Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Stupid.
  • Options
    Burnsius wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

In a future update we will be changing Hard Nodes back to 5 attempts per refresh. This was temporarily increased with the launch of Mods 2.0 to help players earn Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan.

Now that players have had a chance to earn these characters and players will have had much more time to unlock the prerequisite characters in future events, we will be returning back to 5 attempts per refresh.

We will also be reducing the Crystal price of Mod Salvage in shipments with the next update. This will still be a slightly more expensive way to obtain Mod Salvage compared to farming it from the nodes but a more convenient way to get those materials quickly.

Original Post (LINK)

Can we at least just get the dates of these in the future , it's so vague all the time it's driving me crazy.

It’s most likely intentionally vague so people panic spend to farm some hard nodes before they go back to 5 attempts
  • Options
    It just means we won't have new legendary and journey event for a while.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    "This was temporarily increased with the launch of Mods 2.0 to help players earn Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan." I read that as them needing to increase the cap due to having to farm 5 new characters for Jedi Revan and 4 new characters for Darth Revan....which should mean then that if the cap can now be reduced, then the upcoming journey/legendary characters should not require farming 4-5 new characters. Sure, hope that's the case.

@Vos_Landeck
    they went on to say
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Now that players have had a chance to earn these characters and players will have had much more time to unlock the prerequisite characters in future events, we will be returning back to 5 attempts per refresh.

so it is not likely the number of characters required will change, just the timeframe for farming.

That language is referring to the amount of time to unlock the OR characters for the future JKR and DR events. I'm talking about brand-new journey/legendary events for new characters in the future. The reasoning is that they increased the cap for JKR and DR to give us better ability to farm for them....i.e., 9 of the 10 characters required were brand-new and required a lot of farming. So if we're dropping back to 5 attempts, then that suggests that the upcoming journey/legendary events should involve at least some existing characters (like Chewie and 3PO did) so we won't have to be farming up 4-5 brand new characters for one journey/legendary event....otherwise, if if is JKR or DR all over again, then we'd still need the 8 attempts.
  • Options
    I am so frustrated, how insensitive is it to post the event schedule for the rest of April, and let people set goals and then shatter them with such short notice on changes like this. The considerate thing to do is at least give adequate notice and bring in the change at the start of May.
    Bingo, I'm probably out JKR this round because I assumed CG wouldn't do this.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    Sad change just to grab more money from people...
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    TRAAAAAAAAAAAASH decision.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Options
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    Aydnie wrote: »
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    Can't wait for Kyno to come and defend CG by saying that "we should all be grateful that CG increased it to 5 sims/day in the first place seeing as it used to be 3!"

That reminds me when people said about Kyno that he was a good person and they wanted him as the official community manager or stuff like this..

Congratulations! It would appear that you are physically capable of scrolling far down into someone's post history and dredging up comments from months ago!

It might be important to realize that things, along with opinions change.. Kyno is active, which is why on the surface I thought he would have been a good community manager compared to crumb who hardly says anything..

It is you who asked for this ?

Never noticed, I just remembered seeing someone asking this
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    That pretty much sinks my hopes of finishing my JKR farm FTP by the time the event ends. Fantastic...
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    That pretty much sinks my hopes of finishing my JKR farm FTP by the time the event ends. Fantastic...

They really want you to pay for it! :s
  • Amoliski
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Hey Spongebob, what am I?
    > A garbage company that treats their customers like trash
    No, I'm CG
    > What's the difference?!?!
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Xezee wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    I don't see what the big deal is.

It was always 5 attempts. They increased it to 8 for an unspecified time, but it was never stated or intended to be a permanent change. It's just going back to normal.

In the future we may get a third stretch of increased attempts.

Sorry, but if you think it was "always" 5 attempts, then you must be quite new. It was "always" (as in: originally) 3 attempts and 50 crystals for the first refresh. Then it was changed to 5/50 and 8/25 in September 2018 iirc
    I don't recall exact dates, but "8" might have been longer in the game than "5".

Been playing since almost the beginning, so no, not new. And the 3 attempts wasn't in the game very long at all, iirc. It's been 5 for at least like 3 years or so
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Too many ftp players were able to get DR this time due to the 8 attempts and cheap refresh rates....I believe they are doing this to help balance out the advantage paying customers have as they took a lot of that advantage away with easy and cheap farming. People who pay should have a much larger advantage than they do as it's what pays the bills. At the end of the day you can have a million ftp players come and go but unless that credit card is swiping they are not benefiting the company's bottom line beyond padding download stats and increasing game visibility.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Other Features:
    Weekly Shipment: A new shipment has been added for level 85 players. This shipment sells high value items that only refresh once a week. No refresh button is available.
    Mod Quests: A variety of new Mod quests related to unlocking Mod Battles and Slicing Mods have been added
    Mod Daily Activities: A new daily activity to do 3 battles that cost Mod Energy has been added. Also the “Level a Mod” Daily activity that appears for level 50-60 players has been removed.
    Increased Hard Node Attempts: Hard Nodes attempts have been increased from 5 to 8

Where in this description does it say temporary....
    Stop the lies @CG_SBCrumb

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/180392/game-update-8-30-2018-mods-2-0#latest
  • Options
    And so, with the emergence of Darth Revanue, the galaxy was heard to cry out as one.. and summarily ignored. I really need to get those bake sale signs printed. We could sell buns like Leia had in her hair. Han shot first pop overs, honey glazed Chewie rolls, it would really help game revenues.. Come on gang, lets put on a show!
  • Options
    A little background for context here; for those of you who aren't familiar with EA/Bioware's newest game, Anthem, a game that was in development for 6 years and it was the biggest gaming disappointment of 2019 due to it's lack of content and horrible loot system. Anthem's developers made a mistake which accidentally allowed players to earn more loot for a weekend, players weren't aware that this was a bug and they loved it! After a few days the devs came out and "patched" the bug returning loot to it's grindy state that it was before. This caused many players to abandon the game in disappointment.

Now we have the hard node attempts returned to 5 and although it was not a bug, the point is that players are happy with 8 and taking it back to 5 will make them disappointed. Players don't have the patience to spend 6 months to 7 star characters, it's simple as that. Let us be happy and stop messing with things are working perfectly fine. Has anyone ever heard a player complain about 8 attempts? But last time they took 8 down to 5 people had the same reaction, why won't you learn?
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Options
    A little background for context here; for those of you who aren't familiar with EA/Bioware's newest game, Anthem, a game that was in development for 6 years and it was the biggest gaming disappointment of 2019 due to it's lack of content and horrible loot system. Anthem's developers made a mistake which accidentally allowed players to earn more loot for a weekend, players weren't aware that this was a bug and they loved it! After a few days the devs came out and "patched" the bug returning loot to it's grindy state that it was before. This caused many players to abandon the game in disappointment.

Now we have the hard node attempts returned to 5 and although it was not a bug, the point is that players are happy with 8 and taking it back to 5 will make them disappointed. Players don't have the patience to spend 6 months to 7 star characters, it's simple as that. Let us be happy and stop messing with things are working perfectly fine. Has anyone ever heard a player complain about 8 attempts? But last time they took 8 down to 5 people had the same reaction, why won't you learn?

Ea jesse is part of that mess so no surprise here
  • Options
    Obi1_son wrote: »

Ea jesse is part of that mess so no surprise here

Now now be nice
  • Options
    Let's send off the 8 chance nodes in style..
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IoyvvEWHodk
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    CG, CG not the game would have made me quit this game so many times over already, if not for my guild mates.

And when I quit I completely quit too, to never return. CG is just lucky for both star wars and our will to not leave the friends we have made here.

The only 2 reasons this game is still alive at all.
  • Options
    What **** thought it was a good idea to change something that helps new players in a game that is supposed to be fun, Not a shard faming simulator that will take 6+months to get a single character that will be useless when you get it.

Instead of changing something the whole player base likes why don't you listen to the players instead of lining your own pockets you greedy ****.
  • Options
    Snark aside, missed revenues for Anthem, 350 layoffs, SWGOH is obviously being looked at for value assessment, going forward. I am fairly sure ALL EA studios are scrambling. Firemonkeys had layoffs also (SIMMS Freeplay in Australia), Studios in Japan and Russia are being closed, not a fun time in the neighborhood.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I mean, what does this help? Less people will do refreshes, so less crystals will be spent, F2P will take nearly 200 days to farm ONE. just one character to seven star.

And all this because too many f2p people have had access to Darth Revan? Darth Revanue was not as good as the gains from JKR cause of delays, even with the forced new gear that they charged us 2000 crystals for to pay on the same day as his release, or an incredibly slow gear farm that will prevent us from hitting hard nodes?

So the people who have been going after this gear, instead of hitting hard nodes over the past couple of days, just wasted the time they had to still farm characters.

Anthem failing EA, Darth Revenue failing their pocket book, next option? release Friday news to screw over your player base while not even improving profits because all this does is cause people to leave. And the people who stay will be doing less refreshes anyway since 8-16-24 is so much better then 5-10-15.
  • Marly
    4 posts Member
    Options
    This is horrible for newer players, JKR, DR, JTR, Falcon, c3p0, it will be impossible to catch up.... Will just fall farther and farther behind with each event
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    While I will be missing the 8 attempts on hard nodes I will still work diligently! Thank you for giving us the extra attempts for the last half a year or so.

Keep up the hard work! Can't wait for Darth Malak, and eventually the best sith ever Darth Bane!

We aren't getting Malak.

What do you mean? They made a direct teaser for him at the end of the revan event.
  • Benobi
    44 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I think they are actively trying to ruin the game and push people out. Making themselves unemployed.
  • Cal00054
    158 posts Member
    Options
    While I will be missing the 8 attempts on hard nodes I will still work diligently! Thank you for giving us the extra attempts for the last half a year or so.

Keep up the hard work! Can't wait for Darth Malak, and eventually the best sith ever Darth Bane!

We aren't getting Malak.

What do you mean? They made a direct teaser for him at the end of the revan event.

Yeah, if anything this is more confirmation of Malak. We know he’ll be marquee, and this makes him harder to farm.
  • Mahluus
    31 posts Member
    Options
    I started spending again when it increased to 8 tries on hard nodes (dolphin spending, nothing huge, but spending), made farming tolerable and getting a character to 7 stars seemed like a reachable goal, at 5 attempts it just becomes a real grind again.

This change means back to maintenance mode for me, i won't be chasing metas and i'll spend absolutely nothing again. If i didnt love the star wars IP so much i'd actually just pack it in.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options

We aren't getting Malak.

Which teaser?
  • Options
    Whoever said this game is turning into a 'farm simulator' is 100% correct.

Except for TW/TB/GA, I simply hit buttons for months on end to collect a player to make it SOMEWHAT decent enough to help me actually play. Maybe 25% of my roster I use consistently....the rest sits at Lvl 50 or Lvl 1.

I log in....spend my 150 crystals for energy when I wake up....do my sims on my fav'd characters to level them up...sim challenges.....sim Galactic Arena....then maybe later do a few activities. I spend more time just pushing buttons to farm.
This discussion has been closed.