Outage Compensation [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Really poor from cg/ea
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Reptile wrote: »
    Although I am sure they will do something, expecting compensation for a free game is absurd.

It seems to elude you that some people have actually paid to support the opportunity to treated like this by the companies running this daily dumpster fire. Some of us have managed to move on and support games that actually care about customer experience - but not all.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    200 is way more than the vast majority of players would lose as the result of a short outage. Most people aren't in the top of SA for their shard. Anybody whose payout time didn't intersect with the outage probably lost nothing at all.

You’re very correct. Anyone behind about 200 in squad arena or didn’t have their payouts lost virtually nothing. People like me couldn’t care less.

But I assume the very invested players use the forum, which includes the people who lost the most. That’s why you’re seeing such a response to this outage.

And I have to sympathize with those people on this one. 200 crystals is a lot less compensation than what’s been given before, and EA help is ironically unhelpful. I remember trying to post an issue and they gave me a gold star for my first post. It was never responded to.
  • Options
    It's a shame for CG. Disney and EA should take the game from these devs and give to some other, not greedy one
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t get why they won't just auto-issue them. Seems like most of the community couldn't access the game.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Maredream wrote: »
    You'd think they'd let their customer service department know, "hey we had server issues and told people to contact you, so just give them the 200 crystals" or something like that..

Or is that too easy?

thats another problem, I asked the support guy to take a look at the forums several times but instead he chose not to....

lol that support guy making 35 cents a day is probably chained to his chair with a Jigsaw doll in front of him and everytime someone puts in a ticket it goes..... "in 60 seconds your chair will turn into a deadly pool of acid and melt you if you cannot resolve this ticket before the timer is up"

"can't help"
    "cant help"
    "can't help"
    can...............(bubbling pool)
  • Laserbrain
    149 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I also got turned down by support. Downtime happened during my payout @utc 1700 this wouldn't have been an issue if it had affected American payouts.
  • Options
    ibdsg6pnbb3z.png

Almost 4 hours ago and now I can’t get a rep to connect...that’s cool....lol
  • Megamatch
    32 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    So in order to get 200crystals as compensation for losing climb in both arenas (200 Is like a third of what was lost for me) i need to create a ticket.

Tried seperate 3 times already, EA site says page timeout.

If i do happen to be able to make one is there something special I need to mention? My experience with the customer support is that you must be very clear about the issue...
  • Options
    This community really needs a manager.... someone versed in customer service. Clearly customers here are more of an annoyance to EA/CG than they are the reason they remain profitable in their eyes...
  • Options
    They dont really owe us anything but if the community manager says impacted players will be compensated, perhaps also update the support that they will be flooded with crystal demands isnt too much to ask for
  • Options
    This on top of wasting all my energy in one spot due to max sim tickets change is kind of irritating now. Devs won't even reply to feedback posts. It's like this place is for show purposes only at times. This is a reminder as to why I won't spend money here.
  • Options
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    This community really needs a manager.... someone versed in customer service. Clearly customers here are more of an annoyance to EA/CG than they are the reason they remain profitable in their eyes...

To be fair, it's only people who spend money who are technically customers. Those who don't spend are just fodder to give real customers someone to crush.
  • Options
    Guess everyone needs to spam EA hell line then. Did i say hell? I meant help.

Seriously what a joke. 3 years ago you woulda been given a huge formal appology here’s 500 crystals, please stay and play our game and here’s a discount on the sith pack.

Now it’s we screwed up again, get over it, pay our over priced packs and shut up.

I pitty any fool that still pays for this game.
  • Lor_San_Teka
    558 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    2ovb81kvtf46.png

this is what you get for contacting the support...Fyi

EDIT: Not worth the trouble.
  • Options
    2ovb81kvtf46.png

Had no issue doing this. It was fast and Crystal's were given without issue. But it's something that we shouldn't have to do. It's a very bad pr move.
  • Options
    I think I was unable to connect for three hours
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Options
    So we cant juqt get crystals in reception box ?
  • Options
    2ovb81kvtf46.png

Had no issue doing this. It was fast and Crystal's were given without issue. But it's something that we shouldn't have to do. It's a very bad pr move.

It always depends on who you talk to. Quite frequently you have to talk to someone who clearly doesn’t understand English very well. I seriously suspect some of the online chats are automated because they spew out help lines that seem to be triggered by key words but make no sense.
  • Options
    2ovb81kvtf46.png

No, I had something very harsh there initially. Edited it because I don't want to get warned, or worse.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

Seriously what a joke. 3 years ago you woulda been given a huge formal appology here’s 500 crystals, please stay and play our game and here’s a discount on the sith pack.

Now it’s we screwed up again, get over it, pay our over priced packs and shut up.

I pity any fool that pays for any game... specifically mobile...
  • LordDirt
    5010 posts Member
    Options
    The first person i talked to knew what was going on but i got disconnected right as i was giving my ally code. Second person didnt know what was going om and we talked in circles for awhile until i couldnt take it anymore so i ended the conversation.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »

I pity any fool that pays for any game... specifically mobile...

So u expect free stuff and game developers to be paid with air? I’d think it’s reasonable to pay for games, just not an exorbitant amount. A vault a month is definitely not within the reasonable range.
  • RufusDogbreath
    233 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    It stinks and makes me sad, because one of two things is happening. Either 1) the game is dying and so they couldn’t care less about attracting or retaining players, or 2) they’re so stupid they don’t understand that treating your consumers like this will result in reduced players and revenue, the obvious result of which is #1, above.

It’s like watching clowns chase down and murder the golden goose.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Options
    You left out possibility #3; that given the timing of the outage, their numbers tell them that too few people suffered any real consequences for it to make economic sense to give *everyone* compensation straight to their mailbox.
  • Options
    So when to expect the compensation anyway? It's been several hours now. I submitted a ticket, and..? Both my Arena and fleet arena payouts occured during the time the game was down, I certainly could have climbed higher in the fleet arena and gain better rewards than for the 38th slot.
  • Options
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    You left out possibility #3; that given the timing of the outage, their numbers tell them that too few people suffered any real consequences for it to make economic sense to give *everyone* compensation straight to their mailbox.

That course of action falls directly under #2. Determining that “too few” suffered what they consider “real consequences” for them to lift a finger to make it right is **** poor business acumen.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Options
    I wasnt able to get in for 4 hours and missed energy refresh not arena payout, contacted by email through ea support and this was the response which seems fair.

having reviewed your email, I came to know that you have missed the payout due to stuck on the login/loading screen. I can feel the disappointment caused due to this issue. I'll certainly help you with the best possible information to help you out with this issue.

The good news is, this issue has been fixed. Now, you should be able to login to the game without any trouble.

Also due to the inconvenience caused I have added 200 crystals into your account
  • Options
    I know this has been said by other members already, but giving 500 crystals compensation to all players would have been the elegant and probably cheaper solution.

I realy like the game and spend some money on it. Beeing offered a "compensation" that doesn't even cover my losses due to the incident makes me feel not taken seriously. Why should I continue to spend money then?