Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    You got points and they didn't. It's a bug. They are aware of it and have already made a post about it.

This. There were bugs....some wins were forcing a restart and the point didn't count. There were threads all over this forum and reddit about it.....CG already investigated and sent out an update to fix the issue.

Ah ok. My bad. Its hard to tell what's been reported when they throw it all into megas

There are multiple official announcement posts besides the megas.

I am floored by the number of people that know where the forum is and yet don’t take 5 seconds to look around before posting the exact same thing.

There is literally 1 post about that specific bug. And it was posted after i started my thread. Im floored by you level of toxicity.

Some people just think they are better than everyone else.

Yeah sure. The time stamp on your post is more than 3 hours after GA attack phase launched, and based on the content was after the rewards were given out. The first official announcement about the bug was 12 minutes after GA attack phase launched. The second was an hour and 34 minutes after.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    You got points and they didn't. It's a bug. They are aware of it and have already made a post about it.

This. There were bugs....some wins were forcing a restart and the point didn't count. There were threads all over this forum and reddit about it.....CG already investigated and sent out an update to fix the issue.

Ah ok. My bad. Its hard to tell what's been reported when they throw it all into megas

There are multiple official announcement posts besides the megas.

I am floored by the number of people that know where the forum is and yet don’t take 5 seconds to look around before posting the exact same thing.

There is literally 1 post about that specific bug. And it was posted after i started my thread. Im floored by you level of toxicity.

Some people just think they are better than everyone else.

Yeah sure. The time stamp on your post is more than 3 hours after GA attack phase launched, and based on the content was after the rewards were given out. The first official announcement about the bug was 12 minutes after GA attack phase launched. The second was an hour and 34 minutes after.

I did all my attacks at 14 minutes in and then looked at forum. Was gonna post that it was bugged before seeing at least 3 different tags. Did my research, never posted.

It’s the same with the calendar. People never learn to look, so I agree 100% @Liath
  • Options
    I have a suggestion I think there should a an option to exit once you join in on an arena event before the players are locked into the event.
  • Options
    I have a prob w the 2nd attempt at GA rollout. Screenshot from 11:15pm est. zxg5b1ck6syh.jpg

792-941-698
  • Options
    689-427-551
    New issue: my mods aren't where they should be. It seems player lock-in was delayed for me, perhaps until I actually entered GA the first time during this round, about 2 hours after the posted player lock-in.

Explanation: Player lock-in was at 9pm EST. My guild had an hsith raid starting then. I figured, "Ok, I'm all locked in for GA. I can freely move mods around for the raid." So I did just that over the next 2 hours. "Yay, I squeeked out a #10 finish, extra loot. Time to go check GA and see my opponent. This doesn't look so bad, I can take this guy. Let me put in some defensive squads. Wait a second, I don't usually run Nihilus with a speed set. That's just silly when running him under Traya lead. Whoa, what's up with all my mods?"

Result: my mods are the mess I had them in at the end of the raid, nearly 2 hours after supposed lock-in. My BB8 is wearing a loin cloth (a single mod, a triangle). My CLS is wearing his chex-mix set, minus the circle I stole for NS in p4 against Nihilus. And my big furball, well, let's just say it's lucky he's furry, because as far as mods go, he's naked. Can't have a naked 7* zChewie g12+ in swgoh. That might be fine for the movies, but it won't fly in here.

A little help CG?
  • Options
    damnhippy wrote: »
    I have a prob w the 2nd attempt at GA rollout. Screenshot from 11:15pm est. zxg5b1ck6syh.jpg

792-941-698

Did you forget to join?
  • Options
    949-179-272

The teams set up as defence in Grand Arena are not available in Teritory Battles.
  • Options
    Again I'm mismatched...I have an opponent with 36 zatas I have 26 zatas...the toons are not matched they have a 6* (2 Zata) Darth Traya I have a 0* Darth Traya..and no counter..we only match GP..we all know zatas win how is this an even match? My Ally code 399-334-627.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    TRanger wrote: »
    Again I'm mismatched...I have an opponent with 36 zatas I have 26 zatas...the toons are not matched they have a 6* (2 Zata) Darth Traya I have a 0* Darth Traya..and no counter..we only match GP..we all know zatas win how is this an even match? My Ally code 399-334-627.
    We all also know that acquiring zetas is RNG and not all zetas are good zetas / can be outmaneuvered

Everyone has a different collection, just pinpointing one specific toon for a poor matchmaking is wrong. Just looking at "my zeta count != enemy zeta count" being a poor matchmaking is wrong. Some people hoard zetas some people get lucky with dailies etc, win more in TW etc.

I don't think the matchmaking is great at all but the perception that "he has traya the algorithm is bad" is not a good complaint
  • Options
    there is a problem with the matchmaking in this arena, my opponent has more than 20 Gear 12 toons (i have 2)
    he has more than 20 zetas (i have 7)
    he has more than 50 mods 6 dots (i have not a single one 6 dots mods)
    he is top 4 arena ranking (i am in the 400 approximately)
    he is top 1 fleet arena (i navigate in the top 40-30 )

how am i supposed to have fun playing versus such an unbeatable monster ?
  • Options
    431-574-452

- Set 5x defensive squads in this new GA - still on 450 points

What a joke

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Ultras Argument

I don't think the matchmaking is great at all but the perception that "he has traya the algorithm is bad" is not a good complaint
    Obviously you have yet to encounter An OP toon with no counter...if she wasn't any good so many people wouldn't desire her..and the top 50 in squad arena wouldn't have her. My main argument was the Zata count...as it was posted on top, and again in closing....Zata count is the argument you are incorrect in thinking it isn't a factor in any arena..under your argument I challenge you to form a squad using no Zata and tell me how high you climb in arena and how many grand arena and TW you win without them. Then we can debate your argument." If It wasn't absolutely a factor." Plus we were told match making would figure in Zata count and toon configuration to your own.
  • Options
    This is crazy having to wait 24 hours to attack in the arena! Why can’t it go into the attack phase once each opponent is setup on defense...this is just a waste of time having to wait to attack. 😒😖
  • Options
    When I try and log in for the last 2 days

j333fqdt491h.png
  • Options
    Opponent posted no defenses, so I cannot earn rewards for wins, because there is nothing to battle. Can the opponent win from me? That would not seem fair.
  • SkiaRyder
    120 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Went through all battles had no issues, everything WAI. On a side note I hope you guys( @CG_SBCrumb ) make some quick tweaks to help get more people interested.
    #1 You have to make it auto set defense even if they never set a defense because its not fair to opponent to not have a chance at 100k per section, or make it award the full 100k per section by default if they set 0 defense.
    #2 A few more things added into the equation for match making.

Thanks love it, hope you can look at some of the comments though and make it better.
  • Options
    bammeister wrote: »
    Opponent posted no defenses, so I cannot earn rewards for wins, because there is nothing to battle. Can the opponent win from me? That would not seem fair.

Bump this up...both my wife and I had the same thing...opponents who never set defense. Is this a coincidence or bug? I love the idea of the grand arena, tho.

• Options
    Same issue here with the defense not auto setting but I got the points for wins
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    TurgonGW wrote: »
    431-574-452

What a joke

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that the correct amount?
  • Options
    @bammeister

This.

The opponent wins 180 for defeating my territory + 64 points per squad defeated. With 3 squads per territory, each territory is worth +372 points, so it's 744 points total.

I get 540 for setting up all my defenses, and then I'm prevented from getting any points at all on offense. THIS IS A GUARANTEED WIN FOR OPPONENTS WHO DO NOT SET UP DEFENSES.

Why are people without defenses being rewarded?
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    TurgonGW wrote: »
    431-574-452

What a joke

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that the correct amount?

You aren’t wrong, it’s correct.
    Some people like to yell at the sky for no reason
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @bammeister

This.

The opponent wins 180 for defeating my territory + 64 points per squad defeated. With 3 squads per territory, each territory is worth +372 points, so it's 744 points total.

I get 540 for setting up all my defenses, and then I'm prevented from getting any points at all on offense. THIS IS A GUARANTEED WIN FOR OPPONENTS WHO DO NOT SET UP DEFENSES.

You get extra banners for your opponent not setting a defense, making it impossible for them to catch you
  • Options
    My game froze in battle, lost kills I had, battle was counted and team was locked. Jedi all attacked at once.
  • Options
    Guerre77 wrote: »
    Same issue here with the defense not auto setting but I got the points for wins

Defense only auto-sets in rounds 2 and 3 (using the squads that were set in round 1). Since this is just a 1 round event there is no previous round to base the auto-sets on so it stays empty. I assume that will be true for the first round of regular three round events as well. So if someone sets defenses in round one, but doesn't in 2/3 it will auto-set the defenses from round 1.
    If they never set a defense their board will be empty all 3 rounds. This is how it was explained in the announcement.
  • Acymetric
    222 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Halo wrote: »
    @bammeister

This.

You get should get extra banners for your opponent not setting a defense, making it impossible for them to catch you

Already impossible for them to catch you. You got 90 banners for setting those squads, they get 64 for beating them (at best, if they win with shorthanded squads and full health/protection which is unlikely). You both get the rewards for clearing territories. Not possible for them to catch you.
  • DrewRos_ForceCentral
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Does Han Solo need to survive to complete the task Underdog Wins in the Grand Arena Quest?

I have screen shots to show.

1) I got credit for Han Solo in the party winning 10 battles. 1/10

2) And I made sure my squad was lower in GP by 800 GP.

3) Only difference was Han Solo got whacked.

3suwb5yvgioe.png

0pt51ocnjafa.png

tcceqyv0s528.png
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Game freezes up halfway through battle with 3 toons dead for opponent none dead for me and I lose the round and all kills.....there wont be a grand arena if they dont figure out how to release it without MAJOR bugs
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Does Han Solo need to survive to complete the task Underdog Wins in the Grand Arena Quest?

I have screen shots to show.

1) I got credit for Han Solo in the party winning 10 battles. 1/10

2) And I made sure my squad was lower in GP by 800 GP.

3) Only difference was Han Solo got whacked.

It’s undersized not underdog, you need to win with a 4man (or less) team with Han in it
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Acymetric wrote: »
    Halo wrote: »
    @bammeister

This.

You get should get extra banners for your opponent not setting a defense, making it impossible for them to catch you

Already impossible for them to catch you. You got 90 banners for setting those squads, they get 64 for beating them (at best, if they win with shorthanded squads and full health/protection which is unlikely). You both get the rewards for clearing territories. Not possible for them to catch you.

You forgot to add the banners they would get from conquering a territory, meaning they would go past you if you didn’t get the extra banners from them not setting a defense
  • Options
    nevcnehy20ii.jpg

I attacked this team, had general Kenobi on the yellow, and yet when I go back to fight again it has them all at full health and protection? Even ran it again with some insignificant troops to check if this menu was displaying it wrong but no, all full health