Credit Heist silent nerf - Now showing up every 12 - TWENTY days ONLY!

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    The OP:
    Before the start of the year every 5 - 12 days consistently, since Jan 1, every 12 - 15 days consistently and now this is the longest delay yet, it will be an 18 day gap when we finally get it on Mar 30.

@Kyno:
    The OP is stating it should never be more than 12 days. That is not true we have a dev statement that they are no longer following the cadence and have not been for a while.

No.

The OP stated quite clearly that the data shows a past maximum of 12 days. The OP never says anything about what the maximum "should" be or that 13 days is somehow illegal under their current policies.

Please, don't sacrifice your credibility by misrepresenting what people are saying.

You are correct, he didnt say that. Sorry.

There are some incorrect assertions there, but I will leave that for you to correct.

LOL... "you are correct" [but many other people are more incorrect than me]

Now who is twisting words?
  • SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    The OP:
    Before the start of the year every 5 - 12 days consistently, since Jan 1, every 12 - 15 days consistently and now this is the longest delay yet, it will be an 18 day gap when we finally get it on Mar 30.

@Kyno:
    The OP is stating it should never be more than 12 days. That is not true we have a dev statement that they are no longer following the cadence and have not been for a while.

No.

The OP stated quite clearly that the data shows a past maximum of 12 days. The OP never says anything about what the maximum "should" be or that 13 days is somehow illegal under their current policies.

Please, don't sacrifice your credibility by misrepresenting what people are saying.

You are correct, he didnt say that. Sorry.

There are some incorrect assertions there, but I will leave that for you to correct.

LOL... "you are correct" [but many other people are more incorrect than me]

Now who is twisting words?

Both of us... you being wrong when responding to him by initially putting words in OPs mouth and saying that what is to be read between the lines is incorrect.... when again, in reality, you are just putting words in his mouth
  • Options
    SSB wrote: »
    They did announce that it would no longer follow the 6-12 day schedule. In that post I believe they said they would have it follow a "need based" schedule linked to character/event release. We have not had as many characters released as of late, so less heists does make sense from that perspective.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/143194/credit-heist-and-droid-smuggling-update

Posts like this is why you’re the most disliked person on this forum. Always defending the indefensible

That is called information.

If people dislike me for sharing information that was previously stated, then I think they need to reevaluate things.

You’re not just sharing information. Despite your claims to the contrary in previous posts you’re adding your own interpretation.

There’s an alternate reading of that 2017 post that would imply we should still expect some sort of cadence (the word *regularly* has a specific meaning in the English language) just not the same one that existed prior to 11/2017.

You’re so fixed on your own interpretation of it that you’re not opening yourself up to the possibility it could be understood differently.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Ahh shucks guys, leave poor kyno alone. CG clearly selected an ambiguous word like regularly so that they could do whatever they want. If it starting to happen monthly, they would call that regularly. Heck, if the decided to make it a yearly event they would still claim they are holding to their statement of regularly.

They NEED to use words like that to allow him to do what he does best, blindly defend them.

But really. I do not see any issue with credit heist frequency as of yet....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They did announce that it would no longer follow the 6-12 day schedule. In that post I believe they said they would have it follow a "need based" schedule linked to character/event release. We have not had as many characters released as of late, so less heists does make sense from that perspective.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/143194/credit-heist-and-droid-smuggling-update

Posts like this is why you’re the most disliked person on this forum. Always defending the indefensible

If people dislike me for sharing information that was previously stated, then I think they need to reevaluate things.

You’re not just sharing information. Despite your claims to the contrary in previous posts you’re adding your own interpretation.

There’s an alternate reading of that 2017 post that would imply we should still expect some sort of cadence (the word *regularly* has a specific meaning in the English language) just not the same one that existed prior to 11/2017.

You’re so fixed on your own interpretation of it that you’re not opening yourself up to the possibility it could be understood differently.

They also use the word randomly. I was using both, and got told that thats not possible. I have at no point said they were not doing this "regularly", and that that regular interval would be flexible based on the release rate of characters and events. it is also Random in that regular interval, which doesn't make sense but thats what they said.

• Options
    I remember when heists were every 7 or 8 days, and training droids was the day before or after (cant recall which came first) so they were both on the exact same schedule.
    When a player starts out, there is a lack of training droids, after lvl 75ish, it switches and there is a lack of credits.
    I currently have over 253,000 training droids (various levels combined) and 27,000 credits. How is there an over abundance of credits?
    You use credits to level, upgrade gear, buy mods, upgrade mods (that dont upgrade all that great and sell back for ****) to buy somethings in shipments stores....anything i missed?
  • Options
    Let’s make every Sunday a Credit Heist.. if I can’t have Chick-Fil-A I should at least be able to get some Credits.
  • Options
    Let’s make every Sunday a Credit Heist.. if I can’t have Chick-Fil-A I should at least be able to get some Credits.

Heck yeah. Even if they made the odds a little worse I’d be ok with a guaranteed 3M minimum or something.

• Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

They also use the word randomly. I was using both, and got told that thats not possible. I have at no point said they were not doing this "regularly", and that that regular interval would be flexible based on the release rate of characters and events. it is also Random in that regular interval, which doesn't make sense but thats what they said.

From the linked post:
    They are "random" insofar as we do not post the dates on the official forums.
    Going forward, know that we'll be working to better meet the needs of upcoming in-game events, Character releases, and so forth. Our schedule moving forward may not adhere to previous cadences, but don't fret, we'll continue to run them regularly!

- They put randomly in quotes, that implies that it’s not completely random and follows some sort of pattern...a pattern one might even call...a cadence?

- Random within a set “regular” interval makes perfect sense. It’s what we had and still have, they just changed the interval on us. The pattern prior to 1/1/2019 followed a normal distribution centered around ~9 days bounded 6 to 12. It’s a weighted RNG function.

- I want you to pay close attention to the very last sentence. This is where we fundamentally disagree. “May not adhere to *previous* cadences” - I read previous as referring to as of 11/2017, not today, because that’s when it was written. That statement was true at that time. Sometime around 11/2017 the distribution shifted from centered around ~7 to the new ~9. It then goes on to say that they’ll continue to run them regularly.
    reg·u·lar·ly
    adverb
    with a constant or definite pattern, especially with the same space between individual items.
    at uniform intervals of time.
    Regularly, not in quotes. Random, in quotes.

What it does *not* say is that there will be continuing adjustments to the pattern.

Using this post to validate the change that occurred on 1/1/2019 is disingenuous at best.
  • Options
    It’s also good to remember the slew of marquees we got. So that could affect the number heists we recirved. We do not have marquees now.

Not saying idc about heists cause I def need one. And I think one is coming in 11 mins.
  • Options
    Update- was the smuggler event. Mega culpa
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    • credit heists are not* as frequent as they once were
    • kyno refers to a dev post
    • people freak out
    gg wp
    * edited
    Post edited by leef on
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Remove credits from the game, I'm not kidding, we have so many bottlenecks as it is, shards, gear, ability materials, mods, last thing we need is more of those. Make credits like sim tickets, give us enough to never need more of them, it's a pointless resource that requires 0 skill or even effort to aquire.

For those who have alot of credits saved up, just give them some Zetas per every few million credits and call it a day, it's a dumb resource that should not restrict any players under any circumstances. Plus who cares about leveling characters any more, ever since you introduced GP based matchmaking for GA and TW everyone wants to REDUCE their GP and not increase it, so increase at your own risk.

#removecreditsfromGOH
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    • credit heists are as frequent as they once were

Show your work.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Remove credits from the game, I'm not kidding, we have so many bottlenecks as it is, shards, gear, ability materials, mods, last thing we need is more of those. Make credits like sim tickets, give us enough to never need more of them, it's a pointless resource that requires 0 skill or even effort to aquire.

For those who have alot of credits saved up, just give them some Zetas per every few million credits and call it a day, it's a dumb resource that should not restrict any players under any circumstances. Plus who cares about leveling characters any more, ever since you introduced GP based matchmaking for GA and TW everyone wants to REDUCE their GP and not increase it, so increase at your own risk.

#removecreditsfromGOH

What are you even saying? Remove credits because they're an unecessary bottleneck, but you don't need creditgs because you don't want to level toons anyway?
    Your whole argument doesn't make sense to me and just looks like you don't want to manage your credits.
  • Options

Need based would make it more often not less. Oh they meant their needs? Gotcha

Haha....i hope you pulled that from the CG/EA dictionary.

They have their own meanings to words in their game. Its pretty funny to read something then have to guess what it may mean because the people making decisions refuse to follow grammar, and word definitions accepted by...everyone.
  • Options
    • credit heists are as frequent as they once were
    gg wp

100% demonstrably false. Prior to 1/1/2019 we had never gone more than 13 days without a heist, with an average of 9.5 days between. Since 1/1 4 of 6 have exceeded the previous 13 day max and even the *average* now exceeds the previous max at 14 days.

So no, they are not as frequent as they once were.

Gg wp.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    haha, aren't* as frequent as they once were.
    freak out is still on point though ;)
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    haha, aren't* as frequent as they once were.
    freak out is still on point though ;)

Lol typo totally changes things.

Honestly, I could care less about the change in heists. What I care about is the abysmal communication in general and then CYA spin from Kyno.
  • papy72
    182 posts Member
    Options
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    Credit Heist? That event that gives you 1.5-2m x 2?

You make that much from GW in a week. You'll make more from GW in between credit heists than you will from the heists.

just wait without it for a while you wiil start running short of credits.

Without credit heist? Yeah - you just need to be frugal with your credits if you're running low. I'm not exactly sitting on a gold mine at 12m. But while there are toons I want to level to 85, that alone won't suddenly make them viable and therefore they can wait until I have larger reserves.

I used to spend "paycheck to paycheck", but after being game broke and unable to improve mods/toons I learned to really only spend down like that when I get something I really want/need and am chasing that immediate gratification.
    What @Trystan_Spyder said!

Six months ago I spent credits so fast I actually bought credit mega-packs with crystals. But I learned to pace myself, and now I have a system that works for me.

I level one character at a time, and never spend more than 600-700k credits a day on leveling (ie roughly one day's GW profits). I use other income (raids, events, etc) on leveling mods, starring up characters, etc. But I keep myself in check and make sure my credit balance over time keeps going up. Right now I'm sitting at 25M and am pretty happy about it.

I have only taken one character from 1 to 85 in one lump sum - R2D2. He was the only character I still needed for CLS. That was back around the start of my system, and was hording credits like Ebenezer Scrooge because I didn't want to unlock R2 and then wait three months to get CLS.

Lately I have been using credit heists to splurge on stuff that's typically on my back-burner. Feels good to blow a fist-full of credits once in a while.

• Options

need base ?
    since when did players not need credits, do you think the only characters that get unlocked are at events ?
    do you even play this game, what do you think you unlock in cantina ? monkeys ??

what a shill
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

need base ?
    since when did players not need credits, do you think the only characters that get unlocked are at events ?
    do you even play this game, what do you think you unlock in cantina ? monkeys ??

what a shill

Again, just providing information. They used the word need based, I put it in quotes for this very reason. But sure, what you said.
  • Options
    There’s alot of contraversial comments, truthful comments, and some serious heat to Kyno, can’t say i’m to big of a fan you moving my general dicussusions to the dead zones of this forum however lets cut out the bad attitude to man doing what he’s paid to do and that’s deliver the info cg “supplies” him and keep it civil like others have.

The point remains that CG have done everything in their power to lower the event rate, the drop of credits. My guild mates always ping their drops and it varies from 4 mill to 5 mill, One member gets the odd 7.5 mill. I for one tally my heists. In 3 years of playing i’ve only ever hit 7.5 mill once the rest of the time i’m gaining 4-5 mill max and that’s simming both at the same time.

I think the issue now is the game content is outgrowing the balance between earning and spending and EA are adamant to make us spend on credits and even at that, gaining 30-80k from x crystals is a little repulsive in my opinion specially when it costs this is where the issues start, you could say we’re in modern time recession but on Star Wars, bit of a joke for a game that can easilly be changed.

Lets look at some examples of the inflation issue.

1- mods, mods cost a bomb in upgrading also buying from the mod store max being 3.x million credits.
    2- character levels and gearing, all require a boat loads of credits 1-85 looking around 8-9 mill credits maybe?
    3-the amount of characters comming into play which are now required instantly for the legendaries and stories that are more apparent.
    4- the new weekly store requiring HUGEE amounts of resourses for any purchase.

————> Important summary of my post below if you want to skip reading. <—————
    ——————- Near enough names everything in the game. My point and everyone elses points I think we need to up the rate (not by a lot just more than 4 mill as this feels like an insult) or bring back frequent credit heists to compensate players for all the content. ———————

I’m happy with the amount of credits I earn feon grinding daily, i’m happy to save up and do my thing which i do now more than ever to stop my toons inflating for the GA, i don’t even think of credit hesist anymore as to me they’re a dead part of the game like the sim tickets and level droids. Just an added bonus to have one now and then.

Okay i’m done, all my hate goes towards EA greed.
  • Options
    DuneFlint wrote: »

I mean, that was 11/2017...a heads up that they were looking at a change for 1/2019, a full year plus after that first announcement, would have been helpful so we could plan accordingly. Just another mark on the board for poor communication...

They announced a plan, and followed that plan, they are not debating from the current plan as stated. Not sure why they would have to update that they are following the plan they stated.

Wow, really? It's called communication. Don't we have a community manager for that stuff? Why don't they let him keep us informed? You're citing as evidence a post that said they would change the pace, but they didn't drastically change the pace for another 12 months. You'd think they could have said hey remember when we said we'd do this? We're doing it now.

If they actually changed the pace to be so drastically bad back then, then additional communication wouldn't have been necessary. 12 months then doing it requires a courtesy followup.

They did communicate. Nothing has changed from what they have communicated.

they didn't change anything, they stated the rate would be linked to the release rate, during that time we had a crazy release rate. we have seen a lower release rate, and a more spread out timing for the heist. seems to be doing exactly what they said.

With this reasoning, we shall have credit Heists coming out of our ears in April...a Iegendary galore month.
    Time will tell...
  • Options
    Ga introduced more credits.
    Mods were rescaled so you saved credits.
    Less heists.

Ea never give anything good without sticking something bad into the mix. Why people are surprised is a mystery.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Options
    I'd be happy if they removed the RNG of what the credit heist paid, whenever it comes around. Just make it 10 million, every time. Nothing worse than waiting this new undisclosed time, and you get the gut-punch of 4 million. Just enough to buy 1 gold mod in the store,which we know won't roll speed for an additional 250k.
  • Options
    There’s alot of contraversial comments, truthful comments, and some serious heat to Kyno, can’t say i’m to big of a fan you moving my general dicussusions to the dead zones of this forum however lets cut out the bad attitude to man doing what he’s paid to do and that’s deliver the info cg “supplies” him and keep it civil like others have.

AFAIK, @Kyno is neither paid nor is it his job to spin for CG. He’s a volunteer moderator (correct me if I’m wrong). As much grief as I give him, he’s definitely out here doing yeoman’s work trying to pick up the slack for the poor communication from CG, even if I disagree with him more often than not. He’s basically doing @CG_SBCrumb ‘s job for him, for whatever reason that might be. This is exactly the type of thing a community manager should be fielding and responding to, not a moderator...
  • Options

AFAIK, @Kyno is neither paid nor is it his job to spin for CG. He’s a volunteer moderator (correct me if I’m wrong). As much grief as I give him, he’s definitely out here doing yeoman’s work trying to pick up the slack for the poor communication from CG, even if I disagree with him more often than not. He’s basically doing @CG_SBCrumb ‘s job for him, for whatever reason that might be. This is exactly the type of thing a community manager should be fielding and responding to, not a moderator...

For sure, Kyno is doing a fantastic job at taking care of what someone at CG should be doing. It's when he blindly defends any action and sometimes even put words in posters and/or CGs mouth to make a more layman message that gets to be quite nonsensical.

It's a shame that CG doesn't bother communicating much and have to rely on others to be their messenger to take some heat off them.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i agree, i think kyno should get paid for what he's doing on this forum, not for ea/cg, but for us forum users.
    I also think i should be paid for spreading my wisdom on this here forum, but that's a different matter. I watched a lifestream from a lamechanger because my guildmate was his opponent in GA, people are apparantly just throwing money at those guys.
  • Options
    Honestly, credits have no importance to me right now.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
This discussion has been closed.