Hi Holotable Heroes,
Thank you for all your feedback on the event and for joining us as we experiment with mixing up the Territory Wars formula. This in an ongoing process that we will continue to iterate on. The Territory Wars after this one will have a different structure but we want to let you know that this something we will continue to change over time and is definitely not set in stone.
Now the exciting conclusion! And the winner of the Community Poll is… BoatyMcboatFace… no that’s not right but we have the results for who you want to include in this Territory War! (Don’t worry, we removed all the bot votes for Boaty and Ugnaught.)
Please note that the January Calendar has been updated and the the preview phase for this special Territory Wars event will start on January 14th. See the updated calendar here.
The following characters were chosen by the community to remain available for this Territory War:
- GROUP 2: Ezra Bridger, Count Dooku, Sith Trooper, Kylo Ren
- GROUP 3: Boba Fett, Hermit Yoda, Snowtrooper, First Order Executioner
- GROUP 4: Bastila Shan, Wampa, Resistance Trooper, Tie Fighter Pilot
The following characters were included in the poll but were not chosen by the community or Capital Games. These characters will be unavailable for the next Territory Wars:
- Group 1: Jedi Knight Revan, Colonel Starck, Dengar, HK-47
- Group 4: Darth Traya, IG-88, Jedi Knight Anakin, Death Trooper
- Group 8: Darth Nihilus, Nightsister Zombie, Jolee, Shorestrooper
- Group 10: General Kenobi, Asajj Ventress, First Order Officer, Jango Fett
- CG’s Group: Han Solo, Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum), Enfys Nest, First Order Stormtrooper
Hi everyone, I’m Sven. You may remember me as the designer behind Bastila Shan (Fallen).
I wanted to provide a little more context for why we chose the groups we did for our picks.
We knew going in that we wanted to avoid overly punishing certain teams (for example: eliminating Bastila after Revan was removed would be more punishing for Jedi than we wanted). We also noticed that the general pattern of community voting was to target some of the most frustrating characters to play against. Of all the characters in the Capital Games groups, Enfys Nest stood out as falling into a similarly frustrating play pattern while not directly disabling or targeting specific squads, so we decided to keep the other three groups. Have fun in the Cantina! We’ll be paying attention to your feedback as we continue to explore new ways to keep Territory Wars fresh and fun.