So basically...(C3PO things)

Replies

• Options
    Kaziglubey wrote: »
    PeteBajama wrote: »
    As somebody else said. Don't get him. When he's required for something else leave your salt outta here. I can't expect him to be meta changing. My random thought on kit helps make him viable. Also gives me reason to finish off ewoks which is fun

So if he beats Traya in the right set up it wouldn't bother you? I wish I didn't have to get him but something tells me that he's gonna be needed for something we're all gonna want to get

Key word right set up no. It'll put another cog in arena. But really 7 star traya is beatable by so many right set ups what's another?

Dude it's 3PO, can you name one time he actually fought anything?
  • Sev74907
    211 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Beyol wrote: »
    All the ones saying" why 3po " doesn't have their murder bears ready.
    2. You can't have something "ready" when it's only been announced for a few days. By definition you would have to have prior knowledge and work towards being ready for something and then fail the task.

Hahahahaha! This is the most laughable thing I've seen all day. First off, you do realize that the Ewoks have been farmable for the longest time right? Of COURSE you can be ready for it. If you have worked on Ewoks for other things then you can do it. Secondly, you act like the Ewoks are like the Revan event where you can't have possibly farmed them in the time we've had them. Scout, Teebo and Elder have been in this game for FOREVER. The ONLY ones that could be difficult are Wicket as he didn't become farmable (outside of the Endor Escalation event) until April of this year and Logray (who has been farmable in the guild store since then). However, Wicket and Logray aren't even required to complete the event. So please stop making stuff up
  • Options
    As somebody else said. Don't get him. When he's required for something else leave your salt outta here. I can't expect him to be meta changing. My random thought on kit helps make him viable. Also gives me reason to finish off ewoks which is fun

So if he beats Traya in the right set up it wouldn't bother you? I wish I didn't have to get him but something tells me that he's gonna be needed for something we're all gonna want to get

Key word right set up no. It'll put another cog in arena. But really 7 star traya is beatable by so many right set ups what's another?

Dude it's 3PO, can you name one time he actually fought anything?

If that's the deciding factor of fighting anybody. The likesHyoda shouldn't be on any team. He just sat in a swamp and trained Somebody. So shouldn't help anybody but Luke
  • TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda would take an aat on his own.

The real Yoda would not. #notmyyoda
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    C3P0

No basic, No Special, No speed. Never gets a turn, he's just ... there.

Has a bunch of Uniques though:

Unique 1: Starts the battle with stealth, crit immunity and a special buff that hinders him from being debuffed. None of these buff can be dispelled.

Unique 2: Whenever C3P0 gains a buff, all other allies gains the same buff for 2 turns. All allies then gain 10% protection.

Unique 3 (Ewok boost): Whenever an ally assists instead 2 allies assist and all allies gain 1 speed (stacking) (max once per ally's turn)

Unique 4 (droid boost): All allies begin the battle with 100% turn meter, CD and CC up. Whenever and ally scores a critical hit, the enemy loses 10% TM, this effect can not be resisted.

Just something I made up (obviously!), but at least it would be different B)
  • Options
    fu8jfd6dlmbx.png

This is the droid we are looking for.
  • Options
    Beyol wrote: »
    All the ones saying" why 3po " doesn't have their murder bears ready.

1. Don't assume every one thinks and behaves like you.
    2. You can't have something "ready" when it's only been announced for a few days. By definition you would have to have prior knowledge and work towards being ready for something and then fail the task.
    3. Some people actually care about accuracy and lore. Perhaps you don't but many of us do. If I played a racing game where a stock Toyota was faster than a Lamborghini I would probably stop playing it because it wouldn't make any sense.

Read your first point and then read the first sentence of your 3rd point.

You care, I don't, there's nothing wrong with either POV but CG has to pick one or flip a coin.

In this game lore has never been a requirement. Its been a loose guide, but nothing more than that.
  • Options
    At this point a kit reveal would sure be nice.
  • Options
    Seriously, he's worthless! He can't even pick up a stone off the ground and throw it at an enemy. If he's part of a good arena or raid team I'm definitely done.

Just don't do it, no matter what you do it's gonna be nonsense, 3PO doesn't belong a game with battle, plain and simple.

BB8 barely attacks, Hermit Yoda doesn't attack at all, yet both are very useful. C-3PO is in every movie and caryoon with R2, it shouldn't have taken them this long to add him
  • Options
    Maybe quit whining and move to the character of your choosing. Geez.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Options
    And for the sake of the maker, this isn’t a fighting game. Quit calling it that.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Options
    If you look at raid Han's abilities you will notice one of them is titled "never tell me the odds." Now most of you are familiar with this line in the movie as Han says it to C3PO after becoming annoyed by him

Now this inspired me to guess what C3PO's abilities might be. I hope that he will literally do nothing, but his presence will annoy teammates to do more damage, grant more turn meter, and just generally make their abilities better.

Basically I want C3PO to annoy his teammates into doing more damage and finishing the battle quicker.
  • TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options
    Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    At this point a kit reveal would sure be nice.

Since the event is (seemingly) not until the 14th, it's a bit early.
  • Options
    If lore was deciding factor there would be like 5 chars useful. All extra Jedi have Insta loss vs clones?
    Weaselcult wrote: »
    If I played a racing game where a stock Toyota was faster than a Lamborghini I would probably stop playing it because it wouldn't make any sense.

You play a game where 5 ewoks can defeat legendary jedi revan. Where x-wing pilots biggs and wedge can destroy darth traya nihilus and sion and where the nightsisters own general grievous. We are hardly working with established lore here if this is your main concern you are probably in the wrong game

I for one would love to see c3p0 in game he is a star wars staple

I didn't mean that, and Yoda would take an aat on his own. The point I'm trying to make is that 3PO is legitimately useless for all intents and purposes. It's like putting an infant as a legit character in a fighting game

You've never played mortal kombat? BABALITY!
  • Options
    I reckon C3-PO will have synergies with R2 like raid Han and OT chewie do. Makes sense to seeing as they were together for a lot of the movies. I can see him having a taunt and debuff on basic too.
  • Options
    If lore, in any way, determined the effectiveness of a character, things should die with the mere presence of Mace Windu
  • Options
    He could "predict the odds" and place a damage immunity buff on someone. Could decrease enemy potency, or could amplify an allies abilities. He could also be similar to zombie that he can't be killed as in the movies he keeps getting restored. He could also grant foresight to his allies. How many times did he try to warn everyone of danger?
  • Options
    I think he should just be carried around in Chewie's backpack. He won't do anything, but he also won't take up a slot.
  • Options
    Hmm... yousa point is well seen.
    Yousa should follow me now, okeeday? My warning yous: Gungans no like outsiders. Don't 'spect a warm welcome.

And the best Troll award of 2018 goes to Glitteroutlaw 😂
  • Options
    Well at least people aren't overreacting before they've even seen his kit, lol.
  • TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options
    He's going to be a tank that grants all allies immunity from being marked.
  • Options
    Bully poor R2-D2.
  • Options
    C3po tells the other droids and Ewoks what to do, he should give them a lot of turn meter because he has them operating at maximum efficiency. He could also boost damage and other stats.nobodys crying about r2d2 being so much of an attacker when he’s not in the films
  • Ultra
    11510 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I've been thinking about his kit and lately toying with the idea that C3PO being a protocol droid with > 6 million forms of communication might have a unique where all your allies share every other allies tag

So if you have JKR, Traya, C3PO in one team, those three will be Jedi, Sith, Old Republic, and Droid

Or hera lead with bunch of other toons making them all Phoenix

Even if he does nothing in the team, he's doing a huge contribution
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I've been thinking about his kit and lately toying with the idea that C3PO being a protocol droid with > 6 million forms of communication might have a unique where you all allies have every other allies tag

So if you have JKR, Traya, C3PO in one team, those three will be Jedi, Sith, Old Republic, Droid

Or hera lead with bunch of other toons making them all Phoenix

Even if he does nothing in the team, he's doing a huge contribution

Mass synergy would be a pretty crazy power. Not sure if it's even possible. Sounds like bugs/crashes waiting to happen.

Would be a ton of fun theorycrafting though.
  • Ultra
    11510 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Options
    To balance it out you can make it like bb8's Special Intel buff where C3PO has to take a turn and spread it around to share tags, which can easily be countered (dispels) and prevent start of turn bonuses (Bastilla lead / JKR speed boost) that would be game breaking
  • Options
    I have no use for a protocol droid