Grand Arena - BUG - Megathread

Replies

• Options
    MolVinn wrote: »
    My opponent was able to attack but had no defence set. He won banners.

So? You still win overall as they can’t catch you if they set no defense
  • Options
    My opponent was able to attack but had no defence set. He won banners.

Yeah same situation for me, and it really sucks. I feel like the integrity of this new Arena is lost by allowing a played to not set a defense but they can still attack. It's not fun.
  • Options
    I realize that it is impossible to win if you don't have the banners from defence. It's annoying.
    Could there be an automatic forfeit function if it's mathematically impossible to win?
    Close out the round quicker, collect the prizes and move on.
  • Options
    I realize that it is impossible to win if you don't have the banners from defence. It's annoying.
    Could there be an automatic forfeit function if it's mathematically impossible to win?
    Close out the round quicker, collect the prizes and move on.

definitely not, because you get cool prizes for the challenges (stun opponent 20 times in grand arena and so on)
    if you get matched to an opponent with 50 g12 more than you have why should you set defense? you can go on offense with all your little might and grab the prizes for the challenges... the other one gets only the first prize in grand arena, but who cares?
    complaints? tell them the matchmaking dev-team... oh they only compare GP, hmmm think there is no matchmaking dev-team, what a pity
  • Options
    TRanger wrote: »
    Selfish in gearing up our toons..not...it was to help our guild..not ourselves..if you recall we we're lead that direction..."you can find use for even your droids" one Dev mentioned, or advertisement..one of the two...so now we must be penalized for doing what devs Ask.

I can agree with both are athletes..one will.win one will not...but no they are not equal..one has steroids. Matchaking placed me with someone well over my ability. Like placing a heavy weight boxer vs a Welter weight... unmatched...which is exactly what you did when you place 26 z vs 36 z.

Here is the run down:

26 zatas vs 36 zatas

5/6 won. 6/6 won

16 battles to get 5/6 wins. 8 battles for 6/6

We knew how this one was going too end before it began. It wasn't fair to began with, you allowed it, and now your defense is.."well it is your fault for leveling trash". Which was encouraged when TW started by devs. This wasn't going to be even as devs claimed...and somehow it's all our fault.

Notes thanks...and you wonder why I won't rate you higher then 2 stars.

This is a brand new game mode. There is no way it is going to come out of the gates perfect. Nothing in this game has (which is a different discussion topic). If you were on the flip-side of this scenario I am highly doubting you would be as vocal about this on the forums. Not everyone can have it perfect and you will have to build towards your likes in this game. Some people focus on their arena team only, some on TB, some on TW, some on raid, etc...

Ultimately just give it a little bit of time. I am sure over the next few weeks/months they will be making adjustments to the matchmaking algorithm to help address scenarios like yours.
  • Options
    There is an issue where if you don’t set a defense and your enemy does, you can attack and your opponent can’t which will almost guarantee you a win since you can save all of your best teams for offense. Maybe setting points for defense higher than points for offense would make sure people have to set a defense.

Ally code 515-588-799
  • Options
    936-311-958
    My guild mates are saying they have on-going grand arena battles but when I tap on mine it says there is nothing going on.
  • Options
    Crusoe34 wrote: »
    There is an issue where if you don’t set a defense and your enemy does, you can attack and your opponent can’t which will almost guarantee you a win since you can save all of your best teams for offense. Maybe setting points for defense higher than points for offense would make sure people have to set a defense.

Ally code 515-588-799

For about the 100th time in this thread: if you don’t set a defense it’s impossible to win. Points for defense ARE higher than points for offense.
  • Options
    Jtk437 wrote: »
    936-311-958
    My guild mates are saying they have on-going grand arena battles but when I tap on mine it says there is nothing going on.

Probably because you forgot to join the new one when the previous one was closed a few days ago. Irrelevant now anyway since it’s finished.
  • Options
    Halo wrote: »

Ally code 515-588-799

For about the 100th time in this thread: if you don’t set a defense it’s impossible to win. Points for defense ARE higher than points for offense.

In my arena, it was 2 teams per territory. 90 for set defense=360 Possble points. Beat territory is 180 and up to 64 points per win on offense = 616 possible points.

616>360
  • Options

Ally code 515-588-799

In my arena, it was 2 teams per territory. 90 for set defense=360 Possble points. Beat territory is 180 and up to 64 points per win on offense = 616 possible points.

616>360

But you get the 180 points per territory too if your opponent didn't set defenses.

720 >616
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Ally code 515-588-799

616>360

As Acymetric pointed out, you need to add the conquer bonus which you automatically receive if your opponent doesn’t set defense, putting you at 720.
  • Options
    As others have commented after 2 victories I recived an error and was not able to finish the grand arena event or recieve rewards
  • Bartek
    116 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    This is funny. You guys (CG_SBCrumb) are telling us that GP will resolve the tie situation. Yet the official news DOES NOT says who wins. Is it the one with with less GP (preferably) or with higher numbers? Please improve the quality of you announcements.
  • Options
    I seem to have this bug where I have a lot of fun and am greatly looking forward to Grand Arena. Based on the comments from a lot of people, this definitely shouldn’t be happening and I think it should be fixed.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Response to TC_CrunchyCookie 123

You are incorrect..as a matter of fact I would have mentioned it in some form on the forums...maybe not as staunchly as I am now..but you are attacking the players to defend your matchmaking..so yeah it gets taken personal and you fight back a little bit harder.

I agree nothing starts out perfectly..but players were already crying foul prior to start. FYI attacking the players is akin To Disney attacking thier starwars fans..and we know how this one ends too.

I'm surprised those who are on the flip side don't feel ripped off as well. Then again maybe I'm just tried of always getting the short end of the stick.
  • Options
    So, on one of my accounts my Grand Arena just disappeared when the timer ran down. On the other account its there still with 8 opponents.

Anyone else have this?
  • Options
    Zuckuss12 wrote: »
    So, on one of my accounts my Grand Arena just disappeared when the timer ran down. On the other account its there still with 8 opponents.

Anyone else have this?

Did you remember to join?
  • Options
    Well, I thought I did...maybe I didn't on that account. So odd I need to actually join, why wouldn't I want to join?
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Well, I thought I did...maybe I didn't on that account. So odd I need to actually join, why wouldn't I want to join?
    There are players that quit the game and to avoid having them in GA as deadweight opponents

• Options
    I get those that quit, but if I login in I have not quit, right?
  • Options

Some people might need a week off due to travel/real life etc so this way at least they aren’t joining something they can’t take part in
  • Options

Anyone else have this?

The exact same thing happened to me. My main is in without issues. My alt got the no event message. I went into both...
  • Options
    LoneShark wrote: »

Anyone else have this?

The exact same thing happened to me. My main is in without issues. My alt got the no event message. I went into both...
    It just seems so odd that I would not have joined. I log in so many times in a day and always click into these things.
  • Options
    Probably late to the party on this one, but my GA has disappeared. Signed in to post defence and it just pops up with a dialogue box to say there's no event on... did I miss something?
  • Flamethrow
    335 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Is there a new bug now? This time i can only set 3/3 and 2/2 but the dots on the map show 3 and 4... (so i am missing 2 slots on defense)

Ps. Nvm just realised its ships :)
  • Options
    Probably late to the party on this one, but my GA has disappeared. Signed in to post defence and it just pops up with a dialogue box to say there's no event on... did I miss something?

Did you forget to join? There seems to be a lot of people with this ‘bug’
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb I'm disappointed that TW is gone for the month. I think most players would have like to have played BOTH TW and GA. It is understandable with all the bugs on this latest launch though. Will you be providing compensation for the players that were locked out of the game for 3 hours during their payouts and refreshes (I being one of them)? Compensation was part of the MO for server down time which has never been as long as when you locked us out after the update.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.
  • Options
    Ally code: 249-623-776

Same as others mentioned .... I jumped in to set defense and got the message that there wasn’t a GA available. I saw in other post that folks received a message indicating they didn’t join. I didn’t receive that message because I am certain I did join.

The time I received this message was only a few minutes after the join period closed. This is the same time as my arena pay out. I collect my payout and then join any raids/events that are open. So I find it hard to believe I didn’t join, it also strengthens my confidence because others have mentioned they had the same issue.

Total bummer because I was looking forward to this one which would have gotten me my 5 zetas from the quest completion.

g6kz8b6837tb.png