Update on Grand Arena and Territory Wars [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Edit: More mod salvage as rewards not really necessary. Put Stun Guns or Stun Cuffs in and participation should increase.

Guns & Cuffs would be MOST welcomed indeed, Furnaces and Pistons too

• R2E2s
    43 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb An Idea for TW is to have dual leaderships active like how we have in the LS/DS nodes. The way you can activate the dual leaderships is to have that fraction’s quest unlock. For example to have 2 jedi leaderships active you need the Jedi Master Title. This will make people work harder to complete quest and reward those who have completed them. Also can create more quest for each fraction.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    Options
    R2E2s wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb An Idea for TW is to have dual leaderships active like how we have in the LS/DS nodes. The way you can activate the dual leaderships is to have that fraction’s quest unlock. For example to have 2 jedi leaderships active you need the Jedi Master Title. This will make people work harder to complete quest and reward those who have completed them. Also can create more quest for each fraction.
    Then someone is going to be able to run both Revan and Bastilla leads simultaneously, which will be impossible to beat with the tenacity, protection, and damage that will regenerate at the start of each fight. And with Revan’s leadership and Bastilla’s TM gain at the start, that team will always go first, and this is just one example of a broken team if two leaders were allowed. It is a neat concept, but has many flaws.
  • Options
    Ableza wrote: »
    I'm guessing this is a repeat, so don't waste your time flaming me as I probably won't read it anyway as I'm just voicing my humble opinion. The match up system is not great. Just matching based upon GP doesn't account for the difference between players toon collections.

I have a balanced collection which means some top level maxed toons & a bunch of mid-level squads with less than G12 & not all the zetas. I don't yet have Traya or C-3PO. My typical opponent has both of them maxed & none of the lower level "junk" toons & they have enough depth to field a full G12 zeta defense & G12 zeta offense. Meaning basically I don't stand a chance & it's a waste of time to try. If I post a solid defense & don't have enough left for offense & vice versa.

Don't get me wrong, I try, but almost always have to take the loss & get the last place or 2 of pittance rewards. Not much fun really. That's my 10 cents...

Lol balanced collection? Sounds like you just made bad decisions and are bad at the game. What you basically want is to play Agaisnt players with similar collections to you but the problem is for a fair fight for you it will be people with probably 100k's less GP
  • Kithryn
    82 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    First: complaints about shard chats. I know most don't care, because they are in chats and share spots. But the competetiv part of arena is gone. So arena being one of the most rewarding parts of the game isn't that good.

It does need work, but it’s largely more competitive because it doesn’t change wildly day to day. I mean there is a reason competitive sports have static rules that only change with careful consideration.
    This leads to the final point 3:
    GA being the most competitive mode we have since a long time.

This just isn’t true, while we are grouped based on GP and not win loss it’s more just a reward for those with younger leaner rosters, while those with a high gear old characters get given a large handicap. It’s not a question of choice alone, it’s the power creep CG builds into each new character without updating and balancing the old.

I’d accept it’s a fun alternative, but not competitive and largely a redelivered GW at the high end where you get the hardest fights up front. I mean 11 teams isn’t quite the 12 in GW, but seems close enough.
    Second: raid rewards that split guilds of, because o of huge reward differences between top 10 and the rest.

I have wanted this fix for years, but it doesn’t fit the model of greed that inflates the price of digital characters into the thousands of dollars. I mean it suits the idea that by driving a gear rift between the top and bottom, it will force the use of donations... and more importantly the pressure for the bottom to keep up. And to keep up with the Jones you have to spend... and with the value of Stub Guns being 10-20 bucks.... well that keeps them in money.

GA could be fun, but it needs work and not auto defenses to help winners feel better about their one sided victories. And certainly not more for less. It needs a rebalance in its matchmaking, it needs rewards that entice the losers to still show up. In TW rewards are good for losers to, in GA for 6 days and 3-4 hours of play a looser gets not even a zeta and yet they are supposed to feel encouraged?

I expect them to keep towing the line that “it’s fine”, but I hope they will do something positive with it soon.
  • Options
    GA is a great game mode, but rewards is part of the fun. Actually, the even bigger fun on the reward side were the special guests with valuable rewards. The latter is over, the regular rewards to be reduced? Still would be ok, as the mode is fun, but not really going uphill. I would like more GA bases quests, short/mid/long term with some good rewards to that.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    I don't find anything fun about Grand Arena. TW is a little better, but in general I detest both game modes, so I'm good with the rewards being minimal.
  • Options
    Take this March Madness season to learn how to structure a freaking tournament bracket. I got paired with the two strongest players in my field. One on the last day, after he obviously didn’t participate on the first. I’d have ripped anyone else in our group. How’s that happen?

If you can figure out how to structure a proper bracket, your rewards can be perfect. Take the login character as a base, give #1 its level 10 gear, #2 level 9, and so on. No need to scrap zetas,etc though.

The bracket stuff is super simple programming though. Please don’t F it up anymore
  • Options
    joel42000 wrote: »
    GA is a great game mode, but rewards is part of the fun. Actually, the even bigger fun on the reward side were the special guests with valuable rewards. The latter is over, the regular rewards to be reduced? Still would be ok, as the mode is fun, but not really going uphill. I would like more GA bases quests, short/mid/long term with some good rewards to that.

Yeah, they are only fun for the top. If you are that las place player, the one they want to set defenses so they can have fun against, your reward isn’t even a single omega... while the rest get zetas. Tell me how this reward is remotely fun or encouraging? And for a mode you can not practice any where else...

It encourages me to try less, to not take the 20 minutes to set defenses because there’s a good chance all I get is utter crap. Even TW isn’t this insulting, but giving last place a zeta or omega might break the game... more than R...

So hurry with that auto set feature, so I can totally ignore this mode and the “It’s fine cause I won!” crowd can have GW version 2.0!
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Ableza wrote: »
    I'm guessing this is a repeat, so don't waste your time flaming me as I probably won't read it anyway as I'm just voicing my humble opinion. The match up system is not great. Just matching based upon GP doesn't account for the difference between players toon collections.

I have a balanced collection which means some top level maxed toons & a bunch of mid-level squads with less than G12 & not all the zetas. I don't yet have Traya or C-3PO. My typical opponent has both of them maxed & none of the lower level "junk" toons & they have enough depth to field a full G12 zeta defense & G12 zeta offense. Meaning basically I don't stand a chance & it's a waste of time to try. If I post a solid defense & don't have enough left for offense & vice versa.

Don't get me wrong, I try, but almost always have to take the loss & get the last place or 2 of pittance rewards. Not much fun really. That's my 10 cents...

Lol balanced collection? Sounds like you just made bad decisions and are bad at the game. What you basically want is to play Agaisnt players with similar collections to you but the problem is for a fair fight for you it will be people with probably 100k's less GP

Ah NOPE. I won my First GA event, and as I said I do well in ALL other areas of the game. What I did NOT do though, was focus on 2 teams only maxing them out to G12, Zetas, etc. I spread the resources over more teams, and now get penailized for it in Grand Arena, since it rewards people who focused only on two teams or even just 6 toons, especially if they include Revan.

3 vs 3 exasperates the issue, because the guy who only focused on SIX toons (which to me was a bad decision as I am sure they stink at the rest of the game, less Squad arena) is now rewarded in this game mode since he can just build a wall in his front lines on both sides.

See I have 7 STRONG teams, vs someone like in the last event who built only TWO, yet he won because Revan is sick OP on top of it and all others were G12 zeta'd etc. The simple solutions have been suggested many times, and there have been hundreds of requests for it already

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    I don't find anything fun about Grand Arena. TW is a little better, but in general I detest both game modes, so I'm good with the rewards being minimal.

you do realise you don't have to play any game mode in the game? just hit the join button for free loot and ignore the rest of it...probably just like you do in raids.

That last line is totally uncalled for
  • Voltarc
    103 posts Member
    Options
    The players I see are the ones heavy on the high gear, who are not playing ships, and never bothered to 7 star everything. I am ridiculously stubborn and keep playing this game mode...but If part of the people really like grand arena...and part are quitting because they are cannon fodder...is that success? And of those left i’m Noting half of them don’t play the matches they signed up for...the Calculation of the value of characters is way off. If the characters are gear 10 or below they should have practically no value...they very rarely have an impact on the match. But the current calculation values them to high so instead the are an anchor dragging your hard core players into the ground. This is the only real problem with this game mode...why is it not being addressed? I am not impressed with addressing trivial issues when the nasty, nasty Matchups based on outdated values continues. Currently you have to chose between being competitive in grand arena and filling out your whole roster...Why? Isn’t encouraging us to play every thing the goal?
  • mvs84
    33 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I think that the problem started with the TW.

When we saw that the only way to get better rewards (even losing) on TW was inflate the level of the characters and ships for have a more PG of the guild, we did it (me included). It was our choice but based on your reward system.

You did it bad since first time. As other explained, it's not the same Traya with same level, z and gear that Dooku.

I personally think that you are forgetting the freemium part of the game and trying to force us to waste more and more money and when you do the things in the worst way, you change the rules.

When did you add the last important character to the arena store or the galactic war store??
    March 2017 (Kanan and Zeb).
    And in the guild store? Young Han, Wow, a wonderful character to do many things with it.

If someone is starting, those characters are fine, but if you have been playing for more than 3 years, you need new characters for free.

- You should take care developing new characters to prevent be nerfed and causing us a very big deception after waste our time and money.
    - You should hear our opinions (we are the players and the buyers of your business, it's the most important thing).
    - You should recover the freemium part of the game.
    - You should change the characters farming method (some days i spend all energy in the same character (16 battles for example and only receive one fragment. if I have to farm up to 7 stars many characters and the reward was 1 fragment, this is really frustrating)
    - You should change the match matching system of GA.
    - You should give us more competitive teams for arena. I feel really tired of doing the same fight against Revan over and over and over again. All days the same.
    - You should stop creating new characters and let us to catch up. Doing things more simple. My guild is unable to make the Heroic TS, we expel people but nobody enters. If you increase the level of the characters to level 90 (for example), they will be more powerful and you will give an opportunity to more people to get Traya.

I think that you are only thinking in people who are rich and when you deploy new character, the first day they have the money to farm it to 7 stars, so you create a new character for them. And the rest of the people have more and more things to do and less for free.

There are certain aspects of the game that you should improve.
    Everything I said above and more much, but thinking on us, not for earn more money with us.
    Post edited by mvs84 on
  • Options
    Oh joy, more OP Clones and other pointless tinkering - how about actually doing something useful like changing up the stores, the GW and all the other stuff that most of us just numbly accept have been the same for months on end? Why power up some teams? The whole point of spending ages developing teams is so that you know where they are, what they can do etc. Why come in and wave a magic wand just because you can? Wars don't need the extra challenge but plenty of other areas do.
  • Options
    Oh joy, more OP Clones and other pointless tinkering - how about actually doing something useful like changing up the stores, the GW and all the other stuff that most of us just numbly accept have been the same for months on end? Why power up some teams? The whole point of spending ages developing teams is so that you know where they are, what they can do etc. Why come in and wave a magic wand just because you can? Wars don't need the extra challenge but plenty of other areas do.

They said they’re not updating the stores
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    So was with kids and missed signup..... want my 15 mod pieces and last place rewards i would have gotten anyway
  • Options
    Did anyone receive the rewards from the recently postponed GA? I got a message saying we would receive rewards for that round, or something to that effect, but I still haven't gotten anything. So are they coming later? Or do I need to report a bug cause I'm the only one who didn't get anything?
  • Options
    wvuparker wrote: »
    Did anyone receive the rewards from the recently postponed GA? I got a message saying we would receive rewards for that round, or something to that effect, but I still haven't gotten anything. So are they coming later? Or do I need to report a bug cause I'm the only one who didn't get anything?

I haven't received anything either and I signed up for the now cancelled GA
  • Options
    3v3 Grand Arena has been surprisingly fun for me. 5v5 I'm still "meh" on. I think this 3v3 concept could be fun in a Territory Wars too, with an increased number of teams to compensate for the smaller 3v3 teams
  • Options
    wvuparker wrote: »

The message I got, was that the rewards would be "padded" in the next GA event to compensate for the missed one. Yet, I see the exact same mod savage, gear and Zeta rewards, nothing extra, kind of bummed I don't even need that gear or mod savage.

Why are the rewards not rotated anyway?

And what is with that gear piece, we need Guns, Furnaces, Pistons & Cuffs? @CG_SBCrumb
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hello CG games team, just passing by to say that we have another grand arena without ships and with the matchmaking considering the ships.
    Many thanks for matching me AGAIN with people 200,000+ GP than I have.

HOW LONG THIS $H|T TEAM CAN TAKE TO CHANGE THE MATCHMAKING VALUES.
    For god sake how bad are you!?
  • Options
    please, make the game great again by finding a better way to make players with "similar rosters" having great encounters.

The all-around PG number is not significant, unbalanced matchmakings kills the fun !
  • Options
    Chima wrote: »
    Hello CG games team, just passing by to say that we have another grand arena without ships and with the matchmaking considering the ships.
    Many thanks for matching me AGAIN with people 200,000+ GP than I have.

HOW LONG THIS $H|T TEAM CAN TAKE TO CHANGE THE MATCHMAKING VALUES.
    For god sake how bad are you!?

It’s a mystery. The values are already in game, so would think it would just be a case of changing a target value somewhere. 5v5 stretches my teams real thin as I’m heavy on ships.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Kithryn wrote: »
    joel42000 wrote: »

Yeah, they are only fun for the top. If you are that las place player, the one they want to set defenses so they can have fun against, your reward isn’t even a single omega... while the rest get zetas. Tell me how this reward is remotely fun or encouraging? And for a mode you can not practice any where else...

It encourages me to try less, to not take the 20 minutes to set defenses because there’s a good chance all I get is utter crap. Even TW isn’t this insulting, but giving last place a zeta or omega might break the game... more than R...

So hurry with that auto set feature, so I can totally ignore this mode and the “It’s fine cause I won!” crowd can have GW version 2.0!

This X1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000