Grand Arena - BUG - Megathread

Replies

• Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    There is nothing to fix. Its working as intended. The design choice is misleading but you can actually set three teams if you bothered to read the number on the top right of the territory after tapping on it. There isn't room to visually show three teams currently on the front. Please notice that your opponent is also showing two leaders on the board.

You need to pay more attention on the territory you are highlighting where it shows you the maximum possible teams you are able to set

Condescending much?
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    Some people can’t join GA. If they tap on the holo table it says something like „no event active“. Is that already documented?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Member5973 wrote: »
    Some people can’t join GA. If they tap on the holo table it says something like „no event active“. Is that already documented?

If you don't join in the initial 24 hour phase, you can't join at all. Therefore for you the event is not active.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

If you don't join in the initial 24 hour phase, you can't join at all. Therefore for you the event is not active.

You are missing what he is saying. For some people the event didn't show up even during the preview phase. The no event active message has been showing on the grand arena tab since the last one ended for me and I checked every day. And before you say you should have put in a ticket. I did and they still haven't fixed it. This isn't a simple case of not joining. A lot of people wanted to join but physically couldn't because of a bug in the system.
  • Options
    Dnoff423 wrote: »

You are missing what he is saying. For some people the event didn't show up even during the preview phase. The no event active message has been showing on the grand arena tab since the last one ended for me and I checked every day. And before you say you should have put in a ticket. I did and they still haven't fixed it. This isn't a simple case of not joining. A lot of people wanted to join but physically couldn't because of a bug in the system.

There were too many active events and the GA icon got flooded by the assault battle icon event (Secrets and Shadows, I think?). It likely won't happen again.

It's still showing as no event active because you're not in the active event. When sign ups start for the next one it'll let you in.

The fix for this is an easy one--You know how if you go into Guild Events when there isn't an event active, it shows you a countdown for the next Territory War/Battle? Just add that for Grand Arena. If you go in and one isn't active, show a countdown for the next one instead of "No event active."
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    It's still showing as no event active because you're not in the active event. When sign ups start for the next one it'll let you in.

This.
  • Options
    We talk about people with 2 accounts as well. One could join and the other couldn’t. They did not forget to join, they just had no event to join. Why is it so difficult to believe this?
  • Options

There were too many active events and the GA icon got flooded by the assault battle icon event (Secrets and Shadows, I think?). It likely won't happen again.

The fix for this is an easy one--You know how if you go into Guild Events when there isn't an event active, it shows you a countdown for the next Territory War/Battle? Just add that for Grand Arena. If you go in and one isn't active, show a countdown for the next one instead of "No event active."

It has nothing to do with the icon. I went into the actual grand arena section of the board everyday and it wouldn't even let me in to join.
  • Options
    This is the button I clicked every day from the time the last one ended.

q2bwqx7ks5wy.png

And this is the message I got every time I clicked it.

y81g3d43c1i9.png
  • Options
    Image didn't come in here is the first image

wipg2yq0gw84.png
  • Options

This is precisely my own case...
  • Options
    On the other hand, maybe this is how one can opt out from this game mode? Just never tap the GA icon?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    On the other hand, maybe this is how one can opt out from this game mode? Just never tap the GA icon?

You can opt out by not joining. Yes, you can never tap the GA icon. You can also tap the icon and then back out before tapping the join icon.
  • Options

q2bwqx7ks5wy.png

y81g3d43c1i9.png

Yes, I saw that, too. When the event was in the sign up period, though, I was able to join. That's what I've been saying. It'll continue to do this until sign-ups start again, 24 hours before the next Grand Arena event.
  • Options

q2bwqx7ks5wy.png

y81g3d43c1i9.png

Yes, I saw that, too. When the event was in the sign up period, though, I was able to join. That's what I've been saying. It'll continue to do this until sign-ups start again, 24 hours before the next Grand Arena event.

Ok glad you got to join. However, it didn't let me and a number of other people join even though we clicked it during the sign up period numerous times. Instead it just kept showing that message every time.
  • Options
    Grand Arena is all based around pitting people of nearly equal power against each other by using galactic power as the standard. This already isn't a perfect system.. but that's not the point here.

I did Grand Arena this week and won 2 battles and tied the last one. When I got my rewards, I got a message saying "your grand arena banners were tied. You lost the tie based on GP". I figured I must have lost because I had a leg up on him, thinking my GP was higher.

It turns out.. in the event of a tie.. the person with HIGHER GP (also known as the person with the advantage) wins by default.

If the whole idea of grand arena is to match people of similar power.. why would the person with the Galactic Power handicap lose in the event of a tie?!?

dnu9trvxo9a4.jpg

o4eyjhn5wsfd.jpg

vokefhwy1p05.jpg
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    This was announced about a month ago when Grand Arena was announced that ties will be decided by higher GP. A lot of people asked why and were left unanswered.

Just accept it and move on.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I kinda agree with the point that lower GP should win the tie, except the GP matching is so close (and people seem to think it's a poor metric anyway) that it really doesn't reflect the reality in either situation. Ideally they would split the rewards equally but maybe there's a coding issue there, I dunno. Regardless

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Dnoff423 see if you can join GA now during the joining phase
  • Options

Already did. This time I can join.
  • Options
    If the whole idea of grand arena is to match people of similar power.. why would the person with the Galactic Power handicap lose in the event of a tie?!?

Easy answer.

Because galactic power represents investment into your roster--your ENTIRE roster, top to bottom, toe to tip. In many cases this is actually a handicap in and of itself. I've looked at my opponents and I routinely have up to 100K more GP than they do, but they have dozens of G12 and zeta characters that my horde of g8s just can't scratch. Don't get me wrong, I have G12s and zetas of my own, but nowhere near as many as they do, meanwhile they've got a whole passel of marquee characters that are 3*, g1, level 1 to keep their GP artificially low.

And fleets? OH BOY DON'T GET ME STARTED ON FLEETS! I've been investing in my ships since the thing started, I really like fleets and I love 2.0 because it shook up a stale meta that was starting to frustrate me. I've got all kinds of ships with all kinds of pilots, and almost all of them sit on my bench gathering dust because all you need are one capital ship, three starting ships, and four reinforcements. You can work on 8 ships and have a fleet as powerful as mine, even though I've worked on all of them and have, once again, inflated my GP to the point where the very first GA we did, I noticed I had 100k on my opponent overall, but that was because I had 300k more fleet power than he did, and he had 200k more character power.

So, in reality, having a higher GP *is* the handicap. Not having the lower one. It represents the development of your ENTIRE roster. So why shouldn't that be the tiebreaker that decides a small number of matches in a game mode that's, in theory, all about rewarding deep rosters but, in practice, punishes people who have those?

BUT, also, your GPs are within less than 1% of each other. How much of an advantage do you think they have?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Hmmmm.
  • Options
    14 teams of 5? SOOOOOOOOO DUMB
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Never got a join button. I looked everyday and nothing gave me a join option. This new event really really really needs lots of work. All other GA I’ve beem the lowest GP member.
    Gotta say it’s the worst thing to role out since the old tournament (cheater) event.
    So lame
  • Options

Hmmmm.

You can imply whatever you want. Still doesn't change the fact that grand arena didn't work for me and a lot of other people last round. The fact that I can join this time has no bearing on that.
  • GrantusMaximus
    265 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    ShortShaft wrote: »
    14 teams of 5? SOOOOOOOOO DUMB

The whole GA is dumb. Least favourite event ever, it’s slow and drags on for days. Match ups should be based on 80% of your best toons and ignore the dross. But most of all it’s just boring.

Post edited by GrantusMaximus on
  • Options
    This was announced about a month ago when Grand Arena was announced that ties will be decided by higher GP. A lot of people asked why and were left unanswered.

I think the idea was since there's no fair way to break a tie, so "let's reward those who've invested more into the overall development of their collection", thus tie-breakers go to the higher GP presumably because that's the mechanism for determine overall collection strength.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    So this isn’t really a bug but pointing out a misleading aspect of grand arena.. prior to this current grand arena the number of circles in each territory was representative of the number of teams you could place on defense. This one is not so it was very confusing. Can you please address this?
  • QGJWithaLightsaber
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    337-394-161
    Can't do my Grand Arena Quests because nobody deploys. Have received first in all my Grand Arenas but have only fought 2-3 Times total. I want my dang "hello there" title but i am unable to use General Kenobi on offense because no one deploys. Please fix this or give me some offense wins on GK..... Thanks
  • Options
    In all previous GA’s, the number of slots visible from the main screen indicated the number of deployable defensive squads.
    Going off of this, I deployed 4 defensive teams. Then, come the attack phase, I notice my opponent has 5 defensive teams, leaving me at a 90-145 point deficit from the start, almost guaranteeing my loss.

Then I saw the very tiny “5/5” on the top right side of my opponent’s side.

Is there a better way to show the number of deployable slots that isn’t missleading?

olt875siuhjg.png