they dont have a single shard. I am not late to the party I am smack bang in the middle of the party. So are the majority of others. Only its not the Traya party any longer.

Tbirds - If traya is in your top 10 then this means 2 things. 1, your Revan players are still working on better mods. or 2 the top 10 have their own little private chat room where they all agree to take it in turns having their pay out.

• Options
    Late? I nearly have a 6 star Traya, I know plenty of guilds who have not completed HSR yet they dont have a single shard. I am not late to the party I am smack bang in the middle of the party. So are the majority of others. Only its not the Traya party any longer.

Tbirds - If traya is in your top 10 then this means 2 things. 1, your Revan players are still working on better mods. or 2 the top 10 have their own little private chat room where they all agree to take it in turns having their pay out.

Good point, or they really want Traya to be able to be used a little more, and try to find ways to make it happen.😂
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    Its possible, CG maybe paying players to forfeit matches on purpose, rather then admit faults or concede that REVAN is OP :)
  • Options
    Someone posted to Fracture yoda so he cant spread tenacity so DN can use is drain for annihilate, didn't work as drain gets deflected. So that's out the window.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Someone posted to Fracture yoda so he cant spread tenacity so DN can use is drain for annihilate, didn't work as drain gets deflected. So that's out the window.

While I agree that Revan is op, there's no use implying he's unbeatable. You can see many possible counters on the forum.
  • Options
    Don't imply that - anyone is beatable.
  • Options

I agree completely. The point is not that the meta change, it always does. The point is that they let Traya be meta for such a short time considering her being behind a wall of HSR, which when it came out was, and for many guilds still is, really tough to beat (and even when you have her on farm she takes a long time to get to 7 stars).

There is something off when a rework of old toons like palp/zader becomes meta for longer than than the hardest to farm toon in the game.

Besides CLS/raid han/chewie teams could challenge the Traya meta even before Revan was released so it isn’t like it was necessary for game balancing reasons to release a toon with a specific anti-Traya kit so soon.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    Judging by how long traya has been dominating arena, you are in fact late to the party. That the overwhelming majority of players is late to the traya party doesn't change that.
    For the early unlockers the party has been over for a while now since everyone and their uncle has Traya now, not much added benefit of having traya if every single player in the top100 has traya.
    I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, you think the sole reign of traya ended prematurely and for me a true shake-up in arena couldn't happen fast enough because i was tired of seeying traya all the gosh darn time for months now. I do however wish it was chewy who shook thinks up instead of revan
    (obviously because i did manage to get chewy :))