Missing cancelled GA rewards

Replies

• TVF
    36625 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I did. You used it wrong. Unless you really were trying to insinuate I have my cat call you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Catcalling.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    What's your point then? You didn't mention CG. Fine. What's your point in saying double drop chances is not the same as guaranteed rewards for playing a GA? Just stating a fact? Ok.

• rdufield
    115 posts Member
    Options
    TVF I must say I don't know how you do it I know I couldn't it must take alot of your time answering and replying and defending what going on in this game two things I must say I hope your getting paid good and keep your head up much respect!
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    rdufield wrote: »
    TVF I must say I don't know how you do it I know I couldn't it must take alot of your time answering and replying and defending what going on in this game two things I must say I hope your getting paid good and keep your head up much respect!

I am and thank you.

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Manumicio wrote: »
    To be honest, personally i will mostly miss the slicing materials from GA, especially the "end game" Materials which you only get in Guild Store/Shardshop. The 2x drops do not compensate this at all.

Double drops for slicing mats is coming soon.

Edit - extra shard shop currency from double drops can help you buy extra of the gold mats

Double drop chances is not the same as guaranteed rewards for playing a GA.

CG never once claimed it was the same.

Did I mention CG?

You sure love to get hung up on technicalities.

Still not "done" eh? Let me know when you're done done.

I don't get hung up on technicalities, and I don't make things up like you do.

You dont make things up? That's unfortunate, I enjoy playing make believe at times. Making things up is often the way I deal with wah wah wah posts. I imagine something horrible has actually happened as opposed to not getting a zeta or that last Bossk shard, Baaaaawwwwwwssssskkkkkk!(Kirk screaming Kahn impresseion). Anywho, make things up, life will be happier. Just my two cents.

TVF cat called me

Like that?

I mean, I dont like cats, but if that works for you that's cool. What did the cat say?
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    rdufield wrote: »

Getting paid "well" btw.
  • Options
    I usually hate on EA/CG most of the time.

I think they should have stated:

"While not scheduling any GA for the month of June, we will be adding extra events to make up for the missing GA's and rewards. This being said, the added events will not give a 1:1 compensation of GA awards previously earned but will potentially help in other areas of the game."

Simple concise and accurate. Which is what we need.

It promises nothing but delivers on everything it does state and at that point, its on the individual gamer to understand - NO GA Rewards. Period.

573 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I usually hate on EA/CG most of the time.

I think they should have stated:

"While not scheduling any GA for the month of June, we will be adding extra events to make up for the missing GA's and rewards. This being said, the added events will not give a 1:1 compensation of GA awards previously earned but will potentially help in other areas of the game."

Simple concise and accurate. Which is what we need.

It promises nothing but delivers on everything it does state and at that point, its on the individual gamer to understand - NO GA Rewards. Period.

Then we would have people complaining that not having a 1:1 compensation doesn't "make up" for the missing rewards and that the double drop event just offsets the rewards....
  • Options

Then we would have people complaining that not having a 1:1 compensation doesn't "make up" for the missing rewards and that the double drop event just offsets the rewards....

At that points its people just wanting to complain (which I can't really fault) however, it would have far less legs to stand on.

There's always complainers (me being one of them) but I *try* to limit it to something inferred and not delivered. (which is the case here unfortunately.)

In the end it is their game and they can do what they want, when they want, and how they want.
    That being said, that mentality, does not create goodwill.
  • yohann269
    375 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    zetas are a big deal, CG has said so. they limit how many you can get. GA was one of the ways, now with "double drops" as compensation those of us who would have won or placed 2nd in GA potentially get less zetas. I got zero today. Hopefully the next time it will go better. but it really sucks that i'm now depending on RNG vs my own skill.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    yohann269 wrote: »
    zetas are a big deal, CG has said so. they limit how many you can get. GA was one of the ways, now with "double drops" as compensation those of us who would have won or placed 2nd in GA potentially get less zetas. I got zero today. Hopefully the next time it will go better. but it really sucks that i'm now depending on RNG vs my own skill.

But the forum has scientifically proved that GA is also completely RNG dependent (via matchmaking). And that's why everyone loses every match and no one ever gets zetas.

Also there's no zetas for half the GA.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    We are getting one GA this month. Half of GAs have zetas on the line. Average payout for a GA that actually has them is 1.5 zetas. If this one GA for the month rewards zetas, you are missing out on 1.5 zetas. "But I perform above average," is not relevant. You are, on average, missing out on 1.5 zetas and are not entitled to above average compensation for this event.

We get double mat drops on three days, which are a 40% drop chance IIRC, with two rolls per challenge, two challenges a day, for a total of four dice a day. This happens for three days. That's twelve dice.

Assuming the GA this month has zetas? If you get a seven or better on two ten-sided dice in a pool of twelve, you're coming out ahead on zeta mats, because you missed out on 1.5. That is likely. As in 98% chance.

If the GA this month does not have zetas, then you need to get 3 or more hits to break even. That's a 91% chance.

You are, on average, gaining 4.8 zetas when you missed out on either 1.5 or 3 zetas. Even if you roll badly, you had a fair roll. That's just luck. Minimal long term impact. c'est la vie.

But the majority of people are coming out ahead on this one, and they're gonna complain about it anyways.
    Post edited by YaeVizsla on
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Everyone is up in arms about zetas and im just sitting here wanting my 100+ gold slicing mats that i cant farm with double drops :/
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    nvm
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    To make the math a bit more facing reality, you should consider to take Average Joes outcome from missing GA into the calculation.

The middle place over all participants would be 4.5, which means, 50% of players are placing better (1-4), and the other 50% worse (5-8). Because we can't use a place 4.5 we need some workaround, which is easy with 4 GAs missing: 2 times bracket 2-4 + 2x 5-7.

That would give this "average" player following results:
    • 102 MK2 Impulse Mods (6 wins á 12 + 6 losses á 5)
    • 330 MK1 Capacitors (2x 95 + 2x 70)
    • 330 MK1 Amplifier
    • 60 Purple or golden gear parts (2x 18 + 2x 12)
    • 3 Zetas (1x 2 + 1x 1)
    • 6 Omegas (2x 2 + 2x 1)
    • 10 Ship Omegas (1x 6 + 1x 4)

I did not include the credits for beating a opponent team!

All possible rewards can be still checked here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/199570/content-update-3-27-2019

So if i "translate" these into crystal values, it would be like:
    • 102 MK2 = 8160 ShardShopCurrency = 544 shards = 27200 Crystals (cheapest shard 1 = 50)
    • 660 MK1 Cap. + Amp. = 5280 Crystals (1 = 8)
    • 60 gear parts = 1680 Crystals (1 = 28)
    • 3 Zetas = 6000 FleetArenaCurrency = 60 ship/char shards = 3000 Crystals (s.a. 1 = 50)
    • 6 Omegas = 750 Crystals (1 = 125)
    • 10 Ship Omegas = not buyable

So beside the credits and the ship omegas (which are good to farm with ship energy) "Joe Average" would have lost with these 4 missing GAs ingame values more than

37910 Crystals

worth!

That's a lot, and i don't think, some double drops are any kind of compensation for it! Especially not if they expect that the players should BUY more refreshes with crystals :wink:

But in the end it is their game, and they can do whatever they want, even cutting the rewards, or completely throw them away.
  • Options
    You can buy MK2s from shipments for 30 crystals per, which means the value is 3060 for 102 of them, not 27200. I stopped there and didn’t check the rest of your math.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    I stopped reading when he said we are missing 4 Grand Arenas

We are actually missing two
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Options
    Draw it back on topic please, leave it out with the arguing it's not necessary and it's bringing this way off topic.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I think the fundamental problem with saying double drops are a replacement for GAs is that they're replacing something where the player had control over the results (GA) with something where they don't at all (2*drops). I like double drops a lot, and they've been good to me (6 zetas, topped off a lot of hard farms). However they are still not a replacement for something that takes strategy and skill. The random nature means that statistically there's going to be a small contingent of very angry players that get no zetas for all 3 ship challenge days. At least if you got rank 8 in all 4 GAs it's on you.

CG would have been better off to simply run double drops without an announcement of compensation for the missing GAs. Or just throw us rank 2 rewards for all 4 and ditch the double drops. There would still be complaining (when isn't there?) but at least it'd be fair.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    We are getting one GA this month. Half of GAs have zetas on the line. Average payout for a GA that actually has them is 1.5 zetas. If this one GA for the month rewards zetas, you are missing out on 1.5 zetas. "But I perform above average," is not relevant. You are, on average, missing out on 1.5 zetas and are not entitled to above average compensation for this event.

We get double mat drops on three days, which are a 40% drop chance IIRC, with two rolls per challenge, two challenges a day, for a total of four dice a day. This happens for three days. That's twelve dice.

Assuming the GA this month has zetas? If you get a seven or better on two ten-sided dice in a pool of twelve, you're coming out ahead on zeta mats, because you missed out on 1.5. That is likely. As in 98% chance.

If the GA this month does not have zetas, then you need to get 3 or more hits to break even. That's a 91% chance.

You are, on average, gaining 4.8 zetas when you missed out on either 1.5 or 3 zetas. Even if you roll badly, you had a fair roll. That's just luck. Minimal long term impact. c'est la vie.

But the majority of people are coming out ahead on this one, and they're gonna complain about it anyways.

we don't know what the rewards are for this potential GA, it's not on the calendar yet, so I'm not holding my breath. it's possible there will be a bug with the Title update and it doesn't happen. as others have said you are replacing my skill based rewards with luck based rewards. I also want my pulse modulators, which are not farmable with double drops and no double drops are giving additional Guild Store currency to buy more pulse modulators.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I stopped reading when he said we are missing 4 Grand Arenas

We are actually missing two

you are assuming we get one this month and the rewards are similar.
  • Options
    If you are trying to base everything in math (which makes sense) start by changing everything to 2 GAs instead of 4, as 4 is just stupid and makes no sense. Last GA ended on the 3rd and new GA (GAC exhibition or whatever) is going to be on the 20th. Which is literally 2 GAs a a couple of days without it.
  • Angelloyd
    365 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    And you can’t compare all those things to crystals anyway.

Most of those things a double drop can compensate unless you are really unlucky. That requires using crystals thou which is the problem. While on GA you don’t spend anything
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    And you can’t compare all those things to crystals anyway

I've been told analogies aren't direct correlations, so you can compare anything you want to crystals.
  • Options
    So why in his mind, one zeta is equivalent to 1k crystals? Who defined that? Can you understand why that logic he used makes no sense at all?