Update on zFinn Changes Coming Next Update [MEGA]

Prev13456711
ShaolinPunk
3486 posts Moderator
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
Hi Holotable Heroes,

We are finally ready to launch the changes to zFinn in the next update. Previously, I mentioned that we found some additional issues since Tophat’s last post around zFinn’s kit and that we would need to take another pass to fix the infinite loop in Phase 3 of the Sith Raid with zFinn and C-3PO. We had shared a possible solution earlier, but while the changes TopHat discussed prevented infinite loops in Phase 3, in further testing we realized we inadvertently added a new trivializing loop to Phase 1, so we have made some additional changes from the reworked kit you originally saw here.

In order to address the Phase 1 problem, we needed to make more extensive changes, which we feel impacted Finn’s core identity. For that reason, we will be refunding the materials spent to upgrade his leader ability. Whatever you personally invested in Finn’s Leader ability will be refunded (with the possibly confusing “we are sorry for the inconvenience” generic message) to your inbox.

These changes took a while for us to finalize and thoroughly test, so thank you all for your patience. We feel we have landed on a set of changes that keep Finn as a strong character while removing the infinite loop from the Sith Raid. Hopefully our continued communication on the issue helped you plan ahead appropriately and understand the diligence the team has undertaken to solve this interaction.

Stay tuned for the update notes coming later this week!

Finn’s Reworked Kit:
Final changes highlighted in green

Basic - Crack Shot
Description: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. This attack deals 2% more damage for each time the target has been struck by it (max 20%).
  • Upgrade 1: +5% Damage
  • Upgrade 2: +15% Damage
  • Upgrade 3: +5% Damage
  • Upgrade 4: +3% More Damage
  • Upgrade 5: +5% Damage
  • Upgrade 6: +5% Damage
  • Upgrade 7: +15% Damage and +5% More Damage
Final Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. This attack deals 10% more damage for each time the target has been struck by it (max 100%).
Changes: Lowered the scaling damage (down from 20%). Capped the amount the damage can be scaled (100%).

Special 1 – Hold the Line
Note: No changes since last version.
(Cooldown changed to 3 turns base)
Description: All Resistance allies recover 5% Health and Protection. Finn gains Advantage, Defense Up, and Taunt for 2 turns, and dispels all debuffs from all allies.
  • Upgrade 1: +1% Health and Protection recovery
  • Upgrade 2: +2% Health and Protection recovery
  • Upgrade 3: +2% Health and Protection recovery
  • Upgrade 4: +2% Health and Protection recovery
  • Upgrade 5: +3% Health and Protection recovery
  • Upgrade 6: +5% Health and Protection recovery
  • Upgrade 7: Finn gains Determination for 2 turns
Final Text: All Resistance allies recover 20% Health and Protection. Finn gains Advantage, Defense Up, Taunt, and Determination for 2 turns, and dispels all debuffs from all allies.

Determination: Whenever any other Resistance ally falls below 50% Health, Determination expires and Finn Taunts for 2 turns. If that ally was Taunting, it is dispelled. When Determination expires, Finn gains Retribution for 2 turns.

Special 2 – Takedown
(No changes to cooldown)
Description: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 70% chance to Expose them for 2 turns and a 70% chance to Stun them for 1 turn.
  • Upgrade 1: +5% Damage
  • Upgrade 2: +15% Expose and Stun Chance
  • Upgrade 3: +5% Damage
  • Upgrade 4: +5% Damage
  • Upgrade 5: +15% Expose and Stun Chance
  • Upgrade 6: +20% Damage
  • Upgrade 7: This attack deals 50% more damage for each time the target has been struck by it (max 500%)
Final Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy, Expose them for 2 turns, and Stun them for 1 turn. This attack deals 50% more damage for each time the target has been struck by it (max 500%).
Changes: Lowered the scaling damage (down from 60%). Capped the amount the damage can be scaled to (500%). No longer does double damage to Raid Bosses.

Leader - Balanced Tactics
Description: Resistance allies have +30% Defense, Offense, and Potency, and other allies have half that amount.
  • Upgrade 1: +5% Defense, Offense, and Potency
  • Upgrade 2: +5% Defense, Offense, and Potency
  • Upgrade 3: +5% Defense, Offense, and Potency
  • Upgrade 4:+5% Defense, Offense, and Potency
  • Upgrade 5: +5% Defense, Offense, and Potency
  • Upgrade 6: +5% Defense, Offense, and Potency
  • Upgrade 7: If an enemy is damaged by a Resistance ally, for each Expose on them: That enemy loses 5% Turn Meter for each Resistance ally, all Resistance allies gain 3% Turn Meter for each Resistance ally, and their cooldowns are reduced by 1
Final Text: Resistance allies have +60% Defense, Offense, and Potency, and other allies have half that amount. If an enemy is damaged by a Resistance ally, for each Expose on them: That enemy loses 5% Turn Meter for each Resistance ally, all Resistance allies gain 3% Turn Meter for each Resistance ally, and their cooldowns are reduced by 1.
Changes: Zeta triggers for each instance of Expose on an enemy.

Original Post (LINK)
**Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107

Replies

• Why couldn’t he left alone? For making a phase (not even whole raid) solo team in a raid after a year? Why b*tchslapping us constantly when there’s a “quick solution” found (like NS before) it’s a NOPE needs to be nerfed. Isn’t it ridiculous that after a year there are no teams to solo just even a phase of HSTR? And don’t give me the “it’s about the effort and teamwork”. Yeah yeah, I know it’s just moaning and complaining and nothing’s good enough ever, but still, if you make a mistake, and we find a way of using it well, let us. Or at least give us Padme. These two wishes will happen at the same time anyway.
  • he wrecks HAAT and gives like 30 million damages in Sith Raid.

Nerfing is fine.
  • P3 can still be solo'd by CLS. They fixed nothing. They killed zFinn resistance.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    You know why he is being changed. They are refunding the zeta so its all good
  • P3 can still be solo'd by CLS. They fixed nothing. They killed zFinn resistance.

Only if you have low level C3p0...and that will probably get fixed soon.

Point is..not a huge deal.
  • If you know how to find the forums and create a thread, then you're familiar with the forums....this has been discussed ad nauseam in the forums for months and CG has laid out very clearly the reasons why they need to make the change to Finn.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Reserved.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • You knew this was going to happen. It's been delayed nearly 2 months. You get your zeta back which is what most people wanted (after the outrage sparked following his announcement). Now you're moaning for the sake of moaning.
  • If you know how to find the forums and create a thread, then you're familiar with the forums....this has been discussed ad nauseam in the forums for months and CG has laid out very clearly the reasons why they need to make the change to Finn.

True.. But they refuse to admit that terrible raid design and lack of internal testing with 3POs release brought us to this point. Finn wasn't able to solo phase 3 before the release of 3PO, all of a sudden once 3PO is introduced Finn can solo phase 3. Almost seems like 3PO is the problem don't you think? Since he was a P2P toon though they cant nerf 3PO so they hide behind the claims that Finn is the only problem.
  • Gama_Fox wrote: »
    If you know how to find the forums and create a thread, then you're familiar with the forums....this has been discussed ad nauseam in the forums for months and CG has laid out very clearly the reasons why they need to make the change to Finn.

True.. But they refuse to admit that terrible raid design and lack of internal testing with 3POs release brought us to this point. Finn wasn't able to solo phase 3 before the release of 3PO, all of a sudden once 3PO is introduced Finn can solo phase 3. Almost seems like 3PO is the problem don't you think? Since he was a P2P toon though they cant nerf 3PO so they hide behind the claims that Finn is the only problem.

Raid design is fine...you can't anticipate every interaction. C3p0 is a new toon..makes more sense to nerf the old one that is hardly used anymore.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I dont like that he is being changed, but I'll give this kit a chance. He may actually be useful on D now.
  • :/
    Idk if the language is tongue in cheek or for legality reasons.

At least the zeta is being refunded.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    I’m sure the community can finally be happy now that his zeta is being refunded.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm guessing the reason they are OK with CLS soloing the phase is because he is a legendary and Finn is not. Finn has been in their crosshairs for a while now. He is Also always a good anti-meta arena team, which they probably also did not like.

Still dont like it.
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    If you know how to find the forums and create a thread, then you're familiar with the forums....this has been discussed ad nauseam in the forums for months and CG has laid out very clearly the reasons why they need to make the change to Finn.

Raid design is fine...you can't anticipate every interaction. C3p0 is a new toon..makes more sense to nerf the old one that is hardly used anymore.

Ah yes and that is a great fix because it's not like CLS can also solo phase 3 using a very similar team..

And you're right, they cant anticipate every interaction. Maybe they should have some sort of program where a certain group of players get to test out the new characters and theory craft for an issues. You could even call them game changers if you wanted to. Shame a program like that isn't in place huh.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Love how finn gets nerfed, even tho he wasn't the issue, but we got this god called revan just chilling and nothing being done
    C3PO is a god and the issue

I know you are excited about the release of Darth Revan but he has nothing to do with this ;)
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    You know why he is being changed. They are refunding the zeta so its all good
    Yup. Zeta refunded is the nicest thing they could’ve done right now after nerfing him.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Finn's first nerf wasn't nearly nerfed enough, so the nerf needs another new nerf now. Nifty.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Oh no, Finn can beat Both Revans! I know, lets use a year old raid that should be soloable by now as an excuse! What CLS can solo p3? Nah that doesn't matter, He can't reliably beat the meta we are trying to force onto everyone because we hate our playerbase and only care about money, we need to nerf the black guy.

At least we getting a refund for another Character Gutting, after they destroyed HK and made HK terrible.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    P3 can still be solo'd by CLS. They fixed nothing. They killed zFinn resistance.

Only if you have low level C3p0...and that will probably get fixed soon.

Point is..not a huge deal.

Actually, using SRP, you can still use a max level C3... ;)
  • Returning the Z is the right thing to do!
    I don't agree with nerfing, but it had to be done and

Allowing us to decide if the new mechanics of Finn are worth a Z comparing with everything else that is currently on the game vs when we originally decided to put the Z has the same logic of you nerfing cause you couldn't predict future interactions with what is currently in the game vs when the Z was designed

And now that Darth Revan teams need 5 Z's, I really appreciate every single math from wherever it may come! :D
  • Will the new-new zFinn still be able to solo Rancor and beat General Kenobi-led teams as promised? Because that is all that matters.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Droideka wrote: »
    Will the new-new zFinn still be able to solo Rancor and beat General Kenobi-led teams as promised? Because that is all that matters.

Nobody really cares about the Rancor. Especially since it's simable now. The devs did say that they were fine with how the Finn team could solo the tank raid mostly on auto. That's the one I'm really concerned about.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Droideka wrote: »
    Will the new-new zFinn still be able to solo Rancor and beat General Kenobi-led teams as promised? Because that is all that matters.

Nobody really cares about the Rancor. Especially since it's simable now. The devs did say that they were fine with how the Finn team could solo the tank raid mostly on auto. That's the one I'm really concerned about.

Same
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    AGAIN, change the **** raid, and stop nerfing the characters we use!

Give Treya an unstoppable tenacity increase per hit, and that would change so much on this raid.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • I think I’m ready to ditch my resistance team. That zeta will go elsewhere.
  • Arcaver wrote: »
    AGAIN, change the **** raid, and stop nerfing the characters we use!

Give Treya an unstoppable tenacity increase per hit, and that would change so much on this raid.

How many other things would that break? Just curious. There are other setups for p3